Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454071 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
domex007: Hello House. Visa denied today at Lagos emb. A chinese guy in window 4
Vo: why are you going to us
Me: to study
Vo: why uco
Me: told him
Vo: how many sch did you apply?
Me: 3 sch and named them
Vo: what will you do wen you finish studying?
Me: come back to naija and continue working in the company
Vo: who is paying?
Me: the company where I work
Vo: why?
Me: I won scholarship
Vo: but you I-20 states family fund. Why?
Me: trying to explain the reason but he said sorry blah blah blah and handed me the blue paper
Me: thank you sir and merry xmas in advance

I think I told you to correct the error on ur I20? Weren't you the one?

Well, correct the error n go claim ur VISA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
ferdimako:

U can carry up or above 10K u just have to declare that or face d penalty.
To the best of knowledge anything more than $10K is Money Laundry Oº°˚˚°ºo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
domex007:

Big time discrepancy. If actually you got scholarship from a company, why did you go with a form I-20 saying family funds?

If you've heard various warnings about stop taking chances and get everything right even if you have to defer but still went ahead with error on your I-20...... then I'm not sorry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
joelin_sewa: Please ouse, sum1 should breif me, what is the best way to collect cash with GT Bank Master card in US which will exclude charges and how much cash is allowed for PTA. If I'll be holding dollars when travelling. Please which is advisable, buy dollars here in Nigeria or withdraw with ATM cos the rate here is killing
Its advisable to travel with little cash cos you might want to buy something or pick a taxi when you get to your destination but as a first time traveller u can go with $500 or $1K, maximum is $10K for your PTA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yes, that's what I will go and go collect the visa

Amefrica:

I think I told you to correct the error on ur I20? Weren't you the one?

Well, correct the error n go claim ur VISA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
domex007: Yes, that's what I will go and go collect the visa

Next time bro, try to listen to advices. I'm not trying to scold you for your mistake tho'..

Goodluck next time!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

No matter how small ur cash is, you must declare it. You can't travel with above 10K
I've always told you, verify stuffs before you assume. I carried cash, but not up to 10,000USD and I wasn't required to declare it. My friend (we were on the same flight) carried 12,000USDnd she declared nada
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Deolu1993: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
nomso27:

hmmm my bro, those schools we call dem agents bcus, dey'll charge u more dan d actual fee for d exam, so d house always advice peeps to register for such exams by themself.

There hv been some *hibbity jibbity* in standardized tests lately, so i dnt knw if SAT is still offered in Nigeria. Jst hold on the house will help u with guide to register urself.

House Abeg our guy wan REG for SAT exam, him need una help. So dat agent no go wipe am.

Biggie i see u. Ekene ka m ji bia cheesy

Oboi thx meyn,Double twale for u,..I don register today 4 January..but I want may una wey don do exam give me some tips wey help una..besides if u sabi correct centre for tutorials..dat1 self go help..cheers in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
I've always told you, verify stuffs before you assume. I carried cash, but not up to 10,000USD and I wasn't required to declare it. My friend (we were on the same flight) carried 12,000USDnd she declared nada

She would have faced the consequence(s) if she was caught..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
jaskinbo: Hello my experienced gurus in the house, I had scheduled a regular appointment since Monday and I filled the Emergency appointment request form immediately but I haven't heard any reply since then weather or not they approved or denying it. What can I do pls?

Its like we are in the same condition! Requested for an emergency date since monday evening, but haven't heard from them till date. Sent an email to LagosStudentVisas@state.gov, but they kept on directing me to the Expedite Service on the appointment page!

Did you send a scanned copy of your Form I-20 and SEVIS receipt when you requested for the ED?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
Declare or not declare, travelling with 12K dollar is very risky, thank God he/she was not caught some other person might not be lucky like that shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
domex007: Hello House. Visa denied today at Lagos emb. A chinese guy in window 4
Me: trying to explain the reason but he said sorry blah blah blah and handed me the blue paper

You almost secure the TRV but you have to go along with your I-20 informations... You told him company will finance and your I-20 stated family .. See the diff yourself , like I always say there VO always go angry when they detected lies... Reapply again bro am 95% sure you will get the TRV if you follow your I-20 messages ... You almost there man... One of my boy was denied last 2 weeks and he reapply and got his TRV today... Quick reapply again ... Go with emergence if you don't see date before your I-20 expired or email your school to send you extension letter ... Best of luck

Btw email me privately I want to help you out asap... Wanna tell you something that will help you with family sponsor stated in your I-20 and by God grace if you again ( before 2 weeks time ) you will secure the TRV
( ojooyelakin@yahoo.com )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
ojooyelakin:

You almost secure the TRV but you have to go along with your I-20 informations... You told him company will finance and your I-20 stated family .. See the diff yourself , like I always say there VO always go angry when they detected lies... Reapply again bro am 95% sure you will get the TRV if you follow your I-20 messages ... You almost there man... One of my boy was denied last 2 weeks and he reapply and got his TRV today... Quick reapply again ... Go with emergence if you don't see date before your I-20 expired or email your school to send you extension letter ... Best of luck

*sniffles* I smell Canada applicant.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

*sniffles* I smell Canada applicant.. grin

Oh yes man, canada nah long thing since when? Abandoned that and in state now... Missing you on there @ the canada post forum ... Was told chrigo and Mis Bon are in canny now... Good!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

Oga Lisadem! I still dey wait you oo.

Hey omo iya! I tried re-sending you request but was proved abortive. #bbm wahala# I suggest you ask iamchux or francis for my pin, perhaps you should send a request from your end and hopefully we get connected back. Off bbm for some days because of finals but i will be back tonight (Naija morning) after my last paper. BTW, Hope you are good wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
iamchux:

Its like we are in the same condition! Requested for an emergency date since monday evening, but haven't heard from them till date. Sent an email to LagosStudentVisas@state.gov, but they kept on directing me to the Expedite Service on the appointment page!

Did you send a scanned copy of your Form I-20 and SEVIS receipt when you requested for the ED?

Longest time. menh see wetin delayed i-20 wan cause o. keep pestering them... chat you up later wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
Lool. Look bush abeg lipsrsealed

No bushes around my neighborhood here. not desolate like your place in AR tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Deolu_1993:

Oboi thx meyn,Double twale for u,..I don register today 4 January..but I want may una wey don do exam give me some tips wey help una..besides if u sabi correct centre for tutorials..dat1 self go help..cheers in advance.

if u want to attend classes gieva have classes for sat and toefl.

if u want to download study aids i think u'll send an empty mail to ..........amefrica ? jo, ba wa kpe addressi toefl ati sat study aid. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
ojooyelakin:

Oh yes man, canada nah long thing since when? Abandoned that and in state now... Missing you on there @ the canada post forum ... Was told chrigo and Mis Bon are in canny now... Good!!!

Wow! Good bro.

Chrigo and greaterheights don land today. Miss bon still awaiting her VISA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
lisadem:

Hey omo iya! I tried re-sending you request but was proved abortive. #bbm wahala# I suggest you ask iamchux or francis for my pin, perhaps you should send a request from your end and hopefully we get connected back. Off bbm for some days because of finals but i will be back tonight (Naija morning) after my last paper. BTW, Hope you are good wink

I've sent you a request, egbon.

I'm good. This harmattan is a biitch grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
nomso27:

if u want to attend classes gieva have classes for sat and toefl.

if u want to download study aids i think u'll send an empty mail to ..........amefrica ? jo, ba wa kpe addressi toefl ati sat study aid. smiley

grin grin

Send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
lisadem:

Longest time. menh see wetin delayed i-20 wan cause o. keep pestering them... chat you up later wink

Finally got the i-20, but the date is no where to be found! grin

If ustraveldocs does anyhow, "defer" would be the next option... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by keepmegoing(m): 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
balotelli: For those planning to Go on Vacation I think there is a Deny Rampage going on at the US embassy. Both Lagos and Abuja. Ill advise one waits till Next year ,I am only saying this Because lotta of my Pals and me was denied Visa but the few issued was for those going for training , Medical issues and even slim chances for conference. The V O was like why will u go for vacation december when there is nothing to see just snow everywhere and at times one has to stay Indoor all day Can't go to beaches.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2013

Bro all is well but u shouldnt have say company is ur sponsor when your I-20 stated family fund.

All is well and in your next interview you will get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Deolu1993: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin

Send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com
I don send am oga mi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Deolu_1993:
I don send am oga mi.

Wait for auto reply containing links to download the materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

I've sent you a request, egbon.

I'm good. This harmattan is a biitch grin

Biitch ke! Remember you are heading to minnesota, the cold region!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Deolu1993: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

Wait for auto reply containing links to download the materials.
Cheers boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
technolee:
Biitch ke! Remember you are heading to minnesota, the cold region!!

Anytime this crosses my mind, fear dey always catch me. embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Deolu_1993:
Cheers boss

If you don't get in the next 1hr, pls kindly re-send it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 11:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amefrica:

Anytime this crosses my mind, fear dey always catch me. embarassed
Bros, help me edit the Beeeeech syndrome! I was surprised when I saw the end result. Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
technolee:
Bros, help me edit the Beeeeech syndrome! I was surprised when I saw the end result. Tnx

grin Nairaland is a b'itch, when it comes to censoring words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.