Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454078 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by feregamo: 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Who doesn't believe in miracle @walspring you are my angel,could not believe what happen today.It was a bad day for those applying or willing to study abroad,but with almighty God behind me,prayers and Angel walspring.I really greatful willl share my experience soon .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by feregamo: 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Who doesn't believe in miracle @walspring you are my angel,could not believe what happen today.It was a bad day for those applying or willing to study abroad,but with almighty God behind me,prayers and Angel walspring. I got my visa today in Lag consulate office ,I really greatful willl share my experience soon .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tochium: Please house is University of Bridgeport a red flag at the embassy?
it isn't. I suspect the chinko just had it in for the schoolgrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by filanid: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
ronnie28uk: Hey all.
Just got in from my interview, and it was very smooth. Success without a sweat. It was a no-documents-asked interview. Take a look at how it went.

Me- Good morning ma'am (with my cheerfulest smile)
VO- Good morning. U are so, so and so right?
Me- repeats name. Yes ma'am
VO- what masters are you going for?
ME- Masters in Public Health
VO- In what school?
Me- Texas A&M University
VO- why did u choose that school?
Me- it is one of the top 25 schools of public health in America. The departmental objectives of the course are well aligned with my career goals. I have also spoken with my advisor and I'm really excited about the research topic he's handling and can't wait to get started!
VO- did u apply to other schools? Name the schools.
Me- Yes. University of South Florida in Tampa and Rutgers University, New Jersey
VO- did u write any standardized tests?
Me- Yes, Gre and Toefl
VO- how did u do?
Me- I have my results here, will u like to take a look?
VO- no just say how u did? Did u do very well?
Me- yes I did excellently well
VO- who will be sponsoring ur trip?
Me- My vey close family friend

God's favour at work! Lessons learnt- exude confidence, be cheerful, do ur homework, don't be agitated if u get several questions, just take them in stride.
See u all at d top! cheesy

Congrats,I saw you at the embassy today... U wore a red blazer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

Why not change that school? I think it's one of the Red Flag schools.

Never! I applied to the school and wasn't given admission. It's a private research based institute.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
aekmanweb: @imperiouxx: I didn't mean i would use the CC admission for Visa application, only wanted to have their I-20 with me here in Nigeria prior to traveling to the States so that upon arrival in the U.S, i would just apply for transfer from the UNI to the CC because i wouldn't want to miss the semester. Is that a bad idea? Please, be candid and advice.

Sure, that's fine. I thought you mean you're going to show them CCs are the other schools you applied to.

Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by filanid: 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hi everyone,

I give all Glory to the Mighty One of Israel, Author and Finisher of my faith, the immovable Rock,the Pillar of my life. I got my visa granted today in Lagos. My biggest shootout to Amerafrica and Imperiouxx,God bless you both much for your help and every one on NL, that has shared their experiences and given guidelines

I was interviewed by a chino guy,he denied everyone that got interviewed before me.

V.O : where r u going to the US
Me: to pursue a masters degree in.chemistry
V.O: what school?
Me: Western Kentucky uni
V.O: why this school and how many other schools did I apply to?
Me: the course curriculum aligns with my career aspiration and the faulty has state of the art instrumentatiom.Also,the course chemistry has being accredited over 60 yrs nw
Me: uni of Florida,uni of north Texas n wku
V.O : who is sponsoring.your education?
Me: my aunt
V.O: what did.u do in undergrads
Me: biochemistry
V.o what r u plans after MSc?
Me: come back to nig n get a Job with Nafdac
V.o: ok,hands me white paper)go to v.i on Tuesday.to get ur passport.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sure, that's fine. I thought you mean you're going to show them CCs are the other schools you applied to.

Best of luck.
thanx bro, can u pls PM me your BB pin n let's chat some more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
filanid:

Congrats,I saw you at the embassy today... U wore a red blazer
Congratulobialations, Filanid. God has indeed done it again, not just for you but for the entire body of thread members.

...but you should consider modifying your quotes.

I'm applying to a school in Kentucky, we might get to meet someday! Enjoy your U.S.A!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Congrats to everyone who got their visa, and to Tochium, I believe everything happens for a reason and yours would definitely be for a positve reason. The visa is yours on your next try.

@jaskinbo, I got this reply today, did you receive any of such?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Never! I applied to the school and wasn't given admission. It's a private research based institute.
We stand corrected. It's the name, I guess
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
[quote author=filanid]Hi everyone,

I give all Glory to the Mighty One of Israel, Author and Finisher of my faith, the immovable Rock,the Pillar of my life. I got my visa granted today in Lagos. My biggest shootout to Amerafrica and Imperiouxx,God bless you both much for your help and every one on NL, that has shared their experiences and given guidelines

I was interviewed by a chino guy,he denied everyone that got interviewed before me.

Me: the course curriculum aligns with my career aspiration and the faulty has state of the art instrumentatiom.Also,the course chemistry has being accredited over 60 yrs nw

Congrats my brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tochium:

Amefrica,

What's that your school name? is it a public school? wanna apply for fall immediately. I so much believe that i was denied because of the school, i saw it all.

Southwest Minnesota State University.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
filanid: Hi everyone,

@filanid: I follow you hail Baba God, it was His doing cause many went to this same chinko guy and were denied. Big Hallelujah to the most High!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Anyone here familiar with Georgia state university, Grand valley state university and University of kentucky, lexington?

I ain't taking chances
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
filanid: Hi everyone,

I saw this coming. Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
This post has been eaten
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ayam back to my family grin grin I miss you all kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
kofsy: Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ayam back to my family grin grin I miss you all kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Welcome sweet! kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Ok bro! I stood to be corrected. Like I said "I think" not "It is".

Thanks for clarifying smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT A FRAUD!!! Abeg please verify before you give people erroneous information. One of the members of this forum got her visa with that school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ms Nas: FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT A FRAUD!!! Abeg please verify before you give people erroneous information. One of the members of this forum got her visa with that school.

What's the meaning of that ? Wetin bring that one come? Moreover, imperiouxx clarified it already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ms Nas: FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT A FRAUD!!! Abeg please verify before you give people erroneous information. One of the members of this forum got her visa with that school.
NOBODY said it was!...We presumed it didn't have favour with the VOs.

It's been sorted and we have since acknowledged our mistake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

What's the meaning of that ? Wetin bring that one come? Moreover, imperiouxx clarified it already.
I twowonder
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Congrats to those that got their visas approved..

Just have a question tho. After being denied before because I-20 was family fund and ds160 and interview sesssion states company fund. What are ♍Ɣ‎ chances if I fill another ds160 stating family fund and reapply and go for interview before deadline date on I-20?

Or you think I should just write to the school then ask them to issue a new I-20 stating company fund, that means I will have to defer to the next semester.
Please which do you think is best? You could also rate both ways using percentage. Will be 21 nxt year and undergrad studies, hope that won't complicate issues?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by borie4u(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Pls is it possible to get a school with full scholarship for PHD students in Geoscience. I really dont know where to go with these numerous info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tochium:
VO: why this school?
me: because university of Bridgeport has a great record of academic excellence in Health science, also the staff-student relationship at the University of Bridgeport is very cordial especially for international students, that is why the school is ranked by US News and world report as the 11th most racially diverse national university in USA

@ Tochium
I felt bad when you said you were denied the visa cos you are a regular here. Don't let it get to you as some of the Ogas of this forum were also denied visas at their initial attempts. I think you should change the school to another university and work on the question 'Why this particular school?' I don't think the VO would be convinced by the bolded response.
The reason you choose a school shouldn't be because it is racially diverse or cos they have a cordiaql relationship with their students cos most universities in the US relate well with their students. Emphasize the first bit of your answer which is the school's academic excellence and try and specifically relate it to the school's academic excellence in your chosen course. Please don't be tempted to give a generic answer, be as specific as possible.
Do not be discouraged bro and go get that visa!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
domex007: Congrats to those that got their visas approved..

Just have a question tho. After being denied before because I-20 was family fund and ds160 and interview sesssion states company fund. What are ♍Ɣ‎ chances if I fill another ds160 stating family fund and reapply and go for interview before deadline date on I-20?

Or you think I should just write to the school then ask them to issue a new I-20 stating company fund, that means I will have to defer to the next semester.
Please which do you think is best? You could also rate both ways using percentage. Will be 21 nxt year and undergrad studies, hope that won't complicate issues?

Bro, you no wan hear word oo. We don talk about this already nah. PLS BE CONSISTENT.

Send a mail to your school to defer till fall and correct the error on your I20.

Pls don't be in a haste to go to the embassy to avoid getting the same result.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
borie4u: Pls is it possible to get a school with full scholarship for PHD students in Geoscience. I really dont know where to go with these numerous info.

Over to imperiouxx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
@iamchux, I got the same email from them today. So what's the next step of action?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
Bro, take A̶̲̥̅̊♍ easy na.. Just requesting more advise,.. Thanks for yours, I really appreciate but just still using mine to warn people in this trend that may have similar issues in the future..
@Amefrica, when I retreieve the new I-20 with the corrected mistake, what will I tell the VO when he/she asks why I was denied before? Or why I changed I-20? Or want will be ♍Ɣ‎ excuse for what I have been doing from 2010-2014 till now? That's 4yrs since I left high school?

Amefrica:

Bro, you no wan hear word oo. We don talk about this already nah. PLS BE CONSISTENT.

Send a mail to your school to defer till fall and correct the error on your I20.

Pls don't be in a haste to go to the embassy to avoid getting the same result.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
@jaskinbo, I got this reply today, did you receive any of such?[/quote]

Did u attach a copy of your I-20 showing the resumption date and your Sevis fee receipt? I think that could be a reason for ED refusal.

Meanwhile Abj or Lag where can I get the earliest date for visa booking?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.