Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454213 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21: Happy sunday, Nairalanders.

I'm fully set to go. The preparations have not been easy. For those abroad, I want to ask the particular food stuffs that are prohibited at the airport? In particular, is red oil or palm oil or nmanu nni(igbo) prohibited at the airport?

These are the food stuffs I bought:
Ogbono
Egwusi
Crayfish
Okporoko[stockfish. Both fillets and the stockfish ear(nti okporoko)]
Dry fish
Red oil
A dozen of curry and thyme each(I learnt ours tastes differently from theirs)
Maggi and knor.
Garri and 'garri turner'. cheesy

I didn't buy okro and ugu leaves because I believe I could find them there.
Those abroad, please I need your inputs.
Carry as many food as you can carry BigFrancis. But don't carry Palm Oil, it will be seized. Carry garri turner (small or medium size). My mom didn't allow me bring any as she was afraid the airliners might think I wan take am fight grin

The wooden spoon or ladle I got at Walmart kept breaking until I bought the better one at Houston. angry don't carry chicken flavored Maggi. Americans will seize it

Carry Ugwu and butter leaf. No Ugwu here unless you wan chop spinach sha oo.
Truth it, you're going to Maryland you will Def have African stores around...but you could save your money and bring those things from Nigeria. Ordinary powdered peak milk is $16 and 5litres of Palm Oil is $26. She you see?

Me, I be akagum sha. I cannot be spending all my $$ on food and whatnot when I can spend them on clothes grin angry Safe Trip kiss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Johnmayor: Hello guys am new here .Am going to USA for my undergraduate study and already applied for USA visa interview.Pls my main question now is that when applying for admission I use my dad personal bank statement and now am going with the bank statement with letter of sponsorship bearing his company name on top .

my second question is I finish my national diploma in may but i did not apply with the national diploma result and am taking the notification of result to the embassy hope it won't be a problem?

Thirdly,I already fill my DS160 form nd gave fix an appointment but I want o make some changes in my Ds160 form abt my previous education,pls can I fill anoda DS160 form hope it won't be a problem?

Ask your dad to do photocopy of CO2 and CO1 (CAC certificate) of the company for you (and make sure your dad is the principal signatory to the company account) then you have to take it (CO1& CO2) to any high court for neutralization...when VO ask for document who will sponsor you just present the SOA with CO1 and CO2 together at once
Best of luck...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
ojooyelakin:

Ask your dad to do photocopy of CO2 and CO1 (CAC certificate) of the company for you (and make sure your dad is the principal signatory to the company account) then you have to take it (CO1& CO2) to any high court for neutralization...when VO ask for document who will sponsor you just present the SOA with CO1 and CO2 together at once
Best of luck...

Brother, you too dey put Canny style for here oo. He's going with Personal Bank Statement not Company's. Remember, you have to follow what's on your I-20.

BTW! Na Notarization not Neutralisation. smiley

How your side bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ms Nas:
Your stomach na Heavy duty grin grin me I cannot eat all those Walmart junk save for the okra o. Kai, Mr Imperiouxx....oyinbo curry is different jor. it's quite tasteless tongue

I'm sure you like American food too sef shocked

Have you ever bought beef, chicken, fish, Habanero (rodo) or tomato in Walmart before? If yes, then the same goes for crayfish. About curry and other chemical substances (recipes), that's true, even their bouillon isn't as tasty as Nigerian bouillon (it's because we were brought up with maggi or knorr). Such is expected because we have different body chemistry (idiosyncrasy) and this is important when chemical companies (either food or drug) are compounding xenobiotics, nutrients and other ingestible chemicals. What they are concern about is nutrient ± idiosyncrasy.

Mind you, I eat once a day most of the time while many food sit in the fridge or rot away...... I don't crave for food like that.... you can't stay long without food like I do. Since those stuffs sent by friend finished, I only eat my homemade rice or eat at Chinese buffet (which is more or less like Nigerian food).

American food isn't bad either once you get the nourish ones and exclude the junks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
ojooyelakin:

Best of luck...

#Lesson! Never present what you are not asked to present except the VO asks for it, so you wouldn't seem desperate. So bank statement is strictly bank statement, no other document attached!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=Chemical2]
Thanks for that clarification, however did u pay your Sevis fee before applying for ED because the payment I made is yet to reflect on the fmjee website, want to be sure if Sevis fee payment confirmation is done by them before approving ED.[/quote
yeap, i already paid sevis fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ms Nas:
Carry as many food as you can carry BigFrancis. But don't carry Palm Oil, it will be seized. Carry garri turner (small or medium size). My mom didn't allow me bring any as she was afraid the airliners might think I wan take am fight grin

The wooden spoon or ladle I got at Walmart kept breaking until I bought the better one at Houston. angry don't carry chicken flavored Maggi. Americans will seize it

Truth it, you're going to Maryland you will Def have African stores around...but you could save your money and bring those things from Nigeria. Ordinary powdered peak milk is $16 and 5litres of Palm Oil is $26. She you see?

Me, I be akagum sha. I cannot be spending all my $$ on food and whatnot when I can spend them on clothes grin angry Safe Trip kiss

I'm sure as many foods as he can carry like you said won't last him for 5 years unless it's possible for him to make photocopies and laminate the foods.

He will still fall back to what I earlier told him....... buy what Walmart has and others from Nigerian/African market in MD.

So, why worried about someone at the airport confiscating your food or fuccking your plans at the last minute?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
nomso27:

shocked bro nothing do you.
Eba tinz for yankee.

grin grin

You're leaving soon. Don't tell me you ain't gotten yours yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Amefrica:

Food for thought grin

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

In fact, if I can see that eba this morning, na dance I go dey dance. cry cry I need to move to MD kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Amefrica:

Brother, you too dey put Canny style for here oo. He's going with Personal Bank Statement not Company's. Remember, you have to follow what's on your I-20.

BTW! Na Notarization not Neutralisation. smiley

How your side bro?

He says he will be going with bank statement bearing his dad company name... Then how do you think he's going to defend himself on that? Since his I-20 stated dad will be sponsor ?
Lol sorry just woke up when comment notarization I mean (btw my iPhone sucks, most time he chooses similar spelling itself grin ...
Cool man and you ? How yourside? Amefrica i will send you prvt msg soon... Because a fan here need your help....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by victorious4real: 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
'm new here ,house,kindly advise me on what to do @ this junction,I have been trying to book an emergency appointment but couldn't get one before .......6/1/2014 (resumption date on my current i-20)......I have written my school to defer my admission to April Intake .Pls can I ask d school to scan n send me the new i-20 through email ,I also want to know whether its accepted @ embassy ........house kindly advice m.thank u all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ms Nas:

Thank you soo much. You captured it all.

Wow...sad at palm oil being seized and I already bought a 5-litre can of red oil, the original type sef.

Maybe I'll put mine inside a waterproof and hope they don't see it. grin

But why exactly do they seize palm oil?

As for ugu, maybe I'll use spinach leaves instead. Don't want to carry leaves.

Thank you so much for the reply.

How's life over there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
victorious4real: 'm new here ,house,kindly advise me on what to do @ this junction,I have been trying to book an emergency appointment but couldn't get one before .......6/1/2014 (resumption date on my current i-20)......I have written my school to defer my admission to April Intake .Pls can I ask d school to scan n send me the new i-20 through email ,I also want to know whether its accepted @ embassy ........house kindly advice m.thank u all

Extension letter better idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:
But why exactly do they seize palm oil?

So, you like to burn up down the airport with lipids. Margarine or butter...... anything inflammable is not acceptable on passenger planes. That's the reason.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

You are just a typical Nigerian going on journey. You will get more than enough of all this in MD (State of Nigerians). Those bold are all what I have a good friend sent to me in large quantities because there is no African store here in my town. Okra, no worry about that one, Americans dey fry am as appetizer. Dem get okra plenty for Walmart, sealed in bags.

Mind you, I didn't bring any food stuffs from Nigeria while coming and I ate pounded yam prepared from pounded yam flour for more than 7 months.

Wowww! Thanks so much.

@bold...I love that. So I may not really need to carry garri after all when I could easily make pounded yam instead.

The availability of okra is another nice one I like.

Yea bro...I'm a typical Nigerian. I feel I'll still need to eat our foods for a while while I get used to American foods.

I and Bode Plot are leaving on the same day. And we'll be meeting at the airport. #Nairaland things. cheesy

KunleBal is leaving 2 days earlier than I and Bode plot. smiley

And RickyRozay is already chilling himself off in cold and freezing minnesota. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Wowww! Thanks so much.

@bold...I love that. So I may not really need to carry garri after all when I could easily make pounded yam instead.

Yea bro...I'm a typical Nigerian. I feel I'll still need to eat our foods for a while while I get used to American foods.

I and Bode Plot are leaving on the same day. And we'll be meeting at the airport. #Nairaland things. cheesy

And RickyRozay is already chilling himself off in cold and freezing minnesota. grin

It's good to hear you guys are leaving together. I wish I can be somewhere like MD or other states with many cities full of Nigerians...... just because of the food aspect of it. Apart from that, I'm better where there are very few Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm sure as many foods as he can carry like you said won't last him for 5 years unless it's possible for him to make photocopies and laminate the foods.

He will still fall back to what I earlier told him....... buy what Walmart has and others from Nigerian/African market in MD.

So, why worried about someone at the airport confiscating your food or fuccking your plans at the last minute?
grin grin grin All these long epistles for me? You dey vex say I no gree come do Christmas at NM? tongue

God catch you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ms Nas:
grin grin grin All these long epistles for me? You dey vex say I no gree come do Christmas at NM? tongue

God catch you. grin

angry angry Sebi you too don know wetin you do nau!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Wowww! Thanks so much.

sup bro will surely visit you in MD one, babsharon is leaving the same day with you bro
@imperiouxx hope they will not size my agbo jedi oooooooooo, just the leaf alone without water
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
kunlebal:
sup bro will surely visit you in MD one, babsharon is leaving the same day with you bro
@imperiouxx hope they will not size my agbo jedi oooooooooo, just the leaf alone without water

Dry stuffs are safe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

Dry stuffs are safe.
thank God, you got mail bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

angry angry Sebi you too don know wetin you do nau!
Oya chop kiss. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
My sweet Poraro, My Honey bombom, the cockroach in my comboard. I'm on my way. I dey Albuquerque grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
ojooyelakin:

He says he will be going with bank statement bearing his dad company name... Then how do you think he's going to defend himself on that? Since his I-20 stated dad will be sponsor ?
Lol sorry just woke up when comment notarization I mean (btw my iPhone sucks, most time he chooses similar spelling itself grin ...
Cool man and you ? How yourside? Amefrica i will send you prvt msg soon... Because a fan here need your help....

He's only going with Letter Of Sponsorship with his dad's company name, not Company's bank statement.

My side tight! No probs, I dey expect ur PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
victorious4real: 'm new here ,house,kindly advise me on what to do @ this junction,I have been trying to book an emergency appointment but couldn't get one before .......6/1/2014 (resumption date on my current i-20)......I have written my school to defer my admission to April Intake .Pls can I ask d school to scan n send me the new i-20 through email ,I also want to know whether its accepted @ embassy ........house kindly advice m.thank u all

You gotta be kidding me! You gonna get bounced at the embassy. Go with the one they gonna send through mail not email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

So, you like to burn up down the airport with lipids. Margarine or butter...... anything inflammable is not acceptable on passenger planes. That's the reason.

Hahaha. Ok, now I get. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
kunlebal:

Yea man.

Babsharon is leaving on the same day too? Great. He didn't tell me. Let me spank him now on bbm. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ms Nas:
Oya chop kiss. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
My sweet Poraro, My Honey bombom, the cockroach in my comboard. I'm on my way. I dey Albuquerque grin

Yay! Hope you're ready for all night? kiss B'cos tonight is gonna be a night to remember!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

i'm on it Boss,
but i like to think say na Macdonald sure pass. shocked grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hello friends. HappyY sunday..
A friend of ♍Ɣ‎ interview is coming up by 30 of the month and he finished secondary school in 2011 but he gained admission in eksu in 2012. The question now is what will he tell the VO if asked "what have U̶̲̥̅̊ been doing since you left seconday school in 2011? Should he tell the embassy that he is already in ekiti? Or he just went to computer school? Or that he did ND program.. Please friends what do you think. I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ also out of ideas to give him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.