Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,325 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454216 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ponlemi1: 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
@imperiouxx

I have sent you a mail .
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by adebonje: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
If I am asked why the school.. My response goes thus

Missouri state university is a large 4 year public coeducational multicultural institution with over 21000 students with representation from 50 states and 83 countries

It is located in an urban area,offers bachelor,masters and doctorate degrees.

It has a student faculty ratio of 20:1 and a student professor satio of 3:1

The program am going in for computer and information systems is a prog in the college of business administration.

MS uni coll of bus is the largest in missouri and on of the largest in the midwest

It has received the highest level of accreditation, not only has it received the highest level of accreditation, all prog in the coll of business administration has been fully certified by the association of advanced collagiate school of business and the wikipedia has it that only 10% of the college of business in the united states has received this level of accreditation

They have an upto date curriculum supported and insired by ibm which I believe will enhance my understanding to achieve and succeed,

They have a talented faculty with the state of the art computer software and hardware which will equip me with the right tools to succed.

From the vital tour I took on their website, they have a beautiful and serene campaus which will propel my enthusiasm to study,

And most importantly, the cost of attending missouri state university is lesser than the other uni i got admitted, I had to put it inline with what my dad could afford convieniently

Hope this is not too long !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
adebonje: If I am asked why the school.. My response goes thus

Missouri state university is a large 4 year public coeducational multicultural institution with over 21000 students with representation from 50 states and 83 countries

The program am going in for computer and information systems is a prog in the college of business administration.

MS uni coll of bus is the largest in missouri and on of the largest in the midwest

It has received the highest level of accreditation, not only has it received the highest level of accreditation, all prog in the coll of business administration has been fully certified by the association of advanced collagiate school of business and the wikipedia has it that only 10% of the college of business in the united states has received this level of accreditation

They have an upto date curriculum supported and insired by ibm which I believe will enhance my understanding to achieve and succeed,

They have a talented faculty with the state of the art computer software and hardware which will equip me with the right tools to succed.

From the vital tour I took on their website, they have a beautiful and serene campaus which will propel my enthusiasm to study,

And most importantly, the cost of attending missouri state university is lesser than the other uni i got admitted, I had to put it inline with what my dad could afford convieniently

All this epistle for just one question? I wonder how long your interview would then be... grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mckenziiii: 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2013

You are on a long thing bro.

Abeg, summarize everything to a paragraph jor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEnny(f): 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hello house, I gat questions.

1. How long does it take to get a sevis transferred plus and minus xmas holidays? I really want to transfer my sevis to Rutgers before the end of the year. Interview's first week in January. Hope its not too late?

2. Is Murray State Uni okay? I've not met anyone who got a visa for the school and I have two friends lined up with Murray I20s already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 21, 2013
Prof Enny: Hello house, I gat questions.

1. How long does it take to get a sevis transferred plus and minus xmas holidays? I really want to transfer my sevis to Rutgers before the end of the year. Interview's first week in January. Hope its not too late?

2. Is Murray State Uni okay? I've not met anyone who got a visa for the school and I have two friends lined up with Murray I20s already.

More than OK!

I've got no answer for ur 1st question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Destinygrl(f): 12:31am On Dec 21, 2013
Pls is it possible to read medicine in usa wth bsc in electronics tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 21, 2013
Destinygrl :

How do you plan to do that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:08am On Dec 21, 2013
Destinygrl :

Yes it's possible if you're an American. Medicine in US isn't for degree obtained outside US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 2:04am On Dec 21, 2013
Chief Imperiouxx,

How are you doing? It's been 3 days oo. Hope everything is going well with you? Just checking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yes it's possible if you're an American. Medicine in US isn't for degree obtained outside US.
It's possible, even if he/she got her degree outside the US, once she took all the pre-req courses as an undergrad, i.e. A year of org. Chem, advance physics, and bio. But the issue is, will his/her apps be strong enough to compete with those that had their undergrad in the US. Although foreign students can always take some college courses to up their GPA, since the average gpa of med school applicant is around 3.9/4, making that in Nigeria is almost impossible, so it's advisable that prospective med school applicant acquire a year of American education before sending in their application, he/she can also use that period to prepare for MCAT and shadow an MD. Hopefully a good gpa + MCAT scores in 35+ (take note that 45 is the perfect score i.e. 100%) and good LOR would get him/her into a med school, provided s/he's open to interview for any institution. But then again, you have to ask yourself if it really worth it, I mean you would be investing millions of naira, without access to loan or scholarship (unless you have a us citizen/green card holder as relative who wouldn't mind being a co-signer).

It's a long and lonely road, which seems almost impossible. So my advice to him/her would be "Think 'Fourice' (don't worry you won't find that in the dictionary)"

Forgive the typos, if any, I could barely move my hands while typing this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:47am On Dec 21, 2013
Phder:
It's possible, even if he/she got her degree outside the US, once she took all the pre-req courses as an undergrad, i.e. A year of org. Chem, advance physics, and bio. But the issue is, will his/her apps be strong enough to compete with those that had their undergrad in the US. Although foreign students can always take some college courses to up their GPA, since the average gpa of med school applicant is around 3.9/4, making that in Nigeria is almost impossible, so it's advisable that prospective med school applicant acquire a year of American education before sending in their application, he/she can also use that period to prepare for MCAT and shadow an MD. Hopefully a good gpa + MCAT scores in 35+ (take note that 45 is the perfect score i.e. 100%) and good LOR would get him/her into a med school, provided s/he's open to interview for any institution. But then again, you have to ask yourself if it really worth it, I mean you would be investing millions of naira, without access to loan or scholarship (unless you have a us citizen/green card holder as relative who wouldn't mind being a co-signer).

It's a long and lonely road, which seems almost impossible. So my advice to him/her would be "Think 'Fourice' (don't worry you won't find that in the dictionary)"

Forgive the typos, if any, I could barely move my hands while typing this.

Yea, sure I know he/she has to take some pre-med courses or start over again as science but not medicine. So degree outside US serves no meaning then.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:50am On Dec 21, 2013
OjaP: Chief Imperiouxx,

How are you doing? It's been 3 days oo. Hope everything is going well with you? Just checking.

Yea, thanks. I'm trying to survive and positive about the next step.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 4:21am On Dec 21, 2013

Bro this is a long story, mind you, there is no time for u to explain all this. Just summarise it to one or two sentences. I got my visa with that school. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 4:26am On Dec 21, 2013
[quote author=Destinygrl ]Pls is it possible to read medicine in usa wth bsc in electronics tnks [/quote

Yea its possible, remember that medicine in US is not for the "LILLY LIVERED". It requires a lot of Finance, determination, and luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 4:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Pablo Escobar

Your moniker reminds me of the strong man who goes by that name. Though dead, his name still scares me....lol. Is he your mentor/hero?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 6:36am On Dec 21, 2013
rhylord:

I have an uncle in the US and i stated it there in my DS-160, and also provided them a Affidavit of Support from him stating he is providing my accommodation and boarding for the entire duration of my studies in the US, I also presented it to the VO and she saw it. If she had any reasons for me not eleigible under Section 214 then i should have been told there during the interview. And also before a visa revoked according to the law

Because of the bolded, Please don't go back to the embassy with that same I-20, because you have weaken your tie back home and its already in their system.

My opinion/ advice:
Apply to a school far from the state your uncle stays, and use its I-20 and claim you would be staying in the school hostel, then when you get to the US, transfer to your previous school. Because I bet you, you will stand a lot to gain staying with your uncle!

Because of consistensy, you can not lie about having an uncle in the US because you have given them that record and its already saved in their system.

I guess the VO that interviewed you is a recruit and should be facing questioning now. When I saw your home tie ish, I suspected it had something to do with you having a relative in the US and what you have filled in your DS-160

Best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello everyone...
pls what cogent reasons can be given for change of course.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 7:10am On Dec 21, 2013
oyetpel: Hi pple, my emergency appointment has just been approved. will i av to cancel and reschedule another appointment?

Yes you will have to!
Did you send a copy of your I-20 and SEVIS receipt, or just your I-20 alone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2013

that's rather long

Abridge your textbook!grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2013
Prof Enny: Hello house, I gat questions.

Murray state university, Kentucky is really good!

I'm applying there!...we need to talk!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Destinygrl :
I'd say "unlikely"

But why would you want to do that, anyway?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2013
OjaP: Pablo Escobar

Your moniker reminds me of the strong man who goes by that name. Though dead, his name still scares me....lol. Is he your mentor/hero?
I had to laugh at this! Lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lolusmith: 10:20am On Dec 21, 2013
Plssssss house if one wanna go 4 a visa interview,does d year he finish 4 secondary sch count,like avin a 2004 waec result n gettin admisssion 4 b.sc in 2014 jan.....tanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2013
lolusmith: Plssssss house if one wanna go 4 a visa interview,does d year he finish 4 secondary sch count,like avin a 2004 waec result n gettin admisssion 4 b.sc in 2014 jan.....tanks in advance

You'd have to explain what you've been doing since 2004.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lolusmith: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2013
lolusmith: Plssssss house if one wanna go 4 a visa interview,does d year he finish 4 secondary sch count,like avin a 2004 waec result n gettin admisssion 4 b.sc in 2014 jan.....tanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2013
you will have to explain what you've been doing during that academic hiatus

2005-2012 that's a big gap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, sure I know he/she has to take some pre-med courses or start over again as science but not medicine. So degree outside US serves no meaning then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
idalex: Hello everyone...
pls what cogent reasons can be given for change of course.
thanks

No one knows this better than you do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Please, guys

Is there any other way to pay offline(paper) admission application fees besides money orders?

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.