Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454215 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by crownlast: 9:52am On Dec 20, 2013
Thanks Ricky Rozay and everybody, we have finally gotten in contact with him, he was sick, all these while, however, he is now receiving treatment in Texas with one of our family friends.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2013
JFK12: @house,pls how do i go about getting emergency appointment ? I was denied on Monday,my school resume on 8th Jan but the last day to enter the school is 21th of jan as it is stated on my i-20.The earliest date the appointment site is 13th which kind of too late for me. pls someone should explain how to go about the emergency thing.thanks

Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp

Where did u get 13th lag or Abj?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

I hope you attached your admission letter stating your resumption date. ED shouldn't be this hard. Mine was granted the second day I applied during my time.

I only attached my i-20, didn't attach my SEVIS receipt nor Admission letter. I guess that's where I messed up! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2013
iamchux:

I only attached my i-20, didn't attach my SEVIS receipt nor Admission letter. I guess that's where I messed up! grin

Don't think that was the problem after all. It was stated that to use ED you must not have been denied visa in the last 6 months. Guess you have been denied visa before within that period. Read more about ED here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 10:37am On Dec 20, 2013
Chemical2:

Don't think that was the problem after all. It was stated that to use ED you must not have been denied visa in the last 6 months. Guess you have been denied visa before within that period. Read more about ED here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp

Nope! Never been to the embassy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Please gurus in the house. I just got an email from my school that i have been admitted for spring 2014. I will soon email them for more info about my I-20. Please house. Since time is not really by my side. What can I do to hasten up the whole process? Please advice me.

Secondly, I already paid visa fees for a B1/B2 visa some 3 weeks ago planning to attend a friends wedding anniversary. But I haven't scheduled an appointment with the payment. Please can I just use the visa fees I paid for the B1/B2 to apply for the F1?
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

Okay thanks for the candid advice, no one knows how it feels unless it happens to you. I will defer the admission and wait til April but also lay a complaint. I feel like God gave me something and took it back away from me.
Bro, i can feel your pains cause i was once in similar situation, that was in 2006 when i won an appeal for UK Visa, i was on my way to Ikeja that fateful Friday morning when i got a call that i should come to the UK Embassy with my passport on the following Monday to pick-up my UK Visa. On getting there, i was handed a paper to pick-up my Visa on Wednesday. Got there on Wednesday, they collected back the first paper and handed me another to come on Friday, was there on Friday and was asked again to come on Monday, getting there on Monday, i got the BOMB-Shell ever of my life, that they were sorry, they could not issue me the Visa. My Bro, don't blame God for anything, just have faith and keep trusting in Him cos he knows best, do what you are advised to do by the house and differ your admission ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by borie4u(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2013
@Imperious
I sent u an invite. would be glad to communicate with u as regards my PHD degree aspiration and how u can help me on my way to getting a scholarship full paid. Pls how can i contact u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 20, 2013
Chemical2:

To resume jan 6. Seen no dec date yet!

Keep refreshing! Date shoulp pop, but if it doesn't, you'll have to defer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 20, 2013
crownlast: Thanks Ricky Rozay and everybody, we have finally gotten in contact with him, he was sick, all these while, however, he is now receiving treatment in Texas with one of our family friends.

Thanks

Ok bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
iamchux:

Do you have any immediate relative (who might have filled for you) in the US of which you stated "No" on the DS-160?

I have an uncle in the US and i stated it there in my DS-160, and also provided them a Affidavit of Support from him stating hes providing my accommodation and boarding for the entire duration of my studies in the US, I also presented it to the VO and she saw it. If she had any reasons for me not eleigible under Section 214 then i should have been told there during the interview. And also before a visa revoked according to the law

"Revocation Process

Before revoking the visa, the consular officer usually is obliged to invite the visa holder to the consulate for an interview, and give him a chance to show why the visa should not be revoked. When revoking the visa, the officer will write by hand the word Cancelled or Revoked; notify the person on what legal grounds the visa was revoked; make an entry into the visa system; and complete a Certificate of Revocation of Visa. If the visa holder cannot be found, the officer will notify airlines of the revocation. If the person is already en route to the United States, he will be detained and have his visa revoked at the port of entry."

Which i wasn't granted any. I was not even asked that question by the VO during the interview, because i have ties back home immediately i finish my program and i have no intentions or reason to break any immigration laws.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Please gurus in the house. I just got an email from my school that i have been admitted for spring 2014. I will soon email them for more info about my I-20. Please house. Since time is not really by my side. What can I do to hasten up the whole process? Please advice me.

Secondly, I already paid visa fees for a B1/B2 visa some 3 weeks ago planning to attend a friends wedding anniversary. But I haven't scheduled an appointment with the payment. Please can I just use the visa fees I paid for the B1/B2 to apply for the F1?
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
ojking273: Hi all....please I want to ask if anyone can refer me to any recognized IELTS agent in lagos and how much it costs. I look forward to your replies.... Many thanks.
Guy, don't go thru any agent if you want to write IELTS.....DIYS(Do It Yourself). Google IELTS office in Lagos, the test is being organized by British Council, their office is on Island. Through their website, you would see available date for test and centres.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Please house, who knows the earliest date for Abuja Embassy booking? because I have made several cancelling of appointment, don't want to get to my limited number of cancelation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
McKinzie: Please gurus in the house. I just got an email from my school that i have been admitted for spring 2014. I will soon email them for more info about my I-20. Please house. Since time is not really by my side. What can I do to hasten up the whole process? Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Bro, why not call the embassy and explain to them?

As you can see dates are very scarce now, it's unlikely you get one b4 ur school resumes.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

I have an uncle in the US and i stated it there in my DS-160, and also provided them a Affidavit of Support from him stating hes providing my accommodation and boarding for the entire duration of my studies in the US, I also presented it to the VO and she saw it. If she had any reasons for me not eleigible under Section 214 then i should have been told there during the interview. And also before a visa revoked according to the law

"Revocation Process

Before revoking the visa, the consular officer usually is obliged to invite the visa holder to the consulate for an interview, and give him a chance to show why the visa should not be revoked. When revoking the visa, the officer will write by hand the word Cancelled or Revoked; notify the person on what legal grounds the visa was revoked; make an entry into the visa system; and complete a Certificate of Revocation of Visa. If the visa holder cannot be found, the officer will notify airlines of the revocation. If the person is already en route to the United States, he will be detained and have his visa revoked at the port of entry."

Which i wasn't granted any. I was not even asked that question by the VO during the interview, because i have ties back home immediately i finish my program and i have no intentions or reason to break any immigration laws.

am sorry to hear about this and what your passing through now but i think there is something wrong concerning your uncle in the state.

Your uncle and your school must have been in the same location and the VO later discovered and flag u as intended immigrant.

Thats what i thought but God knows best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

Then what are we talking about here? You have an uncle in US who is providing your accommodation and everything (including his statement of account I guess). You showed no single tie to Nigeria.

That VO that pronounced visa approved was at fault, probably a new VO or mistaking your application to be a visiting visa. Presenting what you presented is the fastest means of getting bounced at the embassy as an F1 applicant.

You've stated the reason why your visa got cancelled. I know it really makes you feel miserable because of those that have heard of the initial news of visa approved.

Can you just hint us how the whole interview went?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hi pple, my emergency appointment has just been approved. will i av to cancel and reschedule another appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodeplot: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
@all please is Elubo(Cassava powder or yam flour) allowed at the airport in Nigeria and US?? Wanna carry some for someone..

Congrats to those that got their visa and to those denied, never give up,work on your flaws and be good..

Strange denial so far on this thread for that guy,it is well...just believe in God,all shall be well..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
oyetpel: Hi pple, my emergency appointment has just been approved. will i av to cancel and reschedule another appointment?

Yes, you can... You will still be able to see dates when they are released to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 2:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
sevule:

@ Tochium
I felt bad when you said you were denied the visa cos you are a regular here. Don't let it get to you as some of the Ogas of this forum were also denied visas at their initial attempts. I think you should change the school to another university and work on the question 'Why this particular school?' I don't think the VO would be convinced by the bolded response.
The reason you choose a school shouldn't be because it is racially diverse or cos they have a cordiaql relationship with their students cos most universities in the US relate well with their students. Emphasize the first bit of your answer which is the school's academic excellence and try and specifically relate it to the school's academic excellence in your chosen course. Please don't be tempted to give a generic answer, be as specific as possible.
Do not be discouraged bro and go get that visa!!

Thanks for ur advice, actually this is the 2nd denial i am getting, the first time was an I-20 from a comm. col. i then changed to UNI OF BRIDGEPORT.

Regarding the answer i gave about why i chose UB, I gave two reasons, because university of Bridgeport has a great record of academic excellence in Health science, also the staff-student relationship at the University of Bridgeport is very cordial especially for international students, that is why the school is ranked by US News and world report as the 11th most racially diverse national university in USA

All the same i appreciate ur advice and concern. God bless u!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
bodeplot: @all please is Elubo(Cassava powder or yam flour) allowed at the airport in Nigeria and US?? Wanna carry some for someone..

Congrats to those that got their visa and to those denied, never give up,work on your flaws and be good..

Strange denial so far on this thread for that guy,it is well...just believe in God,all shall be well..
Yes, all are allowed if its dried and odorless. Must be well wrapped and packaged in the main luggage not hand-luggage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ponlemi1: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
@imperiouxx. Goodafternoon bros ,I saw the good works you and the others are doing .GOD in his infinite mercy shall continue to streghten you and attend to your needs.Pls I which to communicate with you,pls how can I get in touch with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
@house,pls can i book appointment for 7th of jan,when my school resume om 8th but still give the chance to arrive at school latest 21th jan,pls i need urgent response before d date is full.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
lisadem: Congrats to Feregamo and filanid. have a pleasant stay in obamaland

@Tochium: Sorry about the delay. winners don't give up... Better luck next time.

OK. Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
crownlast: Thanks Ricky Rozay and everybody, we have finally gotten in contact with him, he was sick, all these while, however, he is now receiving treatment in Texas with one of our family friends.

Thanks

Okay, Thought as much. Good to know he is okay. I wish him a safe and quick recovery.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
JFK12: @house,pls can i book appointment for 7th of jan,when my school resume om 8th but still give the chance to arrive at school latest 21th jan,pls i need urgent response before d date is full.thanks

Of course! Just show the extension letter to the VO..

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
oyetpel: Hi pple, my emergency appointment has just been approved. will i av to cancel and reschedule another appointment?

How did you make the ED request and what items did you send? Is it Abj or Lag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
ponlemi1: @imperiouxx. Goodafternoon bros ,I saw the good works you and the others are doing .GOD in his infinite mercy shall continue to streghten you and attend to your needs.Pls I which to communicate with you,pls how can I get in touch with you.

Here is the fastest and email to my inbox (might be a little slow).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
borie4u: @Imperious
I sent u an invite. would be glad to communicate with u as regards my PHD degree aspiration and how u can help me on my way to getting a scholarship full paid. Pls how can i contact u

I will check now. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hello Mr imperiouxx and other Experienced gurus in the house? what do you think I should do next? Should I reapply for an ED again? Or should I defer my admission? Though if I should defer my admission I would also want to apply for fall admission in some other schools in other change my course. You know I graduated with Agric Economics and was offered admission in Safety Management. (No Assistantship). I am thinking of changing my course to Ms Agric econs or Agribusiness. Maybe I could have an admission with GA in falls. I want to know if changing my course would not affect me later in the embassy. Secondly, I want you to access the following schools for me if there any red flag among them.
West Virginia university, Auburn University, University of Tennessee and Purdue University.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
jaskinbo: Hello Mr imperiouxx and other Experienced gurus in the house? what do you think I should do next? Should I reapply for an ED again? Or should I defer my admission? Though if I should defer my admission I would also want to apply for fall admission in some other schools in other change my course. You know I graduated with Agric Economics and was offered admission in Safety Management. (No Assistantship). I am thinking of changing my course to Ms Agric econs or Agribusiness. Maybe I could have an admission with GA in falls. I want to know if changing my course would not affect me later in the embassy. Secondly, I want you to access the following schools for me if there any red flag among them.
West Virginia university, Auburn University, University of Tennessee and Purdue University.

For these reasons, God bless you for the wise choice you've made lately.

Purdue alone registered about 39,000 students for only one semester and it's a research based institution...... na very big school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.