Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453987 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 3:37am On Jul 03, 2014
Prof Eze:

My Profile: GRE; 170 Quant, 150 Verbal; TOEFL iBT; 109; Assistantship; RA (with ~$2,000 more than the required fund for a year).

I never knew God will honour me this way. Brethren, join me in praising Him. I pray that "for as many as those who have been destined to study in the US, nothing shall stop you in Jesus' name" (Amen). All contributors in this forum, I am grateful to you. Shalom

Act 2:21
“And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
(ESV)
@the bold, you called upon the Name of the Lord and he favored you...God never disappoints his people....

Besides, your scores were excellent, mine wasn't close to it at all...Lool

Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2014
House, I am very sorry I am posting my transcript late. I know how important it is to some people, as I also benefitted immensely from reading people's transcript. I joined this thread about 3 years ago and I have learned so much. I was for 6:30 appointment. We were about getting filed in when I could not find my pictures again. I left the line and those photographers were demanding 2k from me sensing my desperation. I ended up paying 1k, but I tried not to be apprehensive I needed my composure for the interview.
Once inside, I started observing things; visa issuing rate and the composure of interviewees.

VO: (holding my i20) so you are going to WIU?
ME: Absolutely(with a smile)
VO: How did you know about the school?
ME: I came across the school in late 2012 after I subscribed to the e-journals on the website of American Political Science Review. Subsequently, I carried out more research using: gradschool.com, collegeboard.org and usnews.com.
VO: You discovered the school in 2012, why are you just applying in 2014?
ME: I have been very busy with work, and I also had to prepare for standardized exams
VO: Oh! What exams did you write?
ME: GRE and Toefl
VO: pass me your score cards
(He looked at them for like 45 seconds and returned them)
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: August 2008
VO: (Counted down from 2008 to 2014 audibly) that is 6 years. Why are you just going for your masters and what have you been doing?
ME: I actually completed my NYSC in March 2010, so that makes it a little over 4 years. I have been teaching junior and senior secondary students civic education and government respectively at Bethel Group of Schools for almost 3 and a half years. Also, I worked with Cupid Haus Entertainment as the Business Dev. Manager for a few months after I left school in a volunteering capacity(he nodded his head), also, I worked briefly with Diamond Bank Plc, but I have found my niche in the teaching profession and I want to take it to the next level now.
VO: Ok. I noticed you were denied a UK visa in 2011, what happened?
ME: That is very true. I applied with my girlfriend and we were both denied(lamba... I applied alone). We were asked to appeal against the decision but we never did
VO: Why not?
ME: My girl lost her dad at the time, and I needed to be by her side(yet another lamba)
VO: Thats good (nodded his head). Are you single or married?
ME: (as a sharp Nairaland guy) No, but I got engaged on May 5th.
VO: good. What other school did you apply to?
ME: University of Oregon and University of Oklahoma.
VO: good. So, is this your coming with you on this trip?
ME: no, she's very busy with work
VO: So, who's sponsoring you?
ME: My uncle
VO: Has he ever done something like this for you before?
ME: Absolutely! He has been responsible for my education since my mom died, and he has been very supportive of my dreams and aspirations. In fact, I have been living with him since 1993( Final lamba)
VO: do you have his bank statement?
Me: Sure( passed it to him)
VO: (looked at the opening balance of 1.7 million, flipped a few pages to the closing balance of 4.8 million, the returned it to me) Congratulation! You can...... I know even hear the rest.
N.B
People posting transcripts should help others by being explicit, and desist from using bleeps and xyz school and stuffs like that. (My personal opinion though)

God, prayer, due diligence/research (this gives you confidence) and be optimistic.
Allah will grant the requests of those planning on going to the embassy on here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 6:17am On Jul 03, 2014
I apologize for the errors. Typing on phone get as he be...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 7:16am On Jul 03, 2014
not still connecting
Graviton v.2.0.:

I'm all set and ready to rumble!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2014
Ashigolo: I thank the Almighty God who made everything possible for me. I thank every member of this thread who have been there for me right from the early stage of the application process.

I slept in a friend's room (@doctoroma) at henry carr hostel, unilag postgraduate school, woke up at 3:15 and join a cab at unilag gate at exactly 4:25. I got to the embassy too early (4:45) and had to wait at the gate b4 it was finally opened at 5:15. At 6:00am, we were checked in, documents were checked and we finally landed in the consulate building where I got the number A003. My number flashed at counter 14, did the biometrics, primary documents were collected and I was asked to wait for my number to flash again. We waited for like 15 minutes b4 the VOs came around and the main interview started. Several applicants were interviewd b4 me, some accepted and some denied, I was so nervous but I kept my cool. Finally my number (A003) flashed at window 6 and I moved straight to the VO, a male in his early or late 40s I think. The interview lasted for like 1mins, this is how it went down

Me: Good morning sir, hw was your night
VO: fine thank you, how are you today
VO: you are Ashimi ...
me: yes sir
vo: I can see you are going for a master's degree in mathematics
vo: do you write SAT (i quickly corrected him that its gre)
vo: can i see your score card
me: i quickly gave him, he checked and returned
vo: what is your last degree and from which sch
me: mathematics from lagos state university (LASU)
vo: can i see your certificate
me: I gave it to him, he checked for some seconds and confirmd
the authenticity
vo: I can see you have an assitanship, in what form
me: its a teaching assistanship sir
vo: what will you do with your MS degree
me: I will come back to Nigeria to become a researcher and a college professor in computational mathematics.
vo: so who will pay for the rest
me: my dad
vo: what does he so
me: he is an aviation consultant for airlines and nigeria airforce
vo: your visa has been approved, pick it up at dhl V.I

it was simply God's favour, only gre and my BSc certificate were checked. No questions like why are u goin 2 US, hw many schs did u apply to, he didnt even ask me the name of the sch. I only made sure i maintaind eye contact with the VO all through th process I spoke confidently. All the same, it was God.

Thank you so much once again and to those that are yet to go for their interview, I wish u all success.

Sorry about the errors, I'm stucked in trafic along badagry express road, so I used my phone to type.
Cheers!

CONGRATS BRO, FINALLY!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2014
@Feexo, congratulations bro, welcome on board
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 7:31am On Jul 03, 2014
xteemd01:
Obviously, every1 seems to be ignoring the fact that your wife is still a nursing mother. How do you combine taking care of an infant baby with educatn?? That's gonna be super-herculean.I would personally recommend you stayed away frm d embassy fr d time being......Plus I dnt rly knw ur wife's profile but I think her chances will be upped if her reasons for d M.SC degree is career-oriented and d VO will definitely be more convinced if the company she works for is d 1 sponsoring her and she has an assured higher position than she currently occupies to assume upon d completion of her degree abroad. And she can say her family ll always come visiting once she has found her foothold abroad....

Note: d 7 month baby needs to grow up to like age 3 or 5 since she has been involved in d framework and her existence cnt be withheld.

Are you sure you're advising someone to wait 3-5 years before re-applying?...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2014
Exxy, thank you my broda!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: House, I am
very sorry I am posting my transcript late. I know how important it is
to some people, as I also benefitted immensely from reading people's
transcript. I joined this thread about 3 years ago and I have learned so
much. I was for 6:30 appointment. We were about getting filed in when I
could not find my pictures again. I left the line and those
photographers were demanding 2k from me sensing my desperation. I ended
up paying 1k, but I tried not to be apprehensive I needed my composure
for the interview.
Once inside, I started observing things; visa issuing rate and the
composure of interviewees.

ME: I came across the school in late 2012 after I subscribed to the
e-journals on the website of American Political Science Review.
Subsequently, I carried out more research using: gradschool.com,
collegeboard.org and usnews.com.
VO: You discovered the school in 2012, why are you just applying in
2014?
ME: I have been very busy with work, and I also had to prepare for
standardized exams
VO: (Counted down from 2008 to 2014 audibly) that is 6 years. Why are
you just going for your masters and what have you been doing?
ME: I actually completed my NYSC in March 2010, so that makes it a
little over 4 years. I have been teaching junior and senior secondary
students civic education and government respectively at Bethel Group of
Schools for almost 3 and a half years. Also, I worked with Cupid Haus
Entertainment as the Business Dev. Manager for a few months after I left
school in a volunteering capacity(he nodded his head), also, I worked
briefly with Diamond Bank Plc, but I have found my niche in the teaching
profession and I want to take it to the next level now.
ME: That is very true. I applied with my girlfriend and we were both
denied(lamba... I applied alone). We were asked to appeal against the
decision but we never did
ME: My girl lost her dad at the time, and I needed to be by her side(yet
another lamba)
ME: Absolutely! He has been responsible for my education since my mom
died, and he has been very supportive of my dreams and aspirations. In
fact, I have been living with him since 1993( Final lamba)
VO: (looked at the opening balance of 1.7 million, flipped a few pages
to the closing balance of 4.8 million, the returned it to me)
Congratulation! You can...... I know even hear the rest.
N.B
People posting transcripts should help others by being explicit, and
desist from using bleeps and xyz school and stuffs like that. (My
personal opinion though)

God, prayer, due diligence/research (this gives you confidence) and be
optimistic.
Allah will grant the requests of those planning on going to the embassy
on here.
Congrats, wishin you a successful staying in Obamaland

btw......All these ur "LAMBA" gt me laughin here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chatters(f): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2014
McKinzie:

I tire o! Na wah... Please ask him if he can take his own advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: House, I am very sorry I am posting my transcript late. I know how important it is to some people, as I also benefitted immensely from reading people's transcript. I joined this thread about 3 years ago and I have learned so much. I was for 6:30 appointment. We were about getting filed in when I could not find my pictures again.
God, prayer, due diligence/research (this gives you confidence) and be optimistic.
Allah will grant the requests of those planning on going to the embassy on here.

Congratulations Bro.

Hope you think about all your lambas very well because it's noted and I pray to God that embassy won't use it to lamba you in future. smiley

Welcome on board baami.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2014
McKinzie:

Do you have contrary opinion? He is very correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2014
@Prof Eze, Unamdi and Ashigolo.....Testimonies upon Testimonies on this Forum........Congrats on your approvals...God has really done it for you all........Enjoy!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2014
I hope this is nt coming too late...

Happy new month to you all, May this New MONTH brngs greater Joy and testimonies for evrybody on this Forum....

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton, Zeezahbee and others. I need y'all to put me through with ticket. I mean cheap ones...lol I am a serious learner in that regard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Bimbola85, I did not plan it that way but I give all the glory to God. I remember every word we exchanged.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by joedrae(m): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Prof Eze: Hello House,

I am very sorry for just posting how my interview went. I give all glory to God for its success. I also thank these people who are already studying in the States: Wale in Florida and Moni in Kansas.

My Profile: GRE; 170 Quant, 150 Verbal; TOEFL iBT; 109; Assistantship; RA (with ~$2,000 more than the required fund for a year).

Congratulations bro! I actually want to know how you aced the GRE. The verbal is the one bothering me. I've been using the Barron for prep but still hoping to prepare for additional two months before writing. Thanks.

P.S: I sent a PM to you but you are yet to reply..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: Bimbola85, I did not plan it that way but I give all the glory to God. I remember every word we exchanged.
those words were not documented except your ds160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2014
Bimbola, I was very prepared and did my homework well with 100% original documents, but a female VO denying people almost got me scared. Generally, I answered the questions reasonably well as I have been preparing for a long time. Can you help out with ticket information?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: Bimbola85, I did not plan it that way but I give all the glory to God. I remember every word we exchanged.

Oh I understand better now bro. Enjoy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Slimmy, thanks for the clarification bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: Bimbola, I was very prepared and did my homework well with 100% original documents, but a female VO denying people almost got me scared. Generally, I answered the questions reasonably well as I have been preparing for a long time. Can you help out with ticket information?

For ticket matters, which state do you wana land and when exactly?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyero1: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: Bimbola, I was very prepared and did my homework well with 100% original documents, but a female VO denying people almost got me scared. Generally, I answered the questions reasonably well as I have been preparing for a long time. /Can you help out with ticket information?/b
www.qatarairways.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: those words were not documented except your ds160

Bro,I beg to differ on that. I'm very sure that most of what I told the VO was typed on her computer.

Also while sitting down before my number was flashed, I noticed this also.

Not that everything you say but the cogent ones.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 9:10am On Jul 03, 2014
Oyero1, thanks bro
Juntod, Illinois for August 12th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: Bimbola, I was very prepared and did my homework well with 100% original documents, but a female VO denying people almost got me scared. Generally, I answered the questions reasonably well as I have been preparing for a long time. Can you help out with ticket information?

You got scared by a woman tongue.

Try check emirates also

www.emirates.com/ng
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2014
bimbola85:

Bro,I beg to differ on that. I'm very sure that most of what I told the VO was typed on her computer.

Also while sitting down before my number was flashed, I noticed this also.

Not that everything you say but the cogent ones.
did you see what he was typing? There are some cases where they don't even type up to 1minuite. They pick the main words as regards your school, course, state and other details and not those aside conversation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: House, I am very sorry I am posting my transcript late. I know how important it is to some people, as I also benefitted immensely from reading people's transcript. I joined this thread about 3 years ago and I have learned so much. I was for 6:30 appointment. We were about getting filed in when I could not find my pictures again. I left the line and those photographers were demanding 2k from me sensing my desperation. I ended up paying 1k, but I tried not to be apprehensive I needed my composure for the interview.
Once inside, I started observing things; visa issuing rate and the composure of interviewees.

ME: I came across the school in late 2012 after I subscribed to the e-journals on the website of American Political Science Review. Subsequently, I carried out more research using: gradschool.com, collegeboard.org and usnews.com.
VO: You discovered the school in 2012, why are you just applying in 2014?
ME: I have been very busy with work, and I also had to prepare for standardized exams
VO: (Counted down from 2008 to 2014 audibly) that is 6 years. Why are you just going for your masters and what have you been doing?
ME: I actually completed my NYSC in March 2010, so that makes it a little over 4 years. I have been teaching junior and senior secondary students civic education and government respectively at Bethel Group of Schools for almost 3 and a half years. Also, I worked with Cupid Haus Entertainment as the Business Dev. Manager for a few months after I left school in a volunteering capacity(he nodded his head), also, I worked briefly with Diamond Bank Plc, but I have found my niche in the teaching profession and I want to take it to the next level now.
ME: That is very true. I applied with my girlfriend and we were both denied(lamba... I applied alone). We were asked to appeal against the decision but we never did
ME: My girl lost her dad at the time, and I needed to be by her side(yet another lamba)
ME: Absolutely! He has been responsible for my education since my mom died, and he has been very supportive of my dreams and aspirations. In fact, I have been living with him since 1993( Final lamba)
VO: (looked at the opening balance of 1.7 million, flipped a few pages to the closing balance of 4.8 million, the returned it to me) Congratulation! You can...... I know even hear the rest.
N.B
People posting transcripts should help others by being explicit, and desist from using bleeps and xyz school and stuffs like that. (My personal opinion though)

Congrats! Your lamba dey move mountain sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2014
Feexo: Exxy, thank you my broda!
Congratss, Mr. Lamba. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: those words were not documented except your ds160
I beg to differ oo. They type while you're talking, so what do you think that means? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chatters(f): 9:39am On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: Do you have contrary opinion? He is very correct.

No, he is not!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: did you see what he was typing? There are some cases where they don't even type up to 1minuite. They pick the main words as regards your school, course, state and other details and not those aside conversation.

Most times they only listen to that and when it comes to home ties,you see them type after every answer you give.

Amefrica: I beg to differ oo. They type while you're talking, so what do you think that means? cheesy

Na so omo school mi. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.