Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455257 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fadekemi001: Hi everyone, why is everyone so calm here pls let someone throw up lite into d house. It remains just a day between my interview day, am going gaga and little Bit nervous. With all d researches have Done so far, it keeps looking like have done nothing and am yet to prepare. Please can someone save me from the grip of visa interview phobia embarassed

Download and listen to any one of Michael Smith songs. Just relax, anxiety won't do anything for you. Also quit telling people your interview date, that way you'll be psychologically at ease.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello guys !!! Pls wats the official site for gmat. I didnt see it under ets.org...... thanks as I await ur response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
Please guys, my friend went for her interview today and she told me in her words "Buh dey gave me a paper too buh they ticked dat I should come on any Wednesday at 1:30 with my documents"
What does this mean? (she was interviewed oh) but she said the VO said she couldn't confirm her sevis payment, so she was asked to come tomorrow.
Will she still be interviewed again morrow or what?

Thanks. And to all those who got their Visas approved, congrats and a safe trip *kisses*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by govman4: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
u9052: Transcripts..

Me : Good morning

VO: Good morning, I see you're going to the USA for a masters programme at SIUE

Me: Yes ma

VO: so why SIUE?

Me: Well basically because after extensive research and search on the Internet I discovered that SIUE stands out in her Geographical studies especially the Geographical Information System programme which I intend to specialize on so as to acquire skills that will help me in trying to solve some of Nigeria's environmental challenges especially in the Niger-Delta where I'm from.

VO: Ok (starts typing on the internet)

VO: what course did you study as your first degree?

ME: Geography and Regional Planning

VO: what university?

ME: University of Benin

VO: where?

ME: here in Nigeria, Benin city, Edo state

VO: do you have your academic results here?

Me: yea sure (hands over transcripts to her)

VO: I see from your I-20 you got a Graduate Assistantship position

ME: yes I did

VO: did you write any specialized test?

Me: yes I wrote Test Of English Language as a Foreign Language

Vo: how much does your GA cover?

ME: it's a full tuition waver, covers my tuition fees

VO: what does your parents do?

ME: my parents are civil servants, but they aren't sponsoring my trip to the US. My uncle is: he works at National Content Management and Development Board which is a subsidiary of NNPC

VO: ok, you can get on visa on Thursday at this address and there's this orientation coming up soon, make sure you attend, information is contained on this handbill and you will need your I-20 to get your visa, so here you go

ME: ok, thank you. Have a nice day
Congrat bro,plz i wil lyk 2 av ur email inorder 2 ask u some questns abt SIUE,i am avin a little prob wit dia chem dept n al d email dy provide on dia site was not functioning includin d graduate sch email,which was just bouncin back.i wl lyk u 2 help me wit d graduate schl email dt u use 2 contact dem or ur own email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
idee91: Hello guys !!! Pls wats the official site for gmat. I didnt see it under ets.org...... thanks as I await ur response

undecided GMAT is not issued by ETS, GRE is. Do well to search Google for the site. It isn't that hard to find for God sake.

Spoonfeeding is highly frowned at on here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
Amerinancy: Please guys, my friend went for her interview today and she told me in her words "Buh dey gave me a paper too buh they ticked dat I should come on any Wednesday at 1:30 with my documents"
What does this mean? (she was interviewed oh) but she said the VO said she couldn't confirm her sevis payment, so she was asked to come tomorrow.
Will she still be interviewed again morrow or what?

Thanks. And to all those who got their Visas approved, congrats and a safe trip *kisses*
she would not be interviewed if the issue is with her sevis fee. But if its about other documents which they want to confirm then they might ask her little questions. smiley She got it already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
godG:

Truth is that you went prepared. Even a pilot wouldn't have answered it better. I love the way you chipped in those registers. Congrats. Best wishes.

Thanks bro...Na God ooo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Fadekemi001(f): 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
Thanks a lot graviton2 am so gr8ful. I will try to do that. Pls can you kindly send all the document I need to take to the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
idee91: Hello guys !!! Pls wats the official site for gmat. I didnt see it under ets.org...... thanks as I await ur response

Your answer is just one Google search away. I will spoon feed you now because I am jobless at the moment. GMAT is not handled by ETS. Its handled by MBA. http://www.mba.com/africa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fadekemi001: Hello house

Am new here but have always been online going through everyone's Chat and contribution and I saw that it has been so helpful to many me inclusive. I need your help house my visa interview is this week thursday and am confused about two issue and one is: I am an undergraduate here in nigeria in my 2nd year but first semester as a chemistry student and I only have my first semester 100 level result with me and that was what I used to apply for admission to the international school and thank God I was admitted with 1/3 scholarship award of the full fees for my staying. The issue with me now is am thinking of a question like why don't you go on with Your studies here in nigeria? From the VO. And my second issue is I don't want the vo to be aware of the level I am now in my present university and I wrote waec 2010 but am just 19 years old (I.e dec 2014)and I gain admission into a uni here in nija 2012. House seriously am so confused and inexperienced, please help me out with your advise and suggestions, that will be highly appreciated by me thanks.

Simply tell the VO about the difference in the quality of edu in Nig and USA. You only started the program here cos you were still too young at the time you finished high school. Your parents wanted you to be a bit more matured before you travel out for the final years of your program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
juntod:

Your answer is just one Google search away. I will spoon feed you now because I am jobless at the moment. GMAT is not handled by ETS. Its handled by MBA. http://www.mba.com/africa
abeg spoon feed me o.... there are a lot of scammers around. Av seen d site yesterday just wanted to be sure... am a learner u know.... thanks anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
House, how long does it take to get sevis fee receipt after payment confirmation? Used my Lagos address (apapa). I paid on the 27th of July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: House, how long does it take to get sevis fee receipt after payment confirmation? Used my Lagos address (apapa). I paid on the 27th of July

3-5 days max

I think you mean 27th of June. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
McKinzie:

Congrats bro..
But a 360 would get you back to your former position of facing the VO.... is that really how you zoomed out?.. Buhahahahaha

Thank You McKinzie
Lmao...I swear I wasn't sure of the way out...I jus knew I had to find my way out.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello house.
Below is the transcript of my previous interview, I have gone back to correct my mistake and now ready to go to the embassy again,
please help analyse my sample answers as I prepare.
Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

PREVIOUS TRANCRIPT @ LAGOS EMBASSY ON 18TH DECEMBER 2013
Me; Good Morning Sir,
VO: why are you going to America?
Me: am going for my Undergraduate studies at UCO
VO: which school?
Me: University of central Oklahoma
VO: What course?
Me: Computer Science
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 namely UCO, U.O and NJCU
VO: why UCO?
Me: Aside from the school’s great academic rankings, the school was ranked as the 14th best university from international student, the city Edmond where the school is located was ranked as the 7th safest city by the FBI, the school has small class size, sizing 20-25 students thereby making the environment condusive for learning and communication between professors and students
VO: what will you do after studies?
Me: *stammered a bit* I will return back to Nigeria
Vo: who is paying for your studies?
Me: Bleep Company, the company where I currently work in Nigeria
Vo: why are they sponsoring you?
Me: I won the 2013 University scholarship.
VO: How long have you been working there?
Me; A year and half
VO: *looks at his system* what is the name of the company?
Me: Bleep Limited
Vo: *looking at his system* why are they sponsoring you?
Me: scholarship award
Vo: *looks at my i-20* why does your i-20 state family funds?
Me: *stammered a bit* my uncle bla blab la.
Vo: *Types for a bit* am sorry, hands me blue paper
Me; Thank you sir. And left.

I have gone back to correct the mistake on i-20 (it now reads the name of the company as my sponsor as against family funds)
SAMPLE ANSWERS FOR UPCOMING VISA INTERVIEW
Me: good morning Sir/Ma
Vo: why are you going to America?
Me: for my undergraduate studies at UCO
VO: I see you were here in December and was refused; why do you still choose to do you Bsc in US out of all other schools in the world?
Me: U.S has the best education system in the world comnpared to Nigerian universities where strike, poor learning environment and lack of professional lectures afftect education system
Vo: how many school did you apply to?
Me: 3 (UCO, UO, NJCU)
Vo: Why did you pick this school:
Me; after extensive research on USnews.com, I found out that UCO is the best public regional university, the school was also ranked as the 14th best university for international student. The city “Edmond” where the school is located was ranked as the 7th safest city in the whole of America. The school has small class size; sizing 20-25 students in a classroom, which will in-turn give me quick and easy access to my professors during lectures. UCO is also relatively affordable compared to other universities I came across in the states.
VO: What do you know about Oklahoma?
Me: Oklahoma is also known as the sooner state, currently governed by Governor Mary Fallin, Oklahoma is located on the south central part on the US Map, the state is surrounded by Kansas and Colorado from the North,. Texas from the south, New Mexico from the west and Missouri from the east. Oklahoma is the 20th largest state and 28th Most populous state.
Vo: what course?
Me: Computer science.
VO: Why Computer science?
Me: I have always had passion for computer since I was in primary school, I also realized that Nigeria and the world at large is growing in the computer age thereby increasing the need for computer experts.
Vo: when did you finish high school?
Me: July 2010
Vo: What have you been doing since.
Me; I lost my dad just when I was about graduating so we had to travel to the village for his burial arrangement; came back to Lagos in January 2011 and went for a 1year diploma in computer training before I stated working as a computer operator at Bleep limited in 2012 till date
VO: who is sponsoring your education?
Me: Bleep Limited (the company where I am presently working)
Vo: why are they sponsoring?
Me: I won the 2013 university scholarship and my dad also worked for this company before he died in a car accident in 2010 (Lamba lol)
Vo: How long have you been there
Me: 2 years now
Vo: what do they stand to gain in sponsoring you?
Me: in a few years from now, the company is going to partner with a software company thereby increasing the need for computer experts especially software designers. I will be specializing in software design and installation at UCO; I intend to use my expertise to assist the company in that area.
Vo: what will you do after studies?
Me; I will come back to Nigeria for my compulsory NYSC program before going back to work for Bleep limited as they have shown readiness to employ me after studies.
Vo: VISA Approved…
Please do well to correct or contribute.
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Graviton2:

3-5 days max

I think you mean 27th of June. wink
I mean June grin. You men the hard copy posted to my address? Not online print out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: I mean June grin. You men the hard copy posted to my address? Not online print out.

I didn't know you were supposed to get a hard copy. Na online print I take dey flex.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
unnamdi79: send me a pm sir,also got an I-20 for wvu @ parkersburg
really! Have you got ya visa ? When you resuming ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: House, how long does it take to get sevis fee receipt after payment confirmation? Used my Lagos address (apapa). I paid on the 27th of July.

From my understanding, they stopped sending that as the confirmation you Print online is now regarded as official....read that on their site sometime ago!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shakol91(m): 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
shakol91: Please house,what are the available "M.sc" courses available for Bachelor in Accounting "Education". It's giving me headache base on using degree in "education" to apply for "M.sc". Pls I need better explanation from mates and senior colleagues here. They can as well list the available courses or share links.
Junto,slimmy05,Graviton,Amerifa,joenice,stewee and the rest please explain this now. Mind the words in quote. You can as well explain from your area of study not necessarily with Accounting Education,but just want to know maybe Certificate In Education goes with M.sc outside Nigeria or undergraduate Degree in Education only goes with Masters in Education outside Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
jaadx:
really! Have you got ya visa ? When you resuming ?
Slimmy, Just go with online print out. Hard copy is not necessary. They do not send it now. So it's absolutely unnecessary
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
Congrats To All of You Guys that got a visa recently.

Is anyone going to Florida?

What are those things one need to shop for here before I travel? I like to travel light though.

Where to get flight ticket to Florida?

Abeg guru's help out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
Joenice: Slimmy, Just go with online print out. Hard copy is not necessary. They do not send it now. So it's absolutely unnecessary
lol, I am very much aware of that. I would be travelling soon, so I want my brother to receive it for me, thats why I used his address. Its even boldly written on the sevis receipt that you can use it at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
shakol91: Junto,slimmy05,Graviton,Amerifa,joenice,stewee and the rest please explain this now. Mind the words in quote. You can as well explain from your area of study not necessarily with Accounting Education,but just want to know maybe Certificate In Education goes with M.sc outside Nigeria or undergraduate Degree in Education only goes with Masters in Education outside Nigeria
You can apply for MSc is Accounting or business relates course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide14: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
domex007: Hello house.
Below is the transcript of my previous interview, I have gone back to correct my mistake and now ready to go to the embassy again,

Me; Good Morning Sir,
Me: Aside from the school’s great academic rankings, the school was ranked as the 14th best university from international student, the city Edmond where the school is located was ranked as the 7th safest city by the FBI, the school has small class size, sizing 20-25 students thereby making the environment condusive for learning and communication between professors and students
Me; A year and half

I have gone back to correct the mistake on i-20 (it now reads the name of the company as my sponsor as against family funds)
VO: I see you were here in December and was refused; why do you still choose to do you Bsc in US out of all other schools in the world?
Me: U.S has the best education system in the world comnpared to Nigerian universities where strike, poor learning environment and lack of professional lectures afftect education system
Me; after extensive research on USnews.com, I found out that UCO is the best public regional university, the school was also ranked as the 14th best university for international student. The city “Edmond” where the school is located was ranked as the 7th safest city in the whole of America. The school has small class size; sizing 20-25 students in a classroom, which will in-turn give me quick and easy access to my professors during lectures. UCO is also relatively affordable compared to other universities I came across in the states.
Me: Oklahoma is also known as the sooner state, currently governed by Governor Mary Fallin, Oklahoma is located on the south central part on the US Map, the state is surrounded by Kansas and Colorado from the North,. Texas from the south, New Mexico from the west and Missouri from the east. Oklahoma is the 20th largest state and 28th Most populous state.
Me: I have always had passion for computer since I was in primary school, I also realized that Nigeria and the world at large is growing in the computer age thereby increasing the need for computer experts.
Me; I lost my dad just when I was about graduating so we had to travel to the village for his burial arrangement; came back to Lagos in January 2011 and went for a 1year diploma in computer training before I stated working as a computer operator at Bleep limited in 2012 till date
Me: I won the 2013 university scholarship and my dad also worked for this company before he died in a car accident in 2010 (Lamba lol)
Me: in a few years from now, the company is going to partner with a software company thereby increasing the need for computer experts especially software designers. I will be specializing in software design and installation at UCO; I intend to use my expertise to assist the company in that area.
Me; I will come back to Nigeria for my compulsory NYSC program before going back to work for Bleep limited as they have shown readiness to employ me after studies.
Thanks and God bless

Mehn...at this rate you'll soon be employed as a VO. You're ready for this interview sir, I should add though, be prepared to give shorter answers. Mind you, I'm not saying your answers are long, but VOs often cut you short while you're speaking to chip in the next question. All you have to do now is relax and hand it over to God. Expecting good news from you very soon sir (Amen).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shakol91(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: You can apply for MSc is Accounting or business relates course.
Thanks. I don't like teaching so I don't want to continue with Masters in Education,that's why I need to change to M.sc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Domex, your blood dey hot oh! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by millionaire64: 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hi evry1 am new on this platform,pls I need schools in the US that are willing to accept student for masters with a CGPA of 2.45....thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
domex007: Hello house.

Me; Good Morning Sir,
Me; A year and half

Thanks and God bless
Firstly, your interview was okay but the VO denied based on inconsistency in your application, documents and response. The same with your second interview, I already highlighted all. What will you do after your studies? Saying firstly, you will come back home, is false impression, the VOs will not believe you, even if you surely plan to return home. I will tell you how to respond to this kind of question later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide14: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
Stewee:
Congrats To All of You Guys that got a visa recently.

Is anyone going to Florida?

What are those things one need to shop for here before I travel? I like to travel light though.

Where to get flight ticket to Florida?

Abeg guru's help out.

Well, you'll need to go with sufficient clothes that you can wear for a couple of weeks. If you've got money though, 3/4 change of clothes should suffice since you'll be hitting the stores at the earliest opportunity. It works somehow like this, the richer you are, the lighter you travel. Find out what the weather forecast is for Florida, at least for the first week you'll be there and pack suitable clothing.

Imma give this next point a line of its own. DO NOT forget any document you think you might need, this might end up putting you in a state of mind you don't want to be in.

For flights, I use wakanow. This is the link right here: http://www.wakanow.com/ng/

Have a safe trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: lol, I am very much aware of that. I would be travelling soon, so I want my brother to receive it for me, thats why I used his address. Its even boldly written on the sevis receipt that you can use it at the embassy.
Ok man wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
shakol91: Thanks. I don't like teaching so I don't want to continue with Masters in Education,that's why I need to change to M.sc
If teaching is what will give you the visa, why not? Why don't go for it? Get there first and other things would follow cheesy

Note that, it's more convincing telling the VO, you will teach when you return to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.