Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455253 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: she would not be interviewed if the issue is with her sevis fee. But if its about other documents which they want to confirm then they might ask her little questions. smiley She got it already
thanks darling *winks*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Godmade: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hallelujah, got my interview date. The 30th of July 10:15am in Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
juntod:

Simply explain your academic path or any other reason for being unemployed. E.g, I jst finished my undergrad and will like to proceed to Masters immediately before joining the labour market. OR, was working but resigned to enable me focus on my academic pursuit, etc.
Nice one brova.tenks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by skimmeh1: 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
good evening all, i need urgent information for someone whose visa appointment is for next week on how to pay SEVIS fee from Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeb04(f): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello house I would like to know if there is anyone Doing a masters program in any of the universities in france and also I just finished my bsc and am a big novice,I don't even know where to start in pursuing my masters program but I alredy have an eye for france because I read that some tuitition fee is as low as 1,000US$ .

Finally I would be very grateful if I can have a whatsap/ bbm contact so I can get direct informations. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Landed safely in JFK. Transcript later, I wan connect

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Godmade: Hallelujah, got my interview date. The 30th of July 10:15am in Abuja.

Great!!!
Now prepare till you can answer any question from even a coma.

All the best... Be sure to fast and pray at least 3ays beforen,Read Psalm 40!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
honeyad: Who's heading south? LA(Louisiana)

Might visit in early August!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
zeb04: Hello house I would like to know if there is anyone Doing a masters program in any of the universities in france and also I just finished my bsc and am a big novice,I don't even know where to start in pursuing my masters program but I alredy have an eye for france because I read that some tuitition fee is as low as 1,000US$ .

Finally I would be very grateful if I can have a whatsap/ bbm contact so I can get direct informations. Thank you
USA student visa thread, you would need to check the France thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
timodam4real: PLEASE I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR EARLY AUGUST BECAUSE I COULDNT FIND A DATE FOR JULY, HOPE IT IS NOT TOO LATE

I saw First available date now is July 14th.. maybe you can login now and cancel it... but do it fast before someone pick it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
zeezahbee: Landed safely in JFK. Transcript later, I wan connect

Wow!!! happy to hear that... Welcome to the Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
skimmeh1: good evening all, i need urgent information for someone whose visa appointment is for next week on how to pay SEVIS fee from Nigeria

When next week? You cant pay from Nigeria unless you use agent or you go to seme border and pay..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
RickyRozay: Thank You Lord for putting the devil to shame. They tried to stop us, but Our Nairaland Family is very strong, No one will destroy Nairaland, we will keep this thread alive. Cheers NL family. #HackersBeware.. Happy to see everyone back to work and gotten over the issue. Missed NL alot

hmmmmm.... After your tour boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
For someone resuming 20th of august, is 25th bad for visa appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
decreamaster: Pls house
The page is asking me for ds160 confirmation number
Help o

Create ds160 confirmation code then save it and put it there to book appointment...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
Stewee:
My Transcript:
I arrived at the embassy at exactly 6:55am for 6:30am appointment.
Security Frisked us and we lined up and walked into the waiting area...When they went through my document,the guy jus told me I had to go and take another passport photo cause the two I has was stapled exactly ontop my eyes. I immediately told him I had an extra one.

We eventually got into the pavilloin and I dropped my documents and did biometric.

I waited patiently for my turn...I started praying the Psalm saying "Lift Up your Head O ye gates"
That was the only prayer that could calm me. I knew the chinko guy won't interview me cos as usual he was denying like no man's business.

Then bang...My number appeared.

Me: Goodmorning (I know put sir cos the guy was dissapointingly too young and I wasn't in the mood)
VO: Good morning *with small smile*...I see you're going to the United States for flight training.
Me: That's correct.
VO: So where did you do your Bsc program?
Me: University Of Lagos
VO:And What did you Study?
Me: Psy
VO: So why are you just pursuing a career in Aviation...Why Didn't you do this before.
Me: My Mentor advised me that Airline Piloting requires a lot of commitment and maturity...He it will be wise for me to get a Bsc first then proceed for Flight training. Psychology is also related to Piloting cause one of the courses i'll be taking for my flight training is called "Crew and Passenger Management".
VO: So what are you doing currently?
Me: I work in my moms company....its a bla bla bla..........
VO: and what is your responsibility in the company?
Me: bla bla bla
VO: Good Good.
VO: I see you where here in May and was refused...Why did you still choose to do your flight training here in the US out of all the other flight schools in world.
Me: (I said the fastest hail Mary here cos I hadd rehearsed this question a Zillion times)
I didn't just apply to schools in the US...I applied to one school in south Africa, one in ukraine, One in Canada and 3 in the United States.
I picked this school because in was ranked 2nd in the South-western region of the states(Hot Kunu drink), It has the distinction of training one of the US astronaut that walked on the moon and it's also one of the independent flight training centres in the US that have integrated and Implemented the use of iPad as part of its Ground school and flight training proper.
VO: Cuts in...Lemme get this straight...You want to go to this school cos the use ipads?
Me: Yes,but it's not just the ipads but the software and applications on this ipads. These ipads are what is called in aviation as EFB's meaning Electronic Flight Bags that displays all you aeronautical navigational charts, processes and interprets flight logs and generally records flight information...It is imposssiblle to fly modern jets without these ipads.
VO: Nods and says Great!
VO: Whose gonna sponsor you for this training
Me: My Mom will be sponsoring me for this training...i'll also be supporting myself with the little money I've saved up. However, I've been in talks with 3 aviation airline company's here in Nig and they have agreed to support,sponsor and offer me a job as a First officer position once I complete my training and return home.
VO: oh Good. So why does this Airline company want to sponsor you...what do they stand to gain?
Me: Current aviation industry buzz going now says there will be a big shortage of pilots in the next few years and even some retired pilot are being called back to service. Some airline company's that are trying to avert this problem are looking into local content where they sponsor and train young and aspiring pilots and also offer them a job afterwards.
VO: In what capacity is this Airline company gonna sponsor you?
Me: I wasn't expecting this question and it threw me off kind of.So I used NL style of stalling and said "Sorry dint get that"
VO: I just wana understand the capacity in which this company is gonna sponsor you...Are they gonna pay for your meals or apartment or give you pocket money?
Me: Oh not at all... They will be sponsoring me for my jet type rating...He seemed confused...There a part of my training called "Jet type rating" where i'll be trained to fly a specific type of aircraft. they going to be sponsoring me for that so I can come back and fly their own type of aircraft. My mom will shoulder the rest.
VO: May I see your mom's statement?
Me: Hands it to him.
VO: Flips through...then says those magic words
Your Visa Is Approved. He gives me the white pick up paper and i20 but all the other thing he said didn't register. I grap my stuff say thank you...Did a 360 on the spot and zoomed out before he changes his mind.

Congrats and enjoy Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: For someone resuming 20th of august, is 25th bad for visa appointment date?

Is not good at all if you are referring to 25th of august.. I login into my account not quite long and i saw 14th of July as first available date, cant that person pick it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
femmy10303: femmy here again, morning to you all .. please house i need you to kindly assist me with letter of sponsorship format or what it look like, please so urgent .. you can paste it on here or you send to my email femiogbimi@yahoo.com God bless you all

check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
Walspring:

Is not good at all if you are referring to 25th of august.. I login into my account not quite long and i saw 14th of July as first available date, cant that person pick it?
@ Walspring pls help me out!
I booked my appointment Friday and got 5th August. I'm not comfortable with that date. I need a date this month. Pls how do I monitor the first available date to see if I can reschedule since earlier days usually pop up. If I log in now, I won't see the first available date. I chose Lagos consulate.
Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Did a 360 on the spot and zoomed out before he changes his mind.

LOLZZZZ...NICE POST GUDLUCK BURV

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2014

Thank God for journey mercies. Would truly like to read ur travel experience. Be safe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Amerinancy: Please guys, my friend went for her interview today and she told me in her words "Buh dey gave me a paper too buh they ticked dat I should come on any Wednesday at 1:30 with my documents"
What does this mean? (she was interviewed oh) but she said the VO said she couldn't confirm her sevis payment, so she was asked to come tomorrow.
Will she still be interviewed again morrow or what?

Thanks. And to all those who got their Visas approved, congrats and a safe trip *kisses*

Since its sevis issue she wont be interview again but if truly she pay for the sevis, am sure she wont have any issue with them but if she didnt pay and she told them that she paid the fee well there might be issue... So ask he if she truly pay the sevis fee..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
RexNdubest:
@ Walspring pls help me out!
I booked my appointment Friday and got 5th August. I'm not comfortable with that date. I need a date this month. Pls how do I monitor the first available date to see if I can reschedule since earlier days usually pop up. If I log in now, I won't see the first available date. I chose Lagos consulate.
Thanks!

login to your account back and click on reschedule appointment and cancel appointment but dont click yes oooo cos under or in between the Yes/NO it will tell you the first available appointment...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimmy05: House, how long does it take to get sevis fee receipt after payment confirmation? Used my Lagos address (apapa). I paid on the 27th of July.

It depend.. sometimes on the day you make payment cos i paid mine July 7th and that same day i was able to print my receipt or 2-3 days if its Western union
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2014

Don't forget us oooo. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Walspring:

login to your account back and click on reschedule appointment and cancel appointment but dont click yes oooo cos under or in between the Yes/NO it will tell you the first available appointment...
Okay, tnks!
So the appointment won't be cancelled unless I clicked yes?
Just want to be sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
Walspring:

Since its sevis issue she wont be interview again but if truly she pay for the sevis, am sure she wont have any issue with them but if she didnt pay and she told them that she paid the fee well there might be issue... So ask he if she truly pay the sevis fee..
she paid sure!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Amerinancy: she paid sure!!

Good.... No issue then but maybe she paid and payment is not reflecting yet since she paid for real... Congrats to her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
RexNdubest:
Okay, tnks!
So the appointment won't be cancelled unless I clicked yes?
Just want to be sure

yes boss unless you clicked yes.. You appointment details will be bolded there and under it you will see where the next first available date is written..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
Walspring:

Is this date for Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
domex007:

Is this date for Lagos or Abuja?

Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
Her interview

VO: hello

Me: hi how u doin?

VO: (didn't reply)why do u you want to go to the states?

Me:I want to......

VOsadcuts in) is kingdom books sponsoring you?

Me:Well ma dad has worked der for ova yrs before even I was born nd he is Actually recognized as a board member

VO:wat position does he hold?

Me: he is a sales executive

VO:is he da sales executive fir da ova all company?
wat position does he hold
Me: he is a sales executive

Vo:is he da sales executive fir da ova all company?

Vo:so y dyu wanna study in da states

Me:well I would like to further my studies nd so I did some research on skulls dat suit my academic aspirations nd I saw dat us education was da best in da world due to improved logistics nd facilities

VO: dats nice So y superficially madona university?

Me: well madona suits my academic career nd aspirations nd according to the USA news madona is currently one of da best schools in USA nd also their population per class is like 12-15 so much attention would be given to me

VO: dats nice So have u paid ur sevis fee??

Me: yes please but I haven't received da confirmation yet

VO: when did you pay?

Me: last week thursday

VO: oo ok due to da fact dat u haven't paid ur sevis fee, u will hv o come bk tomoro wen u get ur sevis fee at 1:30pm but I think dat it will come like nxt week so u can come next week with all ur documents ok?

Me: ok thank you

VO:goodluck

This transcript sweet die it was Gods favour no documents just like play play talk
Sevis fee payment alert just came 10 mins ago so will be goin morrow to show reciept and collect pick up letter jare make una help us shout praise tha lord!!! And make una pray 4 me mine is coming up soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.