Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456271 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2014
chimdilawson: please guys! I applied for admission to a flight school in Florida, Daytona beach to do a short course "Airline Dispatcher", did all the preliminary payments and expecting I-20 form within the week for M-1 Visa application. The school is Phoenix East Aviation School. Does anyone have an idea of ones chances of getting the visa? hope is not a red flag sch
stewee should be able to put you through.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2014
bimbola85:

Bro,I've been using gtb's master card for all my international transactions.

They charge more than the exchange rate and I can say that anywhere.

Just last week, they charged me #166.32 per $ for all the payments I made and this prompted me to email them over the weekend to ask about their exchange rate. They said #161.50 while they charged more than that.

See the attachment for confirmation.
yea, rijo is wrong, so far its been around 166 or somtimes 167 sef. If you swipe your card at walmart or use the card online, there's no $3 charge, but if you use the atm then you will be charge $3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2014
goldenchic, I sent you PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2014
zeezahbee: yea, rijo is wrong, so far its been around 166 or somtimes 167 sef. If you swipe your card at walmart or use the card online, there's no $3 charge, but if you use the atm then you will be charge $3
The issue is with exchange rate, its quite high, but at this juncture, we really do not have option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2014
Hello House,
My interview is 1st week of aug but my sch(UCO) resumes on 16th aug. I wanna ask if I can still meet up with the resumption date or if I should book emergency appointment?
If I am to book emergency appointment, how do I go about it?
Do I have to cancel the initial one or just book another one all together?

Response needed sharp sharp.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2014
domex007: Hello House,
My interview is 1st week of aug but my sch(UCO) resumes on 16th aug. I wanna ask if I can still meet up with the resumption date or if I should book emergency appointment?
If I am to book emergency appointment, how do I go about it?
Do I have to cancel the initial one or just book another one all together?

Response needed sharp sharp.. Thanks
I have posted two available dates in July. Please always check online you will get a closer date. It still doesn't hurt or cost extra fees using the emergency appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:53am On Jul 15, 2014
expertman: Hello Bosses In the House Pls How Can I Book For Emergency Appointment . Have tired online but saw august 18 Free while I need to Resume to UCO for Masters on 15th August. What can I do pls.

Sup bro, I am also going to UCO for fall semester but still waiting for my interview on the 1st week of august,..
I wish you well and see you @ UCO..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: I have posted two available dates in July. Please always check online you will get a closer date. It still doesn't hurt or cost extra fees using the emergency appointment.

I understand bro, but using emergency appointment, will I have to first cancel my initial appointment on the 1st week of august? Or can I order for emrgency date first before cancelling?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:56am On Jul 15, 2014
For the guy that asked if www.wakanow.com is a fake site — No, they are very legit. I know a lot of people that have booked their flight through that means. Go right ahead.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Sup bro, I am also going to UCO for fall semester but still waiting for my interview on the 1st week of august,..
I wish you well and see you @ UCO..
Please, you have access to your appointment portal. So what you do is click on the reschedule appointment, then click on cancel appointment (your appointment wont be cancelled, it will show you yes/no, its until you click on any of the option). You will see next available date. Help yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

I understand bro, but using emergency appointment, will I have to first cancel my initial appointment on the 1st week of august? Or can I order for emrgency date first before cancelling?
You dont need to cancel it. Click on the emergency appointment and attach your i-20, sevis fee receipt and give a cogent reason why you want emergency appointment.

I will advice you not to depend on it, check the portal daily and you will get dates in July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolutweety(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Good day to everyone,
i will be scheduling my GRE test for next month or early september. I need someone to help with a material to help prepare for the test(whether hard or soft copy).
Any possible tips and advice on how to get a very high score would also be appreciated.

my email : tolutweety@ymail.com

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: Please, you have access to your appointment portal. So what you do is click on the reschedule appointment, then click on cancel appointment (your appointment wont be cancelled, it will show you yes/no, its until you click on any of the option). You will see next available date. Help yourself.

Okay, but how long do the embassy take to approve emergency appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2014
tolutweety:

Good day to everyone,
i will be scheduling my GRE test for next month or early september. I need someone to help with a material to help prepare for the test(whether hard or soft copy).
Any possible tips and advice on how to get a very high score would also be appreciated.

my email : tolutweety@ymail.com

Thanks.

Have you been reading previous pages at all?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolutweety(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2014
ebdib:

Have you been reading previous pages at all?

Could you help with a reference to the particular page ??

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by superfavour(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2014
Kindly advice, I got a minister's admission to a bible college in oklahoma,usa, toefl wasn't a criteria ,my question is is hope the question of toefl won't or would be asked during the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:28am On Jul 15, 2014
francisabuah: Gud morin house,plz I need info on how to register for TOEFL and GRE on my own.plz I need the information as soon as possible,pplease.thanks and God bless

If you have enough time...walk to the Access bank Plc, sign up account with them and also get a Visa card and activate it online. then u are good to go bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2014
Graviton2: For the guy that asked if www.wakanow.com is a fake site — No, they are very legit. I know a lot of people that have booked their flight through that means. Go right ahead.

Thanks so much...they called me this morning as well and gave me 100 percent assurance...but looking at it checking their price for Emirate and going to emirate site itself..there are alot of diff like 10% drop compare to Emirate website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2014
chimdilawson: please guys! I applied for admission to a flight school in Florida, Daytona beach to do a short course "Airline Dispatcher", did all the preliminary payments and expecting I-20 form within the week for M-1 Visa application. The school is Phoenix East Aviation School. Does anyone have an idea of ones chances of getting the visa? hope is not a red flag sch

No one can say for sure ones chances of getting a visa. You just have to prepare and prepare well.
The school is not a red flag.

Whose your admission officer in PEA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2014
olumide098:

If you have enough time...walk to the Access bank Plc, sign up account with them and also get a Visa card and activate it online. then u are good to go bro

then wat next after getting the visa card,will a master card do too? I just wanna a complete info on how do do about it if u can give me in details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: stewee should be able to put you through.

If you have any questions/enquiry/clarifications, Please do lemme know.
I don't have all the answers but we can always get a solution.

Cheers Mate!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2014
then wat next after getting the visa card,will a master card do too? I just wanna a complete info on how do do about it if u can give me in details.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:51am On Jul 15, 2014
francisabuah:

Very Easy Brother depends on the appointment date and time u are looking at..walk thru Access..Register with them and also sign up your visa card with them. after that register via www.ets.org/gre or toefl depends. it will take two weeks for access to give u card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Okay, but how long do the embassy take to approve emergency appointment?
Maximum 2business days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2014
thanks olumide for ur quick repense but plz I need a well detailed way on how to go about it,i cud get a visa card from acess cos I bank wif the and I hav a master card from 1st bank,plz will I master card do? and must it be a visa card from acess? plz give me full details on hw to go about it,thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by igbonerd(m): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
ebdib:

When I wrote the Gre,
I got a 166V 168Q 5Aw
You can do it too.

If you're in a math based field, it might be easier to hit 170 in quants. I really should have scored 170 if in was more careful. So you have to watch out for those tiny annoying mistakes.
Verbal was easy for me but really wasn't expecting 166. Powerprep range was 162-163. I ended up with 166.
So yes it's certainly doable.

Btw have you taken Powerprep?

First I must give you due deference by prostrating: ____O_
Those scores are really fantastic. I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronic Engineering, and believe I'm generally better at math than verbal (like the average engineering student, lol).

Anyways, I took the powerprep sometime last year. I had no idea what it was at the time, so I took both tests I and II under untimed conditions. In hindsight, I regret it because I can't take it again to ascertain my readiness and performance level. Please, do you know of any other tests I may use in lieu of the ETS powerprep? Secondly, how did you prepare for the Analytical Writing (your scores are pretty ace)? Lastly, have you secured any admission yet? I'm appreciative of your interest. Bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
francisabuah: thanks olumide for ur quick repense but plz I need a well detailed way on how to go about it,i cud get a visa card from acess cos I bank wif the and I hav a master card from 1st bank,plz will I master card do? and must it be a visa card from acess? plz give me full details on hw to go about it,thanks and God bless
You can use first bank, diamond bank or access bank visa card. Ets only accept visa card. So go and get visa card and activate it for online banking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: You dont need to cancel it. Click on the emergency appointment and attach your i-20, sevis fee receipt and give a cogent reason why you want emergency appointment.

I will advice you not to depend on it, check the portal daily and you will get dates in July.

Thank for all you inputs.
Do I have to cancel my initial appointment in august before I can see earlier dates in july.. Am sorry for asking too many questions but I have my reasons, thank you for your assistance
Just sent you PM bro, pls reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: You can use first bank, diamond bank or access bank visa card. Ets only accept visa card. So go and get visa card and activate it for online banking
ok thanks for gettin the card then wat else? and hw much is the fee for toefl or gre vie ets.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
francisabuah:
ok thanks for gettin the card then wat else? and hw much is the fee for toefl or gre vie ets.
they have already provided you with the website. Help yourself

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Thank for all you inputs.
Do I have to cancel my initial appointment in august before I can see earlier dates in july.. Am sorry for asking too many questions but I have my reasons, thank you for your assistance
Just sent you PM bro, pls reply.
you need to take your time and read all my response. I already explained how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chimdilawson: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

No one can say for sure ones chances of getting a visa. You just have to prepare and prepare well.
The school is not a red flag.

Whose your admission officer in PEA?

Bob Lamourex is my admission officer. plz i would appreciate any candid tips/advice u can render me in regards to the preparation, what am i likely to encounter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.