Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,415 members, 7,846,746 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455788 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
tolutweety:

Thanks.

Thanks to God..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
zeezahbee: Lemme break down this dollar and naira iiish. When I was about travelling, I went to GTbank to ask for PTA thinking they will gimme, they said Nop, that they have activated all master cards and that I can use it in US for transactions but I told them that I can see them buying for 156 and selling for 158, they were like its for western union or people with dollar account, so I left. I tried other banks and it was same. They advice me to go to bureau de change , I mean those aboki. So I got $500 from the aboki at the rate of 167naira. When I got to new york and I used the atm to withdraw, I was charged $3, but when I swipe the card at USairways stand to pay for my box for $60, I wasn't charge, just the $60 was debited at the rate of 166.07naira. So far I have been using and swiping my card everywhere I go and no charges but if you use the atm, 420naira will deducted for every transactions. You can link your GTbank card to your paypal account, I paid someone on nairaland connecting flight from NY to missouri with the paypal account and it was fine but current the current rate is around 166-168naira either swiping, online or ATM. If you have more questions, lemme know.

Zee........nice information. Thanks for that.
Et all interested in dollar issh.......a friend of mine who I shared GTb or rather bank exchange issue told that a savings account owner is entitled to $4000 while current account is entitled to $5000 once you show the bank your visa n flight schedule. Exchange rate is 158.
He called his Fidelity bank officer and told him about me. The guy said I should come over. I didn't go today cos the said amount is not in my account yet. Tomorrow am going to do that. My worries now is the longer throat immigration people.
Will share my tomorrow waka first. .....i go cross immigration wen e time reach.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

Since its family fund, your uncle can be your sponsor but you have work to do by telling the VO why your uncle is sponsoring you now since you told them your dad before...

But i will advise you not to change a vital thing you once filled in your first interview but add to it

Thank you for your response. I appreciate . Yes , My dad is not able to sponsor me this time , My Uncle will . and he will be giving me his companies documents with a statement of account of at least 5million .
but how do i fill the ds 160 . it definitely has to change now to my Uncle"s name . right ? or what do you suggest i write there . my dad and my uncle ? please advice . as i would not be going this time with my dad"s account at all . he is not able to sponsor me this time. he is in a terrible situation , you dont want to pray as i dont pray such for even my enemy. please advice how i should fill the ds 160 sponsor information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
igbonerd:

Thanks. Clicked around in grad café but couldn't get any resource recommendation for the Analytical Writing, so your counsel is really timely. I'm indebted for that. As for the powerprep, I'd try to download the updated version as soon as I happen on a good WiFi network.

Always known Kaplan to be very explicatory in their resource materials. My GRE isn't until October so I plan to start reading (or roting) for the Analytical Writing a month before. Thanks for the heads-up, my good man. Any additional study tip would be intensely appreciated.

Don't use Kaplan for anything apart from writing
They're whack in other aspects.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
olumide098:

If you have enough time...walk to the Access bank Plc, sign up account with them and also get a Visa card and activate it online. then u are good to go bro
visa cards are being replaced with verve cards @access bank(card malfunction), maybe a fidelity bank Visa would do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Slimmy.......Nice link you provided. I was busy enjoying the travel experience. Thanks
cheesy youre welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

Thank you for your response. I appreciate . Yes , My dad is not able to sponsor me this time , My Uncle will . and he will be giving me his companies documents with a statement of account of at least 5million .
but how do i fill the ds 160 . it definitely has to change now to my Uncle"s name . right ? or what do you suggest i write there . my dad and my uncle ? please advice . as i would not be going this time with my dad"s account at all . he is not able to sponsor me this time. he is in a terrible situation , you dont want to pray as i dont pray such for even my enemy. please advice how i should fill the ds 160 sponsor information.

Since that's the case, it will definately change to your uncle's name, if the VO asks, you can tell the VO your dad's situation and why your uncle decided to sponsor now..
About the company document, you can still use your uncle's company's bank statement, you just have to prove to the VO that he is the sole signatory to the account.. Please house, we need assistance here..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007: Hello again friends,
Below are the list of documents am taking to the embassy, pls help me review.
NB: I am using company sponsorship.
DOCUMENTS FOR THE EMBASSY
International passport
DS 160 confirmation page
Appointment Confirmation page
Sevis Receipt
Visa Fee Receipt from GT Bank
Passport photograph (2cm X 2cm)
Admission letter & i-20
Company bank statement/bank letter
Company memorandum of understanding
Company scholarship letter
Company study leave letter
Pay slip from company (salary payment)
Company employment letter
Company id card
High school Testimonial
Waec result and scratch card
TOEFL Result
Computer diploma certificate
Personal bank statement

You seem ok!
Isn't your passport suppose to be 5cm X 5cm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Since that's the case, it will definately change to your uncle's name, if the VO asks, you can tell the VO your dad's situation and why your uncle decided to sponsor now..
About the company document, you can still use your uncle's company's bank statement, you just have to prove to the VO that he is the sole signatory to the account.. Please house, we need assistance here..

Please I welcome advice please thats why am here.
so I should put my uncle as the sponsor this time around on my ds 160
he is the CEO OF THE company yes . and he is giving me his personal account statement (thought they regard only personal account) but he will add his Companies document(CAC N TAX )

If the VO should ask why my Uncle is sponsoring me when my initial application it was my dad? please type the best answer for me . please. am worried this is my last shot . my school resume august 25. my interview is near .

help me please. EVERYONE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

You seem ok!
Isn't your passport suppose to be 5cm X 5cm?

Sorry 5cm by 5cm.. White background..
Thanks.. Will share my success story soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

So sorry about your dad!
The good Lord will restore Him and enlarge him In Jesus Name,Amen.
Truth is, a lot of student going overseas to study abroad don't go with all the money in the world. A Lot of sacrifices will be made. Don't worry you'll be fine.

Post your previous transcript so guru's can help you prepare for your next. Interview.

Stay Cool!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

he is the CEO OF THE company yes . and he is giving me his personal account statement (thought they regard only personal account) but he will add his Companies document(CAC N TAX )

If the VO should ask why my Uncle is sponsoring me when my initial application it was my dad? please type the best answer for me . please. am worried this is my last shot . my school resume august 25. my interview is near .

help me please. EVERYONE

First of all,
Put your uncle's name as your sponsor,
You can take his company tax clearance
When the VO ask why is your dad not sponsoring you,
Your answer: *with a sad/sympathetic face* his goods was recently seized by custom so he is trying to sort out the issue at hand, he(your dad) decided to speak to your uncle about sponsoring you and your uncle agreed to sponsor you. Simple.
My own advice tho, the gurus might have better ideas..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Sorry 5cm by 5cm.. White background..
Thanks.. Will share my success story soon

That's the Spirit!!! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

help me please. EVERYONE

Wait.. This one just entered my head now,
How much does your dad have in his account presently? If the money in his account can cover your tuition for a year, then just print his bank statement with that current amount and use it for your interview before he removes the money in it,

If things work out as I have said, you don't need to change the details to your uncle sponsoring you and you don't have to tell the vo about ur dad's present situation..
Goodluck bro and so soRry about your dad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chimdilawson: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

First of all I have to fully understand your profile so we can prepare accordingly.

What are you doing now? Are you a graduate? What did you study?
Do you work? If yes,where?
Do you have any experience in the Aviation industry?

...When I get an overview of what your profile is like,I can then advise you. #ItsImportant.
You can PM me so it's faster.
Yes I am a graduate.
studied Industrial Chemistry in Uniport.
No. I'm not working yet, currently on NYSC, to pass out by october.
No. I dont have any experience in Aviation Industry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

First of all,
Put your uncle's name as your sponsor,
You can take his company tax clearance
When the VO ask why is your dad not sponsoring you,
Your answer: *with a sad/sympathetic face* his goods was recently seized by custom so he is trying to sort out the issue at hand, he(your dad) decided to speak to your uncle about sponsoring you and your uncle agreed to sponsor you. Simple.
My own advice tho, the gurus might have better ideas..

Honestly, you dont wana give the VO something to give him reason that you might not be able to support yourself when you get to the US.
I won't advice to give the VO some "Stories That Touch"(No pun intended) cos you not even get a chance to really explain yourself convincingly.

So be careful ok!
#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

So sorry about your dad!
The good Lord will restore Him and enlarge him In Jesus Name,Amen.
Truth is, a lot of student going overseas to study abroad don't go with all the money in the world. A Lot of sacrifices will be made. Don't worry you'll be fine.

Post your previous transcript so guru's can help you prepare for your next. Interview.

Stay Cool!

I know I screwed up in my first Interview .First , I was very very nervous .being the first time. but since i was introduced to this trend .I have read past transcript as well and saw where i messed up .

I couldn't really remember the whole Interview.

Me . Good Morning .

v.o Why are you going to the state ?

me . To purse my graduate degree in accounting ?

v.o what did you study in your undergraduate ?

me Agric Economics and Extension management ?

V.o why accounting ?

Me .It has been my career job since i finished school( I worked with doly internationa as Accountant 2) but not anymore tho. but then i was still working so same was stipulated in my ds 160

Finished 2010 , served 2011 till 2012 . got the job late 2012. resigned 2013 before applying (thought it was going to be easy) angry

v.o why this school ?

Me it is well ranked n i talked about the alumni( I accept i talked like a robot ) I admit

V.o was this the only school ?

me . My answer was yes ,its the only school .

V.O did you write test ?
me yes i wrote Toefl .In london during my last visit because it was that time in december that all sites in Nigeria had issues . I have 90 tho but the school wanted 73 so its stated on my I20 that i met the english requirement.

V.O did you write Gre .
Me . No it wasnt required .

v.o asked who was sponsoring?

me my dad .

vo what does he do ?
me told him

then he gave me that blue paper . My eyes was heavy at that time . but i cried shaaa.

so thats why i need help about my sponsor this time. My Uncle is sponsoring me now unlike the previous application which was my dad

PLEASE HELP .......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

Honestly, you dont wana give the VO something to give him reason that you might not be able to support yourself when you get to the US.
I won't advice to give the VO some "Stories That Touch"(No pun intended) cos you not even get a chance to really explain yourself convincingly.

So be careful ok!
#Bless

Yeah, you have a point here too,
That's why I thought of another alternative that he can use:

How much does your dad have in his account
presently? If the money in his account can
cover your tuition for a year, then just print his
bank statement with that current amount and
use it for your interview before he removes the
money in it,
If things work out as I have said, you don't
need to change the details to your uncle
sponsoring you and you don't have to tell the
vo about ur dad's present situation..
Goodluck bro and so soRry about your dad.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

I know I screwed up in my first Interview .First , I was very very nervous .being the first time. but since i was introduced to this trend .I have read past transcript as well and saw where i messed up .

Me . Good Morning .

V.o why accounting ?

Me .It has been my career job since i finished school( I worked with doly internationa as Accountant 2) but not anymore tho. but then i was still working so same was stipulated in my ds 160

Finished 2010 , served 2011 till 2012 . got the job late 2012. resigned 2013 before applying (thought it was going to be easy) angry

v.o why this school ?

Me it is well ranked n i talked about the alumni( I accept i talked like a robot ) I admit

V.O did you write test ?
me yes i wrote Toefl .In london during my last visit because it was that time in december that all sites in Nigeria had issues . I have 90 tho but the school wanted 73 so its stated on my I20 that i met the english requirement.

V.O did you write Gre .

me my dad .

vo what does he do ?
me told him

then he gave me that blue paper . My eyes was heavy at that time . but i cried shaaa.

so thats why i need help about my sponsor this time. My Uncle is sponsoring me now unlike the previous application which was my dad

PLEASE HELP .......

Am sorry by, try not to think about your denial again and focus on the present.
Its okay to cry, I cried like a baby on my mum's lap when I was denied too..
How about this advice:

money in it,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
chimdilawson:
Yes I am a graduate.
studied Industrial Chemistry in Uniport.
No. I'm not working yet, currently on NYSC, to pass out by october.
No. I dont have any experience in Aviation Industry.

Ok!
When are you planing on going to school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Yeah, you have a point here too,
That's why I thought of another alternative that he can use:

money in it,
Goodluck bro and so soRry about your dad.

I am afraid his present balance as a result of his condition at present cannot cover my tuition for the first year . He is distabilised that i dont even want to disturb him at the moment is why am shifting grounds to my Uncle and which he has accepted since my dad already talked to him.

my first year tuition is 28000$ from the account i sent to the school . they estimated the funds to be 45,000$

so my Uncle is my last hope. Just dont know how to package it and go about it is why i need that help and please correct me on my previous transcript.

God Bless as i await your correspondence..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

Me . Good Morning .

V.o why accounting ?

v.o why this school ?

V.O did you write test ?

V.O did you write Gre .

me my dad .

vo what does he do ?
me told him

PLEASE HELP .......

Dear Laura,

I feel you.
I was just as nervous in my first interview infact I sounded worse.
I spotted so many mistakes which I want to believe you have sorted out.
In areas where you was asked "Why accounting", "Why this school", "Was this the only school", "Did you write tests"?
You have to work on all this. ...Let the Guru's help you with these.

Now to conquer "Nervousness", You have to practise,practise,practise!!!!!!!!
That's what helped me.
Ultimately, Pray,Fast and ask God to help you.
We'll be here to help you all the way.

Saddle Up!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chimdilawson: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

Ok!
When are you planing on going to school?
classes will start by October 13th. so I intend to be there by the end of September.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
Laura2014, please avoid any inconsistency in your application. Don't start changing sponsor. You need to relax and ask as many question as you wish to know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
chimdilawson:
classes will start by October 13th. so I intend to be there by the end of September.
Unique uniport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Am sorry by, try not to think about your denial again and focus on the present.
Its okay to cry, I cried like a baby on my mum's lap when I was denied too..
How about this advice:

money in it,

LMAO!!!
You cried on yo momma's lap? Chai!

We need to start encouraging NL'ers to post their "after denial transcripts"
Me I dint cry ooo... Immediately I started looking for a way forward.
My family,Friends and NL'ERS encouraged me...Look what they've helped me achieved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Laura, you didn't give a convincing reason for the change in career. You had a bsc agric second and going to MSC accounting. You need to state the reason for the change, a cogent and convincing reasons.

You need to read interview experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: Laura2014, please avoid any inconsistency in your application. Don't start changing sponsor. You need to relax and ask as many question as you wish to know

I want to know is why I am asking questions . so please help me with a way to package it .
its not my wish to change sponsor like you have said , I have aforementioned the reason that led to it .
I would appreciate your own view slimmy05 and advice.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

I am afraid his present balance as a result of his condition at present cannot cover my tuition for the first year . He is distabilised that i dont even want to disturb him at the moment is why am shifting grounds to my Uncle and which he has accepted since my dad already talked to him.

my first year tuition is 28000$ from the account i sent to the school . they estimated the funds to be 45,000$

so my Uncle is my last hope. Just dont know how to package it and go about it is why i need that help and please correct me on my previous transcript.

Just Fill your Uncle as your sponsor.
During your interview if the VO doesn't mention anything about, just explain what your Uncle does and why his sponsoring you.
God will help you, don't worry.
Just table it all to Him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
chimdilawson:

PM me bro!
I can already see inconsistencies in your Profile.
By end of September you should still be running NYSC. Send me an email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014:

why not get your uncle transfer the funds into your dads account little by little..though I don't know if the lodgement might be spotted by the VO..I know so many people who went through this track but I don't know if it is advisable..just my opinion..I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

LMAO!!!
You cried on yo momma's lap? Chai!

We need to start encouraging NL'ers to post their "after denial transcripts"
Me I dint cry ooo... Immediately I started looking for a way forward.
My family,Friends and NL'ERS encouraged me...Look what they've helped me achieved.

Bro, its not my fault jare, it was my 1st time,
I felt like the whole world had fallen down on me coupled with the money I spent that time and am mummy's boy.. Lool

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.