Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,745 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456265 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
so slimmy after getin the visa card wat next plz do I use it to resgister
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
imperioux: Hi guys. Hope you're all doing great? I couldn't comment on any thread for some weeks now because I've been banned for 1 month by the owner of nairaland (I don't want to mention his name again so that he won't come for my head like the last time).

Well, so far I can always register anytime I like, who cares about his capability and might undecided Also finding more time to be online generally is another issue but I will be back soon.

Cheers all!

We all miss you..... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
ridimic1: msnas snubbing me again for d 5th time..I jus asked of name if her sch. smh

Send her pm maybe she didnt check NL but am sure she will check her email.. Her school is in ....

Edited
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: What you need to understand is exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate overtime, its not like US visa fee that's fixed at their thievery rate of 167

Its even at the rate of 170 before it was 165
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
chimdilawson:
Bob Lamourex is my admission officer. plz i would appreciate any candid tips/advice u can render me in regards to the preparation, what am i likely to encounter?

First of all I have to fully understand your profile so we can prepare accordingly.

What are you doing now? Are you a graduate? What did you study?
Do you work? If yes,where?
Do you have any experience in the Aviation industry?

...When I get an overview of what your profile is like,I can then advise you. #ItsImportant.
You can PM me so it's faster.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
tolutweety:

Good day to everyone,
i will be scheduling my GRE test for next month or early september. I need someone to help with a material to help prepare for the test(whether hard or soft copy).
Any possible tips and advice on how to get a very high score would also be appreciated.

my email : tolutweety@ymail.com

Thanks.

Send blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you will get response on how to download GRE materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
igbonerd:

First I must give you due deference by prostrating: ____O_
Those scores are really fantastic. I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronic Engineering, and believe I'm generally better at math than verbal (like the average engineering student, lol).

Anyways, I took the powerprep sometime last year. I had no idea what it was at the time, so I took both tests I and II under untimed conditions. In hindsight, I regret it because I can't take it again to ascertain my readiness and performance level. Please, do you know of any other tests I may use in lieu of the ETS powerprep? Secondly, how did you prepare for the Analytical Writing (your scores are pretty ace)? Lastly, have you secured any admission yet? I'm appreciative of your interest. Bless.

You're ivy league material.
I doubt you'd like to switch to mech but this dept like Nigerian students sha
http://www.princeton.edu/mae/graduate/admissions/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Thank for all you inputs.
Do I have to cancel my initial appointment in august before I can see earlier dates in july.. Am sorry for asking too many questions but I have my reasons, thank you for your assistance
Just sent you PM bro, pls reply.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
@igbonerd there's also manhattan free online test but
It's very hard.

For simulation, powerprep is the best. They update powerprep every 3 or 4 months so the one you took is probably dated now.

Usually your score in powerprep mirrors your actual score in this way.
Your verbal score increases by 2-3
Your quantitative decreases by 1-3

Analytical writing just use Kaplan and cram their strategies. Man those guys are excellent in writing tips. Don't bother to be creative. Infact if you're creative you'll lose points. Don't form soyinka. Be as boring, prolix as possible and go straight to the point. You'll get at least 4.5.
Also make your essay as long as possible. Paragraph well. I recommend at least 4 heavy paragraphs with solid thesis breakdown by points

My observation and what I read from grad café.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

Send her pm maybe she didnt check NL but am sure she will check her email.. Her school is in ....
See this guy oo shocked Shey she talk say make you help her tell nii?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello friends,o
Can I print ds160 confirmation page and appoinment page in black and white??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007: Hello friends,o

It depend on how much you get ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Lol.......US visa fee is even fixed at 170. Slimmy I think you are very correct cos the customer service lady told me dat it fluctuates; yesterday's price being 158.8. And now I think I recall that same last week, bureau de change was at 166.xx.
What's the perfect recommendation considering cost and safety?
Lemme break down this dollar and naira iiish. When I was about travelling, I went to GTbank to ask for PTA thinking they will gimme, they said Nop, that they have activated all master cards and that I can use it in US for transactions but I told them that I can see them buying for 156 and selling for 158, they were like its for western union or people with dollar account, so I left. I tried other banks and it was same. They advice me to go to bureau de change , I mean those aboki. So I got $500 from the aboki at the rate of 167naira. When I got to new york and I used the atm to withdraw, I was charged $3, but when I swipe the card at USairways stand to pay for my box for $60, I wasn't charge, just the $60 was debited at the rate of 166.07naira. So far I have been using and swiping my card everywhere I go and no charges but if you use the atm, 420naira will deducted for every transactions. You can link your GTbank card to your paypal account, I paid someone on nairaland connecting flight from NY to missouri with the paypal account and it was fine but current the current rate is around 166-168naira either swiping, online or ATM. If you have more questions, lemme know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Amefrica: See this guy oo shocked Shey she talk say make you help her tell nii?

Nope.. I thought the guy need it very urgent.. waiting for you to edit..

Still waiting bros
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
anyone goes, either black or colored, it should be bold and clear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2014

Sure!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

Nope.. I thought the guy need it very urgent.. waiting for you to edit..

Still wait bros
You're cool smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

It depend on how much you get ooo

I was just asking if black and white ds160 con. Page and appointment page won't cause any problem @ the embassy..??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

I was just asking if black and white ds160 con. Page and appointment page won't cause any problem @ the embassy..??

Okay big boss.. It wont at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
zeezahbee: anyone goes, either black or colored, it should be bold and clear

Thanks.. As an Igbo man, I will go for black, its cheaper, lool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

Okay big boss.. It wont at all

Thanks boss of bosses, black it is then..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
I really appreciate everyone contributing to this forum. Wonderful information being shared in this forum. I salute. Have been reading with keen interest. I have two questions. I . Is Murray State university Reg flagged? 2. How much do I need have in my statement of Account before applying to the embassy? Am married with a year old Son
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
domex007:

Thanks boss of bosses, black it is then..

Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolutweety(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Walspring:

Send blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you will get response on how to download GRE materials

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by igbonerd(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
francisabuah:

then wat next after getting the visa card,will a master card do too? I just wanna a complete info on how do do about it if u can give me in details.

ETS doesn't accept Master card for Nigerian test takers; you'd need a Visa card. I got mine from First Bank and it cost me #2,000 and less than a week to do so.

I should alert you that because there are only three centers in Lagos, and we're just entering a fresh admission window, seats for the GRE are filling up really fast. As I type this, the earliest date you available is October 26. Or maybe even later. Another alternative is registering to take the exam in another state: Port Harcourt or Abuja.

I'm forewarning you because I'm presuming you're working with the December 15 deadline, else there's no rush. Lemme know if you need any clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
zeezahbee: Lemme break down this dollar and naira iiish. When I was about travelling, I went to GTbank to ask for PTA thinking they will gimme, they said Nop, that they have activated all master cards and that I can use it in US for transactions but I told them that I can see them buying for 156 and selling for 158, they were like its for western union or people with dollar account, so I left. I tried other banks and it was same. They advice me to go to bureau de change , I mean those aboki. So I got $500 from the aboki at the rate of 167naira. When I got to new york and I used the atm to withdraw, I was charged $3, but when I swipe the card at USairways stand to pay for my box for $60, I wasn't charge, just the $60 was debited at the rate of 166.07naira. So far I have been using and swiping my card everywhere I go and no charges but if you use the atm, 420naira will deducted for every transactions. You can link your GTbank card to your paypal account, I paid someone on nairaland connecting flight from NY to missouri with the paypal account and it was fine but current the current rate is around 166-168naira either swiping, online or ATM. If you have more questions, lemme know.
The issue so far is not with the charges, since there is no charges during swiping, its wit the exchange rate. But as it looks one has no choice.

Domiciliary account is a very long thing. But that where you can get the real exchange rate charges.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello House , I am new on here . and i need your candid advice . To be honest , i applied January for the US Visa and I was denied . How ever I have since asked for a new I20 from my School which i have gotten and am ready to hit the embassy again.
My first Interview in January My Sponsor was my dad . but he has since gotten a major set back as his goods was seriously seized by customs. so he is not able to sponsor me at the moment . Can My Uncle sponsor me now please and which means my Sponsor on my new ds 160 is going to change from my dad now to my Uncle . However , the sponsor details on my I20 is Family Funds.

Please advice me . God bless you all .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello again friends,
Below are the list of documents am taking to the embassy, pls help me review.
NB: I am using company sponsorship.
DOCUMENTS FOR THE EMBASSY
International passport
DS 160 confirmation page
Appointment Confirmation page
Sevis Receipt
Visa Fee Receipt from GT Bank
Passport photograph (2cm X 2cm)
Admission letter & i-20
Company bank statement/bank letter
Company memorandum of understanding
Company scholarship letter
Company study leave letter
Pay slip from company (salary payment)
Company employment letter
Company id card
High school Testimonial
Waec result and scratch card
TOEFL Result
Computer diploma certificate
Personal bank statement

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: Rijo and all, use the link

Slimmy.......Nice link you provided. I was busy enjoying the travel experience. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by igbonerd(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
ebdib: @igbonerd there's also manhattan free online test but
It's very hard.

For simulation, powerprep is the best. They update powerprep every 3 or 4 months so the one you took is probably dated now.

Usually your score in powerprep mirrors your actual score in this way.
Your verbal score increases by 2-3
Your quantitative decreases by 1-3

Analytical writing just use Kaplan and cram their strategies. Man those guys are excellent in writing tips. Don't bother to be creative. Infact if you're creative you'll lose points. Don't form soyinka. Be as boring, prolix as possible and go straight to the point. You'll get at least 4.5.
Also make your essay as long as possible. Paragraph well. I recommend at least 4 heavy paragraphs with solid thesis breakdown by points

My observation and what I read from grad café.

Thanks. Clicked around in grad café but couldn't get any resource recommendation for the Analytical Writing, so your counsel is really timely. I'm indebted for that. As for the powerprep, I'd try to download the updated version as soon as I happen on a good WiFi network.

Always known Kaplan to be very explicatory in their resource materials. My GRE isn't until October so I plan to start reading (or roting) for the Analytical Writing a month before. Thanks for the heads-up, my good man. Any additional study tip would be intensely appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014: Hello House , I am new on here . and i need your candid advice . To be honest , i applied January for the US Visa and I was denied . How ever I have since asked for a new I20 from my School which i have gotten and am ready to hit the embassy again.
My first Interview in January My Sponsor was my dad . but he has since gotten a major set back as his goods was seriously seized by customs. so he is not able to sponsor me at the moment . Can My Uncle sponsor me now please and which means my Sponsor on my new ds 160 is going to change from my dad now to my Uncle . However , the sponsor details on my I20 is Family Funds.

First of all, paste ur previous interview transcript,.
Second, family funds means that any of ur family member can sponsor either father, mother, uncle, aunty, brother, sister, so long as the person has a reasonable amount in his/her account and is willing to sponsor you.
Yes your uncle can sponsor you @ this point..
Just tell the VO why your uncle is sponsoring you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
laura2014: Hello House , I am new on here . and i need your candid advice . To be honest , i applied January for the US Visa and I was denied . How ever I have since asked for a new I20 from my School which i have gotten and am ready to hit the embassy again.

Since its family fund, your uncle can be your sponsor but you have work to do by telling the VO why your uncle is sponsoring you now since you told them your dad before...

But i will advise you not to change a vital thing you once filled in your first interview but add to it

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.