Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454628 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 3:05am On Oct 31, 2013
Please NL,which site do I go to if I want to pay my SEVIS fee and also my VISA APPLLICATION fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:35am On Oct 31, 2013
gbopee: Please NL,which site do I go to if I want to pay my SEVIS fee and also my VISA APPLLICATION fee?

You dont go to sit to pay for your SEVIS fee or Visa application fee.

You can pay your SEVIS fee in 2 different ways either in USA through someone who can pay for you via Western union or Money order or you you go to seme border and pay it yourself. If you need info on how to pay sevis fee through seme border, just check and read page 33 of this part 5 thread and you will see it there cos someone posted it some hours ago.

You can pay your visa fee at any GT Bank nationwide in Nigeria and after your make your payment you will be given a receipt with a code printed on it. After that you go to this site cgifederal.secure.force.com and register as a new user and use the code printed on your receipt to activate your payment and book date for you interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:36am On Oct 31, 2013
gbopee: Please NL, which site do I go to if I want to pay my SEVIS fee and also my VISA APPLLICATION fee?

@Bold: just answered in the previous page. You don't need a site to pay visa application fee. Just walk to any GTBank close to you and make the payment - #26,400.

Visit this link http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ to book an appointment after getting your MRV from GTB.

All da best grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FIZIK: 4:05am On Oct 31, 2013
shocked shocked shocked Page 34 of Thread 5... Time really flies in Aggieland.
Wishing you all intending students favour and luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:48am On Oct 31, 2013
FIZIK: shocked shocked shocked Page 34 of Thread 5... Time really flies in Aggieland.

Amen oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:41am On Oct 31, 2013
OjaP:

You don't want to renew it in Canada?
How can he enter canada without canadian visa, cos of confuse here bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:42am On Oct 31, 2013
FIZIK: shocked shocked shocked Page 34 of Thread 5... Time really flies in Aggieland.
Amen, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Walspring:

Amen oooooo
How are u doing, thanks for the other day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 31, 2013
A-town:

I don't need to be a Judge. It was BAD Advice. PERIOD. he has denials already and you want him to go back for spring. Please tell me what can possibly change between now and spring. As far as the VO is concerned, he is an intending immigrant and WILL BE DENIED AGAIN if he goes as early as spring. Most people who go back early after a denial and get approved only got it probably as a result of an earlier VOs error/discretion. In this case, he's been tagged as unqualified. I hate to be blunt but the truth is the odds of getting that visa will beclose to 0.5% should he decide to go back too early. WAIT till at least Fall 2014.
Again this is [b]just my opinion [/b]and you may choose to ignore or lesrn from it.

Since you know it's just your opionion, why do you choose to discredit that of another person? Why didn't you just drop your so called opinion without referring to my own opinion as bad?
Ewwwwwwww! You clearly can't find your a+ss with two hands and you are here giving cockiness a bad name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 31, 2013
kofsy:

Since you know it's just your opionion, why do you choose to discredit that of another person? Why didn't you just drop your opinion without referring to my own opinion as bad?
Ewwwwwwww! You clearly can't find your a+ss with two hands and you are here giving cockiness a bad name.

It still is my opinion and I feel I owe it to the guy to tell him the truth. He has two denials and you want him to rush back there to get a third denial. Bad advice does not mean you are a bad person, it simply means you gave wrong advice. Anyway, the reason I stopped commenting on the original/first U.S thread is because of issues like this. I tell it as it is. I don't give people false hope. The reason he's been denied has nothing to do with his answers. He is in the best position to determine that. I asked a question earlier which everyone seems to ignore. If going for undergrad, your age is very important.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Hello guys,

Please How genuine is this website for flight - www.usairways.com

I intend purchasing my flight ticket from JFK NewYork to Minnesota. Their flight ticket is veryy cheap. Got flight from JFK NewYork to Minnesota in their website for $205.

I have been reading lots of reviews about em on the internet and peeps have been complaining about their poor service, delay of flight e.t.c

Pls whoever has used them before should pls shed more light on this. OR if anyone here can recommend any other better airline I could take from JFK NewYork to Minnesota and cheaper one like this, please drop your views, I strongly appreciate. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2013
A-town:

It still is my opinion and I feel I owe it to the guy to tell him the truth. He has two denials and you want him to rush back there to get a third denial. Bad advice does not mean you are a bad person, it simply means you gave wrong advice. Anyway, the reason I stopped commenting on the original/first U.S thread is because of issues like this. I tell it as it is. I don't give people false hope. The reason he's been denied has nothing to do with his answers. He is in the best position to determine that. I asked a question earlier which everyone seems to ignore. If going for undergrad, your age is very important.
i think is 17 years old, there is no point in arguing bro. we are here to help each other.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2013
kofsy:

Since you know it's just your opionion, why do you choose to discredit that of another person? Why didn't you just drop your so called opinion without referring to my own opinion as bad?
just let it go my dear sister.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ahmedbrown: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Pls guys I need assistant, i want to pay for an application fee to a US school, but the only available option adopted by the school is either paying through money order or check drawn on a US bank. Pls i need an advise on how to go about the payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 31, 2013
gbopee: hmmm....really sorry about that!the LORD that changed Joseph's story within a second.will do urs....just don't give up.....U will have the best laugh last...the Lord is ur strength.

smiley Thanks Sis! God bless..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2013
A-town:

Thanks so much bro! I appreciate ur concern. I'm just 17
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2013
Amefrica:

Thanks so much bro! I appreciate ur concern. I'm just 17

You can try Canada,bro.Kunsoft has moved on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2013
Walspring:

For the bold 1

FYI you didnt read is question and maybe you should just go back and read it again because school cant transfer student sevis fee for them, they can only release or transfer student sevis record. You can only transfer your sevis if you have not received a visa or if you are visa exempt and have not applied for non-immigrant status at the POE, you can apply the SEVIS I-901 fee that you already paid to another Form I-20 or DS-2019 and if you meet the basic rules for reapplying fees.

The basic rules for moving a SEVIS I-901 fee payment between SEVIS ID numbers are:

1, The SEVIS I-901 fee must be moved between SEVIS ID numbers for the same individual
2, An additional SEVIS I-901 fee is not required (For more information, see the section, Do I pay the fee?)
3, The SEVIS I-901 fee amount for the new school or program must be less than or equal to the SEVIS I-901 fee already paid (see the Fee Amount Chart)
4, Only the student or exchange visitor may request the move

For the bold 2

There is a difference between transferring sevis fee and sevis record, Amefrica only asked if ''the SEVIS fee valid for other school or I'm going to pay another one after I gt an admission.'' I dont think a student can use a sevis number issued to him/her by Texas state university if he/she later got admitted into University of California which am sure is not possible.

Source -- http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq7.htm#_Toc81222150 (transfer of sevis fee)

You can also check the link below;

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm#_Toc174419532 (Transfers for F-1 Students )

Even if it was cal state uni that issued him an i-20, it's got the sevis number, alaskan state uni can issue you thr's with the same sevis number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
kofsy:

smiley Thanks so much sister Kofsy! All is well..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2013
ferdimako:

You can try Canada,bro.Kunsoft has moved on.

Wow! After the 4th time? I'm happy he moved on. Is he in Canada already?

Abt trying Canada embarassed I'm very familiar with US processing, I can't imagine myself starting all over again. How does it work? Gimme d link lemme check it out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2013
shynepapin101:

Even if it was cal state uni that issued him an i-20, it's got the sevis number, alaskan state uni can issue you thr's with the same sevis number.

Really?! You answered my question already. Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Femicrux: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm preparing to write my GRE in December. Looking at Fall 2014 for masters admission. Not really decided on any school yet. Pls, who knows of good schools in US or Canada who offer international students scholarships (not necessarily full) or assistantship positions based on GRE scores?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Anybody with SAT material(s)? I need to prepare..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by uobot: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
hello house, is it advisable to go for post Baccalaureate in the states? wat are my chances of a 26yrs getting a visa for that? cos my Bsc cgpa was too low to do masters direct. and do i need to write GRE or SAT in addition to toefl? i dont wanna waste my time and money with this usa embassy people.

pls advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
shynepapin101:

Oh... I dont know about that maybe you should enlighten us more on that and share a link/source for us to have more knowledge on that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Femicrux: Hey guys,

I'm preparing to write my GRE in December. Looking at Fall 2014 for masters admission. Not really decided on any school yet. Pls, who knows of good schools in US or Canada who offer international students scholarships (not necessarily full) or assistantship positions based on GRE scores?

Thanks.

Hi Femi, it would be an arduous task to specifically give you names of ''good schools'' as you didn't state your stats.

The best approach is to peruse individual graduate program's website. The availability and requirement for assistantships are usually stated on such websites. However, if any of such information is ambiguous, you can contact the program coordinator directly.

Good luck with the 'infamous' GRE. You might want to start from here:

petersons.com/graduate-schools.aspx
gradschools.com/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
kunlebal:
How are u doing, thanks for the other day

Am cool and lets thank God oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
Walspring:

Oh... I dont know about that maybe you should enlighten us more on that and share a link/source for us to have more knowledge on that..

Google is your friend, most schools have the procedure posted there on their international student page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by uobot: 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
uobot: hello house, is it advisable to go for post Baccalaureate in the states? wat are my chances of a 26yrs getting a visa for that? cos my Bsc cgpa was too low to do masters direct. and do i need to write GRE or SAT in addition to toefl? i dont wanna waste my time and money with this usa embassy people.

pls advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by webstradamus: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys,

Please How genuine is this website for flight - www.usairways.com

I intend purchasing my flight ticket from JFK NewYork to Minnesota. Their flight ticket is veryy cheap. Got flight from JFK NewYork to Minnesota in their website for $205.

I have been reading lots of reviews about em on the internet and peeps have been complaining about their poor service, delay of flight e.t.c

Pls whoever has used them before should pls shed more light on this. OR if anyone here can recommend any other better airline I could take from JFK NewYork to Minnesota and cheaper one like this, please drop your views, I strongly appreciate. Thanks.

US Air is genuine. Delays happen with every airline especially during winter when you will be arriving. But hey, whats the hurry? I found Sun Country for $140 on Kayak so you might want to check that out. One thing you must understand though is that you have to pay for checked-in luggage outside of the airfare (and this is the norm for domestic flights).

Regarding the other issue, I spoke to the guy and I should get some feedback soon. Will reply your email then.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
kunlebal:
i think is 17 years old, there is no point in arguing bro. we are here to help each other.

We are not arguing. Just voicing our concerns so others can learn from it. I'm sure she knows I meant no harm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
Amefrica:

Wow! After the 4th time? I'm happy he moved on. Is he in Canada already?

Abt trying Canada embarassed I'm very familiar with US processing, I can't imagine myself starting all over again. How does it work? Gimme d link lemme check it out.

He is awaiting TRV, has done medicals, so 90% certain of being granted. Go to their thread and have a feel. There is nothing self-defeating like the bold.Learn to move on.......it's like asking a lady out, if she always refuses, you must move on and sometimes get to know a much better person. I am not saying you should abandon your US school ambition but bring in another option to cushion the effects of these denials.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.