Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454785 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:30am On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: it is not the sending I'm scared of, it is the recieving
why don't you send it first(Nipost) and use courier to receive it. so that you will not end up waiting forever for your I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

I once told you that its is possible and i gave links for u to check how u can transfer the sevis payment. Try and check previous page u will see it there

Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: it is not the sending I'm scared of, it is the recieving

You will surely receive it provided the document get to Abuja. The post office/courier will locate your aunty/sister's house. If i may ask is your school going to send it via courier or USPS or post office?

Aslo i will advice u to write your full address in the address 1 and address 2 section including the city and state before u fill city and state

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Amefrica:

Thanks bro!

Lets give the thanks to capital GOD

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2013
kunlebal:
why don't you send it first(Nipost) and use courier to receive it. so that you will not end up waiting forever for your I-20
could you please elaborate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

You will surely receive it provided the document get to Abuja. The post office/courier will locate your aunty/sister's house. If i may ask is your school going to send it via courier or USPS or post office?

Aslo i will advice u to write your full address in the address 1 and address 2 section including the city and state before u fill city and state
I don't understand the bolded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: I don't understand the bolded

The form you are filling will have address 1, address 2, city , state, zipcode and country.

Address 1 - No 3 goodluck street
Address 2 - off hospital road, garki, Abuja
City - Garki
state - Abuja
zipcode 23409
Nigeria

You can see what i wrote above, i filled my city and state in address 2 so that the person that will deliver the document will be able to locate my street address in a case where they have more than one goodluck ave in different garki/cities, the person will quick note that my address is close to hospital road that is in garki..

I hope u understand me now but If u dont pm me with ur address, city, state and zipcode i will help u arrange it wella!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: could you please elaborate
if am not wrong, you are filling your application and they ask you for zip code right. to my best of knowledge zip code is not important you can skip it, if is an online application and you cant skip it write 234. what matters is your full address. by the time they want to send your I-20, your school will ask you to confirm your address on it before sending it. the courier is this, you can pay them for courier services or you do pick up for yourself either by TNT, Fedex n co.
i hope this help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2013
kunlebal:
if am not wrong, you are filling your application and they ask you for zip code right. to my best of knowledge zip code is not important you can skip it, if is an online application and you cant skip it write 234. what matters is your full address. by the time they want to send your I-20, your school will ask you to confirm your address on it before sending it. the courier is this, you can pay them for courier services or you do pick up for yourself either by TNT, Fedex n co.
i hope this help.
...and this is normally done around what stage in the application timeline?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:29am On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

The form you are filling will have address 1, address 2, city , state, zipcode and country.

Address 1 - No 3 goodluck street
Address 2 - off hospital road, garki, Abuja
City - Garki
state - Abuja
zipcode 23409
Nigeria

You can see what i wrote above, i filled my city and state in address 2 so that the person that will deliver the document will be able to locate my street address in a case where they have more than one goodluck ave in different garki/cities, the person will quick note that my address is close to hospital road that is in garki..

I hope u understand me now but If u dont pm me with ur address, city, state and zipcode i will help u arrange it wella!
it's an online admission application and there is just one space for correspondence address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

Lets give the thanks to capital GOD

That reminds me, when is ur interview bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: thanks, it listed the National hospital abuja as hospital avenue, zip code 900211.

On the other hand, Nigeria business directory listed it specifically as National hospital CBD, zip code 900001...I'm confused

If I were you, I would go with the postcode listed on the NPS website I gave earlier (due to its specificity). However, you'll also be able to receive your letter should you settle for the other general postcode you had stated.

Alternatively, immediately after you have been offered an admission, you can request that your I-20 be sent through courier by contacting the international students office (you may be charged a token for courier fees). It's usually the norm in most schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
uobot: hello house, is it advisable to go for post Baccalaureate in the states? wat are my chances of a 26yrs getting a visa for that? cos my Bsc cgpa was too low to do masters direct. and do i need to write GRE or SAT in addition to toefl? i dont wanna waste my time and money with this usa embassy people wahala.

pls advice

smiley Your questions have been begging for answers since.

Well, I think BigFrancis said something on this few pages back. Your age isn't really too good for such but it is not impossible if you can convince the VO beyond any possible doubt. But please, is ur CGPA that low? The reason for my question is that if probably your last 4 semesters in school were good, you could be admitted into some masters program. It would be good if you let the ogas here know much about your academic background.

Yes. You will need to write any or both of the standardized tests if they are parts of your schools admission requirement. Also, experiences of people over time have suggested that it pays to write at least a test for the sake of the embassy.

On the whole, I think it all boils down to how finely packaged you and your application documents are. You will be fine. Do your homework very well. Bless you, sir.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: ...and this is normally done around what stage in the application timeline?
When admission as been given to you
Before they will send your I-20 to you they will ask you to confirm your name and address. what you need now is your admission first. so fill your full address there and send it oooooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by waledudu(m): 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hey guy! Just want 2 knw hw much it cost u 2 get ur i20. Ie, application, transcript evaluation, posting of documents etc...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

That reminds me, when is ur interview bro?

I havent pay for visa fee yet but i will surely update you as soon as i pick date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
Graviton: it's an online admission application and there is just one space for correspondence address

Just write the address in full inside that one space and dont include zipcode but if u like include zipcode which is 23409

Eg No 3 goodluck avenue, off hospital road Garki. Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.

I still dont understand while u emphasising much on this when u will surely get tracking number only if ur school send it via courier or usps.. Ask ur school not to send it via regular mail because tracking number does not come with that package but if the send it via courier or usps express mail u will surely get tracking and its easier for u to track and locate the item while its on transit down to Nigeria and to Abuja.

Courier fee is $100 or above $100
Usps fee is $50 or below $100
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

Just write the address in full inside that one space and dont include zipcode but if u like include zipcode which is 23409

Eg No 3 goodluck avenue, off hospital road Garki. Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.

I still dont understand while u emphasising much on this when u will surely get tracking number only if ur school send it via courier or usps.. Ask ur school not to send it via regular mail because tracking number does not come with that package but if the send it via courier or usps express mail u will surely get tracking and its easier for u to track and locate the item while its on transit down to Nigeria and to Abuja.

Courier fee is $100 or above $100
Usps fee is $50 or below $100
ME TOO TIRE OOOOOOOOOOOO shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodeplot: 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
@graviton...why not try TNT to pick it up for u in d school..quite affordable(#12,260),delivery in 3working days, rickyzozay suggested it here and I have used them. Excellent service forget... grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by YoungElohim: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Young Elohim: Good morning my brothers and sisters, i just need some help from you guys to help me understand something better, 3 years ago i apply for a U.S immigrant visa.. i went through the whole processing and everything, did my medicals.. and was ready for the next interview, at the second interview they told me my documents were under ''administrative processing'' and they would call me when the process is done.

Thank You

This thread is only for US student visa i advice you to visit this link and ask the VO your question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by YoungElohim: 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

This thread is only for US student visa i advice you to visit think link and ask the VO you question

Okay Thank You, But How Do I get to that think link? do you have a website for it or something?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
Young Elohim:

Okay Thank You, But How Do I get to that think link? do you have a website for it or something?

This is the link below and am sorry i didnt paste it in my previous post

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by YoungElohim: 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
Walspring:

This is the link below and am sorry i didnt paste it in my previous post

www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me

Thank You Very Much...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Femicrux: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
FutureDon:

Hi Femi, it would be an arduous task to specifically give you names of ''good schools'' as you didn't state your stats.

The best approach is to peruse individual graduate program's website. The availability and requirement for assistantships are usually stated on such websites. However, if any of such information is ambiguous, you can contact the program coordinator directly.

Good luck with the 'infamous' GRE. You might want to start from here:

petersons.com/graduate-schools.aspx
gradschools.com/

Thanks for the advice and the URL links. I'm looking at Mechanical Engineering. Anyone on the thread knows of schools that award graduate students scholarships or assistant positions based on GRE scores?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Young Elohim:

Thank You Very Much...

Lets thank God!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ahmedbrown: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Guys pls what is the maximum age to apply for an undergraduate in the United State Of America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 12:19am On Nov 02, 2013
ahmedbrown: Guys pls what is the maximum age to apply for an undergraduate in the United State Of America.

If you Intend going for Undergraduate Studies you must fall beween the Age range of 16 to 23.

Masters 24 and Above..

If you DON'T fall in the appropriate age range listed above for undergraduate studies; Believe me, you will need to work hard enough in convincing the VO well enough to his/her understanding why you intend going for undergrad studies @ that age when your age mates are already going for their masters, P.h.d, e.t.c..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 12:25am On Nov 02, 2013
Hello guys. Iregisterd to write GRE on 7th nov, but got a mesg frm ets dis nite
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PROMETRIC REGARDING YOUR SCHEDULED EXAM IN NIGERIA ON 11/02/2013 THRU 05/15/2014
Dear Candidate,

This message is to advise you that your test date scheduled with Prometric had to be cancelled due to the testing center being closed for administrative review. Your payment fee will be put on hold, and we will contact you in the near future to schedule a free retest.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.  

Best regards,

EMEA Reschedule Team
Prometric
Noorderwagenplein 6
8223AL Lelystad
The Netherlands                                                                                                                                       
www.prometric.com 

PLEAS

Pls, has any1 going for GRE gotten dis mail as well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2013
Walspring:

I thought google was my enemy and not friend maybe i dont know google at all Lol.. Since u google it yourself why cant u share the link in case of necessity for us to learn through ur own research.

Well maybe my own google version is old... LOL cos the last time i read about using same sevis number is when you already have your US student visa with a school and the person wanted to transfer to another which can be classified as transfering from one school to another with the same sevis number.

Anyway there is always new development but according to what ICE statement says is what i believe in and pls share ur research link that stated that a school can issue same sevis id another school had already issued to a student without the student requesting for transfer

Letting this slide. #lifeisaslideshow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 1:10am On Nov 02, 2013
Amefrica:

Ok, roger!.. Thanks so much bro! I really appreciate..

All I'm thinking is if I would pay another SEVIS fee, if I get admitted to another school..

Hey, I think you should understand by now there's no short-cut to this probs you are facing. I, too would advice you take the S.A.T. Gbam.....because even for their side them high sch ppl dey do am to enter college, com-college & university.

Changing your sch might be good, but it tells them VO's one thing, you are desperate. I wanted to ask sef, hw you sounded at your interview. Desperation is easily depicted....I read PSY & from your adventure, you seem desperate.

You have to alwaz give them a reason that you are better off being here but you're amaze with the quality, infrastructure and inter-personal relationship between the professors and student. Forget class ratio, dem sef no fit cope with population wey dey naija schs...dem go senile straight.

Send me mail....but whr I go check am, here, or my email wey I use register.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 2:49am On Nov 02, 2013
Dot1: Hello guys. Iregisterd to write GRE on 7th nov, but got a mesg frm ets dis nite
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PROMETRIC REGARDING YOUR SCHEDULED EXAM IN NIGERIA ON 11/02/2013 THRU 05/15/2014
Dear Candidate,

This message is to advise you that your test date scheduled with Prometric had to be cancelled due to the testing center being closed for administrative review. Your payment fee will be put on hold, and we will contact you in the near future to schedule a free retest.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.  

Best regards,

EMEA Reschedule Team
Prometric
Noorderwagenplein 6
8223AL Lelystad
The Netherlands                                                                                                                                       
www.prometric.com 

PLEAS

Pls, has any1 going for GRE gotten dis mail as well?

Don't fret. It happens... Am a living witness. My appointment date was rescheduled twice in early 2012 during the civil unrest (Fuel subsidy palava) in Naija. I got an identical email from prometric and the test date was rescheduled. The only problem now is they are the one to choose a date which is convenient for them not for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.