Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,852 members, 7,828,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455174 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 2:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Column one represents your years in school: begin with the first year. There is one line for
each year.

In column two and three fill in the calendar years you attended each school.

In column four write your age. Perhaps you were five years old when you entered your first year
of school, so type 5 in the appropriate column;
continue by putting your correct age for each of
the subsequent levels attended.

In column five type in the name of the level or class of each year. Use the terminology of the country where the school was located. Do not
try to translate into American terminology.

In column six type in the kind of school you attended, using the terminology of the country
where the school was located. Do not try to translate into American terminology.

In column seven type in the name of any examinations you passed or certificates you
earned at the end of the school year. For
example, if you completed secondary school at
the end of your twelfth school year, type the
name of the final document you received. Do not try to express the name of any document in.

That's one one of d pages of applytexas online application form.

pls guys, I need ur clarification concerning column five, what are d different levels in nigeria.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 2:56am On Nov 02, 2013
shynepapin101:

Hey, I think you should understand by now there's no short-cut to this probs you are facing. I, too would advice you take the S.A.T. Gbam.....because even for their side them high sch ppl dey do am to enter college, com-college & university.

Changing your sch might be good, but it tells them VO's one thing, you are desperate . I wanted to ask sef, hw you sounded at your interview. Desperation is easily depicted....I read PSY & from your adventure, you seem desperate.

You have to alwaz give them a reason that you are better off being here but you're amaze with the quality, infrastructure and inter-personal relationship between the professors and student. Forget class ratio, dem sef no fit cope with population wey dey naija schs...dem go senile straight.

Send me mail....but whr I go check am, here, or my email wey I use register.

I defer to the BOLD. On the contrary, changing to a better ranked school proves he's an ambitious student. Don't let us confuse this with desperation grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 6:05am On Nov 02, 2013
lisadem:

Don't fret. It happens... Am a living witness. My appointment date was rescheduled twice in early 2012 during the civil unrest (Fuel subsidy palava) in Naija. I got an identical email from prometric and the test date was rescheduled. The only problem now is they are the one to choose a date which is convenient for them not for you.
Thanks man. But dey ought to av sent dis b4 nw. Now av wasted money booking flight to lagos. On d otherhand, like hw many days notice were u given b4 ur rescheduled date? Also if u check d bolded part of my msg it was written dere dat 02/11/2013 thru 15/05/2014. I hope dis won't be d period for d admin review dey talked abt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 6:35am On Nov 02, 2013
Dot1:
Thanks man. But dey ought to av sent dis b4 nw. Now av wasted money booking flight to lagos. On d otherhand, like hw many days notice were u given b4 ur rescheduled date? Also if u check d bolded part of my msg it was written dere dat 02/11/2013 thru 15/05/2014. I hope dis won't be d period for d admin review dey talked abt.
you are welcome man. I think i got a notification of cancellation about 2 working days before the test date. i was supposed to write the test on a Monday and then i was wondering how i would go for the test because you hardly see vehicles moving on the roads. To my surprise, i got an email on a Thursday ( a week before...) from Prometric saying the test appointment was cancelled due to civil unrest and now rescheduled to another date, a week ahead. It was cancelled again and the second rescheduling took like forever #lol. not that far, a span of about a month. i was impatient and felt it was like a year because i needed not to forget all the vocabs wey i don cram cheesy

In your case, they've given you a time span and just be patient and study more while expecting their email. They will get back to you pretty soon. Hopefully, before this month runs out. SORRY ABOUT THE MONEY YOUR EXPENDED ON FLIGHT cry You gast sue them o grin .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2013
lisadem:
you are welcome man. I think i got a notification of cancellation about 2 working days before the test date. i was supposed to write the test on a Monday and then i was wondering how i would go for the test because you hardly see vehicles moving on the roads. To my surprise, i got an email on a Thursday ( a week before...) from Prometric saying the test appointment was cancelled due to civil unrest and now rescheduled to another date, a week ahead. It was cancelled again and the second rescheduling took like forever #lol. not that far, a span of about a month. i was impatient and felt it was like a year because i needed not to forget all the vocabs wey i don cram cheesy

In your case, they've given you a time span and just be patient and study more while expecting their email. They will get back to you pretty soon. Hopefully, before this month runs out. SORRY ABOUT THE MONEY YOUR EXPENDED ON FLIGHT cry You gast sue them o grin .
I dey tell you. I just hope dey reach me bck soon, so i can knw if itz best to start sending my docs to d schs am applying to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2013
lisadem:

I defer to the BOLD. On the contrary, changing to a better ranked school proves he's an ambitious student. Don't let us confuse this with desperation grin

Lisadem, you are right on this one. Though it's a two way thing, if he changes, then it's definitely going to be for Fall' 14.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2013
Dot1: Hello guys. Iregisterd to write GRE on 7th nov, but got a mesg frm ets dis nite
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PROMETRIC REGARDING YOUR SCHEDULED EXAM IN NIGERIA ON 11/02/2013 THRU 05/15/2014
Dear Candidate,

This message is to advise you that your test date scheduled with Prometric had to be cancelled due to the testing center being closed for administrative review. Your payment fee will be put on hold, and we will contact you in the near future to schedule a free retest.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.  

Best regards,

EMEA Reschedule Team
Prometric
Noorderwagenplein 6
8223AL Lelystad
The Netherlands                                                                                                                                       
www.prometric.com 

PLEAS

Pls, has any1 going for GRE gotten dis mail as well?

from ur post above, it looks like till 15 May next year b4 GRE exams can hold... or what do u think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by BannyE: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2013
Please house, can anyone tell me my chances of using DeVry University and Keller Graduate school of management as my school of choice? And also how reliable it is in using it to get visa.

Pls, i need urgent answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
idalex:

from ur post above, it looks like till 15 May next year b4 GRE exams can hold... or what do u think?
Datz d fear. So Fall, 2014 hopefuls dat are yet to write d test myt nt be able to apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
shynepapin101:

Hey, I think you should understand by now there's no short-cut to this probs you are facing. I, too would advice you take the S.A.T. Gbam.....because even for their side them high sch ppl dey do am to enter college, com-college & university.

Changing your sch might be good, but it tells them VO's one thing, you are desperate. I wanted to ask sef, hw you sounded at your interview. Desperation is easily depicted....I read PSY & from your adventure, you seem desperate.

You have to alwaz give them a reason that you are better off being here but you're amaze with the quality, infrastructure and inter-personal relationship between the professors and student. Forget class ratio, dem sef no fit cope with population wey dey naija schs...dem go senile straight.

Send me mail....but whr I go check am, here, or my email wey I use register.

Thanks bro! You've got mail. Check the email u used to register on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ahmedbrown: 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

If you Intend going for Undergraduate Studies you must fall beween the
Age range of 16 to 23.

Masters 24 and Above..

If you DON'T fall in the appropriate age range listed above for
undergraduate studies; Believe me, you will need to work hard enough in
convincing the VO well enough to his/her understanding why you intend
going for undergrad studies @ that age when your age mates are already
going for their masters, P.h.d, e.t.c..

Thanks Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
BannyE: Please house, can anyone tell me my chances of using DeVry University and Keller Graduate school of management as my school of choice? And also how reliable it is in using it to get visa.

Pls, i need urgent answer

Devry & keller will get you nothing but denial. They are not schools, so look for better ones. Americans also know them to be mushroom schools for people who are not fully into studying.

Don't fall victim of gullibility!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
shynepapin101:

Letting this slide. #lifeisaslideshow.

Hmmmmmm.. Hahahhaha. Bro you too funny no be small
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

Devry & keller will get you nothing but denial. They are not schools, so look for better ones. Americans also know them to be mushroom schools for people who are not fully into studying.

Don't fall victim of gullibility!

I sent you email last week do u get it? Pls reply!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
Walspring:

Sorry, the week schedule was tight for me but I will check my email now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Walspring:

I'm waiting for your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
If this is completely accurate, then I really feel for guys who have already scheduled an appointment to take their test at First logic. It's even more disheartening that some folks are applying to schools with a deadline as early as December 15 sad

If you are yet to register or looking to reschedule, I suggest you go with Whizbro's advice. I can't imagine traveling as far as Ghana to take the infamous GRE. We need more prometric centers in Nigeria mehn!!

I'm surprised that prometric just found out, there has always been impersonation going on at that Oba Akran center lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
FutureDon:

If I were you, I would go with the postcode listed on the NPS website I gave earlier (due to its specificity). However, you'll also be able to receive your letter should you settle for the other general postcode you had stated.

Alternatively, immediately after you have been offered an admission, you can request that your I-20 be sent through courier by contacting the international students office (you may be charged a token for courier fees). It's usually the norm in most schools.
thanks, will do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
bodeplot: @graviton...why not try TNT to pick it up for u in d school..quite affordable(#12,260),delivery in 3working days, rickyzozay suggested it here and I have used them. Excellent service forget... grin
thanks, i will check it out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Walspring:

Just write the address in full inside that one space and dont include zipcode but if u like include zipcode which is 23409

Eg No 3 goodluck avenue, off hospital road Garki. Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.

I still dont understand while u emphasising much on this when u will surely get tracking number only if ur school send it via courier or usps.. Ask ur school not to send it via regular mail because tracking number does not come with that package but if the send it via courier or usps express mail u will surely get tracking and its easier for u to track and locate the item while its on transit down to Nigeria and to Abuja.

Courier fee is $100 or above $100
Usps fee is $50 or below $100
it is actually more complex than you've put it but thanks anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
kunlebal:
ME TOO TIRE OOOOOOOOOOOO shocked
i just needed practical information, no be bad tin na!grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
A question, why is it that many Chinese students usually ace the GRE and their English is below standard? How do they pass the verbal aspect?

Power of Test Center Administrator (TCA) I guess.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
imperiouxx: A question, why is it that many Chinese students usually ace the GRE and their English is below standard? How do they pass the verbal aspect?

Power of Test Center Administrator (TCA) I guess.

Juju tins... cheesy'cheesy'cheesy'cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Juju tins... cheesy'cheesy'cheesy'cheesy

They are also cheats. angry angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

Damn! This is ugly and sad! cry cry cry

It was high time.....corruption got in the way. I heard and I saw it.With my tiny 76......you see folks with 102 that do not know how to use a verb and a noun.This is how WAEC and NECO exams are already.A year 1 computer science student can't handle calculus!

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.