Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454627 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2014
Congrats 2 all the New approvals. Welcome 2 d challenge of Realities!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MrRoYCe(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2014
Anybody in SJSU or have applied there.....Wanna apply there...Wanna know if still going to pay for shipping for my I-20 or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm patiently watching but confidently seeking admission in a new school. With God ALL things are made possible. I've got my visa so I can travel anytime I want to.

How are your plans holding up?

you CANNOT travel ANYTIME you want to!
conditions of the class of visa need to have changed/met.
Do not forget it is not a US passport/PR card that you got it is a Student visa yet to be ''activated''
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 9:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Mehn the stress in getting an I-20 alone ehn...would be swift if u had someone in the states
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Kpimp: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2014
osahons9:

We are together in the struggle. GOD GO DO AM FOR US.

Amen o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:56am On Aug 07, 2014
Visa denied today @ lag emb.
VO: hi
Me: good morning sir
VO: how are you?
Me: fine thank you
VO: why do you desire to study in the US
Me: I found out that US has the best education system in the world compared to other universities.
VO; did you fill your application yourself?
Me: yes sir
VO: You sure?
Me: Yeah.
VO: when did you finish high school?
Me: 2012
VO: why do you wanna study computer science?
Me: I have always wanted to study computer science way back in secondary school and I want to learn how to design and program softwares to help companies and business in Nigeria.
VO: where do you work?
Me: Bleep limted
VO: how long?
Me: 2years now
VO; *types for ages* what are you gonna do in school.
Me: *didnt quite understand* said I submitted my waec and toelf result to get admitted.
VO: no I mean, what are you gonna do in school? Have you registered for classes?
Me: no, I will register upon arrival.
VO: Do you have a relative in the US
Me: I have an uncle in the states
VO: where does he reside?
Me: New Jersey
VO: what kind of classes are you gonna take in studying computer science?
ME: *question took me off balance* I have not registered for classes yet, so I am not sure of the classes I will be taking in school.
VO: *types again for ages* who is paying?
Me: Bleep ltd
VO: the company where you work?
Me: yes
VO: *types again for ages* am sorry your application does not qualify for a visa.
Me: *laughed a bit* said thanks and left.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2014
domex007: Visa denied today @ lag emb.
Me: I found out that US has the best education system in the world compared to other universities.
Me: I have always wanted to study computer science way back in secondary school and I want to learn how to design and program softwares to help companies and business in Nigeria.
Me: *didnt quite understand* said I submitted my waec and toelf result to get admitted.
VO: no I mean, what are you gonna do in school? Have you registered for classes?
ME: *question took me off balance* I have not registered for classes yet, so I am not sure of the classes I will be taking in school.
VO: *types again for ages* am sorry your application does not qualify for a visa.
domex007......am so so sorry for ur visa delay. I can feel ur pians right now, u didn't give d VO convincing response enough to get the Visa, I guess u were ova anxious. Srry once again and repackage urself.......with God ALL things are possiblem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2014
ME: *question took me off balance* I have not registered for classes yet, so I am not sure of the classes I will be taking in school

I'm sorry you were denied bro.. But you were more like a potential immigrant.. You lack the right vibe of communication, you did not even know the courses you'll take when you get to your school.. That's bad sir.. Even if you don't know, you could just frame up something, data structure, just say something that would encourage the VO.. Absolutely you were speaking with fear in you.. We talking about computer science here, an area where united states is probably the best country to study that course, if you have said something related to best of technology service right from your first question, the vo would have probably seen you better.. Your school would probably be resuming soon and thats why o think the vo asked if you have registered classes, if you have told him yes, with some common sense lies of course you would be taking, you would have gotten the visa, you really need to work on yourself, dedicate time to make research about your school and course, you stand a very good chance of getting the visa because you are being sponsored by a company.. Go back and hit them hard, reschedule ASAP and get your visa by HIS grace..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2014

So sorry bro. I never knew you were going for undergrad. I guess that is where the problem comes from. A company sponsoring your undergrad? That is a big red flag as it is highly suspicious. What do they stand to gain? Tell me the truth, are they actually going to pay for your undergrad or you are just using their statement as a cover up? Get a family sponsor and fire again bro. You can still make it.

Also try to familiarise yourself with a few courses from comp science in the undergrad level.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm patiently watching but confidently seeking admission in a new school. With God ALL things are made possible. I've got my visa so I can travel anytime I want to.

How are your plans holding up?
I'm porting by the end of this month 28th precisely... I wish u success in all u lay your hands bro smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2014
aekmanweb: CC + no standardized test = grace of God to get Visa. I'd strongly advise u to forfeit the visa fee and start on a solid basis.
it won't hurt him trying his luck.... 27,200 isn't chicken change
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2014
Idazbawz: it won't hurt him trying his luck.... 27,200 isn't chicken change

27200 is not worth one denial record in your visa application history.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Hmm,domex007;nwanne'm..am speechless
You've been an ardent member here,and u must have read past transcripts where.this kinda question is asked,you would had contacted your department in school regarding the courses you are meant to take during first term..i did during my time,i asked my department and i was armed with the answers ready for that kind of question from the visa officer.

One more thing,i think you should go for a sponsor like a parent,what was on the vo's mind was you worked for two years for the company and their wanting to sponsor you and above all you're going for UG.If it was your dad's company you would had said..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 07, 2014
domex007,

Sorry about that. Better luck next time. Honestly, I learnt something about your interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ceeglozzy: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2014
i am so so happy. thanks to y'all for the advice and suggestions i got from this forum. my visa was approved last friday and i'm porting soon... illinois, here i come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2014
Domex007
I'm really sorry about your denial.... again??

You should have known the courses you are going for before hitting d embassy..
Also, will your company sponsor you for the 4-5 yrs u are gonna stay in d US??

Your parents should stand as sponsor... this mistake might even affect your next interview... you can't even make your parents yur sponsor again, except other relatives... like uncle.

I which u success in your next trial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 07, 2014
ceeglozzy: i am so so happy. thanks to y'all for the advice and suggestions i got from this forum. my visa was approved last friday and i'm porting soon... illinois, here i come.
cheesy cheesy cheesy Cool. Please post your transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lalla89: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2014
Sorry domex07 for your denial,reaply God will do it for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2014
ceeglozzy: i am so so happy. thanks to y'all for the advice and suggestions i got from this forum. my visa was approved last friday and i'm porting soon... illinois, here i come.

Congrats.. But 'Thanks' alone is not enough. Post your transcripts so that others can learn from it too. That is the ritual here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2014
Joenice: domex007,

Sorry about that. Better luck next time. Honestly, I learnt something about your interview.

Pls tell us what your learnt so that others can learn from it as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2014
juntod:

Pls tell us what your learnt so that others can learn from it as well.
OK. I learnt that it is important to register for classes before going for an interview especially when resumption is fast-approaching and of course note down some of the courses to be taken.

From his interview, somehow, I observed that the VO wanted to approve his visa but when he saw Domex didn't know some courses he has to take at the university, he thought otherwise, felt disappointed and denied him. It's quite unfortunate.

An applicant who does not know some of his or her courses at the university, cannot be taken as a serious student. That's the gospel truth!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 11:36am On Aug 07, 2014
Me: I found out that US has the best education system in the world compared to other universities (THIS IS NICE COULD AV BEEN DEEPER).
VO: You sure? ( am sure a bit of skeptimism came up here)
ME: *question took me off balance* I have not registered for classes yet, so I am not sure of the classes I will be taking in school (CHAI, I FELT LIKE CRYING HERE, LESSON 4EVERYONE HIA PLS).

Honestly, domex you are one guy I have been silently praying for, i dnt knw why, oga re-fire and get this wonderful thinggy. I wnt stop praying for you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 11:38am On Aug 07, 2014

1. Get a family sponsorship
2. Know ur courses, it shows u really going for studies.
3. u obviously went prepared for certain questions. go ready 2 answer any type of question. don't underate d Powa of mock interviews, am sure u had non.
4. kill tension, read all the transcripts on dis forum.
5. Tell it to God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 11:45am On Aug 07, 2014
VO: Good morning.
I : Morning

VO: I can see you both have running visiting visas.
Myself and my wife: Yes

VO: Why did you choose the school?
I: because it's ranked 12th in.....

VO: cuts me short. It's not all about ranking.
I: Yes, it has a good international body.

VO: How long have you been working?
I: nine years, took a break for a year for my master's degree.

VO: that makes sense.

VO: to my wife: what would you be doing?
My wife: well, since I would be on an F2 visa, I cannot take up proper classes, I intend to register for vocation courses like cooking international dishes.

VO: I hope you havent registered for any courses in the school.
My Wife: No I can't because of my visa status.

VO: who is sponsoring?
I: My employer

VO: So you would be coming back?
My wife: Smiles and says definitely, with that face that says "why won't we?"

VO: Have they given you any papers?
I: Yes. I hand him the letter and statement. I attached a cheque of my full fees in front of the letter.

VO: sees the cheque and says, you haven't cashed the cheque.
I: no

VO: hands back our I-20s. Explains that our visa has been approved and that our B1/B2 won't be canceled. We should be careful to shoe the immigration officer the right visa when entering.

I am so grateful to God and to everyone on the forum for all your daily contribution.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2014

So sorry for your denial.
Your answers were not convincing at all.
I want to believe you were nervous...but as someone who is conversant with this thread it should've helped somewhat.

I believe you have an overview of how a US student visa interview goes by virtue of the fact that you're a regular here. When you respond to VO's questions,you do so with POINTS and not just one vague response.

PM some guru's here so they can personally help you prepare for your next interview.

A lot of folks on here usually tell applicants who couldn't get their visa's to "Repackage" themselves... Trust me,they know what they're talking about. Ask them to help you repackage and im sure you'll get it the next time. I'm saying all this from the little experience I gat.

Don't you worry about this refusal. Let it give you the necessary strenght and courage you need to prepare.

Don't despair and relent.

I'll PM you.
...Take it easy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2014
Hi guys,  Just got my visa at Lagos embassy today, between 7:55am and 8:00am.
I just want to thank God. He’s been faithful.
Transcript below:
VO: Student visa?
Me:  Yes
VO:  Do you have friends and family in Maryland?
Me:  No. VO:  How did find the school?
Me: I searched the internet based on Curriculum. I want a MIS that addresses the features of IT Business Analysis.
VO: How exactly did you search?
Me: I searched for MS MIS and looked through the curriculum, to see if it’s got Business Process Management, Requirements Gathering and Documentation, Software Structures(VO cuts in)
VO: When did you finish your BSc?
Me: 2005
VO:  What school did you graduate from?
Me: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
VO: What have you been doing? What do you do now?
Me: I work as an IT Officer
VO: What are your job roles?
Me: Web Content Management, Social Media Management, Software testing(VO nods)
VO: Who is paying?
Me: My Husband
VO: How long have you been married?
Me: Three and a half years
VO: Kids?
Me: None yet
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No
VO: Has your husband been to the US before?
Me:  No
VO: What is the duration of the course?
Me: Two and a half years
VO: Why do you want to leave your husband for that long?
Me: The first three years of our marriage was for his studies, he is also a project accountant, So it’s my turn now.(VO nods)
VO: Where will you be staying?
Me: On Campus
VO: What kind of occupants? Graduate students? International students?
Me: Female, graduate students and freshman
VO: Are you going to have a room mate?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you know who your room mate is already?
Me: No(VO smiles, I smile too)
VO: Your Visa has been approved, pick up your visa here, I will give you your I20 and SEVIS receipt, make you travel with it. (VO smiles)
Me: Thank you very much (I walk away promptly)
pNo documents requested for, I just thank God Again, its God, God, God, then do your part.

Thanks juntod, Idazbawz for helping out.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 11:49am On Aug 07, 2014
juntod:

Congrats.. But 'Thanks' alone is not enough. Post your transcripts so that others can learn from it too. That is the ritual here.

Nice. Illinois? What university? I would be attending Northwestern and just got my visa approved today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2014

Congratulations!!!!
Honour us with you transcript

#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2014
Visa denied Yesterday. I was so sad and cried that I couldn't even visit Nairaland.

This is my Second time .
First was in January and i deferred till Fall and my school resumes 25th of AUGUST .

V.O(One bald guy) sorry we have spoken before , I cannot do the interview again , I have to give to my other colleague . go and seat down.

then while seated , i watched him give my documents to another V.O

v.o mornin

me morning how are you today ?

v.o fine , why are you going to the USA ?

me to have my master degree in accounting at the university of illinois

v.o why this school ?

me after extensive research on us news and princeton ,i discovered uis is highly ranked being the second best regional university out of the 28 regional universities in the mid west region of 12 state and also, it also has a good faculty ratio of 12.1 which gives un interrupted acess to professors and also the curricum suites my new job title which i would resume upon completion of my course most especially the new course ACC 511 (research and analysis in accounting which is just introduced into the curriculum )which is also the reason i choose uis over the other schools i applied too

v.o nod heads saying okay okay

v.o so you have a job you would be resuming.

me yes and i already have the offer letter to resume upon completion of my course .

v.o whats the name of the company and what do they do ?

me . told him the name and what they do ..

v.o who is sponsoring you .

me .my uncle . he is CEO .bla bla bla

v.o why is your uncle sponsoring you ?
he is my god father ,because he was responsible for my undergraduate and made a promise to me if i do well he will send me for my master degree so he is keeping to his promise cos i did well with a 2"1 and he has also made any promise because i secured my offer letter through him so i just have to do well in my master which i am serious prepared for .

v.o why is your dad not sponsoring you ?

now please remember i told you i changed sponsor .it was my dad initially ? but right now he is not capable cos he has some set back since februry and he is still on it . thats the only thing i changed from my ds 160 and except from the fact that i already re-signed from my work and am unemplyed now but i have offer letter from a new oil and gas company as a senior accountant upon completion of my course.

i wasnt expecting the question but i noticed the V.O saw that i changed sponsor.(but family funds is on my i20)
so i said

me my dad would be contributing for me monthly .on a basic salary for my needs .

v.o WHAT DOES he do ?

me told him ??

he then gave me the stupid blue paper againa saying i am not eligible..

me . inside my mind , oloshi .

i left. No document was requested for . so i probably should have retained my sponsor as my father. but who can actually say if a VO will check docs or none . no one. so please understand where am coming from. thanks.

now .please what is my offense. have i raised red flag changing sponsor ? its still within the family fund context tho . i just didnt want to risk going with a low statement or fake account was why i had to change sponsor. .
cos my uncle account was 7 m . original from bank .

now . my school resumes august 25 .
can i re apply ? please gurus help me .
i already paid visa fee . and saw next date to me august 16 .
but i so do not wish to go to that lagos again,
am thinking of going to abj but next date is september 25. can i take abuja and ask for emergency appointment. ?

please help me with errors as well as what to do .
please god bless you all.

to those that got their visas. the lord will go with you . to those that we have been delayed again. God will fight for us

thanks as i await your correspondences

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
kennyzita: Hi guys,  Just got my visa at Lagos embassy today, between 7:55am and 8:00am.
I just want to thank God. He’s been faithful.
Transcript below:
VO: Student visa?
Me:  Yes
VO:  Do you have friends and family in Maryland?
Me:  No. VO:  How did find the school?
Me: I searched the internet based on Curriculum. I want a MIS that addresses the features of IT Business Analysis.
VO: How exactly did you search?
Me: I searched for MS MIS and looked through the curriculum, to see if it’s got Business Process Management, Requirements Gathering and Documentation, Software Structures(VO cuts in)
VO: When did you finish your BSc?
Me: 2005
VO:  What school did you graduate from?
Me: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
VO: What have you been doing? What do you do now?
Me: I work as an IT Officer
VO: What are your job roles?
Me: Web Content Management, Social Media Management, Software testing(VO nods)
VO: Who is paying?
Me: My Husband
VO: How long have you been married?
Me: Three and a half years
VO: Kids?
Me: None yet
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No
VO: Has your husband been to the US before?
Me:  No
VO: What is the duration of the course?
Me: Two and a half years
VO: Why do you want to leave your husband for that long?
Me: The first three years of our marriage was for his studies, he is also a project accountant, So it’s my turn now.(VO nods)
VO: Where will you be staying?
Me: On Campus
VO: What kind of occupants? Graduate students? International students?
Me: Female, graduate students and freshman
VO: Are you going to have a room mate?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you know who your room mate is already?
Me: No(VO smiles, I smile too)
VO: Your Visa has been approved, pick up your visa here, I will give you your I20 and SEVIS receipt, make you travel with it. (VO smiles)
Me: Thank you very much (I walk away promptly)
pNo documents requested for, I just thank God Again, its God, God, God, then do your part.

Thanks juntod, Idazbawz for helping out.

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Joenice: OK. I learnt that it is important to register for classes before going for an interview especially when resumption is fast-approaching and of course note down some of the courses to be taken.

From his interview, somehow, I observed that the VO wanted to approve his visa but when he saw Domex didn't know some courses he has to take at the university, he thought otherwise, felt disappointed and denied him. It's quite unfortunate.

An applicant who does not know some of his or her courses at the university, cannot be taken as a serious student. That's the gospel truth!!

I agree with you a 100% Joenice.

I gonna talk about something some applicants do which I feel it doesn't do any good in the long run.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
pixietop: VO: Good morning.
I : Morning

VO: I can see you both have running visiting visas.
Myself and my wife: Yes

VO: Why did you choose the school?
I: because it's ranked 12th in.....

VO: cuts me short. It's not all about ranking.
I: Yes, it has a good international body.

VO: How long have you been working?
I: nine years, took a break for a year for my master's degree.

VO: that makes sense.

VO: to my wife: what would you be doing?
My wife: well, since I would be on an F2 visa, I cannot take up proper classes, I intend to register for vocation courses like cooking international dishes.

VO: I hope you havent registered for any courses in the school.
My Wife: No I can't because of my visa status.

VO: who is sponsoring?
I: My employer

VO: So you would be coming back?
My wife: Smiles and says definitely, with that face that says "why won't we?"

VO: Have they given you any papers?
I: Yes. I hand him the letter and statement. I attached a cheque of my full fees in front of the letter.

VO: sees the cheque and says, you haven't cashed the cheque.
I: no

VO: hands back our I-20s. Explains that our visa has been approved and that our B1/B2 won't be canceled. We should be careful to shoe the immigration officer the right visa when entering.

I am so grateful to God and to everyone on the forum for all your daily contribution.

Congratulations to you an your Wife.
When your wife start that cooking lesson, be sure to invite NL'ERS in the area to dinner. grin

#Bless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.