Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454583 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
laura2014: Visa denied Yesterday. I was so sad and cried that I couldn't even visit Nairaland.

This is my Second time .
First was in January and i deferred till Fall and my school resumes 25th of AUGUST .

V.O(One bald guy) sorry we have spoken before , I cannot do the interview again , I have to give to my other colleague . go and seat down.

then while seated , i watched him give my documents to another V.O

v.o mornin

me morning how are you today ?

v.o fine , why are you going to the USA ?

me to have my master degree in accounting at the university of illinois

v.o why this school ?

me after extensive research on us news and princeton ,i discovered uis is highly ranked being the second best regional university out of the 28 regional universities in the mid west region of 12 state and also, it also has a good faculty ratio of 12.1 which gives un interrupted acess to professors and also the curricum suites my new job title which i would resume upon completion of my course most especially the new course ACC 511 (research and analysis in accounting which is just introduced into the curriculum )which is also the reason i choose uis over the other schools i applied too

v.o nod heads saying okay okay

v.o so you have a job you would be resuming.

me yes and i already have the offer letter to resume upon completion of my course .

v.o whats the name of the company and what do they do ?

me . told him the name and what they do ..

v.o who is sponsoring you .

me .my uncle . he is CEO .bla bla bla

v.o why is your uncle sponsoring you ?
he is my god father ,because he was responsible for my undergraduate and made a promise to me if i do well he will send me for my master degree so he is keeping to his promise cos i did well with a 2"1 and he has also made any promise because i secured my offer letter through him so i just have to do well in my master which i am serious prepared for .

v.o why is your dad not sponsoring you ?

now please remember i told you i changed sponsor .it was my dad initially ? but right now he is not capable cos he has some set back since februry and he is still on it . thats the only thing i changed from my ds 160 and except from the fact that i already re-signed from my work and am unemplyed now but i have offer letter from a new oil and gas company as a senior accountant upon completion of my course.

i wasnt expecting the question but i noticed the V.O saw that i changed sponsor.(but family funds is on my i20)
so i said

me my dad would be contributing for me monthly .on a basic salary for my needs .

v.o WHAT DOES he do ?

me told him ??

he then gave me the stupid blue paper againa saying i am not eligible..

me . inside my mind , oloshi .

i left. No document was requested for . so i probably should have retained my sponsor as my father. but who can actually say if a VO will check docs or none . no one. so please understand where am coming from. thanks.

now .please what is my offense. have i raised red flag changing sponsor ? its still within the family fund context tho . i just didnt want to risk going with a low statement or fake account was why i had to change sponsor. .
cos my uncle account was 7 m . original from bank .

now . my school resumes august 25 .
can i re apply ? please gurus help me .
i already paid visa fee . and saw next date to me august 16 .
but i so do not wish to go to that lagos again,
am thinking of going to abj but next date is september 25. can i take abuja and ask for emergency appointment. ?

please help me with errors as well as what to do .
please god bless you all.

to those that got their visas. the lord will go with you . to those that we have been delayed again. God will fight for us

thanks as i await your correspondences

Sorry about your inability to procure your visa at this time. A loser today can be a winner tomorrow. The VO just denied you based on sponsorship so to speak. You probably ought to have gone for co-sponsor. Can the company that gave you job offer stand as your sponsor in your next interview? Can they?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
kennyzita: Hi guys,  Just got my visa at Lagos embassy today, between 7:55am and 8:00am.
I just want to thank God. He’s been faithful.
Transcript below:
VO: Student visa?
Me:  Yes
VO:  Do you have friends and family in Maryland?
Me:  No. VO:  How did find the school?
Me: I searched the internet based on Curriculum. I want a MIS that addresses the features of IT Business Analysis.
VO: How exactly did you search?
Me: I searched for MS MIS and looked through the curriculum, to see if it’s got Business Process Management, Requirements Gathering and Documentation, Software Structures(VO cuts in)
VO: When did you finish your BSc?
Me: 2005
VO:  What school did you graduate from?
Me: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
VO: What have you been doing? What do you do now?
Me: I work as an IT Officer
VO: What are your job roles?
Me: Web Content Management, Social Media Management, Software testing(VO nods)
VO: Who is paying?
Me: My Husband
VO: How long have you been married?
Me: Three and a half years
VO: Kids?
Me: None yet
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No
VO: Has your husband been to the US before?
Me:  No
VO: What is the duration of the course?
Me: Two and a half years
VO: Why do you want to leave your husband for that long?
Me: The first three years of our marriage was for his studies, he is also a project accountant, So it’s my turn now.(VO nods)
VO: Where will you be staying?
Me: On Campus
VO: What kind of occupants? Graduate students? International students?
Me: Female, graduate students and freshman
VO: Are you going to have a room mate?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you know who your room mate is already?
Me: No(VO smiles, I smile too)
VO: Your Visa has been approved, pick up your visa here, I will give you your I20 and SEVIS receipt, make you travel with it. (VO smiles)
Me: Thank you very much (I walk away promptly)
pNo documents requested for, I just thank God Again, its God, God, God, then do your part.

Thanks juntod, Idazbawz for helping out.

Awesome!!!LOL
Congratulations.
I like the part where you said "Now it's my turn"

Have a successful stay. God Bless You!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
kennyzita: Hi guys,  Just got my visa at Lagos embassy today, between 7:55am and 8:00am.
Transcript below:
Me: I searched the internet based on Curriculum. I want a MIS that addresses the features of IT Business Analysis.
Me: I searched for MS MIS and looked through the curriculum, to see if it’s got Business Process Management, Requirements Gathering and Documentation, Software Structures(VO cuts in)
Me: The first three years of our marriage was for his studies, he is also a project accountant, So it’s my turn now.(VO nods)
VO: Your Visa has been approved, pick up your visa here, I will give you your I20 and SEVIS receipt, make you travel with it. (VO smiles)
pNo documents requested for, I just thank God Again, its God, God, God, then do your part.

Congrats. In God We Trust!! In software testing, what language do you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
kennyzita,thumbs up..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
Guyz wish me happy birthday nah...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by laura2014: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Joenice: Sorry about your inability to procure your visa at this time. A loser today can be a winner tomorrow. The VO just denied you based on sponsorship so to speak. You probably ought to have gone for co-sponsor. Can the company that gave you job offer stand as your sponsor in your next interview? Can they?

yes they should if i talk to them ? guess its just to give statement of account .
but

1 what if they can ?

2 what if they cannot ?? as we didn't have a sponsorship agreement ? you know how this people can like to take things seriously as if someone is going to use their statement of account for something else especially when such condition is not stated on the offer letter .

I already used two sponsorship right now . my dad first . my uncle second.
is their a space of co-sponsor on the ds160 ? or how should i have answered the V.O .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
laura2014: Visa denied Yesterday. I was so sad and cried that I couldn't even visit Nairaland.

This is my Second time .
First was in January and i deferred till Fall and my school resumes 25th of AUGUST .

V.O(One bald guy) sorry we have spoken before , I cannot do the interview again , I have to give to my other colleague . go and seat down.

then while seated , i watched him give my documents to another V.O

v.o mornin

me morning how are you today ?

v.o fine , why are you going to the USA ?

me to have my master degree in accounting at the university of illinois

v.o why this school ?

me after extensive research on us news and princeton ,i discovered uis is highly ranked being the second best regional university out of the 28 regional universities in the mid west region of 12 state and also, it also has a good faculty ratio of 12.1 which gives un interrupted acess to professors and also the curricum suites my new job title which i would resume upon completion of my course most especially the new course ACC 511 (research and analysis in accounting which is just introduced into the curriculum )which is also the reason i choose uis over the other schools i applied too

v.o nod heads saying okay okay

v.o so you have a job you would be resuming.

me yes and i already have the offer letter to resume upon completion of my course .

v.o whats the name of the company and what do they do ?

me . told him the name and what they do ..

v.o who is sponsoring you .

me .my uncle . he is CEO .bla bla bla

v.o why is your uncle sponsoring you ?
he is my god father ,because he was responsible for my undergraduate and made a promise to me if i do well he will send me for my master degree so he is keeping to his promise cos i did well with a 2"1 and he has also made any promise because i secured my offer letter through him so i just have to do well in my master which i am serious prepared for .

v.o why is your dad not sponsoring you ?

now please remember i told you i changed sponsor .it was my dad initially ? but right now he is not capable cos he has some set back since februry and he is still on it . thats the only thing i changed from my ds 160 and except from the fact that i already re-signed from my work and am unemplyed now but i have offer letter from a new oil and gas company as a senior accountant upon completion of my course.

i wasnt expecting the question but i noticed the V.O saw that i changed sponsor.(but family funds is on my i20)
so i said

me my dad would be contributing for me monthly .on a basic salary for my needs .

v.o WHAT DOES he do ?

me told him ??

he then gave me the stupid blue paper againa saying i am not eligible..

me . inside my mind , oloshi .

i left. No document was requested for . so i probably should have retained my sponsor as my father. but who can actually say if a VO will check docs or none . no one. so please understand where am coming from. thanks.

now .please what is my offense. have i raised red flag changing sponsor ? its still within the family fund context tho . i just didnt want to risk going with a low statement or fake account was why i had to change sponsor. .
cos my uncle account was 7 m . original from bank .

now . my school resumes august 25 .
can i re apply ? please gurus help me .
i already paid visa fee . and saw next date to me august 16 .
but i so do not wish to go to that lagos again,
am thinking of going to abj but next date is september 25. can i take abuja and ask for emergency appointment. ?

please help me with errors as well as what to do .
please god bless you all.

to those that got their visas. the lord will go with you . to those that we have been delayed again. God will fight for us

thanks as i await your correspondences

Damn!
Laura I'm so sorry about your refusal again.
Guru's here need to review your application all over again.

Don't despair. I know you been through a lot but don't worry you'll be fine.

Did you pray and fast at all?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
laura2014:

yes they should if i talk to them ? guess its just to give statement of account .
but

1 what if they can ?

2 what if they cannot ?? as we didn't have a sponsorship agreement ? you know how this people can like to take things seriously as if someone is going to use their statement of account for something else especially when such condition is not stated on the offer letter .

I already used two sponsorship right now . my dad first . my uncle second.
is their a space of co-sponsor on the ds160 ? or how should i have answered the V.O .
Sis, it's all about getting it right in your next interview. I totally understood that it might be hard initially. But if you talk to them and request they assign someone to go with you to the embassy for your interview, I think they'll agree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
olumide098: Guyz wish me happy birthday nah...

Olumbaaaaaa!!!!
Happy Birthday buddy!
I pray for many more years in good health and sound mind. Amen!

Won't you declare for boys?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
juntod:

27200 is not worth one denial record in your visa application history.
thank u my bro, its beta not to have a denial record on his record than to have 1......he should think twice

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
ceeglozzy: i am so so happy. thanks to y'all for the advice and suggestions i got from this forum. my visa was approved last friday and i'm porting soon... illinois, here i come.
send ur transcript and let other prospective applicants gain 1 or 2 tinz....Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
pixietop: VO: Good morning.
I : Morning

VO: I can see you both have running visiting visas.
Myself and my wife: Yes

VO: Why did you choose the school?
I: because it's ranked 12th in.....

VO: cuts me short. It's not all about ranking.
I: Yes, it has a good international body.

VO: How long have you been working?
I: nine years, took a break for a year for my master's degree.

VO: that makes sense.

VO: to my wife: what would you be doing?
My wife: well, since I would be on an F2 visa, I cannot take up proper classes, I intend to register for vocation courses like cooking international dishes.

VO: I hope you havent registered for any courses in the school.
My Wife: No I can't because of my visa status.

VO: who is sponsoring?
I: My employer

VO: So you would be coming back?
My wife: Smiles and says definitely, with that face that says "why won't we?"

VO: Have they given you any papers?
I: Yes. I hand him the letter and statement. I attached a cheque of my full fees in front of the letter.

VO: sees the cheque and says, you haven't cashed the cheque.
I: no

VO: hands back our I-20s. Explains that our visa has been approved and that our B1/B2 won't be canceled. We should be careful to shoe the immigration officer the right visa when entering.

I am so grateful to God and to everyone on the forum for all your daily contribution.
Congrats 2u and ur madam, u ar welcome to Obamaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Transcript below:

WOW.... I am so happy for you and your husband.. Safe trip to Obamaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Thumbs up@pixietop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Transcript below:

Congrats girl! Grace n mercy of God at work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
pixietop:

VO: hands back our I-20s. Explains that our visa has been approved and that our B1/B2 won't be canceled. We should be careful to shoe the immigration officer the right visa when entering.

Is this possible in all cases after getting an F1 visa and still have a B1/B2 visa @bolded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please house I want to take gre exam and I want to ask you guys was the price and please how do I get study material...... Please anyone with the info should please send it to me by email at or post it here on NL. richard4ssky@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Niiade(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello RickyRozay, Mandybaby2007, stevecrun, drzik, Amefrica, Walspring and other members of this thread,

A good friend just had his interview and has been granted his visa,
He has so many questions to get answered before leaving and he turned to my direction and i have come to my NL to get solutions for him
He is headed to SMSU, Minnesota for Business Administration, He was told school fees is about 8000 and Living expenses 7000, He looking to get cheaper accomodation, since he cant really afford that after school fees.
Please what does he need, any needed information and relevant information about flight, accomdation, school enviroment etc is very key. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Niiade: Hello RickyRozay, Mandybaby2007, stevecrun, drzik, Amefrica, Walspring and other members of this thread,

He has so many questions to get answered before leaving and he turned to my direction and i have come to my NL to get solutions for him
He is headed to SMSU, Minnesota for Business Administration, He was told school fees is about 8000 and Living expenses 7000, He looking to get cheaper accomodation, since he cant really afford that after school fees.
Please what does he need, any needed information and relevant information about flight, accomdation, school enviroment etc is very key. thank you

I have 3 guys in that school, one is in the same department as him. I was supposed to go that same school, but shii got real. grin grin

Link him with me, I'm gonna give him those 3 contacts. They sure will be ready to help!

Stevecrun is headed to the same school, contact him too ...your guy is in good hands.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
streetMic:

1. Get a family sponsorship
2. Know ur courses, it shows u really going for studies.
3. u obviously went prepared for certain questions. go ready 2 answer any type of question. don't underate d Powa of mock interviews, am sure u had non.
4. kill tension, read all the transcripts on dis forum.
5. Tell it to God.

Your advice seems good, People keeps saying get a family sponsorship.. Must he? You don't need to change your sponsor, be ready to give them cogent reason they want to sponsor you, something more related to the scope of the company and be ready to show the VO you are worth the scholarship you earned.. The VO would have given him visa if he had told the VO he already registered for classes and telling him just 3 courses he registered with... Before my Interview, I knew about 7 courses and their course code and was ready to pour it out if he mistakenly ask.. The thing is school is resuming, it will be silly to reply you haven't registered because you might not just have the opportunity to register some courses when you get there.. God will see you through domex007..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Niiade(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Amefrica:

I have 3 guys in that school, one is in the same department as him. I was supposed to go that same school, but shii got real. grin grin

Link him with me, I'm gonna give him those 3 contacts. They sure will be ready to help!

thanks alot for this information,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Congrats to those who just got visa.. And to those who are planning to visit the embassy soon.. God will grant you your heart desire.. Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Niiade(m): 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
stevecun, please come to my aid when are you leaving he was told a bus would be waiting to take off at 1pm to the school from the minnepolis airport on the 17th of August, what flight arrangement can be created . Thanks u can contact me on niiadenii@gmail.com, 08025140064 thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Niiade:

thanks alot for this information, his number is 08092979984 email is nislagos@gmail.com. thanks

Edit ur post! Remove the phone no and email!

I've sent him an email, already..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
Laura2014 your transcript seems one of the best today but I can't really tell the major reason you were denied.. You absolutely killed the VO.. I think the problem started when you were asked about your sponsor..There are good days and bad days.. Only God and prayers can change the bad days to Good.. Seek him and I believe you would come here for your testimony.. I wouldn't advice you change your sponsor again as it might look a bit odd changing sponsor every new Ds160..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Niiade: Hello RickyRozay, Mandybaby2007, stevecrun, drzik, Amefrica, Walspring and other members of this thread,

you sent me a PM,but i could not find your mail in my box.

Congrats to that friend of yours on being admitted to SMSU and getting his visa granted.I think he should rent an apartment in Marshall,they've got cheaps apartments there even closer to southwest and share with a friend.

Air tickets are high now,u can go for arik,royal air maroc
School environment is okay,ive already spoken and made friends with some students their via twitter,ive been given good reviews and they await my coming.

Goodluck,and please let him know he's in the same department with babysimzy,she's also going for fall 2014 and in business admin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Niiade: stevecun, please come to my aid when are you leaving he was told a bus would be waiting to take off at 1pm to the school from the minnepolis airport on the 17th of August, what flight arrangement can be created . Thanks u can contact me on niiadenii@gmail.com, 08025140064 thanks alot
yes..he must arrive minneapolis latest 16th,so he do not miss the free school bus to Marshall.

After that day,taxi drivers would want to charge as much as 500 to 800 dollars to marshall and hotel room price at the airport is 100usd per night..17th is orientation.

I've not booked any flight,but am likely going with KLM,ive spoken with Gloria thompson,and she understands and says i should take my time and plan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Niiade(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
stevecrun: yes..he must arrive minneapolis latest 16th,so he do not miss the free school bus to Marshall.

After that day,taxi drivers would want to charge as much as 500 to 800 dollars to marshall and hotel room price at the airport is 100usd per night..17th is orientation.

I've not booked any flight,but am likely going with KLM,ive spoken with Gloria thompson,and she understands and says i should take my time and plan.

Thanks alot< i would tell him just that, he will look for apartment outside the school then, I would advise him to book and get there on the 16th and get accomodation at the hotel or sleep at the airport if need be till the bus comes the next day for Marshall, thanks i am sure he would need your company and help with information too. thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Niiade(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
stevecrun: yes..he must arrive minneapolis latest 16th,so he do not miss the free school bus to Marshall.

email is niiadenii@gmail.com thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
Niiade:

Thanks alot< i would tell him just that, he will look for apartment outside the school then, I would advise him to book and get there on the 16th and get accomodation at the hotel or sleep at the airport if need be till the bus comes the next day for Marshall, thanks i am sure he would need your company and help with information too. thanks alot
Thank God bro..

You can send me a PM now am sure i will get it.And please,i know u new here but its against their rules here not to post contact info..here

The moderator frowns at it.And please,tell your friend to shop more for winter clothes and timbos,the weather is not always friendly esp.from November.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
ceeglozzy: i am so so happy. thanks to y'all for the advice and suggestions i got from this forum. my visa was approved last friday and i'm porting soon... illinois, here i come.
Congrats! Waiting for ur transcript...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Niiade,you can chk your email now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.