Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454622 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
streetMic: Now wia i still get access to eba nko?...Nwanem apu dat tin. Burger, eh we go chop am. lmao but not now. not jux now.

Badt guy! I see you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyDon1: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
luckyDon1: Happy Sunday Fellas,May God perfect all He Has started in our lives and bring abundant blessing dis new week.I have some pressing questions to ask as u guys are all experienced. Firstly,I really need cheap good schools to go for Masters in International Studies/Relations.I have thoroughly glanced through the thread and still can't see peeps going for my course. Secondly,I understand that most US schools and even embassy requires GRE and TOEFL/ILETS.I want to ask its this exam is applicable to my intended course? Thirdly,I also need to know when to register for them as I am planning towards 2015 fall intake. God bless as u brilliant gurus do justice to my questions
Ogas at the top....pls do justice to my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Check troy.edu. yes u will need GRE. Check http://trojan.troy.edu/catalogs/1415graduate/html/3G-cas.html#masterofscienceininternationalrelations

luckyDon1: Ogas at the top....pls do justice to my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by luckyDon1: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
streetMic: Check troy.edu. yes u will need GRE. Check http://trojan.troy.edu/catalogs/1415graduate/html/3G-cas.html#masterofscienceininternationalrelations
Thanks buddy.I have already gone through their requirements.What I need to know is if Troy Uni is a nice school and worth spending huge bucks for? Secondly,secondly can a GPA of 3.17/5.0 equals or surpasses the 2.4/4.0 required by Troy? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
decreamaster:

i PMmed u baba cool
congrats decreamaster, welcome to america. Congrats to others as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls house this ticket wahala 2 much o, am suppose to resume by sepetember 2nd. Is it possible for my school to give me an extension till like 10th of september? Pls urgent response needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
zeezahbee: congrats decreamaster, welcome to america. Congrats to others as well.
PMmed u mum grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Its a good skool. erm also app 2 a CC.
luckyDon1: Thanks buddy.I have already gone through their requirements.What I need to know is if Troy Uni is a nice school and worth spending huge bucks for? Secondly,secondly can a GPA of 3.17/5.0 equals or surpasses the 2.4/4.0 required by Troy? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Please who can recommend a school for MSC Chemical Engineering in the US with a moderate tuition. I have a 2.8/4 GP and taking the GRE/TOEFL soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
castrotroy80: Pls house this ticket wahala 2 much o, am suppose to resume by sepetember 2nd. Is it possible for my school to give me an extension till like 10th of september? Pls urgent response needed

The school will be d one to decide on dat, mail them n giv them reason y u cant resume on d said date n demand an extension letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Flying tomorrow with Etihad, anyone on same flight tooo.......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
onmyteflon: Hi Nairalander.. Am totally new here and read need ur help guys.. I want to start processing for a usa student visa and am with 250k.. Hope it will be enough and what are the process..God bless you all..
it is even more than enough if u do it urself.
remember,do not pay anybody for anytin.trust nobody.
goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
cheesy
dimmy08: Flying tomorrow with Etihad, anyone on same flight tooo.......
sorry o,na only you waka come o grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
dimmy08: Flying tomorrow with Etihad, anyone on same flight tooo.......
Pls how much did you buy your ticket?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
decreamaster: i know a nairaland guy when ever i see one.
i saw one yesterday blasting the vo and the vo was like WTF!!!. shocked ohhhh nooooo i just ave to approve u. grin
i love this forum joor cheesy grin

grin
That's the spirit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
bigfrancis21:

grin
That's the spirit.

u got PM boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
onmyteflon: Hi Nairalander.. Am totally new here and read need ur help guys.. I want to start processing for a usa student visa and am with 250k.. Hope it will be enough and what are the process..God bless you all..

250k can cover all the visa processing. Here's a breakdown of what you need to do:

1) Exam writing. You'll most likely need to write GRE and/or TOEFL if you're going for MS or PhD or SAT and/or TOEFL if for undergraduate.
GRE costs $195 or N30,000
TOEFL costs $180 or N28,000
SAT costs around N15,000(the last time I checked).

2) School application fees. Application fees range from as low as $30 to as high as $80. If you're applying to, say, 3 schools you multiply by 3. Budget like N50,000 for application fee.

3) International passport if you don't already have one. Budget like N20,000 for this.

4) Application for transcripts from your UG school and mailing of the transcripts by courier. Budget about N30,000 to N40,000 if you'll be sending at least 3 transcripts plus their courier costs per one.

5) WES translation of your transcripts. This is optional as some schools do not convert our CGPA from our 5-point scale to the US 4-point scale and require the services of translation agencies of which WES is one of them. These schools that require WES will have you sending your transcripts instead to WES and having WES translate and send the translated version to the schools. WES translation costs $205, plus other fees involved, the final fee you can expect to pay is between $265 to $300 or N43,000 to N50,000.

6)After being given admission, you'll need to receive your I-20. You might need to pay for courier to have it delivered to you in Nigeria, if time's no longer on your side. Otherwise you allow them to send it via regular mail that takes about 4 weeks to deliver. The delivery by I-20 option costs at least $100 or N16,000.

7) SEVIS fee payment of $200 or N32,500.

8.) Visa interview booking fee of N26,400 during my time last year.

With the estimates given above, N250k will comfortably cover all your expenses. During my time I spent about N180,000.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
MsNas & BigFrancis, thanks for the corrections. I am reporting to school this week, and the Prof, who is the graduate coordinator and my research supervisor told me to call him when I get in so that we can have a meeting regarding my situation. He told me to come asap so that I can increase my chances of getting an on-campus job.
I will keep you guys posted.
In the meantime. I am searching for how to get a Greyhound from NY to Chicago. I am presently marooned somewhere in Queens,NY.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Feexo: MsNas & BigFrancis, thanks for the corrections. I am reporting to school this week, and the Prof, who is the graduate coordinator and my research supervisor told me to call him when I get in so that we can have a meeting regarding my situation. He told me to come asap so that I can increase my chances of getting an on-campus job.
In the meantime. I am searching for how to get a Greyhound from NY to Chicago. I am presently marooned somewhere in Queens,NY.
hey feexo,just PMed u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
bigfrancis21:

250k can cover all the visa processing. Here's a breakdown of what you need to do:

1) Exam writing. You'll most likely need to write GRE and/or TOEFL if you're going for MS or PhD or SAT and/or TOEFL if for undergraduate.
GRE costs $195 or N30,000
TOEFL costs $180 or N28,000
SAT costs around N15,000(the last time I checked).

2) School application fees. Application fees range from as low as $30 to as high as $80. If you're applying to, say, 3 schools you multiply by 3. Budget like N50,000 for application fee.

3) International passport if you don't already have one. Budget like N20,000 for this.

4) Application for transcripts from your UG school and mailing of the transcripts by courier. Budget about N25,000 to N30,000 if you'll be sending at least 3 transcripts plus their courier costs per one.

5)After being given admission, you'll need to receive your I-20. You might need to pay for courier to have it delivered to you in Nigeria, if time's no longer on your side. Otherwise you allow them to send it via regular mail that takes about 4 weeks to deliver. The delivery by I-20 option costs at least $100 or N16,000

6) SEVIS fee payment of $200 or N32,500.

7) Visa interview booking fee of N26,400 during my time last year.

With the estimates given above, N250k will comfortably cover all your expenses. During my time I spent about N180,000.

Plus WES evaluation sir. Kindly include it by editing (Just for the sake of newbies). We can always refer that post to them any day any time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
juntod:

Plus WES evaluation sir. Kindly include it by editing (Just for the sake of newbies). We can always refer that post to them any day any time.

Ok. Just did that. I didn't include it initially because I was writing from my own experience and I didn't have to use WES during my time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Ok. Just did that. I didn't include it initially because I was writing from my own experience and I didn't have to use WES during my time.

u got my mail bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Feexo: MsNas & BigFrancis, thanks for the corrections. I am reporting to school this week, and the Prof, who is the graduate coordinator and my research supervisor told me to call him when I get in so that we can have a meeting regarding my situation. He told me to come asap so that I can increase my chances of getting an on-campus job.

I love greyhound buses. Their buses are so comfortable, cozy and fun to travel in. The interior is modelled after airplanes as the design would make you think you were in an airplane. In fact, you wouldn't want to get off the bus and pray for extended time on the road. smiley

Buying tickets online is cheaper than buying at the bus station on your travel date. First visit their website given below:

https://www.greyhound.com/en/ticketsandtravel/default.aspx

Click on 'buy tickets online', on the next page that loads, enter your departure state(New York) and your arrival state(Chicago). Then select your travel date and click on 'search'.

You will see a list of itineraries leaving that same day at different times and you pick one. Booking days in advance saves you money and travelling on tuesdays is always the cheapest for all days of the week. For example, on the greyhound website, I checked NY to Chicago for 1 week in advance and I saw $104 however when I booked for tuesday I got $78 instead. You would want to travel on tuesday if you want to save money. Travelling on weekends and friday/monday tends to be the most expensive.

[img]http://www.southafrica.to/transport/Busses/Greyhound-bus/Greyhound-bus.JPG[/img]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
honeyad:

u got my mail bro?

Yea, i'll reply you soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Decreamaster, I don't know how the PM thing works because I prefer to throw issues on the floor of the house to elicit myriad of responses from people, but if you insist on that, tell me how to go about it.
House, which is the cheapest way of receiving money from Nigeria using my GTBank debit card here? MsNas once said something about swiping card and buying money order- using Walmart or Kroger- but I can't seem to remember how she explained it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Feexo: Decreamaster, I don't know how the PM thing works because I prefer to throw issues on the floor of the house to elicit myriad of responses from people, but if you insist on that, tell me how to go about it.
House, which is the cheapest way of receiving money from Nigeria using my GTBank debit card here? MsNas once said something about swiping card and buying money order- using Walmart or Kroger- but I can't seem to remember how she explained it.
Feexo, check the trains too. Someone told me there are trains between NY and Chicago. It will get you there faster than greyhound buses who are notorious for their snail slow speed.

That being said, did you tell your prof about your plight? I mean, does he know about your present situation about fees? Because for him to tell you to come quickly to school, that means he's trying to arrange something for you. I'm hoping it's something big that means you won't have to defer your admission. Don't waste any extra second in New York biko. Go to school.

I waiting for that day that I will wake up and hear good news about you on this thread. And it will be soon! Still keeping you in my prayers. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Just give the person that want to send the money ur gtb account details. if u wana buy anyfin wit it here, jux use it same way u used d card in naija

Feexo: Decreamaster, I don't know how the PM thing works because I prefer to throw issues on the floor of the house to elicit myriad of responses from people, but if you insist on that, tell me how to go about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
MsNas:
Feexo, check the trains too. Someone told me there are trains between NY and Chicago. It will get you there faster than greyhound buses who are notorious for their snail slow speed.

That being said, did you tell your prof about your plight? I mean, does he know about your present situation about fees? Because for him to tell you to come quickly to school, that means he's trying to arrange something for you. I'm hoping it's something big that means you won't have to defer your admission. Don't waste any extra second in New York biko. Go to school.

I waiting for that day that I will wake up and hear good news about you on this thread. And it will be soon! Still keeping you in my prayers. smiley
grin chai,see love wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2014

My GTBANK Card does not work on POS again oo angry I tried to swipe it last week at Kroger and it was denied. I had to use the ATM cos I didn't have Internet banking. But my friend's Skye Bank card works when swiping. Guess what? They charged her lesser exchange rate than GTBANK charges me! undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
MsNas:

can one stay in the US and still differ admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
decreamaster:
can one stay in the US and still differ admission?
When you differ your admission in the USA you'd have to return back to your home country or you will fall out of status.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Feexo,

Where exactly are you in NY and where is your school located exactly in Illinois? Is it Chicago gangan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.