Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454599 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Walspring:

This is great and wonderful... grin grin grin

Yea bro. Nigerians can now remit money via western union. Lately, even Paypal was even trying to enable its services in Nigeria, if it hasn't done so already. I'm impressed with the way Nigeria is really catching up with its peers worldwide.

Been a while. How have you been? Where are you now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yea bro. Nigerians can now remit money via western union. Lately, even Paypal was even trying to enable its services in Nigeria, if it hasn't done so already. I'm impressed with the way Nigeria is really catching up with its peers worldwide.

Been a while. How have you been? Where are you now?

I heard about the Paypal too and its good to know that we are really catching up cos Vision 2020 is almost here..

I have been busy lately and am still in Nigeria but hitting Embassy for Spring..

Joining you guys soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Walspring:

This is great and wonderful... grin grin grin
go front page read am..
At least work go easy for boys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
stevecrun: go front page read am..
At least work go easy for boys

Lol... Which kind work?

No more going to seme border to pay sevis fee again..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oti se o, Baba ti se o ohun to un ba mi leru Baba ti se o. make una thank God for me. Picked my passport at victoria island.
No be me o, na grace of God do am for me o.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Walspring:

Lol... Which kind work?

No more going to seme border to pay sevis fee again..
school work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Zee, I don't know how the pm thing works... But I do know that if you pm me I get notified in my email and we can talk. Can you pm me instead? My school is Western Illinois and I would definitely love for you to hook me up with the Nigerian Student Rep, as I am going there tomorrow.

MsNas, you did mention you can get me introduced to some of the people you are acquainted with in my school. Can you pm me sis?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
castrotroy80: Oti se o, Baba ti se o ohun to un ba mi leru Baba ti se o. make una thank God for me. Picked my passport at victoria island.

Glory be to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
stevecrun: school work

Hmmmm... For your mind abi?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sir Joe nice, pls reply your mails Sir..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
olusola009:

I want you to know that GPA alone doesn't give one admission, everythin works all together(GPA, STATEMENT OF PURPOSE,RECOMMENDATION LETTER, GRE) just as you have said low GPA, low GPA must be accompanied with good ST, RL and very good GRE score. Again you have to work on school search, there are some schools that accept 2.7/4.0 some school that request GPA of 3.0/4.0 might even accept you conditionally. So don't be discourage apply to schools.

Regards
Please what if the overall cgpa of a Nigerian polytechnic is 4.00 and one still has 2.56? Whats the faith of that student to have his cgpa highly translated?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
osahons9:

You will send them your transcript, they will verify it with your school and then evaluate it and mail u a copy. This is not suppose to take more than a month all things being equal. But as you know, some universities here in Nigeria are something else. It takes them forever to verify the transcript and this tend to delay the process. Ermmmmm what I am trying to say is mine took 3 months cheesy
This is problem oooooo.
I schooled in a polytechnic though.
But who owns the delay? WES or naaija?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
bigfrancis21: Mystiqme, Western union payment from Nigeria is now possible.
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/08/cbn-western-union-launch-foreign-remittance-service/
MsNas:
Lool. Naughty boy grin. You can't send Western Union from Nigeria anymore. But I don't know about moneygram sha. If both don't work, you have to settle for wire transfer

Danke, overnight warriors. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
MsNas:
Western Union and moneygram transfer used to work in Nigeria, at least I'm 100% sure of 2004-2007. It was stopped due to the activities of money launderers.

2004-2007? You gotta be kidding me. I REPEAT, NEVER.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
juntod:

2004-2007? You gotta be kidding me. I REPEAT, NEVER.
I'm not gonna argue with you. But i will still repeat to you. I, Nas used western Union during those times. Sending and receiving. Check your records well. When did banks stop sending western union out of Nigeria? I guess you're also unaware that before it was stopped there was a cap of how much you ca send out of the country per day. $10,000 or so. Please be sure before you start telling me NEVER. I'm done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Feexo:

MsNas, you did mention you can get me introduced to some of the people you are acquainted with in my school. Can you pm me sis?
I just sent you a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
BigFrancis, I got quoted $110 by gotobus.com, and the bus does not even leave NY until Wednesday evening. I tried using Greyhound so that I can compare prices and go for the cheaper of the two, but their website is malfunctioning . What do you think? My friend here is willing to give me her bank card to do it and I want to book the bus today so I can leave for Chicago ASAP.

House, has the new directive/policy by CBN taken effect? My pal is sending me money tomorrow and I want him to use Western Union and not deposit into my GTBank account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Feexo: BigFrancis, I got quoted $110 by gotobus.com, and the bus does not even leave NY until Wednesday evening. I tried using Greyhound so that I can compare prices and go for the cheaper of the two, but their website is malfunctioning . What do you think? My friend here is willing to give me her bank card to do it and I want to book the bus today so I can leave for Chicago ASAP.

House, has the new directive/policy by CBN taken effect? My pal is sending me money tomorrow and I want him to use Western Union and not deposit into my GTBank account.
I suggest you allow the person deposit it into your GTB account and you use your bank card to withdraw it.

1. I'm not sure the CBN/Western Union thingy has taken effect yet.
2. Its gonna shorten your money if you use western Union, because of the charges involved. Be prepared to pay like $80 as charges if the person is sending $1000 or more. You can always use you GTBank Card on an ATM here and GTBANK will charge you like #420 for the ATM charges and the bank which you're using their ATM will charge $5 max.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Feexo: BigFrancis, I got quoted $110 by gotobus.com, and the bus does not even leave NY until Wednesday evening. I tried using Greyhound so that I can compare prices and go for the cheaper of the two, but their website is malfunctioning . What do you think? My friend here is willing to give me her bank card to do it and I want to book the bus today so I can leave for Chicago ASAP.

Let the person post it to your GTbank because it wont cost him sending fee at all then you can use your card to swipe for Money Order over there...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2014

Hi Feexo,

I just tried booking with greyhound and the website is functioning. I got a quote of $110 for the bus leaving at 5pm this evening and another by 10pm tonight. Did you follow the instructions on booking the ticket like I told you? Just visit

https://www.greyhound.com/default.aspx?timedout=true

type in 'new york' in the departure box and 'chicago' in the arrival box and click on 'search'. That's all you need to do. On the list of iterinaries that come up, select the one that you like, fill out the form with your name and print your booking ticket. Then take the ticket to either any 7 Eleven store around you to pay or simply carry your bag, go to the park and pay over the counter. Go for the greyhound option, you're leaving ASAP today.

With Greyhound you either pay online or with cash at the bus park. Using someone else's card not your card costs you $18 extra.

For wednesday, just 2 days away, Greyhound quotes $84 dollars, still cheaper than the quote for the same wednesday you received on gotobus.com.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Feexo: MsNa, I am presently staying in Queens,NY. My school is in Macomb, 3:45 mins ride by car. There is a train service from Chicago to Macomb and I am exploring that option too.

BigFrancis, thanks for the info about Greyhound. How does one go about making the payment since I am booking online and I only have cash with me?

From the news, preparations are still on the pipeline to get it working and functioning.

If your ATM card is working, why don't you have the person in Nigeria deposit the money into your account? GTB Master card works very well in most ATM machines. I am yet to use my ATM card in an ATM machine and it got declined. Highest you lose $3(N504) + N420 = N924 to withdraw the money. I use my GTB account to receive money regularly from Nigeria and withdraw it using my ATM card.

Or another option is to have them deposit the money into your friend or sister's GTB account and your sister or friend will withdraw the money from here using their card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Feexo,

Be aware of false information being peddled around here. The charge for Western Union to send ordinary $1,000 is only $18.50 and not $100. With MoneyGram it is $14 - $16 for money up to $1000.

Which foreign exchange charges $100 on ordinary $100 being sent? Lack of common sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Some people just have or.gasms whenever they see my posts. Their blood pressure spikes and they can't control themselves anymore grin. Yeah, I made a mistake and yeah i'm not afraid to accept I did. Don't die on top my matter o cheesy

No wonder mamacita called you out the other time. Self esteem= 0. Dilly dallying with a woman. Okay, no vex say I exposed you last night. Do.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
MsNas:
If I didn't have cash in my account, why would I try using it? Do Nigerian banks give overdraft? The card does not work on POS anymore. And its not only mine that is acting that way.
Gtb sud not dull me ooo...all my cash is in my gtb card...hop it work when I get to yankee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mystiqme:

Danke, overnight warriors. grin

Yea man. Be careful of advice you take from some people before it leads you astry. I repeat, never work off-campus! grincheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
dimmy08:
Gtb sud not dull me ooo...all my cash is in my gtb card...hop it work when I get to yankee.
If it doesn't work when you swipe it, use the ATM. It should definitely work.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Which foreign exchange charges $100 on ordinary $100 being sent? Lack of common sense.

PS: Post modified sharply! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
castrotroy80: Oti se o, Baba ti se o ohun to un ba mi leru Baba ti se o. make una thank God for me. Picked my passport at victoria island.
pls wen did u wen for. Interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
bigfrancis21: Feexo,

Be aware of false information being peddled around here. The charge for Western Union to send ordinary $1,000 is only $18.50 and not $100. With MoneyGram it is $14 - $16 for money up to $1000.

You're a baby. I thought you were an adult but obviously not. I was wrong and so were you. You quoted $18.50 as the transfer fee. Well sucks for you that's not true as well. I will upload a screen grab in a minute.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
MsNas:
You're a baby. I thought you were an adult but obviously not. I was wrong and so were you. You quoted $18.50 as the transfer fee. Well sucks for you that's not true as well. I will upload a screen grab in a minute.

Mind you I recently sent money to Nigeria. I paid $16 using money gram and for western union it is $18.5. Simply walk into any western union outlet and confirm for yourself. Winning some uselss internet battle won't do you any good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
BigFrancis:
You're such a baby and You sound like a whiny kid. I no dey follow you fight. But just because you were caught napping last night you were looking for something to discredit me and save your reputation on here. I don't care for you, if you like jump on each and every of my post on here... fact still is you were wrong last night and I wasn't. All those long posts of yours are nothing but the antics of a baby trying to stay relevant.

I will suggest you really learn how to take correction and move on from it. Cos that is part of where your problem lies. I should let you know, I fully expect you to go digging on every post I've made since I joined NL in your quest to make me look bad and burn me at the stakes. I will also let you know I don't give a hoot.

These antics of yourself isn't saving your face on this thread at all, on the contrary its only making you look more confused and bitter in the eyes of every other member of this thread. If you like quote me again. Na you get your hand. Learn to let go, sweetie. It's over
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Mind you I recently sent money to Nigeria. I paid $16 using money gram and for western union it is $18.5. Simply walk into any western union outlet and confirm for yourself. Winning some uselss internet battle won't do you any good.
Pictures don't lie. Do they? Show me your proof. And oh dearie, I pick my battles well. You're the least person I will brawl with, simply because you aren't worth it. All I can do is try to talk to you like an intellectual and an educated fellow that i hoped you are. I'm not trying to win any battle, I'm only trying to let you know you're wrong about some stuffs. Okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.