Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454584 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 19, 2014
Tekecoms1: Please what if the overall cgpa of a Nigerian polytechnic is 4.00 and one still has 2.56? Whats the faith of that student to have his cgpa highly translated?
And which is better to use between the WES ICAP and the WES BASIC?

Wes icap permanently stores your details for future use.
It's expensive however
Wes verification can be a frustrating experience if you dont start early and as far from your admission deadline as possible

Check the faq of wes regarding polytechnic verification

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2014
Just left agric section of the us immigration department..they trashed all my indomie n rice..nt funny tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 19, 2014
constant57: I hardly comment on this thread but at this point, I guess I will have to.

Ms Nas and BigFrancis, you guys have really been helpful on this thread and have been a big source of inspiration to others. Don't fall our hands now. Being humans, we are not above mistakes, and as such we should learn to accept our shortcomings. You guys should sheathe the swords and allow peace to reign. You are both the winner in this drama. Never knew you guys are great Thespians. Lol.
Canadian
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2014
sannywills: my big broda dat inspired me in this forum i greet u all sir/madm
broda,s please i need your help,my broda went for his interview in u.s embassy abuja today
after the questions the vo ask him they ask him did u receive scholarship he said yes and they ask him for the remaining balance who will pay for the fiance he said that is mother,then the vo ask him that he should come two days to collect your visa after which he also finger print,as he was leaving the interview entrance the vo called him with the macron phone ask him to give her back the paper for collecting of visa that they want to verified the his bank statement if is ok that they will call him anytime from now. the problem we have now is that we have transfer back the seven million in that account to the owner and what remain is two million.what do you think we should,will they give him visa,please brodas please guide on what to do.
paper they gave him is under section 221g of the immigration and nationality act.
brodas what are they verifying the account for will bank give them the access to check how much is in the account.pls i need you all your help in this issue
dude, spamming the thread ain't gonna give u d attention u craving for, rather peeps might just scroll across ur question since they know u as "Mr. spammer" ...wish I had an answer to give, but I'm kinda green there. My Oga's dem; Msnas, Bigfrancis, juntod, graviton, joenice Stevecrun, zeezahbee and all other Oga's help dis Nigger.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 19, 2014
dimmy08: Just left agric section of the us immigration department..they trashed all my indomie n rice..nt funny tho.
you are never allowed to carry rice to the POE it attracts ants..sorry bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2014
@sannywills

Please stop spamming this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:59am On Aug 19, 2014
Theflint1: dude, spamming the thread ain't gonna give u d attention u craving for, rather peeps might just scroll across ur question since they know u as "Mr. spammer" ...wish I had an answer to give, but I'm kinda green there. My Oga's dem; Msnas, Bigfrancis, juntod, graviton, joenice Stevecrun, zeezahbee and all other Oga's help dis Nigger.

I answered him already. I wonder why he keeps repeating the same inquiry. He needs not fret. There is nothing he can do right now. He has to relax and await feedback from the consulate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21: Feexo,

Be aware of false information being peddled around here. The charge for Western Union to send ordinary $1,000 is only $18.50 and not $100. With MoneyGram it is $14 - $16 for money up to $1000.

Which foreign exchange charges $100 on ordinary $100 being sent? Lack of common sense.

Quick Question: Can someone in the US make deposits into a Nigerian Bank Account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dolapoKeji(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2014
bigfrancis21: TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST TAKERS:

It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register for the test online. Even someone registering on your behalf from abroad is banned once the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.

Well, I have good news for you. Are you aware
that you could still register for the exam by yourself, fast and at the lower official ETS test fee?
All you need to do is simply call ETS and register! Its that simple. Just as you can call to schedule a visa appointment, so can you call to register for your GRE/TOEFL test! If saving money is your priority, rather than wasting N50,000 needlessly on GRE agents and enriching their bank accounts when you could simply do it yourself at the cheaper official GRE price of $185(N29600) or at $175(N28,000) for TOEFL, then this option is best for you.

To register, you'll need the following:

1) Your GRE account login details on the ETS website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/gre to create your account. For TOEFL, you'll need your TOEFL account login details on the ETS website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/toefl to create your account.

2) A valid GTB MasterCard. I can't really vouch for other types of debit cards because I've not used them before. However, I'm sure of GTB MasterCard because it never fails to work. Take note of the 16- digit card number printed on the front of the card, the expiry date (month and year) also embossed on the front of the card and lastly, the c.v.v code, which is the 3-digit code printed on the back of your ATM card. Have these details handy because you'll need to provide them to the agent to enable them make the payment over there for you. Of course, I need
not remind you that you must have funds of, at least, the registration fee amount in your account for a successful payment.

After you must have done the above, then you're ready to go. Call the ETS Registration Center on +31320239593. That is the phone number of the ETS Registration center or Region 9 located in Netherlands and it is the ETS center, out of the 12 regional registration centers worldwide, in charge of registering Nigerians for TOEFL and GRE. Once you call, you'll hear the voice prompt and wait to be connected to the next available customer agent. Once you're connected, the agent will ask you for your login details which will enable him log into your account and register you over there by himself.

First, you'll be asked for these details - first name, middle name, surname, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, preferred test center and test date.. So keep these information prepared and handy.

Second, comes the payment stage. At this stage you'll provide the agent with your ATM card details to enable him/her key in the data and make the payment himself. Once successful, you'll be told by the agent and also receive an email immediately containing your examination e-ticket.

PS: Be sure to recharge, at least, N750 credit on your phone as you'll be spending some good quality time on the call (15-20 minutes).

Please, this is in no way a scam but rather, its one of the valid means of registering for the GRE or TOEFL test as you'll see stated on the ETS website:

http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/

http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register?WT.ac=toeflhome_ibtregister_121127

However, only a few people know about this easy and cheap means. Several members from this forum have registered successfully by this means and have taken their GRE/TOEFL exams.
Success.

http://www.ets.org/s/mygre/rrc.html
www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf

FOR TOEFL TEST TAKERS WHO WISH TO ORDER ADDITIONAL SCORE REPORTS

If you wish to order an additional TOEFL score report to a school you're applying to, you can also do it by the same calling method.

You'll need the following:

1) A visa card. The TOEFL portal accepts only Visa Cards. Access bank Visa card is a reliable visa card and works efficiently. Diamond bank visa card has been noted as to not work always. For Access bank visa cards, you'll need to verify your card first before you can be able to use it for online payments. Verification simply entails getting your I-Pin. To verify, simply walk to the nearest Access Bank ATM, slot in your card, click on 'change I-Pin' and enter any 4-digit I-pin of your choice. The I-Pin is different from your usual 4-digit pin and both SHOULD never be the same.

2) Your first, middle and last names, Address, Date of birth, and Email address details. This is especially important for those who may be calling to order on behalf of someone else. The TOEFL agents ordinarily won't attend to any other person other than the test taker. However, to get by this, the person you're ordering for on his behalf(maybe because you're using your own visa card for the payment), SHOULD provide you with the details outlined above. Be ready to provide the details when the call gets through and the agents asks for them.

3) The ordering report fee is $18 or N2,970(using N165 to $1 exchange rate). Ensure that you have up to this amount in your account for a successful payment.

As usual, your card details(name on card, card's number, expiry date and c.v.v code) will be asked from you.

The number to call is +16097717100 ,and not +31320239593, which is purely for GRE/TOEFL registrations.
Please is TOEFL compulsory for an applicant who is from an English speaking countries like Nigeria.??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2014
please house, can anyone help me out with the minimal cost of living in Louisiana, as per feeding and accommodation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theyjih: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx: Please gurus and guys in the house, I will like to defer my studies till fall 2016 so that I can have ample time to work in the US and gather enough money to finish my studies.

Is this possible?

Urgent replies plz!

Thanks in advance kiss

good joke!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2014
Please I need help on any school I can apply and study medicine with a low tuition and quality education... I'm doing a part time programme currently in Yabatech and the course is SLT. Anyone with information, pls...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OBA1986: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2014
Pls can anyone help with the likely questions that I may be ask in U S embassy for my F1 visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2014
OBA1986: Pls can anyone help with the likely questions that I may be ask in U S embassy for my F1 visa interview

Read through the thread pages, go through successful interview transcripts.. You'll know the likely questions and answers to give
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:29am On Aug 19, 2014
MzJulie: Please I need help on any school I can apply and study medicine with a low tuition and quality education... I'm doing a part time programme currently in Yabatech and the course is SLT. Anyone with information, pls...

What is cheap for me might not be cheap for you.. Check usnews.com to see a few schools, make inquires and select what suites you most.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2014
Theflint1: please house, can anyone help me out with the minimal cost of living in Louisiana, as per feeding and accommodation?

What city? Find the moniker kpolli nd pm him, He should be able to help..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2014
Hello gurus pls hw can I obtain getn dis yellow card"medical stuff" done.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2014
Mckenziii: Hello gurus pls hw can I obtain getn dis yellow card"medical stuff" done.Thanks

Go to the Health section of the MMIA and get it for 1k.. You'll probably be getting a vaccine shot..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2014
@ Honeyad Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Guys and gals... wat do u think I should do, my scheduled flight leaves on the 25th and get to US on the 26th.

But on my extension letter I have arrival date as 25th. Hope it won't affect me at the US point of entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
juntod:

$10,000 out of Nigeria? That nearly choked me. I won't even argue what I know. You sent western union outta 9ja between 2004-2007? THAT AINT TRUE BABE.. The link below clearly indicates that this newly launched outbound transfer agreement with western union is first of its kind here in Nigeria. My dear, I have been working with WUMT since 2005 and there has never been outbound transfer since the launch of western union and money gram in Nigeria.

http://innovation-village.com/nigeria-begins-outbound-money-transfer-service-in-conjunction-with-western-union/
lmao, you are right juntod, how's morgan uni ? Abi u never land for MD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
dolapoKeji:
Please is TOEFL compulsory for an applicant who is from an English speaking countries like Nigeria.??
some schools require it even if you from english speaking country. So speak to your school about it, it might be waived

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
dimmy08: Just left agric section of the us immigration department..they trashed all my indomie n rice..nt funny tho.
you caused that for yourself. I kept repeating it dont bring noodles(indomie) and Rice. You will get enough of that here even maggi are is not neccesary. Well thank God they let you go. Welcome to america

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
imperiouxx: Please gurus and guys in the house, I will like to defer my studies till fall 2016 so that I can have ample time to work in the US and gather enough money to finish my studies.

Is this possible?

Urgent replies plz!

Thanks in advance kiss
yimu tongue, na lie joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cindylee: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Is there no one going to Emory University on Nairaland? I need help please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
ase65: Guys and gals... wat do u think I should do, my scheduled flight leaves on the 25th and get to US on the 26th.

But on my extension letter I have arrival date as 25th. Hope it won't affect me at the US point of entry

Get an extension letter from your school!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
kpolli:

Well said.... That's why some schools demand deposit before sending I-20s now

Keep it up and enforce you to re-do visa interviews to re-issue visas
boss u got a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tor, I actually will pick a dictionary to comprehend all you'v said.

Feexo: BigFrancis & MsNas, I beg you guys to put a stop to this needless arguments. A preponderance of the people here have learned from, and still stand to benefit from your wealth of knowledge. Having said that, let's all learn to imbibe a culture of debate, tolerance for divergent view and constructive criticism. Sometimes I wonder if we can't have an intellectual interlocution and concern ourselves with the substance of the other person's submission without resorting to darts-throwing. More importantly, I think the default mode of the human mind/psychology is predatorial and egotistic, it is up to us as an educated bunch to work on this. Once again, I admire and respect you guys a lot. Please let it go....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Edo people with western Union shaaa o. SMH

juntod:

$10,000 out of Nigeria? That nearly choked me. I won't even argue what I know. You sent western union outta 9ja between 2004-2007? THAT AINT TRUE BABE.. The link below clearly indicates that this newly launched outbound transfer agreement with western union is first of its kind here in Nigeria. My dear, I have been working with WUMT since 2005 and there has never been outbound transfer since the launch of western union and money gram in Nigeria.

http://innovation-village.com/nigeria-begins-outbound-money-transfer-service-in-conjunction-with-western-union/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
zeezahbee: lmao, you are right juntod, how's morgan uni ? Abi u never land for MD

Thanks dear, I don land oh. These guys are cool and friendly here. Haven't started classes though. U?

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.