Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa (2352 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Applying For Usa Visa Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by Excellentman: 1:46am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello House, this is an issues I have been thinking about . Nigerians remains one of the most business dealing with American's in all Aspects but we still remains the country being issued 2 years visa. I can list country that have little to do with US economy but being issued 5 years multiple visa. Sample Gambia. Please I would like to know why and is there anything our affairs minister can do about it.
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by henrychubayo: 6:48am On Oct 18, 2013
South Africa is been issued a 10 years visiting visa.
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by Excellentman: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ghana I heard is 5 or 6 years. Why is our different? And good explaining and if there is any arrangement to increase it.
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by funkybaby(f): 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Excellentman: Ghana I heard is 5 or 6 years. Why is our different? And good explaining and if there is any arrangement to increase it.

not true.

first time successful applicants from ghana also get 2years valid visa. Subsequent renewal.. if all goes well... 5years validity.

@OP
i do not understand why you are moaning about being issued an initial 2years US visa - considering the reasonably low application fee?

what will u say about UK's visa system.... first timers, get 6months not forgetting the exorbitant visa fees that comes with each renewal.

what about the schengen countries that issue visas valid for days/weeks
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by 25omega(m): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Excellentman: Hello House, this is an issues I have been thinking about . Nigerians remains one of the most business dealing with American's in all Aspects but we still remains the country being issued 2 years visa. I can list country that have little to do with US economy but being issued 5 years multiple visa. Sample Gambia. Please I would like to know why and is there anything our affairs minister can do about it.
It's because we as a country have a bad reputation of not leaving after visiting. Even as much as other countries do the same, we are seen and heard. Our name is used by people who aren't even from Nigeria and our international rep continues to sit in the toilet.
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2013
The US embassies in India do issue 10 years multiple entry visas.What about that?The thing is,the State department advises Consular Officers to issue long term multiple entry visas as much as possible,in other to save themselves the stress of handling a huge number of re-applications yearly.But of course,whether that happens or not depends on the reputation of the country,and its citizens.Does Nigeria enjoy a fantastic reputation?
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by imperiouxx(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
Majority of African population in US is Nigerian. So, 2 years is good for them to track their intentions of staying put.
Re: Reason Why Nigerians Were Not Issued 5years USA Visa by Cmeo(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
the simple and correct response (i believe) to this is becos of what america state department called Visa reciprocal/reciprocity. That is the US does to ur country people (in terms of visa validity) what ur country does to US citizens (in terms of Nig visa validity for a US citizen). That is the trick. For more info check on US state department for visa reciprocity.

(1) (Reply)

Moving To England / My Road Trip From Asaba To Chad (live Update). / Forgot To Print Online Nigerian Visa Application Form! Any Advice Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.