Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer (37355 Views)

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ / N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous / Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by kid7soccer(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
So dis people no want make man go school na wa ooo
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Norajones(f): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tuntheycr7: And now this is getting serious.....
And anywhere wey two Elephants de fight na d grasses wey de under na im de hear am
n na d students be d grass oo
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Mergic(m): 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU rejects FG offer again..this shii is nw looking like Transfer Window..!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Why is it hard for people to comprehend that ASUU wants FG to honour/implement the 2009 agreement..

What is agreement? Una nor get dictionary nii? Agreement is agreement. ASUU is fighting for us not for its selfish interest.. If otherwise, they would have accepted all those offers.

I support ASUU! They know the money is chicken change to FG.

If ASUU accept the offer, i'd call it bribe.. Let FG honour and implement the agreement of 2009. Point blank!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by awodman: 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
But finally this thing don dey turn to Transfer Window grin
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by pashulli1994: 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Who really mean well for the youth of this country? Both goverment and ASUU I don't know which one values our education? We know what our lecturers are capable of in the classrooms. coolWho really mean well for the youth of this country? Both goverment and ASUU I don't know which one values our education? We know what our lecturers are capable of in the classrooms.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by bigcycs: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
as much as people want to go on berating ASUU ,its is important to take some time out and consider this FG and its antecedents ,its penchant for reneging on agreements etc.

then move a step forward and consider how much money is been pilfered left right and center.

hundreds of millions is spent to buy 2 cars for 1 Nigerian to drive around in,that is apart from how many more millions must have been spent that we know not about

some ex-militant just got paid in hundreds of millions of dollars for keeping our waters so safe that not a drop of crude oil is been stolen this days

welcome our dear senators who just rejected houses that billions had already been spent on.. these are just recent occurrences.. the ones we here about..now consider all the financial malfeasance that is going down every single day that we hear not about.. all these is happening and of course these lecturers know it..we all know a whole lot of money is been mis-applied everyday in this country .

yet FG will not honor an agreement ..people blaming ASUU are not been realistic..i am not in anyway holding brief for ASUU who on their own na another palaver.. but they must pay what they agreed to pay and let the onus lie on ASUU to misbehave only then can we now blame the hell out of ASUU.

there is money for senators, ministers cars, and all sortsa nansense wey no go benefit us collectively ...na d one wey concern the people na him go cripple the economy ..all the money wey dem dey steal since join the one wey dem go steal carry enter future ...

they should pay ASUU ...if things dont improve after ASUU recieves their money FG and indeed all nigerians will not take it lightly with ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
stantob:

Why ? Our government squander money.
Federal Government should comply fully with agreement reached.
It is better to tackle the issue once and for all.
Don't you think so undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
I don't think so! The poor infrastructure issue did not start this year, twas a gradual problem until it became unbearable. So I think the so called ASUU should be reasonable enough to understand that it cannot be solved over night.

It's sickening when people keep saying government this, government that, this whole issue doesn't make any difference, the fact is; they're happy that we're on strike, who will drive their kids car when are all educated? Huh?
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by prov1029(m): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Burger01 An agreement is an agreement.. govt should fulfil and deliver.

I agree.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Amefrica: Why is it hard for people to comprehend that ASUU wants FG to honour/implement the 2009 agreement..

What is agreement? Una nor get dictionary nii? Agreement is agreement. ASUU is fighting for us not for its selfish interest.. If otherwise, they would have accepted all those offers.

I support ASUU! They know the money is chicken change to FG.

If ASUU accept the offer, i'd call it bribe.. Let FG honour and implement the agreement of 2009. Point blank!
Nonsense! Don't even start with the whole agreement bull.s..hit.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by oliviastacey(f): 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
what's all dis!!! may God arrest all these leaders dis weekend! in Jesus name I pray…AMEN!! I BELIEVE!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by oofiliaaron(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
eagle,eye:

actually it can be paid in a day if it concerns our Senators and House Reps. welfare.
. ASUU should quit d lecturin job & go contest for senators & house of reps.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Phder:
Nonsense! Don't even start with the whole agreement bull.s..hit.

Really?! Tell me more. undecided t w a t
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Amefrica:

Really?! Tell me more. undecided t w a t
Why don't you focus your attention on passing jamb. In the mean time save the name calling because I never insulted you.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
oofiliaaron: . ASUU should quit d lecturin job & go contest for senators & house of reps.
Don't mind those lecturers. I see a need for reformation in our educational sector, but it's not an overnight thing, let them start with the already disbursed fund and allow us to get back to school.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by SUBMARINE: 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
Y do Nigerians expect GEJ to transform Nigeria educational system overnight after decade of neglect.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by oliviastacey(f): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
what's all dis!!! may God arrest all these leaders dis weekend! in Jesus name I pray…AMEN!! I BELIEVE!!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by simdam500(m): 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU knew i'll be successful
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by oliviastacey(f): 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
God touch our leaders tonight! Amen
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Phder:
Why don't you focus your attention on passing jamb. In the mean time save the name calling because I never insulted you.

grin Me? Jamb? Really?! Lwkmd oo grin. Btw I didnt insult you, i only asked u to tell me more. smiley
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Amefrica:

grin Me? Jamb? Really?! Lwkmd oo grin. Btw I didnt insult you, i only asked u to tell me more. smiley
Last time I checked "t.w.a.t" isn't a complimentary word. I was just kidding with the "Jamb" stuff. I've come across your post on travel section before, we have a mutual friend sort of.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Phder:
Last time I checked "t.w.a.t" isn't a complimentary word. I was just kidding with the "Jamb" stuff. I've come across your post on travel section before, we have a mutual friend sort of.

grin I see u bro! What's up nah?

Sorry for the hmmm i meant no harm.. wink

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Amefrica:

grin I see u bro! What's up nah?

Sorry for the hmmm i meant no harm.. wink
Am cool bro...Living a day at a time.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Smooyis: Is it really that Nigeria is broke and we do not have enough money to invest in our educational sector, or is it sheer apathy on the side of the government to the plight of University students and their lecturers, going by the decay in the sector? Relationships are built on trust. ASUU seems to be saying. Once beaten, twice shy.

Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with university they will only have problem with the university if they are not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter ranking and compete with Western Universities.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Phder:
Am cool bro...Living a day at a time.

Good to hear.. Be safe! smiley

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by brosun(m): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
amiable4real: I think it is high time we call ASUU to order. Enough is enough of this nonsense. Why should they hold the country into ransom. If the Government is shifting base, why can't ASUU too shift position, to resolve the matter amicably,or is ASUU waiting for the Nigeria students to go on the streets in the name of protest and cause more havoc. If it starts believe me, the country will be hot. Somebody should talk now, the students are already losing their patience. A word is enough for the wise.
You sound like a nincompoop. Responsible people are talking about the way forward, and you're speaking the language of violence. You seem to have more brawn than brains. Ufortunately this cannot carry you far in the present reality when we're talking of breached agreements and unfulfilled promises. When muscles are needed to push the broken down vehicle of government, you may be consulted as political thug by your likes!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nelodiva: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
If we are to invistigate 50% of the so-called leaders heading the ASUU strike and are admant about calling off the strik,their children are either not in this country or they are in private schools or av graduated 4geting dat dey are drawing back the future of some pple 500bn can't finish everytn but it can start sumtn afterall rome wasn't built in a day.may God help us in dis country 4rm our selfish motive
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Izonlucky: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Gee001: Strike continues and ends only God knows when. Dear God, pls do something. I pirry una o. So happy my school isn't on strike, the era of strike is over#teamRSUST
owk we don hear undecided undecided next..
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Dgov6: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote
author=debbiebear]ASUU pls nd pls FG don shift grounds abeg make una
try shake body small na......I tot dats wht negotiation is all about
[/quote]
FYI: ASUU is not negotiating with FG. This has already been done and deal closed. ASUU is now insisting on the implementaion of an agreement reached since 2009 which was a result of several negotiations between both parties. I hope this little explanation helps....
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by drmikeadams(m): 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
oga jonthan no dey impress me at all.......then ASUU na jokers.....then ASUU demanding for that such amount..will they reduce the exorbitant school fees students are paying..??oga jona dey usa dey hapi say un don give nigeria seat for security council so em no get time for ASUU.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by MagicBishop: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Smooyis: Is it really that Nigeria is broke and we do not
have enough money to invest in our educational sector, or is it sheer apathy on the side of the government to the plight of University students and their lecturers, going by the decay in the sector? Relationships are built on trust. ASUU seems to be saying. Once beaten, twice shy.

FG is taking too much responsibilities and doing too little.

Which University is managed by the U.S. govt.?

Only in Nigeria, do we have private profit making universities usually owned by a single individual.

Only in Nigeria are lecturers part of the Civil Service.

Government needs to wash it's hands off so many responsibilities that were carved out by previous paternalistic Military administrations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ortom Warns Against Drinking, Womanizing In Government House / Lawyer Begs Saraki To Enter Dock At The Tribunal / Awwal Bindo Set To Wed, See Pre-wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.