Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer (37350 Views)

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ / N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous / Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Yemlizzy(f): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wonders shall never cease,an agreement was made so why wasn't it fulfilled? Its not like the money is not there or something....when it comes to un-important things that exclude the educational sector one wil b suprised that more priority will be given to such areas its not shocking since most of this so called nation builders send their wards abroad 2 school with the money they successfully embezzle.....shikena!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by darlingbobo(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU is fighting a good course though is painful. If a government that reached and signed an agreement since 2009 is yet to implement it till date, then that government is only a cheater or a joker. A time has come to tell any unrepentant government that the period of cheating your people blindly has gone.

I totally support ASUU and I also pity our young people that are paying the price. But at times like this is better to endure and get things right. We all read it and hear it every where that standard of education in Nigeria is very poor. ASUU knowns and understand it best in term of our education system. Why can't FG give them the necessary support to put things right.

Nigeria is among the countries that has the lowest budgetary allocation to education. UN also has prescribed a quota which our country is yet to implement. Nigeria is rich, and we always claim to be a giant, so why can't we do things in giants' way as needed. I'm sure if the money is for PDP convention, aahhhhh, they would sign out the money sharp sharp.

ASUU is on the right track, let government just honour an agreement it made with ASUU simple. Is so childish on the part of government that in 2013 we are still talking of strike, when 2020 is around the corner.

I plead with the Nigerian students to please give their patient and support to ASUU, ASUU is fighting for their good. Nothing good comes easy. Is time government listen to the people.

Darlington Ikoku
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by mkoabiola: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2013
ASUU has being politicised.
Wat dey requested for is too outrageous.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 19, 2013
600 billion and they're still complaining.? Bloody nitwits. Greedy humans. Selling out the future of the younger generation.... Bloody ass wipes. ASSYOU
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Demdem(m): 5:54am On Oct 19, 2013
mko abiola: ASUU has being politicised.
Wat dey requested for is too outrageous.

Jonathan personally presented it to Yaradua to sign because he knows its implementable. Who are u to suggest otherwise?
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by edygistvilla(m): 9:01am On Oct 19, 2013
sometimes i wonder whether ASUU as a pressure group is really a pressure group or a group of desperate intellectuals...students have stayed at home for five good months...dont they have feelings...they should call of this strike at the interest of students please
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by akmaldini(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Fank God mi skul did not join great NOUN Students...
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by edygistvilla(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2013
ASUU! Small but mighty. Ever since I was born,I have never seen
any union/group that fight the FG to her kneels except ASUU.To
me,looking at this issue critically and holistically,the FG have not
been sincere to honour agrements and ASUU too,is very selfish in
presenting such an ambiguous agrement before the FG.Come to
think of it,they want to live life like their foreign counterparts in the
western world while they dont have the character that is
obtainable there.In that part of the world,no lecturer intimedate
students.Sorting is not found in their system.It is a punishable
offence to sleep with a female students just to let her pass ur
course.There,the relationship between students and their lecturers
is in the class room.But u guys are not like that.U guys are a very
opposite of such obtainable afformentioned characters.I know u
guys are fighting for what is right.But u dont need to do that at the
expense of the innocent students u kept idle at home.U need to
call-off this strike before a week time or else,prepare to start
paying ransom for ur kidnap primary/secondary school
children.Maybe by then u wil knw what it means for varsity
studnts to be idle at home because of strike!!!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Swiftboy(m): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Magic Bishop:

FG is taking too much responsibilities and doing too little.

Which University is managed by the U.S. govt.?

Only in Nigeria, do we have private profit making universities usually owned by a single individual.

Only in Nigeria are lecturers part of the Civil Service.

Government needs to wash it's hands off so many responsibilities that were carved out by previous paternalistic Military administrations.
even if FG should back off from education,certain things must be put in place. Let government honour the MOU first!how many people do you think have enough money to invest in university? Ever heard of the term capital intensive?And how many African country do it that way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo: PDP Drags Justice Obile Before NJC / You Rigged 2023 Election, Not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo Knocks Peter Obi / 10 Groups Of People Enjoying The Tinubu Administration Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.