Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer (37305 Views)

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ / N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous / Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by naija2dabone(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
missing person:

prof femi, last seen @ a lecturer speaks

very articulate and he alone has the best idea on ASUU-FG face off.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nokingasgod: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
donphilopus: These people should try and do something concerning the Strike, the Youths are tired of sitting down at home doing nothing.

We all know the FG is not trying, but they should try and bear with them so that students can go back to school. The strike can be suspended, so that the students would be able to write their Exams while Negotiation continues

...and continue baking breads without flour, dough, sugar etc. May God help us.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Guys getup and groom yaselves oh.
Dis strike aint ending dis yr. Nxt yr tins.
Am tyad of sitin and watching these old men fool me.. I gat to groom myself for the future rather than act indolentli all in the hope of Earli resolution of strike ish!.. If u r my shoes, follow me and stat grooming urself..

Weldne Mr lecturer(s)..
Weldne Fg.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by taharqa: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Saint Chukz: What is this one saying? The total amount they (ASUU) are demanding for from the FG. Is child's play compared to the amount used in servicing those bunch of Lazy pot-bellied legislators every single year(yes you heard me right, every single year) and this they are even demanding over a period of 4 years. Anyway...i believe ASUU won't back off from their position.
[size=19]OLODO[/size] ... STOP stewing things you know NOTHING about, IGNORAMUS. In other words: learn to Shut that mouth up at times..
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Vladm(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
......Jst wen i started parking my things nd preping 4 school... WTF is wrong wit diz ppl.......buh i agree wit ASUU sha TRUST is gaind nt giving
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Redhot111(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hw will d students dat are caught between d web see ASUU. 1 inconsiderate bastards
2. Destiny killers
3. Soul robbers
4. Brain killer
5. Intellect suppresssors
Infact ASSU don Bleep up well well 4 dis 1 wey dem do so
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Mimisboygreat: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
It's high time this ASUU can go to hell.what?so they prefer us staying at home*traveling to UK *
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by adihuc(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wic way nigeria, nawa ooo, wot hurts me a lot is dat, de routers of all dis problems sents dia childs overseas to study n come back only to choose office of dia choice...
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by pbling: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
collet wat u c,
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nokingasgod: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Don't be a FOOOL, my frnd. 'This Govt must bend' u say; that is what is important to WEAK MINDS like you, right? If you bliv that it is possible for d Govt, any Govt for that mata in Naija, to smhow provide #500bn IN A YEAR for Infrastructure of Universities alone (and this is EXCLUSIVE of Polythetics, Colleges of Education, Secondary Skuls, Primary Skuls, AND d huge Salaries and Running costs of d entire educational system) when d entire Capital budget is #1.5trillion, then must be living in some far away lala land..... The unbelievable quests by sm of u chaps to do anytin, support anytin in a lame attempt to undermine one man, will lead to d destruction of this nation. See what that same quests is doing to d USA today...

Oga I beg to differ. ASUU's argument is simple, you signed an agreement where you undertook to do certain things within certain period. Before you signed the agreement, you must have studied it to ensure its viability. ASUU also alleged that the president was involved while he was still the VP and that he studied the agreement before advising the then president to signed it off. Now if things changed and you could not fulfill your obligations as promised, you have to be sober enough to appeal for renegotiation. You don't bulldoze the other party for your own inadequacy. It is crass irresponsibility.

This to me is not;
i. ''a lame attempt to undermine one man'', which ''will lead to d destruction of this nation''. Rather, the ''one man'' should be honorable and responsible enough to fulfill his obligation after-all it was said that a man's word is his bond. Nobody is saying decision makers are saints but they are not Lords either. They are human beings who are as fallible as any other and so should not be arrogant any time they erred. What irked ASUU and every reasonable person is not only government's inability to fulfill their part of the bargain but the ways and manners they are going about it.

ii. related to the U.S impasse. The American system is not as lame as what we have in our hands here where ''one man'' can play the almighty. THe American constitution is sacrosanct and you can see the way they are resolving the issues
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by BabaEleko(m): 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
PrettyRita: Its now evident that opposition groups have hijacked the industrial action. Its quite unfortunate

You ailment get cure. Mix Alombo and otapiapia. E go sama that sickness one time.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by sublimes: 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
How would the educational system be improved if we still have in place this obsolete curriculum?? Why is ASUU not fighting for a change in the university curriculum that would address our modern challenges?? What the Nigerian Educational System needs is not more money but a change of mindset... Even if the Govt injects all the money in the world today in to the university system, would it stop admission frauds? Will the employment of lecturers be based on ethnicity, religion, "man know man" or on merit? You will be amazed at the calibre of lecturers In some universities in the north, lecturers recruited based on religion and ethnic background who find it very very difficult to express themselves. I wonder the kind of knowledge they would impact. We have equipments in our universities that are yet to be commissioned just because nobody can operate them and yet you clamour for more....we keep recycling handoutzs every year with no research work done... Pls the challenges are so numerous, we need a total overhauling of our mindset.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Korrection(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Shut up,are u educated at all.
ochilikoko: what on earth is d problem of this old men? Do they think that d whole Money can be paid in a day? Nawa 4 Naija ooo
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by dguizman(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
all i want is just for my skul to leave ASUU nd stand on their own,we dont want any infastructure...we are ok with d one we have..Bleep FG,Bleep ASUU
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nokingasgod: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
grin
Sonville: ASUU common we are tired of staying @ home...atleast think about the students...so sad

Now you see what ASUU is fighting for, the term is ''come on'' and not ''common''. ASUU is obviously tired of churning out ''half baked'' graduates like you
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by timwezzb(m): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Can Some Body plsss tell ME wat is going ON coz I can't read all that POST is to Long 4 ME.................?
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by bobaustin(m): 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hmmn! Wat mor can we say? Wen i wil goin 2get a gud result 4rm dz pple. GOD z watchin sha
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nokingasgod: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
[sub][/sub]
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by bobaustin(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hmmn! Wat mor can we say? Wen i wil goin 2get a gud result 4rm dz pple. GOD z watchin shaHmmn! Wat mor can we say? Wen i wil goin 2get a gud result 4rm dz pple. GOD z watchin shaHmmn! Wat mor can we say? Wen i wil goin 2get a gud result 4rm dz pple. GOD z watchin sha
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by ojeshola: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
sorry whats ASUU

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Hearme(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ghana Graduate Medical School Tution for foreign student is $12,000 i.e 1.98million naira per sessions for 4 sessions = 7.92million naira.

That is the amount several Nigerian Graduates from physiology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, biochemistry and biology related courses go to pay in Ghana. This is a government school and Nigerians are the most populated foreign student in this school. What makes Nigerian government to continue to subsidize education when it knows it will not fund the aspect of what it is subsidizing. I think the government must change drastically if we must begin to make waves as a country. This school will continue to grow and ours continue to die if we dont change.

Change is the only word for now. Lets throw sentiments away. Why will the tution fees of few Nigerians going to study abroad in the UK and US only be greater than the entire ministry of education in Nigeria. It shows that if we improve the standards of our schools, foreigners will come in and we can also generate a lot of funds. This is the best time to do it, since the North African Universities and some Middle East Universities have been under political crises and wars.

ASUU should prepare a strong presentation for the revolutionizing of our schools in the forthcoming National conference.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by k9yt(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
ochilikoko: what on earth is d problem of this old men? Do they think that d whole Money can be paid in a day? Nawa 4 Naija ooo

NIGERIA CAN PAY THAT MOMEY IN MINUTES, WE HAVE THE MONEY
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by gunners160(m): 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
fresh_dude: If you are not a waste of life, you would know that rules, laws, checks, supervision exist for a reason. Does ASUU's 'propensity?' To steal mean that you and your children do not deserve the sincerity and the effort of the FG to, at least, attempt to provide the best educational environment possible? Are you this daft? Wtf! Are you mad?
So, because FERMA will misappropriate funds FG should not provide for road constructiona nd maintenance in the budget and make sure that money is used for what it is earmarked for?
Do you really intend to have children? Please don't, do not proliferate the uselessness in your genes, you alone are enough for Nigeria.
honestly u r gat damn daft.4rm ur post i dnt need 2 b tld u reason like ASUU.common let face d fact fg as given ASUU more dan half a trillioin nd d fg stil hv asup 2 face wat else do dey stiill want?fg shifted grounds bt ASUU dnt kare.if actually dey care y nt start 4rm d little dey hv nd lets see if ys dey r doin dat 4 d wellbeing of d student.hv u 4gotten dat dhr was a rumor abt d ASUU chairman buyin a p.jet nd sum ASUU board who r livin large.4 every single rumor dhr r sum element of truth. A frnd of my younger bro was gistin us ystday wen dey came bck 4rm dhr yeye meeting hw dey do enjoy sum benefit 4rm dis strike.i am sure sum student here dat r also part of all dis ASUU meetin kan confirm dat.i laugh at u because u gat a shallow brain
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Don't be a FOOOL, my frnd. 'This Govt must bend' u say; that is what is important to WEAK MINDS like you, right? If you bliv that it is possible for d Govt, any Govt for that mata in Naija, to smhow provide #500bn IN A YEAR for Infrastructure of Universities alone (and this is EXCLUSIVE of Polythetics, Colleges of Education, Secondary Skuls, Primary Skuls, AND d huge Salaries and Running costs of d entire educational system) when d entire Capital budget is #1.5trillion, then must be living in some far away lala land..... The unbelievable quests by sm of u chaps to do anytin, support anytin in a lame attempt to undermine one man, will lead to d destruction of this nation. See what that same quests is doing to d USA today...

Mumú! When the government signed the agreement in 2009, didnt 'your man' know FG's capital budget ignoramus
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by gunners160(m): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
sublimes: How would the educational system be improved if we still have in place this obsolete curriculum?? Why is ASUU not fighting for a change in the university curriculum that would address our modern challenges?? What the Nigerian Educational System needs is not more money but a change of mindset... Even if the Govt injects all the money in the world today in to the university system, would it stop admission frauds? Will the employment of lecturers be based on ethnicity, religion, "man know man" or on merit? You will be amazed at the calibre of lecturers In some universities in the north, lecturers recruited based on religion and ethnic background who find it very very difficult to express themselves. I wonder the kind of knowledge they would impact. We have equipments in our universities that are yet to be commissioned just because nobody can operate them and yet you clamour for more....we keep recycling handoutzs every year with no research work done... Pls the challenges are so numerous, we need a total overhauling of our mindset.
u r d only persn here wit dsame sch of thought wit me i said dsame thing sum.... Were jst sayin nonsense.give ASUU a trillion i am tellin u dey wuld stil embark on anoda strike after sumtime.all those old nd corrupt men r stiil dhr.even wit gud jamb scores u r nt still secure.student 4rm uj kan confirm dis.we paid 4 develpment fee wen tyoden ws d vc den even 1 ant infastructure una see.we all knw wat e did wit d money uptill date nobody cares 2 ask wr is our money.people suffer nt because of moneiy bt dhr poor mindset
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by opeyehmmy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
'ASUU rejects N600 BILLION offer' Dis whole tin has become a Transfer Market or is dis d transfer window period?
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Ddy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Burger01: An agreement is an agreement.. govt should fulfil and deliver.

sad

i can see,u no wan go school. haahahaha.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Assonite(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Plz wot is ASUU ......its it related to Asu Ekiye?
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Luizkid(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
“It was this same Mr President that mid-wifed the agreement in 2009 when he was the Vice President. The MoU was in his custody. He studied the agreement well before asking then President Umaru Yar’Adua to sign it".
Hmmm....Jonathan, is it trueeeee??
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by dagr8oy: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
screenagerjoe: Tnk God ooo, now i can concentrate on my WEED distribution bizness. #cool cash#

hope u get nice perfume cheesy
screenagerjoe: Tnk God ooo, now i can concentrate on my WEED distribution bizness. #cool cash#

hope u get nice perfume
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by dagr8oy: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Ministers Who Plan To Travel Abroad After May 29 And Their "Excuses" / Gbenga Daniel And Rotimi Amaechi In Campaign Debate On Channels TV / DSS, Army Storm Forest In Sokoto To Engage Armed Militia From Mali. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.