Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land (23259 Views)

Revealed: Abuja Was Part Of Igboland / CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) / Let's Be Honest , The Un Bombing In Abuja Was Carried Out By The Americans ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Arosa(m): 1:28am On Oct 19, 2013
IdeaIsNeed:
*information*
You are still a learner, that was supposed to be a joke. "Wikipedia don't always given us false informations"

PS, if yous forms the habit of correcting peeps words or spellings you would gos mad. lipsrsealed
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Mgbadike80: 5:18am On Oct 19, 2013
I don't support the habit of always correcting peoples grammatical blunders but most posts on this thread contains unpardonable violations of the elementary rules of grammar.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by ABAKA72(m): 5:44am On Oct 19, 2013
ibedun: Igbo parasites are at it again. Stop lambasting the BBC joor. Abuja belongs to the Gwari people anytime anyday.

FCT for where, the land belongs to the Gwari people.

Buying a land somewhere doesn't give you automatic right of citizenship or belonging. You remain a guest and in the long run the land reverts back to the owners. My homeless Eastern brothers don't like the truth.

another hungry and frustrated individual, so na only igbos be non-indigenes in Abuja? no be igbos put you for this condition wey you dey, na laziness cause am, work hard like the igbos so that you can feed well and be comfortable enough to make responsible comments on this forum.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 5:46am On Oct 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You are beyond stupi.d. Dumb slaveboy. ''Oh don't insult their country!'' But you're happy to insult Nigeria. In your dumb and brutish, bush mentality, the fact they are more developed means they are irreproachable gods who cannot be questioned.

Ignorant, pea-brain numskull.

I think you are a slave to poverty of the mind

do you even read the article ?,ODE, what does a BBC article on Abuja got to do with UK as a whole

Use your head to think and not your mouth, may be u are hungry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 5:54am On Oct 19, 2013
donLEXY:

I will have to disagree with this statement "to our advantage" their business is never to our advantage. Do you think if they are not making more than enough profit, they will stay? let the govt. try and stop them from doing business with us and see how mad they will go...... I can not categorically tell you how mad, and their oga @ the top will now say they will go madder than that at this time, that is why in my meniacal bewilderment I want you to ask them

(1) don't they pay taxes to the FG - to our benefits
(2) what of diverse products and services they offer us to enrich our services; banking, better air travel ( is arik better than BA?), Unilever products that we all use.
(3) If our Govt tells them to leave,( Nigerian govt would declare not do), is Nigeria the only country in the world, what of China, middle east, Asia pacific, Latin America and even other African countries
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 6:00am On Oct 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

ACTUALLY YOU ARE THE TYPICAL IGNORAMUS. The writer's country, Britain, STOLE THE ENTIRE NIGERIA for 100 years, ROBBING IT BLIND, and he has not said anything, yet you listen when he pontificates about Gwari peoples' land being 'stolen'?

THAT MAKES YOU a DUMB HE-GOAT.

Oh and please do stick your racist, self-hating ''typical black Nigerian'' bigotry up your stinky, slaveboy assshole.

ROSSIKE is still stuck in colonial era. Britain stole Nigeria for 100 yrs. what of the corrupt leaders in Nigeria. are they enriching the land or looting at a greater level than Brits allegedly did. MUMU.

You are the slave both of poverty and ignorant. u probably have never travel outside Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Ibime(m): 6:21am On Oct 19, 2013
FG has been stealing land from indigenous people since the Land Act of the 70s. Of course there were people in Abuja before FG expropriated it.

Re: IBB debate. IBB is a Gwari man
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Evasmillingguy(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2013
WildChild00: Dont be surprise BBC is short of news @ the moment.

I totally agree with you
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Natural1986(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2013
luvable sam: The Falkland islands is in Argentina about 12,000kms away from britain, y does the UK claim it as part of their territory?..Pls the UK shld settle its domestic problems ,tackle their lack of natural resources and give back the falklands to Argentina before they talk about Nigeria...

still doesn't change d fact that Abuja was stolen from d natives (Gwari) and till date remain uncompensated and still live in abject poverty!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Everfrank(m): 7:19am On Oct 19, 2013
BBC cannot change history. We are fully aware how American Indians were exterminated, their land murderously confiscated by Europeans and on that land USA was built. The story is the same in Australia where the Pygmies' land was confiscated for building modern day Australia. We also never forget how Britons killed and took Zimbabwean land( thanks to Robert Mugabe- the only surviving pan African president- for reversing this occupation). The case of Palestinian land and the Israeli occupation, incarceration and brazen disregard for human rights and UN resolutions was/is fully backed by the British. The case of Falkland, Guantanamo bay and other Western overseas military formations that are built on land that cannot be I reclaimed by the owners also abound. Thieves.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Everfrank(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2013
Natural1986:

still doesn't change d fact that Abuja was stolen from d natives (Gwari) and till date remain uncompensated and still live in abject poverty!
The Land Use Act of 1977 vests ownership of all Nigerian land in the hands of the federal government. Many people have lost their land and resources to this law, not only the Gwari- who were equally, though inadequately, compensated. The various hydroelectric projects, oil exploration, the national electric grid and oil pipelines etc have all taken land from people. The Certificates Of Occupancy- C of O- given by government to land owners equally has a life span. We are all tenants at the will of government. There is nothing anybody about this unless and until the land use act is abrogated or reviewed. The government can collect your house today for "over riding public interest".

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by 2good(m): 8:05am On Oct 19, 2013
luvable sam: The Falkland islands is in Argentina about 12,000kms away from britain, y does the UK claim it as part of their territory?..Pls the UK shld settle its domestic problems ,tackle their lack of natural resources and give back the falklands to Argentina before they talk about Nigeria...
There was a referendum and a vote by the residents of the Island last year on whether to remain as a British territory or gain independence and they choose to remain a British territory.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 19, 2013
The truth is that gwari pple r so damn primitive!
Good houses were built for them across FCT yet they prefer living in caves. I mean caves!
Fews yrs back there was plan to have. Gwari man as Chief of Abuja, don't know how it all ended.
Has anybody seen gwari pple before?
Health care officials find it very difficult administering health services to them.
Schools built for their children r occupied by foreigners.

They r agricultural pple, oya do mechanised farming, no way. Go to Zuba, they live behind those zuba mountains. They hardly intermingle.
How will they grow economicaly if they don't want to be part of the new Abuja?
I just hope and pray their children will do better.

This their mentality is very deadly.
Some said they r descendents of the fulanis.
They can do anything not to intermingle with pple.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by 76Naira(m): 8:47am On Oct 19, 2013
When BBC starts talking negatively about a nation, there is something against the UK interest at stake.
Although I recognize and respect the UK as a first world nation, I am one of those Nigerians who believe they can do pretty well at home.
Even if I were offered a UK residence, it would be such an inconvenience at the moment.

Thanks for your observations but you are the biggest rogues as history shows.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by ikeyman00(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2013
@@@

ibedun: 11:06pm On Oct 18
I
gbo parasites are at it again. Stop lambasting the BBC joor. Abuja belongs to the Gwari people anytime anyday.

FCT for where, the land belongs to the Gwari people.

Buying a land somewhere doesn't give you automatic right of citizenship or belonging. You remain a guest and in the long run the land reverts back to the owners. My homeless Eastern brothers don't like the truth.

too much ofe oilly
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by ikeyman00(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2013
@@@
mmark12
You are the and a big FOOL

UK companies are parasitic and NIGERIAN companies are holier than thou - IDIOTIC SOLOMON

SHELL VS NNPC: which is parasitic and more corrupt - MUMU SOLOMON

Standard chartered vs Nigerian Banks. don't even go there - ODE SOLOMON

BBC VS NTA: hahahahahahaha, U can disagree with their reports

BA VS Arik: let me not swear for you

Unilever vs ? no Nigerian local firm

UK Universities vs Nigerian Universities - CRICKET SOUNDS I HEAR

ODE SOLOMON: Maybe u dey vex becos they deny you visa

interestingly bullocks
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by ibedun: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2013
ABAKA72: another hungry and frustrated individual, so na only igbos be non-indigenes in Abuja? no be igbos put you for this condition wey you dey, na laziness cause am, work hard like the igbos so that you can feed well and be comfortable enough to make responsible comments on this forum.
igbo parasite too dey form. Go develop una place! Abuja belongs to the Gwari people. 5 of una be tenants for my house. Yet go dey form like say the hoise be their own!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@
mmark12

interestingly bullocks

May be your father castrated you at a young age that is why you are thinking and talking like a transvestite grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by solomon111(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2013
Na wa o.
Some Nigerians are unapologetic slaves to the UK.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by obailala(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Everfrank: BBC cannot change history. We are fully aware how American Indians were exterminated, their land murderously confiscated by Europeans and on that land USA was built. The story is the same in Australia where the Pygmies' land was confiscated for building modern day Australia. We also never forget how Britons killed and took Zimbabwean land( thanks to Robert Mugabe- the only surviving pan African president- for reversing this occupation). The case of Palestinian land and the Israeli occupation, incarceration and brazen disregard for human rights and UN resolutions was/is fully backed by the British. The case of Falkland, Guantanamo bay and other Western overseas military formations that are built on land that cannot be I reclaimed by the owners also abound. Thieves.

So because the British steal people's land, does it then make it right for Nigeria to steal land?? Are you trying to justify the FG taking land without due compensation simply because Britain does it??... or are you just fixated in the fact that the reporter is British and hence has no right to say the truth or judge anyone??... when on Earth will Nigerians learn to focus on the message and forget the character of the messenger??

Wise people accept criticism and improve on themselves while foolish people expend all their resources running after their critics
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by generalshamusu(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=mmark12]Whoa lots of UK haters in this forum. you can disagree with article but these hateful remarks shows that Nigerians still has a long road ahead.

Dont forget Britain does lots of trade with Nigeria to our benefits

SHELL: Largest Oil & Gas,producing the biggest crude oil, larger than NNPC -UK
Guinness Nigeria: Subsidiary of Diageo - UK
170,000 Nigerian students per yr: Destination - UK Universities
British Airways / Virgin- UK
Standard Chartered
Unilever
etc

WHY THE HATRED ? na wa oh

By the way pls stop comparing their economy with ours, theirs is way way way better than ours. U don't see their citizens struggling to immigrate to Nigeria[/quote. my friend i dont think anybody on this forum is trying 2make any comparison btw both economies (naija and uk), all we are saying is they should our beloved naija alone!!! SHIKENA
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Elebiju: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2013
A land in the core of the map stolen!why is the west beefing us?afterall windsor castle was built on igboland and no one has ever made reference to it infact bbc headquarters was buit on stolen yoruba land,boring country with boring ideas.Okada abeg carry me go airport road jawe.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by generalshamusu(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2013
Hey guys i dey hail o, abeg am new here and i dont kno my way around very well...can sum1 pls teach me how 2 reply a post? *begging on me knees*
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Rossikk(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
mmark12:

ROSSIKE is still stuck in colonial era. Britain stole Nigeria for 100 yrs. what of the corrupt leaders in Nigeria. are they enriching the land or looting at a greater level than Brits allegedly did. MUMU.

You are the slave both of poverty and ignorant. u probably have never travel outside Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Worthless, brain-dead, self-hating Uncle Tom. The British in their 100 years stealing bonanza left you with no infrastructure and just one university. In 100 years. That was why our grandparents were all illiterates. Literacy was at 10% at independence, compared to 75 % today, thanks to indigenous rule. Statistically, if the British were still in charge, we would have two universities today, not 135. And literacy rate would be 15% not 75%. Meaning you would most likely be a hut-dwelling village peasant today, illiterate to the hilt, not a literate but spiteful, overfed self-hater. In the 100 years of British rule, Nigerian export earnings were siphoned to Britain at a rate of over 95%. Which was why Nigeria was nothing but bush at independence, with infant mortality at 259 per 1000 compared to 75 per 1000 today. So think twice before EVER IN YOUR LIFE comparing British grand theft with whatever comparatively PUNY corruption we see today under indigenous rule. Name me one power plant the British built in their 100 years rule? You can't because they built nothing. All they did was import huge generators to power a few choice parts of some cities. No rural area saw a lightbulb till after independence in 1960. They built no national grid. Thank your lucky stars for independence. It was the best thing that ever happened to you, even though you and your ilk are far too dense and stu.pid to realise it.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by obailala(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Rossikk: Worthless, brain-dead, self-hating Uncle Tom. The British in their 100 years stealing bonanza left you with no infrastructure and just one university. In 100 years. That was why our grandparents were all illiterates. Literacy was at 10% at independence, compared to 75 % today, thanks to indigenous rule. Statistically, if the British were still in charge, we would have two universities today, not 135. And literacy rate would be 15% not 75%. Meaning you would most likely be a hut-dwelling village peasant today, illiterate to the hilt, not a literate but spiteful, overfed self-hater. In the 100 years of British rule, Nigerian export earnings were siphoned to Britain at a rate of over 95%. Which was why Nigeria was nothing but bush at independence, with infant mortality at 259 per 1000 compared to 75 per 1000 today. So think twice before EVER IN YOUR LIFE comparing British grand theft with whatever comparatively PUNY corruption we see today under indigenous rule. Name me one power plant the British built in their 100 years rule? You can't because they built nothing. All they did was import huge generators to power a few choice parts of some cities. No rural area saw a lightbulb till after independence in 1960. They built no national grid. Thank your lucky stars for independence. It was the best thing that ever happened to you, even though you and your ilk are far too dense and stu.pid to realise it.
My ROSSICK or whatever u call yourself... what does all these ur rantings have to do with the fact about the FG not settling the Gwari people??... I thought that was suppose to be the topic of discussion??... all u have dwelt on in this case is that the reporter is from britain and britain is a greater culprit in land grabbing.. ok I understand ur point but will it maybe make u feel any better if the reporter was Portuguese? I'm quite sure if that was the case, u would also abandon the issue at hand and jump into google trying to dig up all the sins of portugal... wake up my friend and stop chasing irrelevant things.. I know u feel u are being a patriot by defending Nigeria but hating the british and accusing them of all our national woes does not change the fact that our govt is bad and we are the real cause of our problems.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
I wish someone could just take time to read the full article.I was mad at first when I saw the headline but I when read it, the guy was even lenient with words!
I pity this generation, our government ought to be exposed to the world,even if it's done by people we don't like.
We are really suffering and smiling as it was stated in the article.
A lot of dumb replies on this thread!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by zains: 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
Land is the equivalent of oil to th kisse Gwari people. It was taken from them and they were promised adequate compensation but as it is with Nigerian govts., those. Pple were never compensated. The pple have been protesting since then but nothing has been done. They are some of the poorest. In fact, right across their colony of shanties lay unbelievable opulence while they ; the owners of the land wallow in poverty. Search out the documentary made by the Gwari pple on youtube and you will understand. It is not right or fair.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Rossikk(m): 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
obailala:
My ROSSICK or whatever u call yourself... what does all these ur rantings have to do with the fact about the FG not settling the Gwari people??... I thought that was suppose to be the topic of discussion??... all u have dwelt on in this case is that the reporter is from britain and britain is a greater culprit in land grabbing.. ok I understand ur point but will it maybe make u feel any better if the reporter was Portuguese? I'm quite sure if that was the case, u would also abandon the issue at hand and jump into google trying to dig up all the sins of portugal... wake up my friend and stop chasing irrelevant things.. I know u feel u are being a patriot by defending Nigeria but hating the british and accusing them of all our national woes does not change the fact that our govt is bad and we are the real cause of our problems.
My friend will you shut up your dirty slave mouth and get lost? I have just listed the huge crimes committed over a century by the same foreigners typing unresearched garbage about the Gwari people, and you say we should overlook their crimes and accept their unfounded criticism? Is that because you remain a mental slave to people who spat on you for a century? Thank your lucky stars you are now under black rule. Was your grand dad not a child of the British? Illiterate peasant with blistered fingers? Mine was. Go and ask your bastard reporter why we had to kick out his white brothers before we could have a single expressway or power plant in this country, or even a single university, after they looted the place dry for a century. Then we can talk! Before then, F.cuk off to hell Slaveboy!

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Rossikk(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Why does the BBC reporter not campaign for the trillions of pounds stolen from Nigeria by the British govt in 100 years to be returned to help folks like the Gwari people?
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
I wonder what Gibraltar is
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
Rossikk: Worthless, brain-dead, self-hating Uncle Tom. The British in their 100 years stealing bonanza left you with no infrastructure and just one university. In 100 years. That was why our grandparents were all illiterates. Literacy was at 10% at independence, compared to 75 % today, thanks to indigenous rule. Statistically, if the British were still in charge, we would have two universities today, not 135. And literacy rate would be 15% not 75%. Meaning you would most likely be a hut-dwelling village peasant today, illiterate to the hilt, not a literate but spiteful, overfed self-hater. In the 100 years of British rule, Nigerian export earnings were siphoned to Britain at a rate of over 95%. Which was why Nigeria was nothing but bush at independence, with infant mortality at 259 per 1000 compared to 75 per 1000 today. So think twice before EVER IN YOUR LIFE comparing British grand theft with whatever comparatively PUNY corruption we see today under indigenous rule. Name me one power plant the British built in their 100 years rule? You can't because they built nothing. All they did was import huge generators to power a few choice parts of some cities. No rural area saw a lightbulb till after independence in 1960. They built no national grid. Thank your lucky stars for independence. It was the best thing that ever happened to you, even though you and your ilk are far too dense and stu.pid to realise it.

ROSSIKK sound like a man with one testicle grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I believe u are never travelled outside the shores of Nigeria becos u are as dumb as foghorn leghorn grin grin grin grin grin

is it the British fault that Nigeria is a kleptocratic Semi - Banana republic.

53 yrs after independence what has it achieved. I am soo glad my parents left that hell-hole in the 70's

pls grow one more testicle in order to sound sane

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Charges Saraki And Ekweremadu With Forgery / Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Bulabulin (Photos) / Insecurity: PDP Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.