Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land (23258 Views)

Revealed: Abuja Was Part Of Igboland / CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) / Let's Be Honest , The Un Bombing In Abuja Was Carried Out By The Americans ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by chelseaguy: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
BBC are bloody hypocrites! Why haven't they say anything about the stolen land of the native South Africans by the whites? They were for Mugabe and even sees him as an hero until he decided to give back stolen land to the natives ( well his method is another topic).

Take their words with a pinch of salt.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by gsainttrinity(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
WildChild00: Dont be surprise BBC is short of news @ the moment.

thank God boko haram have not bombed recently.... I am sure they are hell bent in writing a negative news about Nigeria..
let me help them " double XL, double XL, read all about it.. here in the BBC"
fucktards!!!!!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by coolebux(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
Who stole my land cry
I can hear a gwari heardsman crying
british una wan divide us again?
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by gsainttrinity(m): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
JohnRockefeller: no one in the U.K cares,thinks or talks about nigeria whatsoever except nigerians in UK.stop feeling so important..nigerians are the problem of nigeria...U.K please stop giving this ungrateful third world lunatics something to yap about,don't give them any ideas.
that article might have been even written by a nigerian in the U.K in the blog section of BBC website.

Who cares if u.k citizens talk about us.... it doesn't change the price of garri in "mama Rita's shop"
"Abeg pass me dat kpoli, I wan highhhhh"
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
JohnRockefeller: no one in the U.K cares,thinks or talks about nigeria whatsoever except nigerians in UK.stop feeling so important..nigerians are the problem of nigeria...U.K please stop giving this ungrateful third world lunatics something to yap about,don't give them any ideas.
that article might have been even written by a nigerian in the U.K in the blog section of BBC website.

Kindly f.cuk off back into your cold London flat you welfare dependent, jobless layabout. Who invited you to open your rotten teeth here? Nasty assswipe.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by nagoma(m): 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
shymexx:
Brother, relocated or not - is it their ancestral homeland? - Yes it's. The fact that they now live in shanty homes is enough for the international community to have empathy on them, if and when they're ready to fight for what rightfully belongs to them - or to seek compensation.
They definitely have a case at the UN and I'm sure a lot of countries would support them. UN doesn't joke with the rights of indigenous people especially when it comes to lands. Even Israel that gets a pass all the time - of late, there have been reservations, from the UN, about their land-grab. And for the ones they sold - they have to be on leasehold and their children should be able to go back and claim them.
PS: why did BBC call Abuja a "charmless" city? - I can't deal. These journalists are nuts! grin
Everybody hates Nigeria! undecided

It is their ancestral homeland just like America, Australia and New Zealand are to some indigenous tribes. Sorry shymexx I care a lot about people's rights and injustice but we must also dislike double standards. What is good for the Gwari is also good for the Maori in New Zealand , the Australian aborigine and the American native Indian.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by adezjamz(m): 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
WildChild00: Dont be surprise BBC is short of news @ the moment.
u're right, aljazeera on point...

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Chinwem(f): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
hotclint: Go school = Strike
I no go school = illiteracy
I travel by air = Plane crash
By sea = Militants
By land = Kidnappers, bad roads and robbers
By train = 2-days from Kano to Lagos
I go to Mosque/Church = Boko Haram
I go to village = Witchcraft
I stay at home = No work!
Wetin una want make person do??

Lmao....try stand up comedy
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by greatmen: 7:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Ermmm Mr pro British I hope you still remember your surname or probably its lost and you have a name like table or jack or big brain funny the British Empire did not only steal lands they stole generations and identity please trace your roots grin grin
Where am I from? - it's Friday and I'm a little bit tipsy, so I can't remember where I'm from tbh. However, I can remember this is a topic about international law; if Abuja is technically a stolen land or not; and the rights of the indigenous people.

Ever heard about the case between Chagossians + Mauritius vs. United Kingdom over Chagos Archipelago? I know Nigeria is a sovereign country, however, the law is the law. Anyway, I'm just having fun with the topic and trying my best possible to educate people, should in case the indigenous people of Abuja wake up tomorrow and ask for their land.

Have fun. wink[/quote]
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by calcal: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2013
Britiko are no more relevant, they should sort out those they stole all over the world, bastard.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Emmayur(m): 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Even the brits can call someone a thief?? They stole all our artifacts,minerals and oil and yet they are talking crap.
Silly people who don't know that the land use act of 1979 dictates that all lands in Nigeria belongs to the Federal Government and in fact the land (Abuja) was taken by Gen. Badamosi Babangida not Gen. Obasanjo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) / How Will You Rate The Performance Of INEC Under Buhari's Administration? / I Got Seized N3bn As Gifts During Ceremonies –yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.