Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? (12876 Views)

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) / New Job Titles To Package Your Profession / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by 9jahubcom(m): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
Obianuju123: All professions should be given due respect.
am happy oh
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Eneze1(f): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
None whatsoever, am enjoying my profession so much
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by osifred(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Although I love my course Human Resource Management However, based on the prevailing circumstance I would have preferred I did mechanical or petrochem engr.

Reason: management is considered 2nd to engr courses. I graudated with a 1st class and have not being gainfully emplyed for abt nine months after nysc plus I can't access govt and private company sponsored scholarship cos most are for science oriented course.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Victosin09(f): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
sCun: A linguistic whatever shouldn't write as poorly as you do.
Free him pls...You might not be better afterall

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Vakob(f): 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Never,m proud of the noble and caring profession...I luv it die![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by dotbaba20: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Anyway I m a graduate of kwara state polytechnic, ilorin in a dept of banking nd finance. Presently I cn say I hv a regret on d course I choose because on d long run I notice dat I m so gud in calculation nd poor in written. Wich mak m 2 land in Lower credit at d end of my program, it wz so painful nd even tink dat der is no future 4 m bcoz of d competition out der btw BSE nd HND. May God hv mercy on m

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Lilimax(f): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01:
I JUST GAVE YOU THE LIST OF ALL I CAN PRODUCE ALL I NEED IS 20K TO START MY BIZ AND I DONT GIVE A BLEEP ABOUT GEJ WASTING OUR RESORCES
huh undecided?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Aromas: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01:
THANK GOOD I DON SEE SPONSOR,I KNOW HOW TO PRODUCED TOILET CLEANSER,GERMICIDE,PERFUME,BLEACHES AND AFTER SHAVE,SO I WOULD LOVE IF YOU CAN ASSIST WITH A TOKEN OF 20K,AND I WILL RETURN WITH INTEREST,HAPPY ARE YOU?

Lolz, God is ready 2 assist if you're willing 2 do it. All you have 2do is contact me on my email.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Abumilla(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
Am a microbiologist. No regret.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
No regrets•••what will be will always be
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Aromas:

Lolz, God is ready 2 assist if you're willing 2 do it. All you have 2do is contact me on my email.
Yeah am ready ooo,I dnt wana leave my Email here because of some scavengers here on Niraland.if I can get ur mail I will be glad,thanks
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by stecman: 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
I'm a graduate of bankng nd finance UNN i wuld luv to see d word BANKING removd 4rm (banking nd finance) cos it makes d field limitd 2 only bankng industry. As we all knw every tom dick nd ally is found in d bankng industry diz days, so NUC plz help our finance studnts in our universities by rmovng bankng to widen their chances of gettng job in other finance cmpanies.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by buzymoney: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdmXmRJu6s[/flash]
FUNNIEST VIDEO EVER
SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL FOR MORE
FUNNY XEX VIDEOS
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by toptop: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lilimax: Yeah but don't derail smiley
That is my daughter. Where did you get her picture? Anyway, she is right here with me. You can have the picture.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
PLEASE, DID ANYONE STUDY ARCHITECTURE HERE??
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by specialguest(f): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
pollay: Nice Post guy, no long thing sha but i study Computer Science, but still could not find the right job, eventhough i had the practical knowledge right before graduating from school

The I.T field is vast, do not limit yourself to only practical knowledge. Try and get one or two certifications to back it up i.e if you are good at networking you can study and take the ccna exams and if it is database, you can study and write your oca plus other certifications like itil .I am certain it wont take long for you to get a job after that.

I studied information technology and presently i am a system analyst and i cant tell you how much i love my job smiley.. Goodluck
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by jayAjoku(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
do wat u want to do its a free world.. Just look for famous people in ur field then strive to surpass them thats what im doing ..
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nigeriakan: 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2013

If u think the op is a 'linguistic whatever', you're a linguistic ignoramus urself. Linguists study language use ,and every linguist, like the op has shown, knows dat language is sensitive to situation nd audience. He knws dis is a youthspeak site, not a sacred scholarly write-up. Grouchy Grammarians, Purists, Pendants, Language Afficionados, Self-Appointed Usage Guidians and Nerds like u r d ones who so linguistically deformed to note ur audience.
No harms meant. Take care.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01:
THANK GOOD I DON SEE SPONSOR,I KNOW HOW TO PRODUCED TOILET CLEANSER,GERMICIDE,PERFUME,BLEACHES AND AFTER SHAVE,SO I WOULD LOVE IF YOU CAN ASSIST WITH A TOKEN OF 20K,AND I WILL RETURN WITH INTEREST,HAPPY ARE YOU?
20k to produce toilet cleanser, germicide, perfume, bleaches and after-shave?? Dollar or Naira
Same 20k will cover packaging, marketing, advertising and distribution of products?
I think you just need some money for weekend tinz embarassed

Well, if you are really serious and you show me some evidence, I can give some assistance
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by lusen(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lorhdany: PLEASE, DID ANYONE STUDY ARCHITECTURE HERE??
I am a graduating student of architecture. Is there any way I can help you?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by harsysky(m): 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
People like U r jst hia to ruin pple's way of life..tis not gonna do U ryt if u continue like that...U wia even wrong in ur written sentence..have u seen his previous posts? Y say a lingusistic shudn't write as poorly as he does...mind urself ooo...
At Op ..no mind dem wen money starts coming like rain drops , they ll even bow for U n not ur profession..

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Obianuju123: All professions should be given due respect.

Not in Nigeria sir..

Any course outside of;

1. Engineering
2. Bank related courses
3. Medicene
4. Law (which is also getting very overcrowded)
5. Accounting (ICAN)
6. Pharmarcy
7. Veternary

and a few others no get 1 ounce of respect in Nigeria.. Reason being that many of these other courses have a very small market in Nigeria and have a high number of graduates for them.. Courses like;

1. Adult and Community education.
2. Education
3. Social Science
4. Political Science
5. Animal Science
6. Psychology
e.t.c..

Even the Universities treat these courses like inferior courses and give them to students who fail to meet the cut-off marks for the 'high-profile' courses..

Abroad I will agree that no course should be looked down on, but not in Nigeria. A classic example is NURSING.. In the U.S, U.K, Canada, e.t.c, a Nurse is a prestigous course (to some degree), In Nigeria, A nurse and a 'Chemist' (Drug Store attendant) are no different.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
must you sound your trumpet?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Osahon7: No regrets•••what will be will always be UNTIL YOU MAKE THEM BE
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Ninapha(f): 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01:
where are u based? though my interest is on laundry soap and air freshner.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by iknopro(m): 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
femmykenny: Yeah I do,sometime I have little or no time to attend to important things.
And I must confess that I love my profession, in 3 month, I make over N700,000 on my website.
I guess am okay at the age of 20

Are you sure you are not into fraud, dats yahoo yahoo? Just asking
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
i'm an aspiring Mechanical Engineer,studying @ Auchi Polytechnic...in a bid to avoid regret pls i kindly ask
which other additional degrees/certificates/knowledge would you suggest or recomend for me........ur opinion means alot PLS
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by ElijahOguns: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
Am Mechanical Technologist with excellent skill, our Equiment where highly expensive, yet we I have dreams that must be fufill. Am on d way to the top of my game.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by iknopro(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
I read Business Management but and am currently working in an oil firm, so be proud of whom you are, don't let anything weigh you down cos dos tins are challenges you must face †☀ become a champion
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by InvertedHammer: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
/
Every profession depends on your approach to it.

I thought I had it made but then,

I make less money than I want but I make more money than I need.

Now I have all these down time which could lead lead to boredom sometimes.

If you can afford it, don't go into any profession for prestige or money.

If you cannot afford it, you are better of getting rich or die trying

//
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Ublaize: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
I read Law. Honestly, I regret ever being in School. Law is a waste of time.
Education is no longer viable in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
God forbid bad thing! My profession is what I've always wanted to be! I don't have any regrets so far!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. / What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? / A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.