Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? (12875 Views)

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) / New Job Titles To Package Your Profession / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Professor in English...Please give the Op a chance; at least, we all understand the point he's trying to put across....
sCun: A linguistic whatever shouldn't write as poorly as you do.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by HAH: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
The question is do you regret your profession ?

Not the course you studied or studying, someone that read CRK can be a banker same way some one that studied accounting can be a builder.

So do you enjoy your work in other word ?

No wonder a lot of us fail exam.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
Not at all. At the moment, my chosen profession is still the best for me.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by kingajibola(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
N0, and i shall not regret for God is with me!
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by doctorlaw: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
I read medicine and I am a doctor, I don't regret it but I must confess I am not totally satisfied. I want something more. I read medicine to feel secure and have a comfortable life but if I was in a different country where things work I probably wouldn't ve read medicine.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Do we have medical lab scientist on nairaland? if any do you have any regret? am not in the job market yet? cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
pollay: Nice Post guy, no long thing sha but i study Computer Science, but still could not find the right job, eventhough i had the practical knowledge right before graduating from school
My brother if what you're looking for is paid job, then to find d right job will be a little difficult. Dont waste ur precious time looking for a right job that does'nt exist. Get something doing 4 urself.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by mazizitonene(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pedagogue: UNIPORT is one of the most prestigious uni's ? Really!!!

Well,if that is the same university that trained our very own Patience Jonathan, UNIPORT is most definitely a prestigious citadel of learning!!

@ Topic: Well said. But if you are a linguist/media communicator and people do not "accord you respect when you SPEAk", don't you think something is wrong somewhere? Even if ppl do not respect your profession, they will definitely bow if you 'SPEAK' well.

My personal philosophy is- If you are a farmer, farm well
If you are a teacher, teach well
If you are a prostitute, .... Well... grin

To sum up, strive to be the best in whatever you do. Success in the 21st century has no regard for colour,race or profession.
U tryna ridiciule ma skul ?....av u asked what ur first lady graduated with....or any of dose u complain of
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bosedeclara(f): 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01: I read chemical engineering and i live in a country where churches and mosqueS are more than industries how do u whant me to feel decipher that.
That was pretty funny!
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Orikinla(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
NO.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
God news to all med.lab. Scientist association of nigeria..the judgement has been past on the lab. Headship between med lab scientist and pathologist . The judgement was rule in favour of mls, meaning pathologist has nothing to do with med lab scientist....sorry for them but kudoz to mls.......
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bizfirst: 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
What is it about degrees and Nigerians? I read law but what the heck - it isn't anything special. Talk of societal perception, yes. But I knew some lawyers back in those days who could not make any wrong sentence!

Just as someone else advised, whatever you do, do it well. And I'll advise - do it for love!
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Mickeywilliams(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
In all be thankful.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Mickeywilliams(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
olala32: God news to all med.lab. Scientist association of nigeria..the judgement has been past on the lab. Headship between med lab scientist and pathologist . The judgement was rule in favour of mls, meaning pathologist has nothing to do with med lab scientist....sorry for them but kudoz to mls.......
Really ah got 1 pathologist as a next door neighbour in my home...yawa gas be dat o!
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by TBD(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Not at all I studied Mathematics & Computer Science.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Johnnoo(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lilimax: As a Chemical Engineer, there are several things you can do on your own to earn a living undecided
Give it a try smiley

Well said...
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
x-fire:

20k to produce toilet cleanser, germicide, perfume, bleaches and after-shave?? Dollar or Naira
Same 20k will cover packaging, marketing, advertising and distribution of products?
I think you just need some money for weekend tinz embarassed

Well, if you are really serious and you show me some evidence, I can give some assistance
Bros no be joke ooo,anyway I got ur point am starting with what we called small scale production,so u don't expect me to need large capital for now,as for the packaging and marketing God will do that one that's why niraland is there seun will not collect kobo from my hand and I will be doing free package for all niraland member to test run,am serious ooo bross,how can I get ur mail I don't want you to paste it here because of all those scavengers online
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Aromas:

Lolz, God is ready 2 assist if you're willing 2 do it. All you have 2do is contact me on my email.
Am sewious oo boss,how can I get ur number,I don't want u to drop it here because of awon boys make dem no scam u,u can reach me on bayulll add it with the mail they just ban in asia am sure u can decipher that
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ninapha: where are u based? though my interest is on laundry soap and air freshner.
Based here in lasgidi noo ni,laundry soap no wahala that's just saponification process I drop my email or u can send ur email I will be glad to hear from u,God bless
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
bosedeclara:
That was pretty funny!
Abi bose no be soo,that's nija for u
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by chubysoft1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
Obianuju123: All professions should be given due respect.
Maniac!
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Youngmon3Y(m): 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=Pedagogue]UNIPORT is one of the most prestigious uni's ? Really!!!

Well,if that is the same university that trained our very own Patience Jonathan, UNIPORT is most definitely a prestigious citadel of learning!!

@ Topic: Well said. But if you are a linguist/media communicator and people do not "accord you respect when you SPEAk", don't you think something is wrong somewhere? Even if ppl do not respect your profession, they will definitely bow if you 'SPEAK' well.

My personal philosophy is- If you are a farmer, farm well
If you are a teacher, teach well
If you are a prostitute, .... Well... grin

To sum up, strive to be the best in whatever you do. Success in the 21st century has no regard for colour,race or profession.
[/quote ] tanx bro,u said it all
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by GentleMimi: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
No regrets.But i'm unsatisfied with the discrimination in the health sector.Some medical doctors d'nt just want other health workers to excel in their various fields.They want to control everybody. Wish i cld practice my profession outside Nigeria where each profession is accorded due respect. I love my profession!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by GentleMimi: 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
olala32: God news to all med.lab. Scientist association of nigeria..the judgement has been past on the lab. Headship between med lab scientist and pathologist . The judgement was rule in favour of mls, meaning pathologist has nothing to do with med lab scientist....sorry for them but kudoz to mls.......
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! *dancing azonto!!!* wow! Thats great. This is just the begining!
By the way,are u a medical scientist?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by killuminati(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
Na who dey find work? Who fit carry ponpon for head from here to CMS $25000 cash no go come!
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
lusen:
I am a graduating student of architecture. Is there any way I can help you?
I'm an aspiring architect, still waiting for admission list to be released. I want to kmw if u know any architectural Company where an architect can work here in Nigeria and i'll like to discuss some other things too. So can i send u a msg?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by GentleMimi: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Emzybrown: Do we have medical lab scientist on nairaland? if any do you have any regret? am not in the job market yet? cool cool cool cool cool cool
I'm a chemical pathologist. I hv ABSOLUTELY NO regret.finished serving in feb and got a good job in march.Go figure....
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by maximuz: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
wink
Nice write up dude...i wil giv u sixty percent cos u said some few good thing...andaaaa u sudnt put double ii...anda ya i sud b cap letter...nice one
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by AbuDhabiGroup(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Though I studied Law, I still feel the concept of economic theories and principles flowing in my veins. Little wonder why my economics teacher, back in secondary school, advised me
to study economics at the tertiary level . That is why my favourite laws courses , are even the commercially inclined ones ( Company law et al ).

And today I find joy facilitating mega business transactions, than reading old Latin maxims . The secret is , wherever your passion lies; there also lies your talent .
NB: Da mihi locus standi ubenquo movebo ( give me a place to stand and I will move the earth ) .
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 24, 2013
x-fire:

20k to produce toilet cleanser, germicide, perfume, bleaches and after-shave?? Dollar or Naira
Same 20k will cover packaging, marketing, advertising and distribution of products?
I think you just need some money for weekend tinz embarassed

Well, if you are really serious and you show me some evidence, I can give some assistance

Well you have seen the kind of "Chemical Engineer" our great Universities produce.

20K Engineers
angry angry angry
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Emzybrown: Do we have medical lab scientist on nairaland? if any do you have any regret? am not in the job market yet? cool cool cool cool cool cool

Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) here. The future looks bright grin grin
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 5:29am On Oct 24, 2013
rudedough:

Well you have seen the kind of "Chemical Engineer" our great Universities produce.

20K Engineers
angry angry angry
And if they tell u that u are stupe u will be ranting,do u know anything about chemicals?,do u know what all these chemical cost in the market,the fact that I said I can produced all those product,does it means that I will use 20k to produce all of them,why can't some pple use their God given brain to think,I said for a starter,guy don't put me in a bad mood this morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. / What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? / A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.