Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? (12877 Views)

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) / New Job Titles To Package Your Profession / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by lokito: 7:45am On Oct 24, 2013
sCun: A linguistic whatever shouldn't write as poorly as you do.

Hmm easy
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by chukxie(m): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2013

True talk. Hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Richy4(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2013
I think you are cool OP you should have it at the back of your mind that a prophet is not always recognized in his home land.

I guess you are the last in the family, even if you are the doctor of the family, they will still question if you really know what you are doing. it is a family thing. you need not to regret anything about your profession.@ the back of their mind, they are proud of you. trust me
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by AjanleKoko: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2013
I have more regrets about the country, not about my profession.
My profession has served me well, both in terms of material gain and personal satisfaction.

However, in a country that can hardly generate opportunities, and seems unable to create an enduring environment for growth, a lot more could have been achieved, not only by me, but by thousands like me.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Yusphull(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2013
rudedough:

Well you have seen the kind of "Chemical Engineer" our great Universities produce.

20K Engineers
angry angry angry

Must you open ur gutter to allow the stench Oozes out..smh

Why can't you just keep mute if you don't have any reasonable contribution

My brother God is ur strength jawe and plss don't allow this i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e to down ur morale.. Atleast you will start from somewhere and I pray God be wiv you n those willing to help U..

#peace#
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2013
Yusphull:

My brother God is ur strength jawe and plss don't allow this i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e to down ur morale.. Atleast you will start from somewhere and I pray God be wiv you n those willing to help U..

#peace#
thank you jare the guy is probably one of those nutty teenagers we have here on niraland,appreciate that
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by lusen(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lorhdany: I'm an aspiring architect, still waiting for admission list to be released. I want to kmw if u know any architectural Company where an architect can work here in Nigeria and i'll like to discuss some other things too. So can i send u a msg?
Email address: lusen2224real@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Sike(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
Shet! Busted.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
bayulll01:
Bros no be joke ooo,anyway I got ur point am starting with what we called small scale production,so u don't expect me to need large capital for now,as for the packaging and marketing God will do that one that's why niraland is there seun will not collect kobo from my hand and I will be doing free package for all niraland member to test run,am serious ooo bross,how can I get ur mail I don't want you to paste it here because of all those scavengers online
Simple. If you need to contact anyone on Nairaland via mail, simply go to their profile page and click "'Send Email Message to x-fire (or whoever)" and send. If the person is interested in getting back, he/she will respond. Cheers...
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
x-fire:

Simple. If you need to contact anyone on Nairaland via mail, simply go to their profile page and click "'Send Email Message to x-fire (or whoever)" and send. If the person is interested in getting back, he/she will respond. Cheers...
thanks i appreciate that
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Obidikejr(m): 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
ah got admitted to study building tech i tink i'll like d course cuz i like buildings, i designed dem for clients wen i was in sec sch,..but I wanto change my course to comp science bcuz of my long term plans, I need advice plz, it will go a long way to help. thanks in anticipation
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
bayulll01:
And if they tell u that u are stupe u will be ranting,do u know anything about chemicals?,do u know what all these chemical cost in the market,the fact that I said I can produced all those product,does it means that I will use 20k to produce all of them,why can't some pple use their God given brain to think,I said for a starter,guy don't put me in a bad mood this morning.

[b] I did not "RANT", I "WROTE". And as a matter of fact, i'm a Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) student, so YES i know a lot about Chemicals (See attached picture). When someone (x-fire) offered to sponsor your proposal, you said, in your own words and i quote:

"bayulll01: I JUST GAVE YOU THE LIST OF ALL I CAN PRODUCE ALL I NEED IS 20K TO START MY BIZ AND I DONT GIVE A BLEEP ABOUT GEJ WASTING OUR RESORCES"

How can you produce even one of the product listed with 20k? Let's take Germicide for example:

(Materials, Processing, Man power, packaging, marketing, distribution) All these under 20K?

If you claim that you are going to start in a "small scale";

* How much Germicide can you produce with a 20k capital?

* how many times will you run the operation or take your product to the market before you start recovering your capital?

* How long would investor (x-fire) wait before he begins to see a return on his investment?

* How do you plan to market/distribute the product to the end users? With a 20k capital, hawking comes to mind.

My conclusion: YOU CANNOT RUN A PROFITABLE GERMICIDE ENTERPRISE WITH A CAPITAL BASE OF 20K. Investors, invest at your own peril and be ready to assist bayulll01 hawk the product in the market.

If this is the kind of Chemical Engineering + Entrepreneurial Skill they teach in your university (Which i strongly doubt), i will suggest that you go and demand a refund. And please, try not to reproduce, we have enough morons on earth already.
[/b]

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Yusphull:

#peace#

Read my reply to your friend bayulll01 above, and please, if you don't know anything about Chemicals and/or production. Kindly STFU and leave it to people who know about it. Your friend bayulll01 is obviously looking for someone to Yahoo on NLD and i can assure you he is no Chemical Engineer.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2013
rudedough:

Read my reply to your friend bayulll01 above, and please, if you don't know anything about Chemicals and/or production. Kindly STFU and leave it to people who know about it. Your friend bayulll01 is obviously looking for someone to Yahoo on NLD and i can assure you he is no Chemical Engineer.
yusphul i will luke to be civil if u av comprehend my message i told u i will be picking one that i beat cost on a range of 20k,the fact that i said i can produce all these product am not using 20k on all of the product,i still say it all u know with ur msc if its real all theoretical and u calling me a yahoo boy na you know obviously thats what u are cos ole lon mase ole too lo,if thats what u do dont think everybody will be like u.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by AjanleKoko: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
bayulll01:
yusphul i will luke to be civil if u av comprehend my message i told u i will be picking one that i beat cost on a range of 20k,the fact that i said i can produce all these product am not using 20k on all of the product,i still say it all u know with ur msc if its real all theoretical and u calling me a yahoo boy na you know obviously thats what u are cos ole lon mase ole too lo,if thats what u do dont think everybody will be like u.

Now you've gotten our collective attention.
Abeg tell us about the chemicals you produce. I am also seriously interested in getting into that chemicals biz. Can we wash money? Dollars? Pounds?
Eagerly awaiting your next post grin wink
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 04, 2013
bayulll01:

Get it, I did not doubt your expertise in germicide or whatnot production. After all there are local made germicide in the Nigeria market. What I am saying is that a 20K capital cannot produce even 1 of the product in a COMMERCIAL SCALE.

It may sound like a good deal to gullible investors but I as an experienced person in chemical production can tell you authentically that it is simply IM-POS-SI-BLE.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
i think i get you,i said i can produced germicide,toilet cleanser and after shave,you are the one that keep narrating abt germicide i want to be civil here after u ve painted me as fraud still i told you am not picking germicide as the main product i want to produced,germicide itself need more capitals compare to toilet cleanser and after shave cos the materials itself is expencive and u still have to think abt investor when and how are they going to get their returns,u made ur point but calling me a fraud i repeat na you know ooooo and aint gonna trade words with u
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Now you've gotten our collective attention.
Abeg tell us about the chemicals you produce. I am also seriously interested in getting into that chemicals biz. Can we wash money? Dollars? Pounds?
Eagerly awaiting your next post grin wink
mr ajanlekoko i advise u go to yaba left u will get the chemicals u are looking for,aint do such business or u ask ysphull seems he seems to be an expertise in chemicals production
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
bayulll01: i think i get you,i said i can produced germicide,toilet cleanser and after shave,you are the one that keep narrating abt germicide i want to be civil here after u ve painted me as fraud still i told you am not picking germicide as the main product i want to produced,germicide itself need more capitals compare to toilet cleanser and after shave cos the materials itself is expencive and u still have to think abt investor when and how are they going to get their returns,u made ur point but calling me a fraud i repeat na you know ooooo and aint gonna trade words with u

[b]I'm sorry if I was rude to you but I never called you a fraud, your proposal was too good to be true. Real investors know you cannot start a profitable business with a 20k capital unless you're suggesting hawking.

Next time when you're giving a business proposal, request for a more realistic capital. Let's say for Germicide, dish washer, soap etc. a capital of 400K - 500K can get you started in a SMALL SCALE with manual labour.

1st you'll need a brand name. YES very important, you want to distinguish yourself from other locally made products.

Packaging is also very important. Make fancy plastic bottles for the germicide, the dishwasher and others.

Produce samples of your products. Make the best even if you have to cut short on your budget. Package in 6-in-1 pack.

Employ a handfull of marketers for a 2 weeks marketing campaign, hire a mini van or something, print T-Shirts for the marketers with your brand name, print some flyers too for your products, include contact address and telephone number.

Select target market. Possibly retail and wholesale stores IN THE MARKET. Let the marketers do their job, sell the sample packs and distribute flyers to the RETAILERS AND WHOLESALERS. For every 1 pack the retailer/wholesaler buy, give him/her 1 bottle free to try out herself/himself.

You just supervise and take entry on the sales in every market to determine your Cash cow. Try to cover as many major market as possible to saturate your product.

While your marketers are at it, let them focus more on cutting deals with these retailers and/or wholesalers to supply them with your products on a weekly bases, no cash upfront, they pay when you supply the next batch. They can also call if they are out of stock for immediate re supply.

This is not the easiest thing to do but it's very effective on a small scale enterprise. By this time, you must have spent almost half the capital on marketing alone. grin grin

After the 2 weeks campaign, you must have been able to convince some retailers/wholesalers to take your deal.

Organise yourself and go into the real production, supply and check your SMALL BUSINESS grow.

You should note that investors are not some charity organisation, they really don't care about how you produce or market the product, all they care about is maximum profit on their investment and to recover their capital within a stipulated period of time.

You have the production skills, you just lack the potential of an entrepreneur.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
rudedough:

[b]I'm sorry if I was rude to you but I never called you a fraud, your proposal was too good to be true. Real investors know you cannot start a profitable business with a 20k capital unless you're suggesting hawking.

Next time when you're giving a business proposal, request for a more realistic capital. Let's say for Germicide, dish washer, soap etc. a capital of 400K - 500K can get you started in a SMALL SCALE with manual labour.

1st you'll need a brand name. YES very important, you want to distinguish yourself from other locally made products.

Packaging is also very important. Make fancy plastic bottles for the germicide, the dishwasher and others.

Produce samples of your products. Make the best even if you have to cut short on your budget. Package in 6-in-1 pack.

Employ a handfull of marketers for a 2 weeks marketing campaign, hire a mini van or something, print T-Shirts for the marketers with your brand name, print some flyers too for your products, include contact address and telephone number.

Select target market. Possibly retail and wholesale stores IN THE MARKET. Let the marketers do their job, sell the sample packs and distribute flyers to the RETAILERS AND WHOLESALERS. For every 1 pack the retailer/wholesaler buy, give him/her 1 bottle free to try out herself/himself.

You just supervise and take entry on the sales in every market to determine your Cash cow. Try to cover as many major market as possible to saturate your product.

While your marketers are at it, let them focus more on cutting deals with these retailers and/or wholesalers to supply them with your products on a weekly bases, no cash upfront, they pay when you supply the next batch. They can also call if they are out of stock for immediate re supply.

This is not the easiest thing to do but it's very effective on a small scale enterprise. By this time, you must have spent almost half the capital on marketing alone. grin grin

After the 2 weeks campaign, you must have been able to convince some retailers/wholesalers to take your deal.

Organise yourself and go into the real production, supply and check your SMALL BUSINESS grow.

You should note that investors are not some charity organisation, they really don't care about how you produce or market the product, all they care about is maximum profit on their investment and to recover their capital within a stipulated period of time.

[/b]
you made ur point and am grateful for that as i said we are all learning everyday will look inward into some the point u raise to effect it with what i have already ciao
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
rudedough:

[/b]
you made ur point and am grateful for that as i said we are all learning everyday will look inward into some the point u raise to effect it with what i have already ciao
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Yusphull(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2013
rudedough:

Hey Mr., you cannot just come from nowhere and starts bragging & calling names here on NL. If you like have Master in HIV its non of my concern and I don't giv a bleep..
"Empty barrel mak the loudest Noise"

And for ur information I am a "Lab Scientist" .

So if ur orientation is all about getting 400k to start a small scale business and his own is 20k why can't you join forces, brainstorm together to fashion out how start a profitable business without spending more.

And if you don't wanna do joint business yu can even be ur brothers keeper...

#peace#
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2013
Yusphull:

Hey Mr., you cannot just come from nowhere and starts bragging & calling names here on NL. If you like have Master in HIV its non of my concern and I don't giv a bleep..

So if ur orientation is all about getting 400k to start a small scale business and his own is 20k why can't you join forces, brainstorm together to fashion out how start a profitable business without spending more.

#peace#

Thank you for your suggestion, i'll take that into consideration next time.

But if you had taken a little time to read the comment just above you, you would have seen that we have already shared ideas which I believe he would use to improve on his entrepreneurial skill next time an opportunity like this presents himself.

If you're a lab scientist and you've had any experience with chemical production and enterprise, you'd be more forthcoming with a realistic financial capital base.

Wouldn't it be wise to correct him on the notion that 20k cannot cover his fiscal budget for such production? Would I rather watch him try and fail?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Yusphull(m): 9:35am On Nov 09, 2013
rudedough:

Thank you for your suggestion, i'll take that into consideration next time.

But if you had taken a little time to read the comment just above you, you would have seen that we have already shared ideas which I believe he would use to improve on his entrepreneurial skill next time an opportunity like this presents himself.

If you're a lab scientist and you've had any experience with chemical production and enterprise, you'd be more forthcoming with a realistic financial capital base.

Wouldn't it be wise to correct him on the notion that 20k cannot cover his fiscal budget for such production? Would I rather watch him try and fail?

Thanks for ur candid advice bro but you should be a bit dogmatic in ur approach instead of being HARSH in ur very first post..

Thanks once again for sharing ur views and showing intent to help a brother(s) too... God is ur strength and I wish yu good success in all ur endeavors..

#peace#
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
Yusphull:

#peace#
bros no lele jawe u know we have differnt pple on earth and the way they responds to issues all different,i understand yusphull and i know their type thanks for the advice anyway
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
doctorlaw:
I read medicine and I am a doctor, I don't regret it but I must confess I am not totally satisfied. I want something more. I read medicine to feel secure and have a comfortable life but if I was in a different country where things work I probably wouldn't ve read medicine.

Okay, so in a nutshell you're saying the reason you studied Medicine is because of the situation of Nigeria, otherwise you would have preferred another course. I think you studied Medicine for the wrong reason; you should have been passion-driven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. / What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? / A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.