Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,130 members, 7,860,064 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride (773 Views)

Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her / Paraguayan Groom, 103, Marries His 99-year-old Bride After 80 Years Together! / 99-year-old Man Divorcing 97 year-old Wife Due To 1940s Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by infonubia(m): 4:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Apparently, it's never too late to say "I do!"

103-year-old Jose Manuel Riella and his bride, Martina Lopez de Riella, 99 tied the knot today in a Catholic wedding ceremony in Paraguay. The couple had been in a relationship for 80 years, and they had been in civil union for over 40 years. However, they've never said "I do."

Lopez said "the children wanted us to get married. They told us that's what they wanted." So, per her children's request, the couple went down the aisle and profess their love for one another in front of their family, friends, and loved ones. Lopez noted she was very happy.

The couple are blessed with 8 children, 50 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren and 20 great-great-grandchildren. Only two of the Riella's children were unable to make it for the ceremony. The priest who joined the couple stated, "it is the first time I am marrying someone of this age and I'm very happy to marry these two."

Stories like the Riellas shine a ray of hope to the truth that marriage works - especially in societies where 1 in every 2 marriages end in divorce. Keep in mind, it's still possible to have a hot monogamy and a happily ever after!

iNub extends its congratulations to the newly-wedded couple!

Check out the video clip of the ceremony...
Re: 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by satellitedaisy: 5:55am On Oct 19, 2013
Odikwa okay!

Congratulations!
Re: 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by infonubia(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2013
satellitedaisy: Odikwa okay!

Congratulations!
grin grin
Re: 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by prymesolution: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
Who says it's too late to marry? What took them so long though?
Re: 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by infonubia(m): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
prymesolution: Who says it's too late to marry? What took them so long though?
It seem like their children and grandchildren talked them into getting married
Re: 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by prymesolution: 5:08am On Nov 14, 2013
infonubia:
It seem like their children and grandchildren talked them into getting married
So, it was kind of against their wish?
Re: 103-year-old Man Marries His 99-year-old Bride by infonubia(m): 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
prymesolution:
So, it was kind of against their wish?

I don't think so.

(1) (Reply)

Her Newly Found Faith Is Rocking Our Relationship / I Just Noticed mY Crush Is Bleaching. Help! / 16 Questions To Ask Him/her When He/she Says He/she Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.