Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. (13158 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Do You Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by bookface: 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :

1) GOD SAID SO:
The Scripture is unambiguous in letting us know that God desires His children to attend church meetings. In Hebrews 10:25, the admonition is clear not to forsake the assembly (meetings) of the brethren, and even goes on to indicate that some were erroneously doing so.

Not forsaking the assembly of the brethren does not mean "going to church on Sundays". Assembling together doesn't have much to do with going to a set place on a set day, so much as just gathering together wherever whenever. This passage simply means gather and fellowship when you can! Going to church on Sundays is only a religious activity - Being a Christian and being religious are two different things.

ChEkWaS IyKe :

3) IT IS THE VEHICLE BY WHICH YOU FUNCTION IN THE BODY OF CHRIST:
A Christain is not a committed Christain until he demostrates his commitment in the local assembly, because the local assembly forms an integral part of the spiritual body of Christ, which is God's representative on earth. You can't function in that body until you function in the local assembly. The early church was made up of local assemblies, and several were mentioned in the epistles, for example Romans 16:5 and Revelation 3.

This is wrong! There's nothing like a "committed Christian" there's only one body and we are all one in that body - Christians! The Lord Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the Life - and NO ONE comes to the father, but through me" - Being born again and having a personal fellowship with the Lord makes you committed to him - going to your local church every Sunday does not make you a Christian.

ChEkWaS IyKe :

4) THE CHURCH IS THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF TRUTH (1 Timothy 3:15):
God wants His children to know the truth about life, because the truth makes you free from bondage and sets you at liberty. In the Church, you're taught the truth. In the absence of the truth, a man will believe a lie and bd a victim of it. For example the scriptures tell us that Jesus has abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. In th Church, these truths are not only taught, but explanee. The teaching of God's Word is crutial for victorious living, and the Church is the primary placd for this.

Christ is the truth - and only him can teach the truth through the Holy spirit. You don't have to go to a set place at a set time to learn the truth. Christ already said "I am the way, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE", he also said in Revelations 3:20 " I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me" - You don't need to go to church to learn the truth when the truth already lives in you!

Additionally, with the number of false prophets disguised as wolves in sheeps clothing, one might as well avoid the church all together - as the bible puts it, "For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." - what you hear your pastor saying may not be the truth - could be a huge lie from the depths of hell - remember that even the devil can quote the scriptures.

ChEkWaS IyKe :

5) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER CHRISTAINS:
Fellowship with other Christains is crucial to the growth of a believer. In Hebrews 10:24-25 we're admonished to provoke one another to love, and to good works. We're also to encourage one another. In Proverbs 27:17, the scriptures indicate that we sharpen ourselves as we fellowship. The company a man keeps will affect his life and grouth (1Corrinthians 15:33). So keeping and being found in the right company is desirable, and going to church facilitates this.

I agree with this - what i do not agree with is that the Church is "a place". The Church is a group of people who have accepted Christ as their personal lord and saviour and seek to worship him. The church could be three or four people in a sitting room just singing worship songs or hymnals to the glory of the Lord.

The Church is NOT a place where thousands of people of different minds/intentions flock to every Sunday in flamboyant dresses and flashy cars simply to fulfil a tradition. The Church is NOT a place where Pastors stand on the plupit and proclaim themselves to be "men of God" who can't be questioned. The Church is NOT a place where Pastors with riches and wealth demand that their poor followers bring a tenth of their earnings in return for "windows of blessings" -

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by safarigirl(f): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Also, if you don't go to church and drop the all important offering/tithe, men of God will starve to death cos they need gullible people to survive.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by DJDOLA(m): 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
Chosen is blessed

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by E10Billions(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Youngzedd:
GBAM!

Some are even there to milk the members.

Donate here and there even if it's 5 Naira just make sure you per take.
SO,do you think God will listen to this as your reason of not going to church and go to hell?
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by safarigirl(f): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
£10Billions:
You may be correct in some sense,but come to think of this;should we stop going to church or close down all churches because Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nation? Not ofcourse.Change is what we need and pray for,and not castigating which is the worst thing a person will do. You can better build a true relationship with God through the church because only in the church you will be thaught how to get the good relationship with God.You can't stay in the house and then build a relationship with God;then Jesus wouldn't have gone to a church.If Jesus our great example goes to church,then we've no excuse for going to church.God bless you.Desmond G.
bullshayt of the highest echeleon! I bet there are atheists that would make heaven faster than most Nigerian church-goers and their quest to outdress Mama Nkechi. A true Christian is known by works and deeds not whether he/she came to church on Sunday to harass the less privileged in their church and make sure he/she has all the space on the bench to troway leg and 'praise God'

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
The nigeria ppl are very religious,but do we follow the
teachings of christ, no.99% are commercial pastors.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by safarigirl(f): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
£10Billions:
SO,do you think God will listen to this as your reason of not going to church and go to hell?
I don't know where misled people like you get the idea that one will go to hell if they don't visit that building called 'church' every Sunday. Please stop swallowing every rubbish your pastor feeds you. Going to church will NOT increase your chances of making Heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Richy4(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=Mamaflex]Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.

Happy Birthday. remember not to hug your phone or Laptop all day or stay glued on Nairaland . just circulate like air and make your self happy. You have the right to call today your own.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by kevoh(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
bookface:

I agree with this - what i do not agree with is that the Church is "a place". The Church is a group of people who have accepted Christ as their personal lord and saviour and seek to worship him. The church could be three or four people in a sitting room just singing worship songs or hymnals to the glory of the Lord.

The Church is NOT a place where thousands of people of different minds/intentions flock to every Sunday in flamboyant dresses and flashy cars simply to fulfil a tradition. The Church is NOT a place where Pastors stand on the plupit and proclaim themselves to be "men of God" who can't be questioned. The Church is NOT a place where Pastors with riches and wealth demand that their poor followers bring a tenth of their earnings in return for "windows of blessings" -

God bless you! Que dieu te bénisse! Make God bless you yanfun yanfun!
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by kolypo: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
38 Simple Reasons Why Is Jesus Not God
1- God Doesn’t Change His Nature (Malachi
3:6)
2- GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus. (John
14:28 )
3- No one is "Good" including Jesus. Only
GOD is" Good" (Luke 18:19)
4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the
Hour
will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)
5- Jesus said that" OUR God is One GOD
" (Mark 12:29 )
6- Jesus also said "My GOD and your
GOD" (John 20:17)
7- Jesus bowed his face down to the ground
to GOD Almighty. (Matthew 26:39)
8- Jesus was tempted by satan for 40 days
(Mat1:4), while GOD Almighty can not be
tempted (Jacob 1:13)
9- Jesus said he is a man (John 8:40)
10- God is neither a man nor a son of a man
(Numbers 23:19)
11- No one can see god (1 John 4:20) but
people saw Jesus
12- God is the living and everlasting
(Habakkuk 1:12)
13- Jesus always confessed he is just a
prophet sent by god (Matthew 21:10-11)
14- God Declare Himself to be God, Jesus
didn't (Ezekiel 20:20)
15- Jesus told his real mission was to preach
not sacrifice (Mark 1:38)
16- Jesus desired Mercy not Sacrifice
(Matthew 9:13)
Jesus refered himseld as
17- Servant:
Matthew 10:24, 24:45, 12:18 John 13:16
18- Prophet:
Matthew 8:20 13:16,21:11, Mark 6:15, 6;4,
9;37, Luke 7:16, 9:8, 9:19, John 13:17, 7:16,
6:14, 7:40
19- Son of Man:
Matthew 5:9, 17:22, 8:20, 18:11, 26:2, Luke
9:22, John 5:27
20- Slave:
John 13:16, Matthew 10:24
21- Student:
Matthew 10:24
22- Father is Grater than Jesus (John 14:28)
How can someone can be greater than God?
23- Jesus was taught by the Father (John
8:28)
24- Jesus can do nothing by himself (John
5:19, John 5:30)
25- Jesus does not even has his own
doctrine (John 7:16)
26- Jesus ascend to his God (John 20:17)
27- According to Christian Jesus died as
recorded in Matthew 27:27-56 but Bible says
that God is infinite Pslam 102:27-27
28- Jesus needed to Pray, Eat, Drink and Was
Helped by Woman, as stated in Luke 8:1-3
but God in Bible is self-sufficient Psalm
50:12
29- The God remain the same in nature
(Hebrews 1:12)
30- Jesus is the same human today,
yesterday and forver (Hebrew 13:cool
31- Jesus could not save anyone as he was
even not able to save himself (Hebrews
5:1-cool
32- Jesus said he was send to lost sheep of
Israel (Matthew 15:24)
33- God can not be born and perhaps form
his own creation
34- Jesus never said people to worship me
35- Jesus did not thaught Trinity
36- God is the essence of the worship. He is
the object of worship. Had Jesus been God,
he would have told people to worship him.
Truly, he did the exact opposite as in
Matthew 15:9
37- Jesus never called his followers
Christians, Paul did
38- Jesus as a servant ofGod (Matthew 12:18
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Adolak(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
This thread is giving me an erec.tion. Can someone explain why.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Yoney007(f): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Power bank is available in all capacities for your Smartphones(Blackberry,Android,Iphone,Samsung e.t.c) and gadgets(Ipad,Pda,Digital camera e.t.c).Get rid of "Battery too low for radio use. Available in all colours to suit your taste. Ping: 26C271CE for more information or call 08036965028 or email - akinlade.funmi@yahoo.com
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by ikenna58(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mamaflex: Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.

happy bday mate... LLNP

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by comrChris(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jake101: Mamaflex]Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.
Happy birthday.
### happy birthday hope u went to church today?atleast to give thanks to God for the yr he added to ur yrs

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by megatran(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
A big Happy Birthday to you...wish you many more years ahead

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by anonimi: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
safarigirl: I don't know where misled people like you get the idea that one will go to hell if they don't visit that building called 'church' every Sunday. Please stop swallowing every rubbish your pastor feeds you. Going to church will NOT increase your chances of making Heaven.

Don't mind the lazy mofos and mumu combined SHEEPLE who follow the DISTORTED words of their rogue pastors!
They never consider the story of the Good Samaritan. It should be obvious to any Bible READING Christian that if the much-awaited rapture happened right after the unbelieving Samaritan helped the victim to treatment he would be raptured while the church-going priest & scribe would be left behind.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by premium1: 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Can you stop the excuses already;pastoR spends ur tithes andd offering,naija Iڪ corrupt cos of many churches,derZ no Truth In †ђξ church these days andd all that.Why will u say u are a xtian andd u dnt like goin to church.MAybe u shud take A look @@ muslims thE way ddey hurry down to mosque eveRy friday.To build a real relationship with God it Iڪ expedient to go to church.Andd,Ÿ̲ess,church Iڪ a place OF refuge andd comfort!
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by mspee(f): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
In my opinion, going to church is not a must. It doesn't guarantee you heaven, and doesn't make you a good christian.
What shall it profit a man to go to church every sunday and still go to hell? undecided

If you have a good heart and do what God wants at home, you can still make heaven.

Abi what's the difference? Tithes and offerings? undecided the money can be used for charity abeg. tongue
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by whitecat007: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
While it's not a bad idea to go to church, you are also not breaking any bible rule for not attending church.

How many church goers keep the Ten commandments?

The kindest and most humble people I know don't go to church
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by odizeey(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
ehmasjet: The problem is not to go to church,the issue is to find a real church that tells the truth.There are so many denominations today that are springing up not to prepare the children of God for salvation that assures you the kingdom of God,but they are rising up to tell people how to prosper and become wealthy so that their own purse will grow...........
if u r looking for a gud churc come to redeemed,i dnt knw abt odas,bt i'm sure of d one dat i'm in o
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by odizeey(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Youngzedd:
GBAM!

Some are even there to milk the members.

Donate here and there even if it's 5 Naira just make sure you per take.
giving is d best investment God no dey play wit am,weda na for church or anywhr,one church like dis ehn,d pastor just dey build d church by himsef,bt na onli him con dey prosper,he ask God,God tell am say ur people r not partaking in d kingdom principles.
Why winners ppl dey gt bar? U think say na jazz? Dose ppl dey gv wella,dem dey tell dem abt d principles of riches. Just cultivate d habit of giving,weda in church or anywhr
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Dannylux: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Where is the party going down? grin
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Mamaflex(f): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
aliumik:
Happy birthday,we go flex am as u b Mamaflex
grin grin grin grin sure!
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by MARKREN: 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
story.............
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Mamaflex(f): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Dannylux:
Where is the party going down? grin
In Abj.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Mamaflex(f): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
megatran: A big Happy Birthday to you...wish you many more years ahead
Amen! Tnk u so much.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Mamaflex(f): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
ikenna58:

happy bday mate... LLNP
happy bday to u too. Cheers to US! LLNP
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by taisoft(m): 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
What is important is your relationship with God and nothing more.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by evansnjihia: 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
embarassed
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by willyray(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
its not the church that makes a holy person
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to church where God's presence abounds and his power is evident.. obviously you won't want to go to a church where
1: God requires your tithe in US Dollars because you are being rewarded in Naira and it has fallen against the Dollar
2: Your Children are kidnapped in Sunday School and 1 of them is returned 4 yrs later because he cannot stop eating too much
3: Your Pastor encourages Adultery and Lust for Flesh by simply leading by example
4: Each year you are promised blessings (Year of Double portion, year of restoration, year of coming up higher etc) but you have 6 years camp stickers on your jalopy Ford 1995 Windstar begging for replacement.
5: God watches as his followers get massacred by Boko-Haram Islamic Terrorists on New year Eve while in the assembly of the brethren
6: You perform Dangerous tithes every month and your Family are living dangerously on the edge without Food or Money
7: Your prayers for protection are nullified as armed robbers invade your house, rape your daughter and you Thank God because they spared your lives.. I'd get a full refund for such sloppy protection.

Church is absolutely good if God was actually present in most services wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.