Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. (13161 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Do You Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by odizeey(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
voltron: There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to church where God's presence abounds and his power is evident.. obviously you won't want to go to a church where
1: God requires your tithe in US Dollars because you are being rewarded in Naira and it has fallen against the Dollar
2: Your Children are kidnapped in Sunday School and 1 of them is returned 4 yrs later because he cannot stop eating too much
3: Your Pastor encourages Adultery and Lust for Flesh by simply leading by example
4: Each year you are promised blessings (Year of Double portion, year of restoration, year of coming up higher etc) but you have 6 years camp stickers on your jalopy Ford 1995 Windstar begging for replacement.
5: God watches as his followers get massacred by Boko-Haram Islamic Terrorists on New year Eve while in the assembly of the brethren
6: You perform Dangerous tithes every month and your Family are living dangerously on the edge without Food or Money
7: Your prayers for protection are nullified as armed robbers invade your house, rape your daughter and you Thank God because they spared your lives.. I'd get a full refund for such sloppy protection.

Church is absolutely good if God was actually present in most services wink
pls dnt mislead ppl with ur blasphemous words
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by christskill: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
I go Church because it is expedient for me as a believer of Christ in which I confess to be. And to Help myself in continuity of this Christain race while on Earth.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
odizeey: pls dnt mislead ppl with ur blasphemous words

Please point out which one is blasphemous.. and support it with scripture, does it not say in Math 18:29 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

You and your types are the ones misleading people with posts like this
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by odizeey(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
voltron:

Please point out which one is blasphemous.. and support it with scripture, does it not say in Math 18:29 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

You and your types are the ones misleading people with posts like this
d devil uses some tricks to discourage believers,which u just used.
Pls can u explain d meaning of actually present?
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
odizeey: d devil uses some tricks to discourage believers,which u just used
r u saying the Bible scripture is wrong, that God is not there where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name? boy that is a revelation RCCG and other Camp goers must know about ASAP grin
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by adconline(m): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
Was Christ a Christian? Did he own any church? Was there any church when Christ lived?
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by odizeey(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
adconline: Was Christ a Christian? Did he own any church? Was there any church when Christ lived?
d last part of rev say he who is unjust let him b he who is righteos let him b. Jesus no dey go synagogue?
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by imcomingsoon: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mark my words now: "all who do and have no good reason to abstain from church will have their part in the lake of fire".Its Either ur for Çhrist or against him.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by odizeey(m): 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
imcomingsoon: Mark my words now: "all who do and have no good reason to abstain from church will have their part in the lake of fire".Its Either ur for Çhrist or against him.
yex bro,dey say dey serve him in deir mind,hw can u renew dst mind,witout listening to d word
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
do you realize that less than 20% of the earth is going to heaven, are you sure u are amongst the few.. going to church is not as important as your position of Righteousness & Faith.. by Grace you are saved and not by your works.. the Holy Spirit is there for a reason, to teach you all things and prevent you from being misled by false prophets, false doctrines and the world.. going to Church is only secondary to your Salvation.. seeking pastors word instead of God's will be your undoing

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Parisfran(f): 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Seun is just using people to generate traffic. Last 4 sundays it was COZA, last 3 it was 10billion naira auditorium, last 2 was tithe was a bad idea, last sunday it was how tithe was biblically. Now this Sunday it is why church going on sunday is important.

We should practise our beliefs and leave the rest of the world in peace.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by spark4daz(f): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2013
One week away from church makes you weak. Shekinah!
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by simcare: 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
11) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF REFUGE, COMFORT AND REFRESHING:
A Christain is guaranteed to receive encouragement and words of refreshing in church. This is often needed after the travails of the market-place of life. The church is a place where you can receive the undiluted truth, and learn new things that are progressively to your benefit. The church is a place of upliftment, encouragement and refuge. No wonder David was always delighted about being in church (Psalm 122:1, Psalm 27:4).[/quote]

Nowadays, most churches have become an ocean of hate, envy,discomfort and abuse. May God deliver us all.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by TSumthin: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
That's your funeral. I have not been going to church regularly and my life is cool. God doesn't think like us. He knows the secret that moves the earth.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by tpia5: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Church is not necessarily rote.

If you have a condition that causes you distress for example, you don't have to go to church and aggravate it.

Take care of yourself ( your health) first, then look at church.

Likewise, many people are put off by the attitudes of church members,( or vice versa) and this could prevent them from attending church.

Religiousity never saved anyone, Christ does.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by tpia5: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
Last but not least, if your lifestyle puts you at loggerheads with the church, why must you remain there?
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
tpia@:
Last but not least, if your lifestyle puts you at loggerheads with the church, why must you remain there?

Is your lifestyle reflective of Christ.. is it right with God, is it supported by Scripture... If your Church backs up its doctrines with Scripture and you are at loggerheads with her.. better find yourself and set yourself right or go to a church that is less strict with God's will for the Christian Brethren
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by tpia5: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
Either way, my point was if your lifestyle puts you at loggerheads with your church, you should go where you'll fit in better.

What prompted my comment was various threads in the section discussing church attendance despite personal discomfort, church attendance while openly fornicating, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse / Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.