Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242736 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Opengates(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
Opengates: @ZinoFego: Please I have installed xampp and it was successful. I have even configured phpmyadmin but where do I copy my Joomla folder in xampp as I could not see www folder in the xampp folder in my local disk?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
The link below should help you.

http://docs.joomla.org/Converting_an_existing_website_to_a_Joomla!_website

hisblud: Thanks for your enlightening tutorial. On ampps, will download and test it on virtual box to appreciate what you just said above becos am running locally xampp 1.7.3 with joomla 2.5 and its running very well.

After seeing all this amazing themes on joomla, i was really impressed. I designed some webpages using dreamweaver cs5, php, mysql, css, ajax. Now i want to move my design to joomla, My question is this: how can i integrate my design into joomla with all the scripts, files? Thanks for your efforts.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
C:/xampp/htdocs/

Opengates: @ZinoFego: Please I have installed xampp and it was successful. I have even configured phpmyadmin but where do I copy my Joomla folder in xampp as I could not see www folder in the xampp folder in my local disk?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Opengates(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
ZinoFego: C:/xampp/htdocs/

Thanks, God bless you
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Your database name, its Username or the Username's Password is not correct. Please post your parameters here and lets see the error.

adeblow: please, I just started the tutorial and things have been going well, but when i was configuring the database, (pls refer to page 2), and after setting up the username and password, i kept getting this message : Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL.

pls what could i be doing wrong?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by NET1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
@joomla training......very good thread.

.NET

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by orbitame2011: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please my Joomla has been installing for up to five hours and never finish installing,I'm installing offline using wamp server.Please help.THANKS for the good work may GOD reward you fully,you are a blessing.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by todhost(m): 7:27am On Jan 08, 2014
Are you installing with fantastico or online? ensure you enter proper user and password details but first create the databases and add user to databases in control panel

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by YOLAJOKENAN: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Sir! sincerely speaking I still want you to help me do away with the conflict; 1. How to TURN OFF one of this softwares (oracle & ampps) 2. How to TRY ANOTHER PORT. I'm sorry for disturbing your class Sir.

ZinoFego: There may be bound to be conflict, you may need to turn one off while running the other.

In regards to the port 8080 issue, please try another port.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by YOLAJOKENAN: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2014
ZinoFego:
There may be bound to be conflict, you may need to turn one off while running the other.

In regards to the port 8080 issue, please try another port.

Sir! sincerely speaking I still want you to help me do away with the conflict; 1. How to TURN OFF one of this softwares (oracle & ampps) 2. How to TRY ANOTHER PORT. I'm sorry for disturbing your class Sir.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by orbitame2011: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2014
todhost: Are you installing with fantastico or online? ensure you enter proper user and password details but first create the databases and add user to databases in control panel

I'm not online and not using any software.I have done everything perfectly well and it's still installing after several hours.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eyenCalabar(m): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2014
ZinoFego: You need to create a database, its user and password for the user.

What does http://localhost give you?

Am find now. Catching up gradually. Again, I want to ask, can this AMPPS be use to power another application on the same system? If yes, how? If no, why?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by YOLAJOKENAN: 11:45am On Jan 08, 2014
Sir! sincerely speaking I still want you to help me do away with the conflict; 1. How to TURN OFF one of this softwares (oracle & ampps) 2. How to TRY ANOTHER PORT. I'm sorry for disturbing your class Sir.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Opengates(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please how do I create pages and add links to them for easy navigation from the homepage like about, FAQ etc?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
ZinoFego: Are you using a live site on the internet? If so, you need the ftp connection details of your domain name, this is usually the Username and Password of your domain name.

If you are using localhost on your computer, then you do not need filezilla to upload your Joomla files. You only need to manually copy the Joomla files into the root folder and run your installation.

Alright. Thanks for your reply, but how do I locate the ROOT FOLDER as you said?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
To turn off in AMPPS, just click STOP to stop running Apache. I am not familiar with how to do that in Oracle.

YOLAJO-KENAN:
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
For AMPPS:
C:/ampps/www/ or path/to/Ampps/www

For XAMPP
C:/xampp/htdocs/ or path/to/xampp/htdocs

For WAMP
c:/wamp/www or path/to/wamp/www

Emmyk: Alright. Thanks for your reply, but how do I locate the ROOT FOLDER as you said?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Opengates(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
Opengates: Please how do I create pages and add links to them for easy navigation from the homepage like about, FAQ etc?

Waiting....
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
To create and link pages was taught somewhere in this thread, it is quite extensive, so you may have to read it up. Thanks.

Opengates: Please how do I create pages and add links to them for easy navigation from the homepage like about, FAQ etc?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Opengates(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
ZinoFego: To create and link pages was taught somewhere in this thread, it is quite extensive, so you may have to read it up. Thanks.

Please do refer me to the exact page where it was taught.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by orbitame2011: 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please help this joomla is taken all hours to install.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
ZinoFego: For AMPPS:

For XAMPP
C:/xampp/htdocs/ or path/to/xampp/www

For WAMP

Thanks. I use AMPPS. I have seen the files. Now where do I upload 'em to? smiley
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please you need to read through the tutorial because you will ask more questions.

My FREE Joomla 3.x eBook will also help you. You can download it from http://JoomlaExtended.com

Opengates:

Please do refer me to the exact page where it was taught.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
Uploaded it to the www folder.

Emmyk:
Thanks. I use AMPPS. I have seen the files. Now where do I upload 'em to? smiley
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please use Chrome browser. Then keep trying, it'll work. The first instance is always like that.

orbitame2011: Please help this joomla is taken all hours to install.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
ZinoFego: Uploaded it to the www folder.

Thanks. I have gotten that. And one more thing. I'm unable to edit Configuration.php. It opens and I see many lines just like the one you showed, but I cannot clear the arears that need editing!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:15am On Jan 09, 2014
Which configuration.php file, where did I mention it and in respect to what?

Emmyk:
Thanks. I have gotten that. And one more thing. I'm unable to edit Configuration.php. It opens and I see many lines just like the one you showed, but I cannot clear the arears that need editing!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by todhost(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2014
ok
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2014
ZinoFego: Which configuration.php file, where did I mention it and in respect to what?

In page 4. You talked about making some adjustments to configuration.php, using Notepad ++. So, I opened configuration.php with Notepad ++, but couldnt edit the areas you said, like Public User...etc
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:02am On Jan 09, 2014
Emmyk: In page 4. You talked about making some adjustments to configuration.php, using Notepad ++. So, I opened configuration.php with Notepad ++, but couldnt edit the areas you said, like Public User...etc

The bolded areas that you ought to make changes as shown below. You may reference page 4 where we discussed the area in question for further clarification.

<?php
class JConfig {
public $offline = '0';
public $offline_message = 'This site is down for maintenance.<br /> Please check back again soon.';
public $display_offline_message = '1';
public $offline_image = '';
public $sitename = 'Joomla Training';
public $editor = 'tinymce';
public $captcha = '0';
public $list_limit = '20';
public $access = '1';
public $debug = '0';
public $debug_lang = '0';
public $dbtype = 'mysqli';
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'joomlaex_gdft1A';
public $password = 'admin';
public $db = 'joomlaex_gdft1A';
public $dbprefix = 'gsixm_';
public $live_site = '';
public $secret = 'oP06WEO4zMxnUYrN';
public $gzip = '0';
public $error_reporting = 'default';
public $helpurl = 'http://help.joomla.org/proxy/index.php?option=com_help&amp;keyref=Help{major}{minor}:{keyref}';
public $ftp_host = '';
public $ftp_port = '';
public $ftp_user = '';
public $ftp_pass = '';
public $ftp_root = '';
public $ftp_enable = '';
public $offset = 'UTC';
public $mailer = 'mail';
public $mailfrom = 'info@joomlaclassics.com';
public $fromname = 'Joomla Training';
public $sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
public $smtpauth = '0';
public $smtpuser = '';
public $smtppass = '';
public $smtphost = 'localhost';
public $smtpsecure = 'none';
public $smtpport = '25';
public $caching = '0';
public $cache_handler = 'file';
public $cachetime = '15';
public $MetaDesc = '';
public $MetaKeys = '';
public $MetaTitle = '1';
public $MetaAuthor = '1';
public $MetaVersion = '0';
public $robots = '';
public $sef = '1';
public $sef_rewrite = '0';
public $sef_suffix = '0';
public $unicodeslugs = '0';
public $feed_limit = '10';
public $log_path = '/home/joomlaex/public_html/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/home/joomlaex/public_html/tmp';
public $lifetime = '15';
public $session_handler = 'database';
}
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks for being there bro!
I am using xampp, I couldn't track my root folder using this method...
ZinoFego: For AMPPS:

For XAMPP
C:/xampp/htdocs/ or path/to/xampp/www

For WAMP

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2014
eze-best:
Thanks for being there bro!
I am using xampp, I couldn't track my root folder using this method...

If u are using xampp, U can Locate ur root folder by:

C:/xampp/htdocs

That's yo root folder..

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.