Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242740 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2014
It's not working...Although I installed joomla via BitNami installer on xampp interface. I have tried tracking the folder in htdocs directly but could not... But localhost/joomla takes me to my practice webpage.
Djangocode:

If u are using xampp, U can Locate ur root folder by:

C:/xampp/htdocs

That's yo root folder..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Go to Computer.
Click "C" drive
Click "Program Files"
Click xampps
Click htdocs.

That is what the path C:/xampp/htdocs means.

eze-best:
It's not working...Although I installed joomla via BitNami installer on xampp interface. I have tried tracking the folder in htdocs directly but could not... But localhost/joomla takes me to my practice webpage.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
I sure do know all these bro!
I am saying that there's no folder containing extracted joomla files in the htdocs sub-folder of xampp folder in the C:/ directory. But joomla is up and running on my system...
ZinoFego: Go to Computer.
Click "C" drive
Click "Program Files"
Click xampps
Click htdocs.

That is what the path C:/xampp/htdocs means.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Is there any folder called "xampp" in your "C" drive?

eze-best:
I sure do know all these bro!
I am saying that there's no folder containing extracted joomla files in the htdocs sub-folder of xampp folder in the C:/ directory. But joomla is up and running on my system...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by oselenkejoor: 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
someone should please help me. i downloaded both the joomla and AMPSS but none of them seems to be working. I cant install or run either of the two. please reply ASAP
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
If Ampps aint working for U, Try downloading and installing Wamp..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by oselenkejoor: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
Djangocode: If Ampps aint working for U, Try downloading and installing Wamp..
Thanks for your prompt response bro. can you help me with the link?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
oselenkejoor:
Thanks for your prompt response bro. can you help me with the link?

Here's the Link:

www.wampserver.com/en/

Also check if your system is 32BIT or 64BIT.. This can be done by clicking:
My computer - System Properties..

Install in your C:/ drive.. So after installation, u can access your root folder by going to:
C:/wamp/www
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by olaolaking: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Thumb up for Zino. I knew about joomla 4 years ago. I tried it and it was interesting but I lost the zeal to continue. Few months ago, I felt like starting with joomla 3 but I was frustrated during the installation because it took too long and I have to stop it.

With your post, I have successfully installed joomla 3.2.1 on my mac using ampps.

But I use to be confused at a certain point because I use to visit Gtb website and I heard it is powered from joomla. Hope do I set up such websites with panels all over a page.
I am also yet to understand components in details as well as the different between component and module
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Welcome back to Joomla.

Component is an Extension with multiple functionalities. It's broader than any other Joomla Extension. You can derive a specific function from a Component. Take for instance, if you have a Component for school's records, you can derive exams records, attendance records, staff record etc from the Component and you need a Module to diaplay those records to the public.

So a Module can be used to display any specific function of a Component. Though there are Modules developed to stand alone eg a Module to display a picture slideshow.

olaolaking: Thumb up for Zino. I knew about joomla 4 years ago. I tried it and it was interesting but I like the zeal to continue. Few months ago, I felt like starting with joomla 3 but I was frustrated during the installation because it took too long and I have to stop it.

With your post, I have successfully installed joomla 3.2.1 on my mac using ampps.

But I use to be confused at a certain point because I use to visit Gtb website and I heard it is powered from joomla. Hope do I set up such websites with panels all over a page.
I am also yet to understand components in details as well as the different between component and module
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by olaolaking: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
Thank you Zino. Your simple explanation clears my mind 80%. I still have other questions but I will have to prune it. So i am working toward that.
Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
ZinoFego. Okay. My question is, after opening configuration.php with Notepad ++. I couldnt edit it, to make changes to some lines.

How do I edit it with Notepad ++?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yes bro!
ZinoFego: Is there any folder called "xampp" in your "C" drive?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onlysose(m): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hello, nice lecture. I need your email and possible phone number for a paid job on joomla kindly contact me on ahmedu2020ATgmail.com ahmedu 2020 (at) gmail.com or 08036241983
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2014
I will contact you soon. Meanwhile, my contacts are always in my signature below. Thanks.

onlysose: Hello, nice lecture. I need your email and possible phone number for a paid job on joomla kindly contact me on ahmedu2020ATgmail.com ahmedu 2020 (at) gmail.com or 08036241983
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2014
What are the folders or files listed in the "xampp" folder?

eze-best:
Yes bro!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2014
Just type into the page and make any changes you want, just like you would in MS Word, then save.

Emmyk: ZinoFego. Okay. My question is, after opening configuration.php with Notepad ++. I couldnt edit it, to make changes to some lines.

How do I edit it with Notepad ++?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Emmyk(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2014
ZinoFego: Just type into the page and make any changes you want, just like you would in MS Word, then save.

Alright. I'll do just that and get back. Thanks. smiley
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eyenCalabar(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2014
I want to ask, can this AMPPS be use to power another application on the same system? If yes, how? If no, why?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 10, 2014
eyenCalabar:

I want to ask, can this AMPPS be use to power another application on the same system? If yes, how? If no, why?

Power an Application??

It can.. U can use it to power wordpress | Joomla | Drupal or any web based app that uses Mysql,php,perl,python.. Ampps is a Stack Server that consists these Languages I listed..

U can also run multiple Joomla sites as long as u create different databases and urls for it..

Hope I answered yo Questions..

@Zinofego Keep on doing the good work.. I'll assist u in any way possible..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2014
Screenshot of the files/folders inside the xampp folder...
ZinoFego: What are the folders or files listed in the "xampp" folder?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by orbitame2011: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
ZinoFego: Please use Chrome browser. Then keep trying, it'll work. The first instance is always like that.

Thanks.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onlysose(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Good lecture waiting for you to contact me.

A little advice, next time download Camstasia and do you lecture on your computer. With an ear piece and a mic, Camstasia will capture your sceen and voice and you can feed them to users in 10 mins bits. Or you buy a Bamboo USB blackboard, attach it to your laptop which will also help in illustration

check me out
http://techtrendsng.com/review-of-the-bookhack-no-more/
Aliyu Ahmed Ahmed
Internet Security Advisor
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by olaolaking: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Each template has a place design for modules.
But I want to know how I can just put modules in any were I like in a page.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
What is inside "htdocs"?

eze-best:
Screenshot of the files/folders inside the xampp folder...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
You may have to read where we discussed Modules Positions on this thread to know how to position your modules.

olaolaking: Each template has a place design for modules.
But I want to know how I can just put modules in any were I like in a page.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by olaolaking: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ok I will try to check it on the your book
I have though yet to to read it.
You need to see the beautiful web I have just designed. I think I will have to lunch it even before putting my content and from there we can finish it together as well as giving me the necessary advise.

Please what package do you suggest for joomla hosting. Because there are different capacities depending on the size of the site
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Any hosting above 50 MB can carry default Joomla Files but if your website will be populated, please start with at least 1G hosting.

olaolaking: Ok I will try to check it on the your book
I have though yet to to read it.
You need to see the beautiful web I have just designed. I think I will have to lunch it even before putting my content and from there we can finish it together as well as giving me the necessary advise.

Please what package do you suggest for joomla hosting. Because there are different capacities depending on the size of the site
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ezebest1(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
In htdocs...
ZinoFego: What is inside "htdocs"?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
What's in "xampp"?

eze-best:
In htdocs...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eyenCalabar(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
Djangocode:

Power an Application??

It can.. U can use it to power wordpress | Joomla | Drupal or any web based app that uses Mysql,php,perl,python.. Ampps is a Stack Server that consists these Languages I listed..

U can also run multiple Joomla sites as long as u create different databases and urls for it..

Yes. But it just give rise to another. Hope u can still help. Pls how can a .WAR file be deployed on it or on a standalone Tomcat? This is actually where I was going to pls. Gurus pls help.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Thanks Djangocode, that is very thoughtful of you.

Djangocode:

Power an Application??

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.