Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242730 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yusufu16: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2014
pelij: What platform is Myschool.com.ng built on?

-Joomla
-wordpress
-html
-drupal
-Php
-other(specify)

Lets hear you out!
Am asking because i need something like the but a different niche.

Thanks again
- Bright

Go to www.builtwith.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nteogwuija(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2014
pls i am a newbie on the use of joomla for web designing. my issue is that i downloaded a free template and i was editong it but wen i write my menu items from my backend and try refreshn it on the frontend, it is nt displayn, pls i nid help even wen i try changing d module position of the mainmenu, yet it is nt workin. pls i nid guideline on how to do dis and i will b very glad if my request is granted. thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Festusfaith(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2014
There are a number of investments that i personally thinks can never fails, those are the thing we will be discussion here today,but the problem of today's youth is impatience as they are always searching for already made jobs which can not be readily available for all of us, it is only a few that will be able to get that kind of job. haven't said that, it is high time as young Nigerians that we should develops investment mentality in a viable business and stop looking for that already made job. Like I said above, there are a number of investment that you can do that will yield returns within three months. are you following? the number one on the list is Online business. there are many online business out there and also there are many screamers too you must be very careful while making your choice, but i will gives you a little from that list that are very reliable Bulksms business will never fail if you can do proper marketing of your site. information marketing also can never fails as well. websites design is also a viable business, and many more find out yourself.
Aside from that offline business that can not fails are, Water business started like play some years ago till now people are still asking for more.
live stock rearing is the most viable one i like so much poultry, piggery, fishery and many more that you can add to that list.
You can sees now that in Nigeria today we can still have some investment that can fetch you good money without recording any form of failure.
Thanks for your time in Reading this report.

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by etcme(m): 5:26am On Aug 19, 2014
Please my boss in the house. Can Joomla be used in creating a School management portal that will include management, data management, students registration and data, students online printing of result etc. Mainly for secondary students
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2014
Absolutely Yes!!!

etcme: Please my boss in the house. Can Joomla be used in creating a School management portal that will include management, data management, students registration and data, students online printing of result etc. Mainly for secondary students
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by etcme(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2014
ZinoFego: Absolutely Yes!!!

Thanks Sir for your response. Please I will have a proposal for you. I will give you a call.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ok. Thanks. Expecting to hear from you.

etcme:
Thanks Sir for your response. Please I will have a proposal for you. I will give you a call.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onasa28(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2014
Guru in the house please help me out. I am big novice... I installed joomla 3 and I got a message at the end of the installation. “ PLEASE REMOVED THE INSTALLATION FOLDER FOR SECURITY BLA BLA”... I don't know how to remove the installation folder... Please help ur boy... Thanks for ur help in advance.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2014
onasa28: Guru in the house please help me out. I am big novice... I installed joomla 3 and I got a message at the end of the installation. “ PLEASE REMOVED THE INSTALLATION FOLDER FOR SECURITY BLA BLA”... I don't know how to remove the installation folder... Please help ur boy... Thanks for ur help in advance.
Just Click on the link that says "Please remove installation folder".. Or you can go to your C:\ drive, open wamp or xampp, Locate the www or htdocs depending on which local server u are using, then open the Joomla folder inside it, u'll see a folder named "Installation", Just right click and delete it and u are good to go..

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onasa28(m): 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
I did that but I could not enter the adminstrator site.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
Why can't you enter, what is the new error message?

onasa28: I did that but I could not enter the adminstrator site.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onasa28(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
Displaying removed installation directory.I am using xampp. Thanks for ur kindness and I hope to hearing from you.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Please go to where you copied your Joomla Files to before you started the installation, the "Installation Folder" is there. Your XAMPP web root path should be "C:/xampp/htdocs/JoomlaSite/" where "JoomlaSite" is your Joomla website and that is where all your Joomla file are.

onasa28: Displaying removed installation directory.I am using xampp. Thanks for ur kindness and I hope to hearing from you.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onasa28(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bros... I did as u have instructed ur boy and it work like magic... Thanks bros. U will not catch Ebola in IJN.

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Fant(m): 12:42am On Aug 22, 2014
etcme: Please my boss in the house. Can Joomla be used in creating a School management portal that will include management, data management, students registration and data, students online printing of result etc. Mainly for secondary students
@Zinofego please can you explain how this can be done? I know it involves some joomla components and plugin but I will appreciate a list of these extensions - especially the free ones. Thank you sir.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Please head here http://extensions.joomla.org/ to find specific extension(s) for the purpose.

Fant:
@Zinofego please can you explain how this can be done? I know it involves some joomla components and plugin but I will appreciate a list of these extensions - especially the free ones. Thank you sir.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Fant(m): 1:11am On Aug 22, 2014
ZinoFego: Please head here http://extensions.joomla.org/ to find specific extension(s) for the purpose.

I've been there Sir. I just wanted to know the ones you would personally use if given such a project.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by etcme(m): 12:25am On Aug 23, 2014
ZenoFego:
Quickly, download....
1. Joomla from http://Joomla.org/downloads.html 2. AMPPS from http://ampps.com/downloads. Joomla is the CMS while AMPPS contains Apache, MySQL,
MongoDB, PHP, Perl and Python
please master, can I download this in a cyber cafe and copy it into my flash drive and later install it in my PC.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2014
Yes.

etcme:
please master, can I download this in a cyber cafe and copy it into my flash drive and later install it in my PC.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by etcme(m): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
ZinoFego: Yes.

Tnx for ur quick response. More grace
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by chrisiyke1(m): 2:19am On Aug 24, 2014
Learn how to build your own bulksms website today with just N1000 only. You may want to know the numerous benefits attached in getting your own personal bulksms website. Click here http://schoolwebng.com/enterprise-solution/

You would also learn how to build complex E-Commerce websites like jumia and konga and Forum websites like nairaland e.t.c all in 30 minutes or less. No programming or web design knowledge is required. Wow! This is really interesting right? YES it is. If you can check your email, chat on facebook. There are so many benefits in getting your shopping and forum website.
E-commerce website

Many people spend thousands of naira in many computer institutes just to learn how to develop professional websites. But here we have not only given you the privilege to learn how to build professional websites like the most visited websites in Nigeria in 30 min, we have also exposed you to learn how to build both forum and shopping website in our All in one internet business summit package. Remember you don’t need to be a web master to do this, this is the secrets many web designers use to make their monthly millions. In fact many web designers would not like you to know this.
Read More:http://schoolwebng.com/enterprise-solution/
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Godiskind: 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
@zinofego and all who have made great impact thru dis thread, I appreciate you. Pls i am a newbie in web design and I hav followed a couple of the pages of this thread with great interest. If I want to do d offline web design, at what stage do I have to be connected to internet? Pls ur timely response wil be quite helpful to me. Thanx
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
If you are doing offline version, you will only come online to download a few applications, core Joomla files and maybe some extensions to enhance your website.

You can do all that within 3 hours with a fast internet connection using a laptop or desktop computer.

Godiskind: @zinofego and all who have made great impact thru dis thread, I appreciate you. Pls i am a newbie in web design and I hav followed a couple of the pages of this thread with great interest. If I want to do d offline web design, at what stage do I have to be connected to internet? Pls ur timely response wil be quite helpful to me. Thanx
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ayurdavid: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
@zinofego, joomla did not install on my laptop. it stayed at this point for hours without installing

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Godiskind: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thank you sir for ur timely response. I want to start this training with my laptop but pls I want to knw this: are there some programs in my laptop that this trainin can clash with? While doing this training, can I still do my normal browsing on mozilla firefox without having clash problem? I am really interested in acquiring this skill but I want to be sure it wont affect me in other things I do with my laptop. Thanx in advance
ZinoFego: If you are doing offline version, you will only come online to download a few applications, core Joomla files and maybe some extensions to enhance your website.

You can do all that within 3 hours with a fast internet connection using a laptop or desktop computer.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by bluemorg72: 4:36am On Aug 26, 2014
[url]tuberlist.com[/url] also has a clean of review on joomla
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:56am On Aug 26, 2014
Clear your browser cache, restart your computer and try again. It should install.

ayurdavid: @zinofego, joomla did not install on my laptop. it stayed at this point for hours without installing
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by dimeji37: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2014
hi everyone. pls i just joined the class. i have installed ampps and changed the line 49 80. to 8080. ive done the local host thing but im unable to copy the joomla training to the subfolder.
pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2014
1. Unzip or extract the Joomla package into a folder
2. Locate and copy the extracted files folder into your "www" folder.

Your "www" folder is here:
c:\Program Files\Ampps\www
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www

dimeji37: hi everyone. pls i just joined the class. i have installed ampps and changed the line 49 80. to 8080. ive done the local host thing but im unable to copy the joomla training to the subfolder.
pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
Looking for some stunning free Joomla templates?....Please hit here: http://www.diablodesign.eu/
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by hardon1(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2014
please am having issues with using plugins. some dont even have parameters to fix and dont display on the front end. can anyone help.

i am particularly having issues with displaying these on the front end:

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.