Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? (14371 Views)

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:[OBADIAH] for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. " (Matthew 16:17).
Indeed Chief MEILYN. i am a middleman between the the wisdom knowledge and underdstanding that is bountifully available in the garden of God and the outside world. a conduit. a vessel. all wisdom knowledge and understanding belongs to God. i am a readily available vessel. and with that, trust the weekend is banging ? lol. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: hahaha, have been good sire... Welcome back Chief, u have been scarce mehn.
caesar tinz sire. caesar tinz. lol. caesar is on my back like a hunch. he hanging around like he my shadow lol grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: Indeed Chief MEILYN. i am a middleman between the the wisdom knowledge and underdstanding that is bountifully available in the garden of God and the outside world. a conduit. a vessel. all wisdom knowledge and understanding belongs to God. i am a readily available vessel. and with that, trust the weekend is banging ? lol. wink
indeed sire indeed..... The weekend is going well, although have not gone out today. Been indoors fellowshipping online, lol. Thats the way we do chief. But erm erm, the heathens are increasing. The two third are fulfiling prophecy sire.Lol. You can see Mazi Omenuko the leader of all heathens preaching heresy all over the place. In sextuality section he is misleading the Children of God with all kinds of demonic s.ex stories lol. When i first registered on Nairaland, i went to the Sexuality section, i was trying to know every corner on this website. I saw the handle, Mazi Omenuko. Funny name though.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by cold(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
comradestalk:

Jephthah's prayer of thanksgiving was accompanied by the fulfillment of a vow, and the offering of a sacrifice for his victory over the Ammonites. As some hearts feel, Jephtah's fulilled vow seems to be inhuman and some cannot understand why God should be pleasd with it. For this reason, perhaps we should consider it briefly, Jephthah was a worshiper of the God of Israel and one of the heroes of faith (Heb 11:32). Heathen nations of Palestine did offer human sacrifices to their false gods; but Jehovah repeatedly warned Israel not to engage in such sacrificies. Seeing Jephthah was a God-fearing Judge, and knowing that human sacrifices were an abomination to God, He could not be likely to countenance them.

It is therefore possible... that Jephthah offered his beloved daughter as as a spiritual burnt offering unto the Lord, in the sense that she was set apart for His service, forever as a virgin (11:37-40). God's approval, which Jephthah evidently received, could not have been given for any other kind of offfering. While zealous to express his faith in Gods' ability to deiver him from his foes, we feel that Jephthan's vow was a foolish one to make. source .... All Prayers of the Bible pg56.
'Jehohavah had warned Israel not to engage in it. Are you kidding me? Genesis 22 1-2
22 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”“Here I am,” he replied.2 Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.
I'm sure you would argue that god didn't let him go through with it eventually just a test of Abraham's faith. But it further butresses the point that the jewish god relishes human sacrifices like other gods of his time
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: caesar tinz sire. caesar tinz. lol. caesar is on my back like a hunch. he hanging around like he my shadow lol grin
grin grin Caesar got jokes, that nigga is funny grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by BlueMountain1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
I had come across this website that seemed to react to the question of Cain's sacrifice.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1255-why-was-cains-sacrifice-rejected
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by millenni(f): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
We must worship God in spirit nd in truth, as d letter killeth but d spirit giveth understanding. Cain was d vicarious seed of d devil, so he lacked d revelation needed to offer a pleasing sacrifice to God.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
The bible never said that God rejected his sacrifice. What KJV says is: 'he had not respect'. Which to me is in between outright rejection and an honourable acceptance. Cain's sacrifice scored a mere pass. The reasons are clear as indicated in Hebrews 11:4 and I think this broadly answers your other questions.

All our interaction with God is on the platform of faith. Real Christianity is Faith not a religion. It is faith that expresses our righteousness. Without faith we cannot please God and without pleasing Him we cannot receive from Him.

So the short answer is: Cain didn't have the faith to make his sacrifice remarkable. Unfortunately many sacrifice all sorts of things thinking this pleases God but have no desire whatsoever to believe Him.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: indeed sire indeed..... The weekend is going well, although have not gone out today. Been indoors fellowshipping online, lol. Thats the way we do chief. But erm erm, the heathens are increasing. The two third are fulfiling prophecy sire.Lol. You can see Mazi Omenuko the leader of all heathens preaching heresy all over the place. In sextuality section he is misleading the Children of God with all kinds of demonic s.ex stories lol. When i first registered on Nairaland, i went to the Sexuality section, i was trying to know every corner on this website. I saw the handle, Mazi Omenuko. Funny name though.
grin grin grin yeah the name Mazi Omenuko evokes visions of an archaic wrapper wearing pre-historic stone age cantankerous belligerent igbo fellow. oh yeah the heathens lol. reprobate gainsayers. *sigh* the bane of my existence cry grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin yeah the name Mazi Omenuko evokes visions of an [archaic wrapper wearing pre-historic stone age] australopithecus and cantankerous belligerent [igbo fellow.] oh yeah the heathens lol. reprobate gainsayers. *sigh* the bane of my existence cry grin
grin grin loooooool.....grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....... Oh please dont kill me with laffter.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: grin grin loooooool.....grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....... Oh please dont kill me with laffter.
grin grin grin grin i bet you he in the sexuality section now tilling the ground like cain instead of shepherding the sheep in the religion section grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Reference(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
millenni: We must worship God in spirit nd in truth, as d letter killeth but d spirit giveth understanding. Cain was d vicarious seed of d devil, so he lacked d revelation needed to offer a pleasing sacrifice to God.

And where did you get that. What scripture passage says so. This is the kind of speculation that causes many to err. The devil has no seed. Satan is the fallen arch angle. Angels are spirit beings that cannot bear seed. And at the time of Cain the distance between God and man was still close, communion was still almost face to face. There was no need for revelations. Read the discourse. Even faithless and later sinful Cain still spoke with God one on one. You don't need a revelation of what you are seeing face to face.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Reference:

And where did you get that. What scripture passage says so. This is the kind of speculation that causes many to err. The devil has no seed. Satan is the fallen arch angel. Angels are spirit beings that cannot bear seed. And at the time of Cain the distance between God and man was still close, communion was still almost face to face. There was no need for revelations. Read the discourse. Even faithless and later sinful Cain still spoke with God one on one. You don't need a revelation of what you are seeing face to face.
heresy
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
Reference:

And where did you get that. What scripture passage says so. This is the kind of speculation that causes many to err. The devil has no seed. Satan is the fallen arch angle. Angels are spirit beings that cannot bear seed. And at the time of Cain the distance between God and man was still close, communion was still almost face to face. There was no need for revelations. Read the discourse. Even faithless and later sinful Cain still spoke with God one on one. You don't need a revelation of what you are seeing face to face.
you do err not knowing scriptures

genesis 3 vs 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; <<< DEVIL HAS A SEED

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin i bet you he in the sexuality section now tilling the ground like cain instead of shepherding the sheep in the religion section grin grin grin
the beelzebub side of him is at work sire. Always feeding his joystick, instead of feeding people with the word. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: the beelzebub side of him is at work sire. Always feeding his joystick, instead of feeding people with the word. grin grin
grin grin grin grin scripture do say if your joystick is causing you to sin you should cut it off

lol this is not literal oooooooo. Mazi please dont cut off ya joystick on account of this post tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by indomitable234: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
As for why we feel our prayers aren't answered most times,u av got to understand that from the very moment we pray we get answers to our prayers.but there are entities of darkness who are designed to hold our answers back,the case of Daniel is a classical example right from when he prayed he God answered his prayers but the prince of persia delayed the answer God had to send an angel to deliver the answers to Daniel.You can contact me for a cd on seven steps to answered prayers
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
indomitable234: As for why we feel our prayers aren't answered most times,u av got to understand that from the very moment we pray we get answers to our prayers.but there are entities of darkness who are designed to hold our answers back,the case of Daniel is a classical example right from when he prayed he God answered his prayers but the prince of persia delayed the answer God had to send an angel to deliver the answers to Daniel.You can contact me for a cd on seven steps to answered prayers
Good marketting strategy
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin scripture do say if your joystick is causing you to sin you should cut it off

lol this is not literal oooooooo. Mazi please dont cut off ya joystick on account of this post tongue
lwkmd, let me like his post, so that he will come back and read this. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: lwkmd, let me like his post, so that he will come back and read this. Lmao
oh yeah definitely do that. lol. Mazi Omenuko. very powerful name grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by indomitable234: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN:
Good marketting strategy

I am not marketting anything,coz I will be giving out the cd for free
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
indomitable234:

I am not marketting anything,coz I will be giving out the cd for free
then afterwards, come to my church @ No 5 Mazi Omenuko the heathen street, Indomitable Lagos... Then Tithe things. It is still a good Marketting Strategy bro

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: lwkmd, let me like his post, so that he will come back and read this. Lmao

obadiah777: oh yeah definitely do that. lol. Mazi Omenuko. very powerful name grin

Lost souls!!!

Workers of iniquity!!!

Messengers of death!!!!!

cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Lost souls!!!

Workers of iniquity!!!

Messengers of death!!!!!

cheesycheesycheesy
lmao. He came back. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin i bet you he in the sexuality section now tilling the ground like cain instead of shepherding the sheep in the religion section grin grin grin

I'd rather rot in the sexuality section than partake in the hypocrisy of this religious section. I wonder how sane christians survive here with the adulterated message and twisted gospel you preach; fanning the ambers of the agnostic and atheist to mock and scorn God.

I will remain in the sexuality section than abide amongst workers of iniquity!

cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: lmao. He came back. grin grin

Yea, I'm back; and you're lucky I'm just a sunday-sunday visitor in this section. Else, I would have put both you and your master obediah666 in your places!!!

Workers of iniquity cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by lekkie073(m): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
how did moses know that cain's offering was not accepted ? all these bible stories sef angry angry
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
And now they ran away! Master and servant; taking to their heels.

Phew!!! #drops knife and heads back to the sexuality section#

Nanscenze!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: then afterwards, come to my church @ No 5 Mazi Omenuko the heathen street, Indomitable Lagos... Then Tithe things. It is still a good Marketting Strategy bro
grin grin
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Lost souls!!!

Workers of iniquity!!!

Messengers of death!!!!!

cheesycheesycheesy
grin grin
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Danchu(m): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mamacita007: I need a biblical answer to this question becos cain's sacrifice was the works of his hands & God rejected it. sometimes we ask God for things we want soo bad & he wont bless us with it. is it that cain's sacrifice is not good enough? ive heard of people being raised from the dead through prayer meanwhile others will pray for their loved ones & they'll die right in front of our eyes. how can we make our sacrifices more acceptable unto God?
His offering was unacceptable because he did not meet God's expectation in terms of offering to Him so God regarded dat of Abel because he met God's expectation in offering sacrifice.to get more light on dat consult ur bible, open to genesis chapter4:6-7
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

I'd rather rot in the sexuality section than partake in the hypocrisy of this religious section. I wonder how sane christians survive here with the adulterated message and twisted gospel you preach; fanning the ambers of the agnostic and atheist to mock and scorn God.

I will remain in the sexuality section than abide amongst workers of iniquity!

cheesycheesy
is this your subtle way of telling us that you are a segz freak ? smdh cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Acts You Must Be Exhibiting As A Christian / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / Is She A Satanic Agent? See The Busty And Bra -less Model Who Came To Meet Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.