Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? (14372 Views)

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by victorazy(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
olarwarlay:

I cannot really think of a biblical answer to your question right now, but what i can say on this is that God alone understands how he does His things.

Sometimes, His timing is totally different from ours and when he doesn't give us an immediate answer, we think He is not willing to help us. I could say my life has been a clear example of this particular topic.

I think what we need to realize is that God doesn't follow the human timing but acts when he pleases and trust me, it is always worth the wait.

That's all.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
olarwarlay:

I cannot really think of a biblical answer to your question right now, but what i can say on this is that God alone understands how he does His things.

Sometimes, His timing is totally different from ours and when he doesn't give us an immediate answer, we think He is not willing to help us. I could say my life has been a clear example of this particular topic.

I think what we need to realize is that God doesn't follow the human timing but acts when he pleases and trust me, it is always worth the wait.

Your answer is convenient until you are on the bad side of the receiving end..

God rejected cains sacrifice so that it could start the beef between the brothers.. Remember that he is omniscient and knew what would happen when he rejected Cains sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by pankere(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
cold:
Not just animal sacrifices,children were also offered to Yahweh as burnt offering. Seriously the mind boggles

Judges 11:29-40

29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the Lord delivered them into his hands.33 And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto theLord, and I cannot go back.36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

YOU ARE SO FOOLISH! THIS IS HOW YOU PEOPLE MISQUOTE THE SCRIPTURES! SHE WAS NEVER BURNT FOR SACRIFICE! SHE WENT INTO THE SERVICE OF THE LORD N WAS NEVER MARRIED! WHY DO U THINK SHE WAS MOURNING HER VIRGINITY N NOT HER LIFE?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by sunny3kng(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ OP. When you study the context and passage well (Genesis 4:1-16), you'll get to understand that what the Lord requested for was a sin offering. And there are guiding principles to every kind of offering, ( Leviticus 4) and that was what Abel did right and Cain got wrongly.
Also, Cain was know to be a mundane person. He didn't give reverence to spiritual things. You can read 1John3:12 to understand more.
I hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask more.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Opiosko: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
ayoku777:

Gen 4v4 ...And the Lord had respect UNTO ABEL and to his offering.

Gen 4v5 ...But UNTO CAIN and to his offering he had no respect.

This two verses answer your question. God accepts a man before he accepts his offering. Cain offered his fruit but not himself. When you do that, God will respect NEITHER. God is not remotely as impressed with what we give as much as he is with our life. And that was made obvious from God's rebuke in v7 ...If THOU doest well, shall thou not be accepted? So what was wrong with cain's offering? CAIN.

So to answer your second question, you make your offering more acceptable to God by first offering yourself. Your life is the true worth of every other thing you offer. The best offerings are the ones that come with the life of the offerer.
Thanks for the insight bros. I would add that the same principle applies even in secular world. 'Gift without the giver is bare'... William Sheakspeare (in Hamlet)

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Lamasta(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Am not in the right position to answer You @op I think You should ask God yourself cos he's the one the sacrifice was made to
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Areaboy2(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mudley313: The question to be asked here is what would almighty yahweh need burnt food and animal sacrifices for just like our traditional juju gods?

oh i forgot, in leveticus he declared his insatiable love for burning flesh; dude is one disturbed sick minded freak

>>>>>runs away before i get crucified by his followers like their crazy god crucified his only begotten son

grin grin grin grin grin grin

GOLD!!!!!!

I just died of laughter.. good one mate.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by teemy(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
let us not add or subtract from the info given us by the scriptures as we were not there. man is as important as his sacrifice and both should be in right standing with one receiving the gifts. gen 4:7a you will be accepted if you do what is right
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
cain is a tiller of the ground. when you till the ground what are you getting ready to do ? you are getting ready to plant a seed that will bear fruits. and what is the 'ground' ? the ground is 'earth'. there are two classifications of doctrine. the word of God is 'heaven', and the gentile doctrines is 'earth' or 'ground'. so when cain is tilling the ground it means he is spreading heathen doctrines. he is corrupting the world with doctrine of demons. and the fruit of the ground would be those he has corrupted. his fruits are those he has infested with heathen doctrine. this is what he is offering to God

abel on the other hand is a keeper of sheep. he is a shepherd. sheep represents righteousness. so he is spreading the lords doctrine throughout the earth. he is shepherding the world in the way of righteousness and his offering to God is those who he has converted to the lord.

these are esoteric scriptures

what a sheep represents >>> MATTHEW 25 VS 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

SO BASICALLY CAIN WAS CORRUPTING THE WORLD WITH HEATHEN DOCTRINE WHILE ABEL WAS SPREADING THE WORD OF GOD. THEIR SACRIFICES TO THE LORD ARE THEIR FRUITS OBTAINED FROM THESE VENTURES

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by teemy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
comparing that verse 7a to verse 5a of same chapter where he was rejected, God definately showed cain why it was so. funny i didn't observe this myself before reading this thread and saw @clip quote the verse with other bible text
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
Cain did nothing wrong. He gave his best. It was not about best offering or reserved offering or anything. Its the 'will' of God. I wonder if there's a logical way to explain it; but I will give some bible passages.

Romans > 9.13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

This is almost the same case here. Esau did nothing to get the hatred. If you read further....

Romans > 9.15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

This sums it up! He will accept a sacrifice (have mercy) on whom He desires. Its not a matter of deeds. Abel did nothing marvelous to attract God's compassion.
Romans > 9.16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by 4getful: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mamacita007: I need a biblical answer to this question becos cain's sacrifice was the works of his hands & God rejected it. sometimes we ask God for things we want soo bad & he wont bless us with it. is it that cain's sacrifice is not good enough? ive heard of people being raised from the dead through prayer meanwhile others will pray for their loved
ones & they'll die right in front of our eyes. how can we make our sacrifices more acceptable unto God?

Because contrary to what the bible says this God is a partial God.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Opiosko: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: cain is a tiller of the ground. when you till the ground what are you getting ready to do ? you are getting ready to plant a seed that will bear fruits. and what is the 'ground' ? the ground is 'earth'. there are two classifications of doctrine. the word of God is 'heaven', and the gentile doctrines is 'earth' or 'ground'. so when cain is tilling the ground it means he is spreading heathen doctrines. he is corrupting the world with doctrine of demons. and the fruit of the ground would be those he has corrupted. his fruits are those he has infested with heathen doctrine. this is what he is offering to God

abel on the other hand is a keeper of sheep. he is a shepherd. sheep represents righteousness. so he is spreading the lords doctrine throughout the earth. he is shepherding the world in the way of righteousness and his offering to God is those who he has converted to the lord.

what a sheep represents >>> MATTHEW 25 VS 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

SO BASICALLY CAIN WAS CORRUPTING THE WORLD WITH HEATHEN DOCTRINE WHILE ABEL WAS SPREADING THE WORD OF GOD. THEIR SACRIFICES TO THE LORD ARE THEIR FRUITS OBTAINED FROM THESE VENTURES
Sir please where did you learn this?
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by teemy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
these folks knew God directly and the argument that cain's offering was not meat was the cause of his rejection cannot hold as he would know what God approves of. same today when we give expensive offerings but heart is far off. final answer gen 4:7a
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Once you understand that there are no meaningless story in the Bible and that every Word of God is about revelation of Jesus Christ, His life, death, blood, resurrection, His second coming and His relationship with His people (The Church) through the Person of the Holy Spirit, then the Holy Spirit will give you insight into stories and events of the Old Testament. Every word and story in the Old Testament speaks about Jesus alone. Knowing this has been a source of freedom and peace and I thank God immensely for it!
The story of Cain and Abel sacrifices is another revelation of the the fact that God will only accept a blood sacrifice -The blood of Jesus. God accept Abel's because blood was shed. This sort of sacrifice moves God and is fully fulfilled in Christ, hence we don't need it anymore.
Throughout the Old Testament, pay attention to God's reaction once there is a blood sacrifice. These all pointed to a time when the Son of God will shed His blood for us.
God bless you all!
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Opiosko: Sir please where did you learn this?
The holy spirit is a great teacher wink wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by 4getful: 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
emmysenior: Cos he never really wanted to give em in the 1st place.

And why do you think he never wanted to give it, is he not the same one who said he knows all our problems even before we ask that we only need to ask and he will grant us our heart desire. Why then is he being greedy with the blessing.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Opiosko: Sir please where did you learn this?

Welcome to 'obediah777' He's one of those whose bible has no Rev 22:19. That's why he keeps modifying the bible to suit his style of message.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Opiosko: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: The holy spirit is a great teacher wink wink grin
Sorry oh, i shouldn't haved asked you. #horrified#
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Welcome to 'obediah777' He's one of those whose bible has no Rev 22:19. That's why he keeps modifying the bible to suit his style of message.
grin grin grin lol Mazi Omenuko
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Opiosko: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Thank you Mazi, i really horrified oh!. God have mercy on His people.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Opiosko: Sorry oh, i shouldn't haved asked you. #horrified#
wink well you did hombre
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by SIRcumalot: 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
I have mulled over this question since I read one EAST OF EDEN book recently.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by iota: 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
each sacrifice require specific item. To atone for sin, you need blood. So there is no how fruits/plants would have washed away his sin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Dewze(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
cold:
Not just animal sacrifices,children were also offered to Yahweh as burnt offering. Seriously the mind boggles

29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the Lord delivered them into his hands.33 And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto theLord, and I cannot go back.36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

How Christians read this & flip through to the next page without feeling any tinge of guilt is really baffling

he did with her according to ''his'' vow and not according to God's instruction. The moral of that message which you have wickedly refused to see is that you do not make rash vows and careless statements like you are doing.
Do not allude a man's carelessness to God.

A vow is a vow and should be fufilled whether it is good or not.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by SIRcumalot: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
You still have to wonder if God punished Cain at all
He got a mark that prevents anybody from killing him
Got married and gave birth to children
in fact we all might be descendants of Cain
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by cold(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
pankere:

YOU ARE SO FOOLISH! THIS IS HOW YOU PEOPLE MISQUOTE THE SCRIPTURES! SHE WAS NEVER BURNT FOR SACRIFICE! SHE WENT INTO THE SERVICE OF THE LORD N WAS NEVER MARRIED! WHY DO U THINK SHE WAS MOURNING HER VIRGINITY N NOT HER LIFE?
Typical christian way of twisting parts of the bible that make christianity and god look bad. It states their quite clearly and unambiguously that Jephtah VOWED to offer the first thing to come out of his house as a burnt offering to the lord.And eventually fulfilled his vow to his god. Do not take away or add to the scripture Proverbs 30:6. I might as well add,do not be a moŕon either.
Dewze:

he did with her according to ''his'' vow and not according to God's instruction. The moral of that message which you have wickedly refused to see is that you do not make rash vows and careless statements like you are doing.
Do not allude a man's carelessness to God.

A vow is a vow and should be fufilled whether it is good or not.
In other words,it is ok with you that he sacrificed his only child to fulfil a vow he made to his god.And god didn't deem it fit to stop him at any point in the act seeing that he was sincere with the vow he made. You guys are truly sick. Sicker than your god. Religious drug is more deadly than cocaine
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Cain did nothing wrong. He gave his best. It was not about best offering or reserved offering or anything. Its the 'will' of God. I wonder if there's a logical way to explain it; but I will give some bible passages.

Romans > 9.13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

This is almost the same case here. Esau did nothing to get the hatred. If you read further....

Romans > 9.15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

This sums it up! He will accept a sacrifice (have mercy) on whom He desires. Its not a matter of deeds. Abel did nothing marvelous to attract God's compassion.
Romans > 9.16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
common what are you doing here? Goto the sexuality section. U wanna mislead people shey? U dey find who u go yansh 4 here?grin grin
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: common what are you doing here? Goto the sexuality section. U wanna mislead people shey? U dey find who u go yansh 4 here?grin grin
grin grin Mazi Omenuko the heathen. wattagwan rasta ? whayasay man ? lol

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: cain is a tiller of the ground. when you till the ground what are you getting ready to do ? you are getting ready to plant a seed that will bear fruits. and what is the 'ground' ? the ground is 'earth'. there are two classifications of doctrine. the word of God is 'heaven', and the gentile doctrines is 'earth' or 'ground'. so when cain is tilling the ground it means he is spreading heathen doctrines. he is corrupting the world with doctrine of demons. and the fruit of the ground would be those he has corrupted. his fruits are those he has infested with heathen doctrine. this is what he is offering to God

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:[OBADIAH] for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. " (Matthew 16:17).

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin Mazi Omenuko the heathen. wattagwan rasta ? whayasay man ? lol
hahaha, have been good sire... Welcome back Chief, u have been scarce mehn.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by comradestalk: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
cold:

How Christians read this & flip through to the next page without feeling any tinge of guilt is really baffling

Jephthah's prayer of thanksgiving was accompanied by the fulfillment of a vow, and the offering of a sacrifice for his victory over the Ammonites. As some hearts feel, Jephtah's fulilled vow seems to be inhuman and some cannot understand why God should be pleasd with it. For this reason, perhaps we should consider it briefly, Jephthah was a worshiper of the God of Israel and one of the heroes of faith (Heb 11:32). Heathen nations of Palestine did offer human sacrifices to their false gods; but Jehovah repeatedly warned Israel not to engage in such sacrificies. Seeing Jephthah was a God-fearing Judge, and knowing that human sacrifices were an abomination to God, He could not be likely to countenance them.

It is therefore possible... that Jephthah offered his beloved daughter as as a spiritual burnt offering unto the Lord, in the sense that she was set apart for His service, forever as a virgin (11:37-40). God's approval, which Jephthah evidently received, could not have been given for any other kind of offfering. While zealous to express his faith in Gods' ability to deiver him from his foes, we feel that Jephthan's vow was a foolish one to make. source .... All Prayers of the Bible pg56.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Acts You Must Be Exhibiting As A Christian / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / Is She A Satanic Agent? See The Busty And Bra -less Model Who Came To Meet Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.