Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. (13517 Views)

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? / Benefits Of Paying Tithes / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by AbuMikey(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
mazizi tonene:
Dem don brain wash u well...kudos, d pastor tyte!

Bros,nor be brain washing oo.

I just deem it necessary. wink

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by noblefada: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
This tithe issue is always a very controversial topic in the body of Christ! Pls go to the below to learn the bible truth about tithing https://www.nairaland.com/1480358/concerning-tithes-giving-etc-expose#18867232
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by MAYOWAAK: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Why is it that when pastors need something, they come to the congregation

''Folks, we need money for rent, buy a piece of land, do this and fix that''

But when the people have a need, they send them to God. Next time the church has a need, it should equally go to God and not the congregation or is this not just another sign that God does not answer prayers?

3 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by omon24(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Why lay so much emphasis on tithes and offering? As if is number one or the only prerequisite to heaven. Tithes should be done with free will and not by compelling members. I feel very uncomfortable to hear any man of God laying so much emphasis on this issue. Haba!!!.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
I still remember vividly how BLW ripped me off in my 100 level severally in the name of tithing for their numerous money spinning ventures from ReachOutNigeria to InnerCity Missions to their outlandish church building project...I don't blame them sha, I blame myself for allowing myself to be bamboozled by one of the most criminal church enterprises ever,the absurdities I witnessed there contributed in no small way to my atheism

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by buoye1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Not only student even young children should pay as long as they knw that moneey is 4 a purpose
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by lekkie073(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
look at it from dis angle
a father earns 100k per month, and pays his 10% tithe
he gives his son who is a student 20k for d month.
the son should not pay tithe because the father has paid the totality of the tithe accrued to his income from which he gave the son his own part
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Bidoomolala: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Tithe or no tithe,d most important tin is d salvatn of ur soul n tithe doesnt guarantee it.

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: As a student who come from a christian family, I believe your parents must have paid their tithe on their income, so, they don't have to give you another money for your own tithe and you don't have to pay tithe on the money given to you either.
May God help us all. Yea i agreed wit u 100%,wen my dad givs me money,i dnt pay tith because my dad had already paid d 10% 4rm d total pay, my mum neither sud not pay because the money comin 4rm 90% left expect her own buzines. However tith is a compulsory tidings dat must b kept,u must pay ur tith and it must b in d church not charity organisation! SHALOM
it is not true.the bible didn't say it is for only parents but all believers.mind you witches and wizards pay tithe both young and old
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by sCun: 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
We are in an era where pastors encourage people to take loans from bank to donate to churches in the name of ''seed faith''.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Perfecter4real(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Aifey: I don't pay tithe, I only pray to my God n he answers me. People shuld open their eyes.
Any pastor compeling u to pay tith is a thief. Use d moneY to help d less privilaged around, thts Gods command n not for a pastor 2buy more luxury cars, private jets n univerties which d poor can nt afford.
People shud wise up.
ignorant fellow is that what the bible told you huh? Read malachi 3:1o.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Perfecter4real(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Aifey: I don't pay tithe, I only pray to my God n he answers me. People shuld open their eyes.
Any pastor compeling u to pay tith is a thief. Use d moneY to help d less privilaged around, thts Gods command n not for a pastor 2buy more luxury cars, private jets n univerties which d poor can nt afford.
People shud wise up.
ignorant fellow is that what the bible told you huh? Read malachi 3:1o.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
I don't work, I don't pay tithe. I donate to good course though. But when I graduate and start working, I would pay my tithe to poor churches; not Winners, Redeemed, Anglican, Catholic, Apostolic, and Cherubium.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
lekkie073: look at it from dis angle
a father earns 100k per month, and pays his 10% tithe
he gives his son who is a student 20k for d month.
the son should not pay tithe because the father has paid the totality of the tithe accrued to his income from which he gave the son his own part
Kai! See people calculating maths for God... God dey watch una oo
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
Tithing is an old testament doctrine that has been abolished. Just as Jesus put an end to laws, sin and death, tithing isn't God's plan for us. God's plan is seen in 2cor9:7, where Paul says 'Give as you like and let it bring you joy'.

I'm a student and sometimes i give half, all, 70%, 10% etc of my income. It all depends on how i feel. I decide from deep within me what to give. Sometimes i dont even give anything & it will still be so even when i start earning millions. It has nothing to do with God's approval of me.

Don't put yourself in a straitjacket with 10% gibberish. Give as you like & delight yourself in God.

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Swiftboy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Funny how Church people dont read their bible! Please lets read our bible very well. In the old testament Tithe was required only from the farmers. Even if you're a blacksmith nobody will ask you to pay tithe.Do you know that just as we're now forbidden to do ritual,we're not in any obligation to pay tithe? All those things are in the old testament.In the new testament,everything we ask for will be granted in the name of Jesus when its in line with God's will. We're however encouraged to give for the propagation of the gospel,give to the poors and men of God! Well so dont give any amount in Church because if you dont you're cursed cos God blesses you only cos you have faith in Him!grin
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Elevation(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Malachi 3v8-10 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.But ye say wherein have we robbed thee? In tithe and offerings 9.Ye are cursed with a curse:for ye have robbed me even this whole nation.10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith saith the Lord of hosts if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by olatunjin(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
As long as you can receive gift from people or loved ones,you are compel to pay your tithe,God bless you with it and I don't see anything bad in it if you bless God out of it,you are helping yourself if you pay tithe as a student because you can't trade with God and loose,is just like an investment if you do it you will receive the reward,that is why you see some student doing well more than their peers all because they apply the rules.Is not compulsory,is optional.Those pastors spending church money for their own benefit leave them alone,you are not God,allow God to judge them...Thanks
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by pcengineer: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
My people are dying because they lack wisdom. Consult ur bible n see wot God xpect u 2 do abt tithe. Apy sunday!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Yemlizzy(f): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
This is a personal decision which is not mandatory but when you do so only increases ur blessings 4rm God!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Elevation(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Humans,i read sme posts on Nairaland and i wonder,what will it be like if dis people dnt genuinely accept Christ i mean dis world is dirty,empty and fake i tell u bt ur flesh and sensual pleasure tells u otherwise...u have to set ur affection above as 4 dis planet it will never be peaceful until d world trully accepts JESUS.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Georgekez(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
please students have NO reason to pay tithe..... the reason is simple. The bible has it that one pays one-quarter of what he earns as tithe, and students live on what we called transferred payment. Such, they live on what is being given to them by their family and friends. And these people have already paid tithe on the money.... Offerings are what students can easily take part of during service... So pls, all these new generation mushroom churches should pls stop deceiving people............

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Greatpooss(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
From my natural point of view, it's not compulsory for any student to pay tithe, provided he or she is not working or doing anything profitable (a dependant). But in a situation where he or she earns from business or any menial job, despite being a student, it's necessary he or she pays 10% percent of her earnings or profit. Take note!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Dannylux: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pay wetin?!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by obailala(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
Cashio: One of my friends who came back from schoool refused to go to church today because his parents refused to give him money for tithe.So i decided to enquire if it is necessary for students to be paying tithes.

lol.. this has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while... Very soon workers in church owned businesses will soon start asking their ogas for tithing allowance else they will go on strike
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by wizflower(f): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
When a student is been giving the sum of 5000 as his or her pocket money, he should pay d tithe of 500....student should pay tithe cos even d new born babys pay tithe 4 dose dat undastand d real meaning of payn tithe.One tenth of wot so ever u hv
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Reference(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
No my dear lad. Tithes are first fruits of the field - the works of your hands meaning earned income as acknowleging the blessings of God. If your friend works, its an obligation. Tithes are not offerings, they are given more out of faith. Offerings on the other hand are given more out of love. You cannot easily escape this because you cannot claim to (God) love without giving.

Your friend's case is a worry. He shouldn't be upset he cannot show this love towards God. God will never press anyone beyond his means. Any duress comes from man and the response to this is simply idolatry.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Reference(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
wizflower: When a student is been giving the sum of 5000 as his or her pocket money, he should pay d tithe of 500....student should pay tithe cos even d new born babys pay tithe 4 dose dat undastand d real meaning of payn tithe.One tenth of wot so ever u hv

Tithe is on what you EARN from labour. It is from the FIELD into God's storehouse. Except if pocketmoney is earned. Of course you can give out of your pocket money to God just as you give to your girlfriend out of 'LOVE'. but this is a free-will offering. It carries no compulsion whatsoever.

If you are given money to buy books or pay tution as a student please pay your dues. Only in exceptional, exemplary, life and destiny changing cases will God decide to total you to stake your future to provide pastor's salary. It doesn't happen everyday. Be informed.

And new born babies paying tithes. Please what scripture is that from. Another vain attempt at pleasing God when you simply cannot outside the Word.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by pepperliny(f): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
@OP I would have said that this topic is becoming an overkill but am glad that people are craving for the real truth. I guess you must be new to this forum cos it's been deliberated upon and discussed extensively. Please search for related topics where you will find answers. I give kudos to forumites like Goshen, Frosbel, PastorKun and some others who have opened eyes to the real truth.

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nelly21: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
Tithe shld be paid by all & sundry.workers shld pay 10% of their salaries,students shld pay 10% of their allowances as their tithe they don't hav to badger their parents. The pastors feeding out of your tithes are doing rit.As levites they are nt supposd to do any work apart 4rm God's business & d tithe paid in2 God's house is divided in2 3 parts,one is used 4 buildin God's house,the other 4 helpin the widows and the less priveledged while the remaining is used by the pastor.Note that in the times of the bible the priest ate out of the burnt offerings sacrificed to God The tithe shld paid in the house of God only,unless,you are ministered to by God to pay it into the house of a particular minister,I don't see any reason why you will go about spending 30% of your income on the handicapped & feel self-justified while the simple 10% God ask out of all he's given you have nt been paid
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Reference(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
If I am unemployed and walking the streets which tithe am I expected to pay. If a good samaritan gives me a buck I can give it all to God out of thanks or love but when I push a wheelbarrow or wash someone's clothes and am paid then I am obliged to tithe. Some have erred badly and ruined their finances, cheated their partners, companies and even government by spending monies they are neither authorized to nor demanded from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

666: Reasons Why You Will Take The Mark Of The Beast! / When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.