Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" (19453 Views)

5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by ayobarmy(m): 10:02am On Oct 20, 2013
Guys, this question has always been on my mind, but dont seems to find answer to it, but the same questions was ask by Dayo of Nigeriainfofm ph, today, and i dont seems convinced by all the contributions people made, so i decided to bring it down here to nairaland to get u guys opinions on it,... I will be glad if you can back your points with quran and hadeeth..... Thanks
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by lanrexlan(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2013
Life itself is a test from Allah.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Mulk 67:2 -Who has created death and life,that He may test you which of you is best in deed.And He is the All-Mighty,the Oft-Forgiving
Surah Al-Kahf 18:7 -Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it,in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds
.So,this material world is a test for the hereafter.A test to know who is best in deeds.

Allah also says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:155 -And certainly,We shall test you with something of fear,hunger,loss of wealth,lives and fruits,but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirun (the patient).

Surah Al-Ankabout 29:2-3 -Do people think that they will be left alone because they say:We believe,and will not be tested?
And We indeed tested those who were before them.And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true,and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test).
Surah Muhammad 47:31 -And surely,We shall try you till We test those who strive hard (for the Cause of Allâh) and As-Sabirun (the patient ones),and We shall test your facts (i.e. the one who is a liar,and the one who is truthful).

Surah Saba 34:21 -And he (Satan) had no authority over them,except that We might test him,who believes in the Hereafter from him who is in doubt about it.And your Lord is a Hafiz (watchful) over everything.

So Allah(swt)is testing mankind to know who believes in Him and the unseen and those who are best in terms of their deeds.To distinguish between the true believers and the hypocrites and disbelievers,to test who's truthful and who's a liar,to test the fibre of the believers' Faith.When bad things happen to the true believers in the Oneness of Allah(swt),they take it as trial from Allah,bear it with patience and they say Surah Al-Baqarah 2:156 -Who,when afflicted with calamity,say:Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly,to Him we shall return.
The more tests you get,the more your Faith in Allah will increase and the more closer you become to Allah(swt).....Peace

49 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by WHees(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jazakallah lanre.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
First of all as a muslim we are meant to live between hope n fear. When good happens to one, he says alhamdulillah n if oda wise we still say Alhamdulillah(cos probably some are even worse in dia own calamity)

In addition to the verses bro Lanre quoted above anytime I feel am in a bad situation I remember dis aayat "or do u think that u will enter paradise while such trial has not yet come to you as it to those who passed before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until(even their) messenger and those who believed with him said," When is the help of Allah?" Unquestionablly, the help of Allah is near. (Q2;214).

Allah doesn't allow bad tinz happen to his own, buh rather makes him firmer after the trial.

I always pray that Allah doesn't test me beyond my capability o(aamin)

11 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by lanrexlan(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
WHξξ∟s:
Jazakallah lanre.
Wa Iyyakum sire.

Ayasunmbo: First of all as a muslim we are meant to live between hope n fear. When good happens to one, he says alhamdulillah n if oda wise we still say Alhamdulillah(cos probably some are even worse in dia own calamity) In addition to the verses bro Lanre quoted above anytime I feel am in a bad situation I remember dis aayat "or do u think that u will enter paradise while such trial has not yet come to you as it to those who passed before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until(even their) messenger and those who believed with him said," When is the help of Allah?" Unquestionablly, the help of Allah is near. (Q2;214). Allah doesn't allow bad tinz happen to his own, buh rather makes him firmer after the trial.I always pray that Allah doesn't test me beyond my capability o (aamin)
Amin,thumma amin.Allah should not test us with something that is powerful than our Imaan.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tbaba1234: 5:50am On Oct 21, 2013
So why do bad things happen to the good people?

• God’s punishment as a result of our sins and bad actions.

• God’s wisdom, as there may be divine wisdom in permitting evil and suffering. Even if we can’t evaluate what the wisdom is, it doesn’t mean it is not there. To argue such a thing would be a logical fallacy, known as the argument from ignorance (argumentum ad ignorantiam). The story of Khidr which can be found in the 18th chapter of Qur’an from verses 60 to 82 is an eloquent account of how God’s wisdom, whether understood or not, has positive results and benefits for humanity.

The intellectual richness of Islamic Theology provides us with many reasons, some of which include:

1. The primary purpose of the human being is not happiness rather it is to know and worship God. This fulfillment of the divine purpose will result in everlasting bliss and happiness. So if this is our primary purpose other aspects of human experience our secondary. The Qur’an, the book of the Muslims states: “I did not create either jinn or man except to worship Me.” (Qur’an 51:56-57)

2. God also created us for a test, and part of this test is to be tested with suffering and evil. The Qur’an mentions “The One Who created death and life, so that He may put you to test, to find out which of you is best in deeds: He is the all-Almighty, the all-Forgiving” (Qur’an 67: 2)

3. Having hardship and suffering enables us to realise and know God’s attributes such as ‘the Victorious’ and ‘the Healer’. For example without the pain and suffering of illness we would not appreciate the attribute of God being ‘the Healer’. Knowing God is a greater good, and worth the experience of suffering or pain as it will mean the fulfillment of our primary purpose.

4. People can also suffer from past, present or future sins. God has knowledge of everything which is not contingent on time. Please refer to the story of Khidr in the Qur’an where it mentions Khidr’s reply to Prophet Moses “All this was done as a mercy from your Lord. What I did was not done by my own will. That is the interpretation of those actions which you could not bear to watch with patience.” (Qur’an 18:82)

5. God has given us free choice, and free choice includes choosing evil acts.

Read more here: http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-articles/philosophy-theology/a-response-to-the-problem-of-evil/

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Yankelaptops: 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
Well am not a scholar still learning Hadiths and Quran myself. But from my thoughts and Life experiences. I can tell you that bad things happens for a reason. Life is not meant to be perfect. We are supposed to use difficult moments as a reflection to come close to Allah. I watch Mufti Menks lecture, and he stated that sometime, we are tested because Allah loves us and wants to draw us close to him.

Can you imagine a world:
Where everyone have thesame wealth
Everyone have thesame heights and beauty
The same wisdom
Perfect (everything)

Then we dont get to worship Allah. Why? because there will be no reason to call onto our creator. That quest is not there anymore. But us being human, we think that if we have wealth, beauty, children, etc. for some reason, its by our power.

Females that are beautiful thinks they are so special to the extend that they forget that they were just created without asking. You see them showing off their beauty. If they can seat and think... Did the one that is ugly offend Allah for any reason. No.. The beautiful has a test to be thankful and HUMBLE. The Ugly also have a test, to be thankful because there are others that are worst. Also take the opportunity to come close to Allah. Why because a beautiful heart is more precious than a beautiful face. But if you keep dwelling on the fact that u are ugly... you miss out on the blessing associated with your test.

You see some people that just get carried away with Class.. Hen Hen.. they are not up to our class.. I just they laugh in my mind.. ONLY ALLAH HAS CLASS.

Evrything that happens to us is supposed to be check and balances. When something bad or good happens to someone, it is a sign from Allah our creator that He is in control.

Check out this link and read.. pretty long but interesting"http://www.welcome-back.org/topic/trials.shtml"

"An individual once asked Sayyid Mawdudi about why many people, despite being good and pious, or apparently innocent, suffer severe tribulations in this worldly life. What wrong could a minor child or an infant, for example, commit so that he or she should have to suffer a fatal disease or even be murdered? Why do we see many good people suffering severe afflictions and calamities that they apparently do not deserve?

Mawdudi asked him to consider a beautiful, well-kept garden and its gardener. The garden has many kinds of plants, each requiring various types of resources and care. It is well kept and healthy since the gardener meticulously takes care of it. He often clears the weeds and unnecessary plants that are harmful for the good plants. He trims branches and leaves to maintain their good health. He waters his garden when needed, or withholds water when that is harmful. It is because of such good care that his garden remains beautiful and healthy.

The weeds or plants that he removes or the leaves and branches that he trims suffer much and complains. Their instincts are reactive to their own physical needs and they have little or no understanding about their surroundings, let alone the rest of the garden. They complain about their immediate needs and sufferings and do not know what is ultimately good for even themselves, much less the entire garden. Mawdudi then asked him to compare the garden with the universe and the gardener with Allah (swt).

The point was well made. The analogy, however, is simplistic, for Allah’s knowledge and wisdom is infinite compared to the finite knowledge of a gardener, and His domain is infinitely wider and more complex than a garden. In this universe where an infinite number of laws, events, variables and factors are at work, each affecting others in complex ways, it is impossible for us to comprehend the full wisdom and purpose behind what we apparently observe.

Parables are sometimes used in the Qur’an to make a point understood. Often, when intellect fails to comprehend a matter, a simple parable can get it across."

6 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by BabaAlabi: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Religion-Bad things happen because the devil is in charge of the world.
Science-Bad things happen if adequate measures are not put in place to prevent bad things from happening. In a country like Nigeria without a functioning government, the people would blame the devil and wickedness of people forgetting the ineptitude of the leaders.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by PiffWA: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
If you truly love God with all your heart not cos u want money nor progress neither cos u want to make heaven, He ll always make a way for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
That's because God is not the one in charge of this world, satan is. When God created this world He handed over the keys to Man to have dominion. But after man committed treason at the garden, man handed the key over to satan and now satan is the ruler of this world which is why we see so many bad things happening.
One thing u should know is that the devil and his agents know their boundaries when trying to oppress a child of God(The case of Job). Unless there is an insider or u give them the chance to, they can never cross their boundary. All things work together for good to them LOVE GOD AND WORK ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by jaymezzz(m): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Becos he wants to see if bad things happens to u...will he stil be ur God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Sllowppoisoon: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
The fact is Everytin apen for a reason either good or bad.... And Every trial is jus a matter of time

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Jeel: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
The earth is in man's control. Whatever man allows on earth God allows. Whatever man decides to stop on earth will be stamped by heaven.

Evil happen on earth because of man's corruption not God. God is not in heaven orchestrating and executing evil on earth.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Adex099(m): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Evil (bad things) came upon MAN right from the day HE ate from the FRUIT of KNOWLEDGE
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nikapetrelli(f): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
We r bound to face temptation n overcome,cos Jesus was tempted too
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Caspian22(m): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
God doesn't test his faithful followers by puuting problems in there way james 1:13

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Jeel: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
All evil is from the devil not God let's understand this very clearly. When evil happens anywhere anytime it is simply the devil at work not God
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by sweetpoison(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Who are “his people” ?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Orikinla(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Poster, please read the book of Job in the Holy Bible to answer your question from God Himself.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by ooshinibos: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
God does not allow bad things to happen , it is man and the evil or the devil , think people or nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by rhythyson: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
sweetpoison: Who are “his people” ?

Those who believe in One God. cheesy
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by CircleOfWilis: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Giv me example of gud people, only God is good
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tellwisdom: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bad things like??

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by deols(f): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jeel: All evil is from the devil not God let's understand this very clearly. When evil happens anywhere anytime it is simply the devil at work not God

But if God is powerful enough to stop the devil but does not stop it, has God not allowed that evil to happen?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by rhythyson: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
tellwisdom: Bad things like??

Your evil intension grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
I don't know o!
I d like to ask God that question when we meet o.
I can't imagine why bad things ll still happen to good people.
Last Bullet:
Then what's the essence of being good. Why not become bad & gain the world instead?
I tire for this life o!
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Jarus(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
In Islam, we are told it's a test.

Gold passes through crucible (fire) before becoming what it is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are They Now Emulating Muslims? / Steps To Avoid Extra-marital Affairs In The Workplace (and Elsewhere) / Q

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.