Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" (19203 Views)

5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Meklex(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
planetuzor: When I 1st saw this verse of the bible it Opened my eyes to the answer to this question

Eccl 1O "he who breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite"

For every christian doing the will of God and obeying him, God put an hedge around u that the devils can't touch u, but most time we humans breaks the hedge (we go against Gods rule, we disobey God commandment in one form or the other) then the serpent (the Devil ) strikes....

Pls look up that verse in the bible or search it on the internet to understand better!!
then this explains why some foetus are born with disability, they have defaulted in a way or another so the serpent struck because they were unfortunate/fortunate to be humans??
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Caspian22: God doesn't test his faithful followers by puuting problems in there way james 1:13

My brother thank you.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
hahahaha....the very famous question.

Let me see what the religious people have to say; Can y'all be concise?? angry
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by snowjayone(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Well JESUS Never! Forgets!! His Own People.

Tough Times will Surely Pass, it Surely Won't Last.

If we suffer on Earth without Christ in Us, Our suffering is in vain.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by AMADU77: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
this life is so cheap n means nothing, its very silly life comparing to the after life, trust me, including all its money n power n beauty n woman n land n properties, for allah n his prophets its nothing more than a smelling body of a dead dog
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by njuwo(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
lolaxavier: He allows it because he's a psychopath..
but come to think of it,he doesn't exist in the first place...so he's not capable. He is omni-absent. Endpoint,bad things happen to both good and bad people.
May My God Forgive You and save your soul from destruction thru Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour amen.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bad things happen to good people who find themselves in bad places eg Lot.
Bad things happen to good people who are disobedient to God's word eg Jonah.
Bad things happen to good people because God permits it eg John the Baptist.
Bad things happen to good people because it will lead to greater good eg Jesus.
Bad things happen to good people because God wants to manifest His power eg the children of Israel while in captivity in Egypt.
Bad things happen to good people because all things will work together for their good, whether good or bad.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by buoye1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Go heaven bros go ask God who created u and -I that Y is hee doing what he likes with his creature
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by shinealight(m): 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
ayobarmy: Guys, this question has always been on my mind, but dont seems to find answer to it, but the same questions was ask by Dayo of Nigeriainfofm ph, today, and i dont seems convinced by all the contributions people made, so i decided to bring it down here to nairaland to get u guys opinions on it,... I will be glad if you can back your points with quran and hadeeth..... Thanks

First of all, if you are truly interested in finding answers to the questions that baffle you, you must be prepared and willing to consider true knowledge which is not necessarily confined to any of the religions or modes of worship that are currently prevalent among the peoples of the earth. This means that you must be willing to weigh the knowledge that is made available with your intuition only rather than relying on what the various religious leaders have told you that the Bible, Quran, Bhagavad Gita or any other scripture said about this or that issue. In other words, you must rely solely on your God-given intuitive faculty (or inner voice) to evaluate issues and make decisions on what is the truth that you will then use to guide your life.

Having noted the above, the answer to the question you have raised is very simple. The first thing you must recognise is that the Almighty Creator exemplifies Perfection in everything He has made. Do you understand what Perfection means?
It means no arbitrariness; no favouritism; no partiality; no imbalance; no lopsidedness; no inequality; no disorderliness; no unfairness; no injustice, etc, etc, etc. So, whenever and wherever you find that any of the above attributes has been violated or dishonoured, you must conclude that Man, under the influence of the Darkness (Lucifer and his henchmen), has interferred with the Work of God to distort it and make it ugly and unworthy of the Perfection which the Almighty Creator always exemplifies.

YOU ASK : Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People"?
Before we consider that question, let us first address an aspect of your question. Who are 'His People'? The Muslim who practises his religion diligently would say he is one of God's people. So would a Christian who does the same and so would a Buddhist who also practises his religion to the best of his ability, etc, etc. However, in spite of the fact that more than half of the world population adheres to one or the other of these religions, there is still no peace on earth; on the contrary, there is tumult and suffering in virtually every region of the world. This should make people wonder whether they are truly doing the Will of God which the true God's People should be known for.

God's people are not necessarily those who profess to adhere to any of the various religions of the world but those who do the Will of God on earth. Now, what is the Will of God for us on earth? His Will manifests in the Divine Laws that He has woven into His Creation from the time creation came into existence. These Divine Laws are unchangeable, adamantine and inflexible - they are no respecter of persons! For example, one of those Laws says 'What you sow is what you reap'. If someone regards himself as one of God's People and yet sows evil through his thoughts, words and actions towards his neighbour, is it surprising that some harm must befall him in spite of his thinking that he is one of God's People? As I said, the Laws are adamantine and no respecter of persons!. The Almighty will not alter or tamper with His Laws for anybody's sake not even for the Son of God!

There are many of such Laws which actually govern Creation. The fact that most of us do not take the trouble to observe and adjust our lives to these Laws does not prevent the Laws from taking effect in a way that can injure us or bring painful experiences when violated. The Laws are all woven into the fabric of Creation - just look around you and you will see them at work. Besides the Law of Sowing & Reaping, there is the Law of Motion/Movement (perpetual motion is a requirement for survival and continued existence); the Law of Balance (Giving & Receiving); the Law of Homogeneity (Birds of a feather flock together); the Law of Spiritual Gravity (good deeds make for lightness and ascent while evil deeds add weight and make the soul sink into regions of damnation), etc, etc.

Man needs to learn to understand the workings of the Laws of Creation in order to see the Perfection of the Almighty Creator manifesting in everything. Where you fail to see it, man has distorted things and must suffer the consequences by having to undergo painful experiences as well as live in an environment that is devoid of peace, love, justice, fairness, orderliness, inner joy and spiritual fulfilment.
Hope the above is of some help.
Best wishes.

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by abacusCm(m): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Caspian22: God doesn't test his faithful followers by puuting problems in there way james 1:13
So that means job (in Bible) is not a faithful follower.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tintingz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
irony of the bible scriptures Lol, Abraham's faith was tested, that is why he's called father of faith cheesy

Even the israerites were tested during the time of Moses. God tested their faith.

So many people are out there serving God 24/7 but still their prayers have not yet been answered. God is testing them.

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by severee(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
God didn't make the world this way we did.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by uche92(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
If good things always happened, people would not feel the need to turn to God; think about it. And "His" people almost never thank God when things are good but begin to blame and beg Him when things turn bad
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by shinealight(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
tintingz: irony of the bible scriptures Lol, Abraham's faith was tested, that is why he's called father of faith cheesy

So many people are out there serving God 24/7 but still their prayers have not yet been answered. God is testing them.

The Almighty Creator does not test or tempt anybody. It is only Lucifer that tempts and deceives. Please take note of this important fact!
It was Lucifer who introduced the Principle of Temptation into Creation and this 'evil principle' is opposed to the Principle of Loving guidance which is the hallmark of the Light. Hence, Lucifer is unable to link up with the Regions of Light because of his evil principle!
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by AmINotHuman(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
Being Christian doesn't mean absolutely nothing bad will happen to you. Not at all.

God brings adversities our way so we can learn from them, grow or/and learn to trust Him.

I was born into a Christian family but I never really had relationship with God until I got severely depressed a few months ago: I wasn't doing very well in school and I had no friends or family to look to for support.

But He was there for me; I talked to Him everyday for he was my best and only friend, and I got over my depression. Now, I've met some amazing people, all my insecurities have vanished and I'm getting A's anyhow.

It might not seem like a lot to others but I know what He's done for me, and I thank Him for letting me do through difficulty so I could learn to depend on Him.

My point is, being a Christian doesn't mean you won't go through difficulties, but that you'll come out of them better than you were before; you'll go through the fire and come out without even the smell of smoke on your body.

God is amazing. He truly is.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by White007(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
-Epicurus
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by mylove2011: 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
To my own understanding God does not allow good people to suffer.....he only tested us to know how far we can go with him,ie.....how faith and confident we how in God......cos every thing that happens in our lives happens for a reason...no matter the challenges and difficulties we are facing in this word...i believe that one day,God we surely put smiles in his people face...Again bad thing happens to people because of their evil action they did to innocent people...cos there is this saying that says what ever we sow so shall we reap both good and bad.some suffer because of their evil deed.....
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by HerexG(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
Life is guarded strongly by Choice and Faith

If you like be you a prophet, Born again or a pastor, if you don't live by faith God will do absolutely nothing to your case

Remember the Just shall live by Faith.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by ifebosco: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
i just want the powers to be the president of nigeria for 2days,only to 2days after that you can die no problema.
it will be operation clean nigeria.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by lanrexlan(m): 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
shinealight:

The Almighty Creator does not test or tempt anybody. It is only Lucifer that tempts and deceives. Please take note of this important fact!
It was Lucifer who introduced the Principle of Temptation into Creation and this 'evil principle' is opposed to the Principle of Loving guidance which is the hallmark of the Light. Hence, Lucifer is unable to link up with the Regions of Light because of his evil principle!
Then you are saying the biblical god is Lucifer according to your analysis.Read this.
Genesis 22:1 (KJV) -And it came to pass after these things,that God did tempt Abraham,and said unto him,Abraham:and he said,Behold,here I am.What happened here?.....Peace

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by brokerbash: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
First to start witgrin world is a school,MUHAMMAD(SAW) is d teacher,
We muslims re d student.
D ANGELS re d invigilators,
ALLAH(SWT) is d examiner
QIYAMA is d day 4 release of d results
Our grades will be AL JANNAH & JAHANAMA.When Muslims derail 4rm d rytful way.Allah sends torment on dem lik He did 2 d Muslim nation b4 us by allowin d intrusion of d TATA'S & D MONGOLS(china people) who committed large massacre in d Islamic nation as @ den afta d attrocities commitd by dem. ALLAH converted dem all 2 muslims dat is 2 say dey will all die as believers apart 4rm d fact dat Allah test us we should also try 2 kip 2 d straight path.A bedioun man once askd Rasullalah he said and I quote wat would purify a muslim 4rm his sins HE(SAW) said hardship,sickness and torture if he d muslim tkes it wit Faith.Salam
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tintingz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
shinealight:

Who tested Abraham's faith?

Even the israelites were tested, God tested their faith during the time of Moses.

What about job?

Why did Jesus said "you people of little faith"

Who tested their faith God or Lucifer?

Ok let assume lucifer tested their faith, why would God look at his own believers tempted or tested by satan? Even Jesus your mighty god didn't escape temptation in the bible. Why did God sit and watch his "son" tempted by the devil for 40 days and night in the bible?

Now tell me why are they so many believers that served God 24/7
for many years still waiting for their prayers to be answered? Is it a test or not?

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Oyiboman69: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
all men share equal fate
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tintingz(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
lanrexlan: Then you are saying the biblical god is Lucifer according to your analysis.Read this.
Genesis 22:1 (KJV) -And it came to pass after these things,that God did tempt Abraham,and said unto him,Abraham:and he said,Behold,here I am.What happened here?.....Peace
Lol, thank you brother for that verse. Many christians don't even understand the purpose of this life. They are ignorant of their bible a christian ones argue this with me and asked her who tested Abraham's faith? She was just beating around the bush grin

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
lanrexlan: Then you are saying the biblical god is Lucifer according to your analysis.Read this.

Instead mk dem go read dere book well b4 jumping into matter wey no concern dem... he/she is nt aware of dis verse perhaps... Smh
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by lanrexlan(m): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
tintingz: Lol, thank you brother for that verse. Many christians don't even understand the purpose of this life. They are ignorant of their bible a christian ones argue this with me and asked her who tested Abraham's faith? She was just beating around the bush grin
You are welcome my dear brother.They are like robots,satisfied with what they are fed on sundays.grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by saintNinoBran(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
God allows evil to befall his people in order for dem to have and increase their faith in him because when u are into trouble, it will give u d courage to turn to him for solution and when he helps u out of it, u will have no option dan to serve, worship and lay ur focus on him. Hope it is clear to u now the person dat ask dis question?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by bamssy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
as a xtain i believe God dnt allow bad tinz 2 happen 2 pple 4 d bible say s thot towards us r of gud nt of evil. Wen bad tinz happen 2 gud pple it might b a temptation 2 test 1s faith bt what actually acct 4 bad tinz dat befalls pple s sin and dis draws us away 4rm Gods protectn as d bible say in romans "for all have sin and fall short of the glory of God" so pls pple it wrong 2 attribute bad occurance 2 God...may d luv of God n d peace of s son Jesus christ continue 2 rest n abide in us amen
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by lolaxavier(m): 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
njuwo: May My God Forgive You and save your soul from destruction thru Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour amen.

njuwo, abi na wetin u call yourself, I don't need your sermon neither do I have to engage in what you believe in. If that's what makes your life easy, go after it. It doesn't impact on me in any manner as far as I know. I'd rather pray to a pile of dog shit.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by immunno(m): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why Is There So Much Suffering?

MEMBERS of the clergy who claim to know the answer to the question posed at the left often teach that suffering is punishment from God. Days after Haiti’s earthquake, for example, a priest in the capital told his congregation that the disaster was a message from God. Others are less dogmatic. An American associate professor of religion says that many people seem to view it this way: “Why God ordains such disasters is a mystery that is not ours to question. It is only our job to have faith.”

Does God really “ordain” human suffering? The Bible emphatically answers no! Suffering was not part of Jehovah God’s purpose for mankind. However, the first human couple rebelled against God’s rule, choosing to set their own standards of good and bad. They turned away from God and suffered the consequences. Today we are experiencing the effects of their bad choice. But in no way did God originate human suffering. The Bible says: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James 1:13) Suffering can afflict anyone​—even those who are favored by God. Consider the following examples:

The prophet Elisha had a terminal illness.​—2 Kings 13:14.
The apostle Paul wrote that he continued “to hunger and also to thirst and to be scantily clothed and to be knocked about and to be homeless.”​—1 Corinthians 4:11.
The Christian Epaphroditus was sick and “depressed.”​—Philippians 2:25, 26.
Nowhere do we read that these three men were being punished by God for their sins. Yet, the Bible does more than simply reveal who is not responsible for suffering. It also identifies three basic factors that often cause suffering.

Personal Choice

“Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.” (Galatians 6:7) Certainly, a person who chooses to smoke, drive recklessly, or squander his income must bear some responsibility for any suffering his decisions may cause.

We may also suffer because of the selfish choices of someone else. Indeed, humans have perpetrated the most disturbing evils, from Nazi atrocities to the abuse of children. By misusing free will, some make decisions that bring suffering to others.

Random Events

In the first century C.E., a large tower in Jerusalem fell, killing 18 people. Referring to the victims of this incident, Jesus said: “Do you think they were more guilty than anyone else who lived in Jerusalem? Certainly not!” (Luke 13:4, 5, The New American Bible) Jesus knew that the victims were not punished by God. He knew what God’s Word had earlier stated: “Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11) Many tragedies occur because a victim is in the wrong place at the wrong time or because of human error. For example, reports show that there is much more suffering when people ignore warnings and where buildings are not constructed to withstand severe weather or earthquakes. In such cases, random events affect more people and thus cause more suffering.

“The Ruler of This World”

The Bible states: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (John 12:31; 1 John 5:19) That “wicked one” is Satan the Devil, a powerful spirit creature who is described as “the ruler of the authority of the air.” Satan promotes “the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 2:2) Some crimes, such as genocide and child abuse, have been so horrific that many find it hard to attribute them to mere human origin.

However, does this mean that God is indifferent to our suffering? Can he​—will he—​do anything to end it?
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by eyenCalabar(m): 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
My people, pls God doesn't allow bad things happens to His people. I have seen some saying He does allowed them because of our wrongdoings, No! God cannot use the instrument of the devil to correct His children. He's bigger than that. The ONLY reason why bad things happen to His people is because His people have refused to do something. The Bible says that evil prevails when good men do nothing and NOT when God do nothing. God have already done all He needed to do when He finished His creation work as recorded in Genesis. The Bible also says that all works were finished from the foundation of the earth. One may ask, what is He doing now then? Well, He is waiting for your manifestation. He manifest Himself through us. He is waiting for you to do something because He has done His own part already. So this is the reality today. Stop praying that God should do this or that for you 'cos He won't repeat what He has done for you already. And how do you know what He has done for you, through His Word i.e. the Bible. So you take hold of the life He promised you through His Word.

Renovation Of The Roof Of The Holy Ka’bah In 1377AH (1957)) / Take Advantage Of "5" Before "5" / Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79