Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,607 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" (19220 Views)

5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Sheenor: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
He test humans 2 Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ who believe and hav faith...
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by phil5(m): 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hhhhhmmmmm dis one is sttttrrrooonnnngggg
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by shineeye1: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bad things happening to man is a direct divident of man's faulty exercise of his freedom to choose. Bad happenings have become a common denominator to all men- God's people inclusive. Evils may only be averted through deliberate intercessions. When they happen to the faithfuls, God knows how to save and sustain them. An era of universal peace devoid of these wrong choices and their unsavory consequences is about to arrive.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by plaetton: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
It is for the same reason that santa clause does not bring christmas present for adults.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Meklex(m): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
From the above its crystal that evil has only one captain.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by ivcraig(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
God does not, I repeat, allow bad things happen to his people. Humans have something no other creature, even angels have. We humans have free will. He cannot force a right direction and instruction on humans. So humans go ahead and get their selves into trouble and they blame God.
I pray we all will always be protected by God and be attentive to his leading and direction.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Rejoice5000(f): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
What is written in the bible will always be true its not that God allow bad thing to be happening to good people, its just that in my own understanding all Grace are not equal the grace of God that i have and that of another person will not be the same. see ESAU AND JACOB.IN THE BIBLE.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by cashkid042(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
is dis question only meant for muslims
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by trolling(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
When you dealing with the true and living Creator, you must take the good with the evil, and some people Just reap what they sow, if evil doesn't happen to good people they won't appreciate the good
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Eureka007: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
The problem is that we can not say what is evil and what is not.we can only see the present,but sometime what we call evil may be a blessing in disguise.i have seen many people whos broblems led to breakthrough...may God help us,,we mortals because our understanding is so limited.the bible tells me that all things(good and evil)work for good to them that trust in the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by LordBabs(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jarus: In Islam, we are told it's a test.
By virtue of common sense and logic, test comes as a result of uncertainty. This simple fact is formidable enough to disprove your God's omnipotence. An omni Super Power needs not test its works/subjects....guess it's a ruse all the way!

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by saintneo(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
To be candid I have asked this question as a Christian as well. I was deep in love with my God and suddenly I lost someone very dear to me. I prayed God should kill me too.
Despite all these, if we recall the tribulations of Job in the bible, you'll realise that the devil enjoys tormenting the children of God and Godallows such so as to prove the devil wrong.
It makes us stronger in our connection to God.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
The problem is not the problem.
The problem is your attitude towards the problem.
Do you understand?

Did you tell the almighty God what happened or were you spending time asking WHY it happened. FYI God doesn't plague His people.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by xykms101: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Only God knows.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by owobusylvester: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
waiting they happen save
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by tellwisdom: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
rhythyson:

Your evil intension grin

bluddy sinner like u tongue
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by gnykelly(m): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
from another point of view. There are two type of energy in everything. One being good the other bad (e.g. FIRE it can be used to cook and can also be used to destroy. Either intentionally or not) but a certain forces(ALLAH) control these energy. Either of this energy could be directed towards any thing/body to cause either harm or good. But guess what? There is a way to attract the good energy and to either reduce or destroy the bad energy which is PRAYER.
Have you guys ever thought about noetic science.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by alextayo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Phiozy: That's because God is not the one in charge of this world, satan is. When God created this world He handed over the keys to Man to have dominion. But after man committed treason at the garden, man handed the key over to satan and now satan is the ruler of this world which is why we see so many bad things happening.
One thing u should know is that the devil and his agents know their boundaries when trying to oppress a child of God(The case of Job). Unless there is an insider or u give them the chance to, they can never cross their boundary. All things work together for good to them LOVE GOD AND WORK ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.

This topic is called the PROBLEM OF EVIL under PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION and it is one of the problems identified in PHILOSOPHY. @ PHIOZY, Your explanation is from the Biblical point of view and i want you to explain certain things here:

The problem of evil is the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with that of a GOD who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. An argument from evil attempts to show that the co-existence of GOD and evil is unlikely or impossible and some questions and postulations were raised:
Question 1: Is it that God does not have the power to remove evil (this negates the attribute of God as being All powerful, Almighty)
Question 2: Good and evil most exist together (this negates the attribute of God as a good God. God is good and he created all things Good) At this point I remembered this beatiful hymn: All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all.
Question 3: Is it that God takes delight in seeing people suffering (this negates the attribute of God as an all merciful God)

Other explanations include the explanation of evil as the result of free will misused by God's creatures, the view that our suffering is required for personal and spiritual growth, and skepticism concerning the ability of humans to understand God's reasons for permitting the existence of evil. The idea that evil comes from a misuse of free will also might be incompatible of a deity which could know all future events thereby eliminating our ability to 'do otherwise' in any situation which eliminates the capacity for free will.

I dont want to sound ATHEIST here but i have my very serious reservation.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by mysteko(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by vanhelsing(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
God doesn't exist period...even if you successfully come up with some rationalization as to why bad things happen to people,how do you explain stillborns? What faith is been tested on their part?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by ibedun: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Because God exist more in the imagination of man than in reality.

The richest most peaceful and advanced economies of the world know and worship 'god' very little.

I teach my kids not to believe in anything they do not see or hear or feel.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Edunwa302(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
If our lord en our GOD cld allow his only begotten son (JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH) to be killed by ordinaly human,den who are we not to pass thru some little pain just to confirm hw firm our faith is to him.
Remember d ways of the all mighty are totally different from ways of man, dt which u termed as bad thing might be the best in d eyes of d lord.
The lord we serve is an omini potent en omini science God so u wldnt no what is bad or good our lord knows better dts y he urge us to glorify his name in every situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by lolaxavier(m): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
He allows it because he's a psychopath..
but come to think of it,he doesn't exist in the first place...so he's not capable. He is omni-absent. Endpoint,bad things happen to both good and bad people.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by eyinjubaby(f): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bismilliahi,,What doesn't kill make us stronger. All test, passed, promote us to the next class and make us wiser, stronger.no test will last forever,, it has a fixed time, that will be over!!!it is only does who sincerely prepare for the test, would make it diligently!!!!May Allah grant us wisdom, knowledge, understanding to pass all test and make it to the next level.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by planetuzor(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
When I 1st saw this verse of the bible it Opened my eyes to the answer to this question

Eccl 1O "he who breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite"

For every christian doing the will of God and obeying him, God put an hedge around u that the devils can't touch u, but most time we humans breaks the hedge (we go against Gods rule, we disobey God commandment in one form or the other) then the serpent (the Devil ) strikes....

Pls look up that verse in the bible or search it on the internet to understand better!!
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Okijajuju1(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Answer:: Because God does not care about the world we live in...
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Give you life to me and be saved. I am coming soon. Peace out
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Because there is no god...things jst happens the way it should...

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by Meklex(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
mysteko: Well.. My opinion here is that God is not capable of doing evil. The human race has free choice and if you do not know, the whole is being ruled by satan currently that's why bad characters such as homosexuality, and corruption is easily acceptable in our society nowadays because we are in the end times and the bible already told us these things would happen at end of time.
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Re: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" by 1n2n3(f): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 2:
Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried?

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 3:
And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Take Advantage Of "5" Before "5" / Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) / Common Reasons For Late Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.