Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Why Are Some Men Heartless - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Men Heartless (4363 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / A Heartless Woman Dumped This Baby Latelast Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
careytommy: As you make your bed, so you lie on it.
You have made your's so do the needful and stop disturbing others.
show some love or empathy at least.jeez.what a cold world with mean/uncaring peeps.smh.

Nigerians sha.hiaaaaannnn

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by pickabeau1: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2013
Ok.. I have not seen the first and last but I liked the second one

About the woman dying of cancer and her last son was not realy hers' abi?

kulyie: temptation,madea's big happy family as well as haves and haves not however i am not yet done with the latter smiley
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by juman(m): 8:58am On Oct 21, 2013
This is very very sad story.

It's important for you to find a way to reconcile with your parents and siblings.

You are disrespected because they see you as somebody that has nobody to "run" to.

I pray that our God, our Creator and Benefactor will be with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 21, 2013
This is not about your parents abandoning you or something. The truth is YOU abandoned YOU. i don't mean to sound harsh but its the truth after a couple of years what stopped you from getting a job by all means but the marriage was more important than you, your husband was more important than you and now you owe your kids your life. Do you really think your actions so far make you a pious woman? Don't get me wrong you are a good woman no doubt but this love,this respect you are giving to your husband and kids why not give it to yourself FIRST.

I don't know how you will become economically empowered but try and then get an apartment there is something beautiful about life when you put your mind to something, you find strength, sense, and somehow money to make it happen. Ma'am have you noticed this too? Who told you that you have to wait for him to kick you out before you make a decision to leave? if your parents will help you go to them if they won't find a way but move on from that man. No point blaming him its a waste of thinking put your mind to use and start thinking there is still hope simply because you are still alive yeah 18 yrs has gone by and you feel you wasted your life on this man but you have those lovely kids so it wasn't entirely wasted. What if you get to live to 90? do you want to be mourning and weeping for the rest of your life? Please madam just begin to think like you are alone with only God on your team and lets see what happens. If he stole your past, he cant steal your future.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Agrika: 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
See its not to late to reconcile with your family most especially ur mum, take some gifts along with you and kneel down before her and beg for forgiveness,.....sometimes God use our parents as a form of "shield" against sorrow but you disobeyed them.....after then seek support from them and most of all retrace your steps to the God of ur childhood, you cant fight this battle alone
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
DailyNews: Speechless! Honestly, I don't even know what to say to you cos to me, its already too late and u need to exercise patience and train your kids. I know my advice may not be the best, but 18years To me its already too late.

But then, I would love to use this medium to reach out to young people (male and female) who are still single and may read this.

Marriage takes more than love to work!
Marriage takes more than just money to work!

You made the first mistake of agreeing to marry a man who do not share similar belief with you!

I am not a religious bigot, but it is safer to marry someone who believes in what u believe in and shares same faith and belief with u.

See, I have a quote I formed myself after observing things in this life and goes like this: “men are shaped by their beliefs, and most of these beliefs are either spiritual or religious!”

The second mistake is resigning your job without first making sure he has established the business (super market like u said) for u. And then, what happened to the money u saved from ur past salaries before u resigned U squandered them on him in the name of LOVE too

It is not a bad idea for a man to suggest to his wife to resign a task demanding and time-consuming job in order to focus more on their kids, but he and the woman ought to sit down intelligently and harmoniously to craft a backup or alternative job or business for the woman before she quits her job. Quitting the job should come after the business has been set up or while its being set up, and not the other way.

Lastly, our parents most times act as God's agents and voices, but most times, we don't listen to them, maybe because we sometimes believe that we know too much, and are too exposed, educated and civilized than them, and hence, hardly take their honest counsels when it comes to romance and marriage, too bad.

Whenever your parents or elderly strangers are objecting your marriage to someone, especially when they don't have any personal issue with the person, pls consider their counsel and look closely into their reasons for objecting the union, rather than waving it aside in the name of: I AM IN LOVE WITH HIM or HER!

What a sad story indeed! Wish I had better advice or solution to offer. May God show u the way and send forth a solution your way soonest.

Have you heard 'better late than never?'

No time is too late to start afresh if need be.

25 + 18 = 43

If she's to live till 75 on the average, she has about 32more years to live.

@OP:

You are doing your children a disservice staying in your 'marriage'. They are old enough to stand on their own. It's time for you to get you life back. See the last 18years as a mistake save the two kids, it is time to forge ahead. Don't let your past ruin your future.

Get a job or source of income first and reconcile with your parents.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by juman(m): 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
^^
Getting job in nigeria is not as easy as that. And she has a dominating husband.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bukatyne(f): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
juman: ^^
Getting job in nigeria is not as easy as that. And she has a dominating husband.

Choose what is more important to her...

Her life (not existence) and a profitless marriage
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
bukatyne: Get a job or source of income first and reconcile with your parents.

I think her case is almost hopeless

18yrs out of a job, i doubt anyone would want to employ her again

No money to start a business,

No family to run to or help you. 2 kids to care for

Your husband really has cornered you where he wanted

First rule to control and abuse a woman, Have her quit her job and depend on you. Who else would be easier to control if not one who comes to you for every penny

the only thing you can do is t lock yourself and your daughter in the room and cry to her and warn her sternly never to make the same mistake of depending on another human for finances
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
bukatyne:

Have you heard 'better late than never?'

No time is too late to start afresh if need be.

25 + 18 = 43

If she's to live till 75 on the average, she has about 32more years to live.

@OP:

You are doing your children a disservice staying in your 'marriage'. They are old enough to stand on their own. It's time for you to get you life back. See the last 18years as a mistake save the two kids, it is time to forge ahead. Don't let your past ruin your future.

Get a job or source of income first and reconcile with your parents.

its not always easy to learn to use left hand at old age.....starting up a new business at her age requires external financial backing...and that is where she needs to run fast and reconcile with her parents and siblings. But my concern is to use this medium to forewarn young and single ladies and guys reading this.

My sister was a nurse, working an earning before she met her present husband who happened to be doing a menial job....and didn't even had enough to fend for himself and his own siblings...my sister turned down a very wealthy guy for his sake, and for fear of marrying a man she know nothing about his wealth....

When she agreed to marry her present hubby now, my eldest brother said no...he was earning good income himself then and saw it as an insult for a man who doesn't have cash to come marry his lovely sister...but my sister insisted and one of our elder bro backed her up with my parents and she married the guy without a dime.

They joined money together and got a room apartment...he told my sister to quit her nursing job to enable her focus on their marriage and kids to come...my sister didn't refuse, she agreed and used her savings to start up her own grocery store with drink parlor.....and also bought bike back then and gave it out on hire purchase....

gradually, she moved up to a better shop and started selling clothes...and purchased a taxi, passat herself...and by then, her hubby bought a windy bike...imagine, lolz....gradually, the hubby picked up, purchased his own taxi too and gave it out to someone to be driving for him.

to cut the whole story short...today, they are so extremely blessed...in fact, they can be tagged: rich in Nigerian setting...own their own duplex..etc....and guess what?

My sister presently owns her own big business....very successful business...plus her own personal buses running on mass transit. and her hubby now is a confirmed big man in Nigerian terms...lolz...

so why did i narrated the story

To inspire young people out there reading this...and to also let you know that the op made a mistake by leaving her job without starting a new business....yes it is not late to start now...but it won't be easy...she really need some financial backing to startup...and she needs her parents, siblings and in fact, hubby to assist her get back on track. I really wish her the best of luck...it hurts....not easy.

I feel for her and many others out there in similar situation...God will help them and us all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by dominique(f): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
Does it mean for a whopping 18 years, there's nobody from the husband's side of the family this woman has won over Something about herself she prolly left out? Her husband is living alone in another city and doesn't deem it fit to relocate his family to where he is? undecided

Anyways I'm not one to place blames or judge harshly. All I have to say she needs to build a strong support system in her immediately. She may think they've abandened her, but once she cries out to them, she will be surprised that some of them will still be willing to lend her a shoulder to cry on. She can obtain a small loan from them and get start a business.

They're already living miles apart, so they're as good as separated. I don't know how a divorce will help her situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by tpia5: 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
The man did not say he 's not in the marriage, if i'm reading the long story correctly.

The major issue i'm seeing is the womanizing and the wife is feeling down mostly because of this, and no, the relatives are not helping, probably because they never supported the marriage to begin with.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bukatyne(f): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
dayokanu:

I think her case is almost hopeless

18yrs out of a job, i doubt anyone would want to employ her again

No money to start a business,

No family to run to or help you. 2 kids to care for

Your husband really has cornered you where he wanted

First rule to control and abuse a woman, Have her quit her job and depend on you. Who else would be easier to control if not one who comes to you for every penny

the only thing you can do is t lock yourself and your daughter in the room and cry to her and warn her sternly never to make the same mistake of depending on another human for finances

When there is a will, there is a way

If she has an jewelry of worth, now is the time to sell it. If she has good clothes, shoes, bags etc., out for sale.

If there is anything she's doing that is chopping money like hair, one club or the other, she should forget it.

She should assume she is at the war front and tie her gele firmly on her waist.

Collecting 18yrs of her life back is no joke and only the violent (in spirit) will make it.

God will see her through.

I wonder why every one thinks all women would have the desire, flair or skill to manage a supermarket.

I guess it must have been a course I missed in school or a talent I did get.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Guys guys guys *snaps fingers*

Am disappointed nobody is thinking outta the box.

These are the highlights and some of you are getting unnecessarily worked up.

1. The husband is a muslim.

This means that the man has the express right to marry up to 4 wives.
This automatically makes it impossible for the woman to expect to be treated like an only wife.

2. The husband has bee living in abuja for a long time.

To the best of my understanding, it means he is maRried to another woman over there.
Even if its not the allegation by this wife that the man is busy philandering does not hold water because he may just be sorting out which woman to marry to complete his slot for all we care.

Its obvious all the actions of this man are linked one way or the other to his religiuous orientation.

I can say this because my dad is from a muslim background and all my uncles from my paternal side are alfas and imams.

So this is not religious profiling . I am only trying to open the eyes of single ladies out there who might be reading this.

Thanks God for my mom.

Toughest Woman Ever Liveth!!

Ofcourse my dads brothers have one time or the other tried all these rubbish with us too, just that my mama had counted the cost and she was prepared to fight which she did and won.

But like I said, not all women infact very few women are as tough as my mom.

So @Op I wish you strength and the grace to pull through this difficult moment of your life.

It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bukatyne(f): 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
@DailyNews: I don't know why I can't quote you.

Your sister's story is different from the OP's....

She and her hubby worked together to achieve their dream.

The truth is that often times, most ladies do not know what they want to do with their lives. They are marriage as the zenith of their lives hence any thing with kokoro dangling between his two legs is good enough.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by tpia5: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Guitarlife: Guys guys guys *snaps fingers*

Am disappointed nobody is thinking outta the box.

These are the highlights and some of you are getting unnecessarily worked up.

1. The husband is a muslim.

This means that the man has the express right to marry up to 4 wives.
This automatically makes it impossible for the woman to expect to be treated like an only wife.

2. The husband has bee living in abuja for a long time.

To the best of my understanding, it means he is maRried to another woman over there.
Even if its not the allegation by this wife that the man is busy philandering does not hold water because he may just be sorting out which woman to marry to complete his slot for all we care.

Its obvious all the actions of this man are linked one way or the other to his religiuous orientation.

I can say this because my dad is from a muslim background and all my uncles from my paternal side are alfas and imams.

So this is not religious profiling . I am only trying to open the eyes of single ladies out there who might be reading this.

Thanks God for my mom.

Toughest Woman Ever Liveth!!

Ofcourse my dads brothers have one time or the other tried all these rubbish with us too, just that my mama had counted the cost and she was prepared to fight which she did and won.

But like I said, not all women infact very few women are as tough as my mom.

So @Op I wish you strength and the grace to pull through this difficult moment of your life.

It is well with you.

doesnt sound like the husband isnt into the wife, but once womanizing enters a matter, takes supernatural grace of God to prevail.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by tpia5: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
the man now has to blow his money on impressing girlfriends, who will vanish after they suck his blood dry.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 22, 2013
pickabeau1: Ok.. I have not seen the first and last but I liked the second one

About the woman dying of cancer and her last son was not realy hers' abi?

yes.you are right.meanwhile temptation was about a lady who married at a very young age,at 19 precisely.she had no fun childhood.the mom was always forcing her to live a regemented life,from church,school and home.no parties,no friends,dates or anything typical of her age mates,so when she married,she married a good guy however he was a boring dude too.he wouldnt remember her birthday,he was always at work,he was just a dry guy but he loved and respected her however she wanted a phenomenal guy,someone who will blow her mind and give her a life of fun,meanwhile kim kardashian who was her friend always complained about her unattractive (deeper life dressing.thats my word) she wont iron her clothes,she will wear funny looking shoes etc.so when she complained to kim about her husband,kim told her her dress sense was fked up and needs to be upgraded,anyway kim tushed her up and after sometime she met this rich,handsome black guy

the guy was fun lover who knew what she wanted,took her round the world in his private jet,gave her luxuries she craved for and promised to open a private firm for her if only she can dump her husband and stick with him,unknown to her,he had hiv,of which his ex girl friend (brandy,ray jay's sister) had contacted it through him.he introduced her to drugs,alchol and wild sex.thats just the introduction of the story

let me not tell you everything,lol,go and watch it yourself,its interesting cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 22, 2013
The 2nd one :haves and haves not is about a very wayward lady who came from a very poor home and who was always after the highest bidder. Her dream was to be a high class prostitute and going after super rich guys.her single mom had talked and talked for her to change,but she gets worse everyday so her mom disowned her and then she went to research about this billionaire tycoon through the internet and made friends with the daughter so she can get to him.meanwhile the billionaire was contesting for the post of a president.she schemed her way into the heart of the daughter and his daughter really liked her and always tells her things about her parents including sensitive and private family issues.so one day,the billionaire's daughter asked her to move in with her to keep her company .so during the man's birthday,she came around.the scheming girl's mom was a domestic servant in the billionaires home.her duty was to serve guests,wash dishes,clean the house etc.so the billionaires wife at first liked her daughters friend and welcomed her into their home,told the girl that this woman was her servant and she should order anything she wants from her ( billionaires wife and husband didnt know that was her mom because she had lied to them that her parents are late and she is a doctor.the mom heard all her discussion/lies and she knew what her daughter was up to which was to destroy the family,rip the man dry and destroy his political career because she had done it for other rich guys too which her mom was aware of. so she told her other colleague who was a servant there too.the scheming girls mom was so devastated and said she was going downstairs to burst the girls lies,her colleague drew her back and reminded her that american elites and tycoons are there,they wouldnt believe her and they might even send her away,so she should just supress all her emotions and suck it in.

After the party,the mother called her to one corner of the room that she knows what she is up to and for her good,she should leave this family alone because they are nice people,united and caring.the girl said she doesnt care about all that,she is only intrested in having a share of the man's wealth,snatched her hand away from the mother and walked away.the mother agin went to meet her the following day begging her to leave the family alone

along the line,one of billionaires wife's friend was suspecting the girl had something up her sleeves because at the party,she asked her what hospital she works because she has friends who are doctors and she started stuterring,the billionaires wife who already liked her,covered up for her and said,she should leave her.anyway the woman told billionaires wife to watch her closely and so the woman started watching her.so one day it dawned on her that what her friend said might be true

this girl claims to be a doctor,but all she does is just go out any time,come in,i have not seen her going for emmergency cases,no uniform or anything that signifies been a doctor on her and said this girl will be a bad influence on my daughter

unfortunatly,this scheming billion digger had gotten all the vital info she needed to hatch her plan and then she started seducing the man,before you say jack robinson,this man had started sleeping with her and then several times there was a close shave.its either the daughter or the son that will be almost close to catching them but the son was more suspicious and started wondering why this girl was always in his dads office (within the house,alone with the dad and doors locked) he had seen him kissing the dad one day they forgot to close the door.so the son called her and asked if she was sleeping with the dad,the dad heard and used ogboju (bone face) on the son by tongue lashing him.

The billionaires wife on the other hand was telling the daughter that she must go to law school since she has finished her degree as a way of seperating her from her friend.the girl said she doesnt want to go to law school,she wants to learn fashion designing. so the mom got annoyed annoyed and went to meet her friend that the daughter has never disobeyed her and since when she came into their family,her daughter has started disobeying her.she must be a bad influence on her daughter and she has to leave the house

Thats where i stopped.i have not finished watching it.however its a seasonal film o.its tooooooooooooo long.i used a whole day to watch it.i started watching it at 8am and stopped at 6.3o pm because i didnt do any other thing.i had to force myself to leave there.its very intriguing.meanwhile that is just season 1 i summarised.it is going to 20.lol
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by pickabeau1: 7:24am On Oct 22, 2013
cooly cooly TP Lover grin

I will go and get these films immediately i leave work

I have seen a bit though

Have u seen Witness Protection

For Coloured Girls

Good Deeds

Daddy's Little Girls
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bellong: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2013
Since the story is fiction and meant for educating single ladies, I will also drop one piece of advice.

Love (emotional feelings) is not enough reason to marry somebody. Infact, love should even come strongly after the marriage, Love who you marry but prior to it sync your head with your heart in taking good decision.

I hate it when people say I love him/her so much despite seeing obvious reasons that the person will make their life a living hell. Excuse, he/she will change, he/she loves me too....

If your tale is genuine, I wish you well in your endurance if you can't take right decision glaring you in the face..... May God give you grace and strength not to collapse under depression.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by muhibro: 9:51am On Oct 22, 2013
Sorry for what u r going through but I think uve to be really careful here!

Firstly u said ur inlaws don't really like u and u talked about the smoking n drinking about ur husbands brothers or cousins, well I think as u rightfully said uve to be patient for the kids and stay till they grow up! Cos to be honest if u leave them do u think ur husband will have time to take care of them? And again the inlaws might just ruin there lifes so more than anything uve to continue to persevere and be patient.

I believe in prayers and patience, cos if u leave now they wud have defeated u u get just pray hard and continue to be patient GOD knows and see's everything it might not happen when u what but something will surely happen for the better and am really sorry and pray and hope a miracle happens to u soon u deserve it!

Look at it this way u don't have 18 more years there when ur kids finish uni and start working u can leave and sky will be ur limit then.

I believe in karma u sacrificed everything for him and see how he is treating u pay backs a*****. Just don't pray bad for him pray for something better for u and am sure u'lll laugh last! Sorry again stay blessed!
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
pickabeau1: cooly cooly TP Lover grin

I will go and get these films immediately i leave work

I have seen a bit though

Have u seen Witness Protection

For Coloured Girls

Good Deeds

Daddy's Little Girls

hahahaha i like tyler perry o.he is an awesome story writer.i have madea's witness protection on my laptop but i havent had time to watch it. The rest i havent watched it but ill call the guy who sells movies to come over this weekend and buy some.

Abeg let me go and fry turkey and cook this soup

hunger calls wink cheesy be right back 8-)
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by EfemenaXY: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
Despite all that's been said and done, the fact is: It's not easy for any woman (don't know about the men folk) to turn her back on eighteen years of married life.

I know this sounds crazy but sometimes, it hard for us humans to adopt a change in lifestyle after being stuck in one for so long. As you get older, you get more laid back, more accepting of situations, less willing to start afresh - and it'll take superhuman effort to up sticks and leave.

Why for example, do inmates in prison, after having spent a very, very, long stretch in there - find it difficult to re-integrate and adjust to living in 'normal' society? Many would even tell you they prefer going back to prison because they're more used to the routine of life in there.

So applying the same analogy here, why would this woman deem fit now to leave? After giving the best years of her life to this man? I think in her hearts of hearts, she doesn't want to leave, but only wants a change of attitude from her husband towards her. She's educated and smart - if she wanted to leave (and I mean really wanted to), she would have done so long before now, especially with her husband living apart from her in a different state. Nothing stopped her from reconciling with her family, getting back into working for an employer when it was still feasible and sorting out the mess in her life.

She simply used her kids as an excuse for staying behind and now that they've almost flown the nest, that excuse isn't there for her to hide behind. I think what this woman really needs and wants, is to reconcile her differences with her husband and she knows in her heart deep down that she'll never leave him.

Now that's my opinion of this story.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bukatyne(f): 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Efemena_xy: Despite all that's been said and done, the fact is: It's not easy for any woman (don't know about the men folk) to turn her back on eighteen years of married life.

I know this sounds crazy but sometimes, it hard for us humans to adopt a change in lifestyle after being stuck in one for so long. As you get older, you get more laid back, more accepting of situations, less willing to start afresh - and it'll take superhuman effort to up sticks and leave.

Why for example, do inmates in prison, after having spent a very, very, long stretch in there - find it difficult to re-integrate and adjust to living in 'normal' society? Many would even tell you they prefer going back to prison because they're more used to the routine of life in there.

So applying the same analogy here, why would this woman deem fit now to leave? After giving the best years of her life to this man? I think in her hearts of hearts, she doesn't want to leave, but only wants a change of attitude from her husband towards her. She's educated and smart - if she wanted to leave (and I mean really wanted to), she would have done so long before now, especially with her husband living apart from her in a different state. Nothing stopped her from reconciling with her family, getting back into working for an employer when it was still feasible and sorting out the mess in her life.

She simply used her kids as an excuse for staying behind and now that they've almost flown the nest, that excuse isn't there for her to hide behind. I think what this woman really needs and wants, is to reconcile her differences with her husband and she knows in her heart deep down that she'll never leave him.

Well, some men will never change except by a miracle.

It might be easy to leave but if that is what will give her life back, she has to find the strength and do.

She is quite lucky she married young; she is just 43yrs now, not late to start again.

Like you said, she might not even be willing to leave the dead marriage or start afresh in the first place
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by EfemenaXY: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
^^ Exactly.

And yes, you are right that it's not too late to start again but the question is: does she really want to? She's probably asked herself - of what use would that be? If she's not leaving to look for a man, then she's going to live one very lonely life out there on her own (esp. if she hasn't settled her differences with her family).

I think she's so used to being surrounded with / by people, even her obnoxious in-laws, she probably feels she can 'manage' the situation.

I may be wrong in my assumptions, but one thing I'm certain off, is that this woman has got serious self-esteem issues. Her confidence and belief in herself has been chipped away over the years by her husband.

Poor soul.
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by bukatyne(f): 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Exactly.

And yes, you are right that it's not too late to start again but the question is: does she really want to? She's probably asked herself - of what use would that be? If she's not leaving to look for a man, then she's going to live one very lonely life out there on her own (esp. if she hasn't settled her differences with her family).

I think she's so used to being surrounded with / by people, even her obnoxious in-laws, she probably feels she can 'manage' the situation.

I may be wrong in my assumptions, but one thing I'm certain off, is that this woman has got serious self-esteem issues. Her confidence and belief in herself has been chipped away over the years by her husband.

Poor soul.

100% correct.

I really feel for her. it is mainly her kids that can talk sense into her head

if they tell her that her staying/keeping mum is not benefitting to them or their outlook to marriage, she will wake up

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by pickabeau1: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
kulyie: yes.you are right.

I have seen the stage play on which this film is based
The woman's mum becomes a counsellor with one old guy like that

I will look out for the movie rightaway
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 23, 2013
pickabeau1:

I have seen the stage play on which this film is based
The woman's mum becomes a counsellor with one old guy like that

I will look out for the movie rightaway

wink
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by tintingz(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2013
I would like to read the husband side of the story smiley
Re: Why Are Some Men Heartless by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Efemena_xy: Despite all that's been said and done, the fact is: It's not easy for any woman (don't know about the men folk) to turn her back on eighteen years of married life.

On point but the problem here is that there has been no marriage in the real sense for a long time. I think even the men folk have a hard time walking out of 18 years of marriage. The man in this scenario will have a hard time letting go of her, he is used to having a wife somewhere while he roams free. She has been living like an acquired slave for the family while he has been living like a bachelor. What exactly does she want to save? I just always believe if at 80 you discover you can have a better life take it. 43 years is still young imagine if she lives past 80 that means if she takes charge of her life now,she has hope of some 40 years in peace and maybe happiness but at least not this hopelessness.

She does not need to divorce him but she can live for herself. You can only mother your kids up to a point they must grow up and live for themselves this is life, the husband is already living his life as he pleases. The ball is in her court.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help. Urgent / My Supernatural Encounter with unknown force. / I Buy Scrap Battery Ooo Inveter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.