Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? (11333 Views)

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / Is Nairaland.com A True Reflection Of Nigerians Attitude / Does Your Nairaland Personality Match Your Real-life Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by claremont(m): 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Yes.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anvaller:

I know that many NLers would be like this description of yours. Though that might be fun to you but this kind of e-habit degenerates everyone's mentality around the world. You never can tell how ur bullying, insults or any kind of attack would affect the attacked, some ppl are so weak minded. That is why I don't like it when ppl cyber abuse each other. Look for example the rampant tribal bashing or religious "conflict" on NL, I know in my mind that some of the guys that are in the habit of perpetrating it here might not really mean it and some would never even say those things in real life but they are just catching fun on NL and being silly. But the consequence is grave because many would not take it as a joke, they will conceive that information has being real and it will underly their mindset which in turn cultivate prejudice amongst ppl. Simply because of the comments they see on NL of which the writer of the comment was likely not serious about in the first place, if u know what I mean.

Unfortunately, some ppl derive pleasure in causing commotion, confusion and disturbance while they sit on a corner and laugh but seriously, that is wicked. I really do not like it.
my opinion too
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anvaller:

I know that many NLers would be like this description of yours. Though that might be fun to you but this kind of e-habit degenerates everyone's mentality around the world. You never can tell how ur bullying, insults or any kind of attack would affect the attacked, some ppl are so weak minded. That is why I don't like it when ppl cyber abuse each other. Look for example the rampant tribal bashing or religious "conflict" on NL, I know in my mind that some of the guys that are in the habit of perpetrating it here might not really mean it and some would never even say those things in real life but they are just catching fun on NL and being silly. But the consequence is grave because many would not take it as a joke, they will conceive that information has being real and it will underly their mindset which in turn cultivate prejudice amongst ppl. Simply because of the comments they see on NL of which the writer of the comment was likely not serious about in the first place, if u know what I mean.

Unfortunately, some ppl derive pleasure in causing commotion, confusion and disturbance while they sit on a corner and laugh but seriously, that is wicked. I really do not like it.
hmmmm that is very true!!!!
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Oluwatola5: Oh mine!!! Thanks dearie for the compliment. I must say i feel honoured to have you read my thread. Anyway, am not a poet. Am into petty writing, i love writing essays and i have some minor articles am yet to publish. I havent done any serious writing yet so i dont know if i am qualified to be termed one.
You're welcome. Your post, especially the tone of the writing sure deserves a read from all...

Meanwhile, we all have latent talents or will I say, natural gift that we most times don't discover or explore, and again, most times our greatness and success in life lies in those latent talents and natural gifts we fail to explore maybe out of ignorance or fear of failure, so give writing a full attention and see.

You can start with a blog and focus mainly on expressing your mood and feelings with things happening in and around your environment. Don't go into entertainment or celebrity blogging, just focus on personal writing.

Share it with your friends and schoolmates, plus family members for criticisms and nurturing, and take it from there.

I wish u the best and do be mindful of this place called nairaland...it is not always as friendly as it appear. All the best.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
I donot have an e-character but 90% of my posts reflects who i really am.

I don't realy comment on topics i am more of a viewer than a commentator or commenter(if there is a word like that).
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Oluwatola5(f): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
DailyNews: You're welcome. Your post, especially the tone of the writing sure deserves a read from all...

Meanwhile, we all have latent talents or will I say, natural gift that we most times don't discover or explore, and again, most times our greatness and success in life lies in those latent talents and natural gifts we fail to explore maybe out of ignorance or fear of failure, so give writing a full attention and see.

You can start with a blog and focus mainly on expressing your mood and feelings with things happening in and around your environment. Don't go into entertainment or celebrity blogging, just focus on personal writing.

Share it with your friends and schoolmates, plus family members for criticisms and nurturing, and take it from there.

I wish u the best and do be mindful of this place called nairaland...it is not always as friendly as it appear. All the best.
Hmm.... Thanks a lot for the advise. Indeed drinking from your pool of knowledge wouldnt be a bad idea
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Jman06(m): 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Well,i must confess that the way i sometimes attack people here on NL isn't d way i do in real life,infact i hardly hurt a fly.I'm a very reserved but business minded person.i also enjoy funny people.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by lirusehn(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hell no #real life. Am cool-headed,flawless and respectful

1 Like

Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by drdams: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
i am a very conscious person. Even on NL, I watch wot I post cos I think there is some wher out there that might suspect who I am.
I argue real lyf bt can pass tru d stress of typing long arguements on NL so, I mostly loose..
Am very blunt, so I am here..

My first comment on NL came after 5years of registering ( was jst too conscious den)
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lol.....

If it were, then I should be in an insane asylum... grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Oluwatola5(f): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Lol.....

If it were, then I should be in an insane asylum... grin
Lol.......boss of life, i am one of your fans here on Nairaland.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Not really except in the aspect of d 'e war' based on tribalism and religion.cuz the truth is that in real life I am not tribalistic at all. But nairaland is open to diff pple across the globe and not just Nigerians hence the defense I put up here.Suprisingly my best friend is yoruba!
I was born and raised in kano,have lots of muslim friends,educated and social ones who don't find this boko haram terror funny and I love them but malctunji and deols make me hate and insult them on nairaland which I don't do outside nl.
As for defending my catholic faith..lol *my friends call me a crusader cuz right from my mother's womb I always defend my faith*! smiley
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by chineloSA(f): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
Not sure how I am perceived on Nairaland

In real life I am a very strange combination
Mother hen
Peoples person ( have alot of acquaintances who call themselves friends from all walks of life )
But once someone gets attached I get scared and distance myself ( I hate attachments )
Understanding and non-judgemental and sympathetic
Aloof but interested in people shocked shocked shocked shocked ( very strange I know )
Composed
Peaceful and welcoming, warm face
Dont take crap
Independent thinker
Energetic and fun to be around ( always have fun ideas to bring people together )
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by rhowly(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Quiet reticent peace loving Nairalander...definitely not that in real life. Talkative extroverted and troublesome. I guess my attitude here is a consequence of my desire to reveal me to friends not strangers wink
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
No.mz mariah here is a bit different from maria assumpta in real life
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by FOREXMARTS: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
I am a mirror, I treat u like u treat me. I got no specific character jare. Naughty, formal, principled, blunt, strict, mischievous, very funny, unnecessarily annoying............ Sorry.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by ponana(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
I do not think people fake it on nairaland unlike other social media sites...IMO
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Jbravo58(m): 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
I know that nairaland is a place where most Nigerian like me "miss-yarn" coz it looks like the only friend they hav wit them when nobody to talk to, they just log in and start yarning and talking and splattering.... as they like.

Back to the question, my own replies are a little bit simillar to my characters in real.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Shaanteel(f): 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
HmM WEL WHat you see oN MY D.P z me..what i ryt xay and do oN niraland is me,am just me i c nO reasoN IN TRYN 2B hu ur nOT it make nO AbsoluTE SENCE whatxo eva..i'm me...as i always say lifE IS LYK A COIN you cn sPEND IT ANYway u chuz to bt u cn unli sPEND it wise dias nO beta u dan d You,you already are..#shåånt€€L#!!!
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Gudintent: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^^^^ undecided sad
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by OMA4U(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nairaland personality? Me, I don't know ooo. Why?
In real life, I don't understand my character because I'm a very complex being.
But I think I do things based on my mood. Chikena!
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by badmeat(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Huh!my personality on NL,I AM BAD,grin
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by ARareGem(f): 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
NL has the nicer version. undecided
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by MrRomantic1(m): 2:00am On Oct 27, 2013
well,a lil bit undecided
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Emeralddeee: 6:12am On Oct 27, 2013
I can't really tell if I have different personalities cuz in real life am not an introvert buh I could be calm collective, I love to listen to people's problems or gist and give advice if I can, but am not to keen on making friends and I don't insult, but if someone insults or bully me whether on nl or in real life I will retaliate and am blunt I ain't good at pretense. I think I have mixed personality it all depends on my environment and who am relating with.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by LadyH(f): 6:47am On Oct 27, 2013
bin followin nairaland as a guest for yrs nw. most people on here r fakes (living life just as they wish it could be in reality) n dis goes beyond nairaland. facebook too, twitter most especially. twitter....smh.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Deschil: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2013
I am pretty much the same. I can't even seem to help it.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by ogoplus: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes. My character here is same as my personality in real life.

I take it that a person's E-Character (here on NLD and other social media) is same as his/her character in real life......I may be wrong though
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2013
LadyH: bin followin nairaland as a guest for yrs nw. most people on here r fakes (living life just as they wish it could be in reality) n dis goes beyond nairaland. facebook too, twitter most especially. twitter....smh.
how u take pass jamb sef?you have not answered the question that the op asked you are busy saying something else but anyways i get ur point you are right!!!!grin'oya tell us about u

1 Like

Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by Originalsly: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2013
Hmmm.....mine is pretty much the same but toned down a lot when it comes to issues like those instigating tribalism and the ones who believe they are better than others.
Re: Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? by donodion(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2013
I am as i am here...gentle yet could become nasty.Its called dual identity in one.How you want me is as il present me.Oya say something....smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? / 11 World's Most Corrupt Police Forces / Do You Sleep In Public Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.