Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

>>one Last Minute....<< - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>one Last Minute....<< (20849 Views)

A Minute Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mehlena dan ran away o.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Asakel: Mehlena dan ran away o.
...lol i still dey hia o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghostie: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2013
Mehlena: ...lol i still dey hia o
So na zo cd take crack eh...
Children u can naw go home....cinema don end.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by ESIXLOVE: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
chei i suppose cm wit my cutlass....well mk i leave am for nw..
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
ESIXLOVE: chei i suppose cm wit my cutlass....well mk i leave am for nw..
cutlass. Hmmm
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
So sorry for the looong break...was trying to make a tough decision about whether to continue or nat, coupled with the fact dat i hav been busy, Anyway m back now.
#Easybuhfocus,odizeey and err1, thanks a lot i appreciate ur help. Update coming up shortly.
Thanks
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by chistar01(m): 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mehlena: So sorry for the looong break...was trying to make a tough decision about whether to continue or nat, coupled with the fact dat i hav been busy, Anyway m back now.
#Easybuhfocus,odizeey and err1, thanks a lot i appreciate ur help. Update coming up shortly.
Thanks
yay!! My two favourite NL female writters are back @Ruby and Mehlena. Patiently await new updates 4rm u guys.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
chistar01: yay!! My two favourite NL female writters are back @Ruby and Mehlena. Patiently await new updates 4rm u guys.
yay! Its chistar! Thanks a whole lot bro. You are doing a wonderful job yourself...weldone.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
#Waiting.........
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
d runaway writer is back.......yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!.....waiting patiently for d update
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Alex yawned and then groaned loudly as she massaged the nape of her neck. She adjusted her glasses and then stared confused at the scartered files and papers on the small table in her living room. It was a saturday morning,she had all day to herself besides she had stayed up all night working, she had switched off her phone the previous day because she wanted no distraction. She had to think and act fast, her boss wasnt a patient woman, she knew if she couldnt come up with a reasonable explanation, she could kiss her job goodbye or worst still her boss could press charges against her for embezzelment. Alex shivered at the thought of that "chai! Shey my own never finish so?" she murmured to herself biting her nails and sinking deeply in to the chair.
She needed someone to talk to. She stood up and walked to the dining table where her laptop was, sat down and went to her mails. She had three new mails, the first was from her dad. She clicked on it and read, he wanted to see her in his office, it sounded really urgent. Alex knew her parents had been fighting again, and her father probably wanted to report the matter. Rolling her eyes, she sighed unhappily. Her life was a total mess at the moment, and the last thing she needed was some family drama. she was about to lose her job if she wasnt careful, her friend was nowhere to be found not to even talk of Nosa. She was indeed going crazy and Alex felt quite sure that the greatest witch in her village was fanning herself with her picture.

Shaking her head vehemently, she ignored her dad's mail and clicked on the next, It was from Betty. Alex's eyes brightened as she read it. Betty fed her with the recent happenings and that, she also said she lost her phone in the process and was going to get a new one that morning, she however concluded that she was back home and was doing fine.
"finally! At least that's some good news" Alex sighed, and then frowned when her doorbell rang. She wondered who it might be as she walked towards the door.
She opened it and met a grinning Nathan.
Nathan was her 20year old cousin,the son of her father's brother. She hadnt seen him since his university matriculation, now he was in his second year. She stared at him in disbelief and then her gaze travelled down to his left hand, he was holding a big bag.
"yo cuz'Alex morning!"
"nathan! What a surprise. Come in na, how are you"
"am fine! I can see you are good" Nathan said still grinning. He dropped his bag and sank into a chair. Alex sat down and stared at her very handsome cousin, grinning widely she said,"you have grown so tall and chubby. Hmmmm your girl must be really taking good care of you in school"
Nathan simply scoffed"i dont have a girlfriend oo"
"i hear you o." Alex knew better than that. "So you didnt tell me you were coming"
"err your phone is switched off and my dad sent you a mail this morning"
Alex remembered she hadnt read the last mail.
"oh yeah thats true. So hows ma uncle and your mum nah"
"they are good joh, that house boring die" Nathan hissed "i just got back on thursday sef, one more minute in that house and i would be subjecting myself to eternal boredom". Chuckling,Alex replied,
"i can imagine, so how are you coping in school nah"
"very well o." Nathan sighed, "chai u dey enjoy o, see fine house." he added with eyes wandering around the living room.
Alex simply scoffed, she wished he knew better.
"hope you have games sha"
"sure nah, go to the guest room." she answered nodding towards a door
"perfect!!" Nathan exclaimed happily and picked up his bag and raced towards the door.
Smiling Alex sighed,"finally, some company" she said and then turned to face her work.
"chris and co fishries" Betty murmured to herself, disgust clearly written on her face.
"mttchw, so nah fisher man this guy be. Chai! E just fine for nothing" she said shaking her head before tearing the card chris had given her into peices. She was sitting on her bed in her room trying to decide what to wear when she saw the card. She hadnt seen chris since the day she was discharged,she had totally refused when he offered to follow her home to ensure she was safe, but she had thanked him, gave him her number and collected his card.
"the guy no dey fear sha.. Anyway i have other important things to do sef" she said to herself as she picked a short strapless beige dress. She had other objectives and she was not going to settle for less never! She told herself. 'Why should i bother myself with small fishes, when i can have an even bigger one.' she thought. Betty vowed to get what she wanted even if it meant trampling on others to do so.
"am just going to have a fun! Thats all"
With a smirk, Betty brushed her hair, applied make up and got dressed. She picked her clutch and car keys and made for her car. As she drove out of her compound, she racked her brain trying to remember Nosa's address.
TBC..

1 Like

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ghyft: d runaway writer is back.......yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!.....waiting patiently for d update
lmao! Runaway indeed
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mehlena: lmao! Runaway indeed
if given d opportunity tew mk a wish...my wish wil be tew turn a cockroach n crawl in2 mehlena's library tew read thru dat luvly buk 'one last minute'.....kip it up sis!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by MsSpaqs(f): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dear Betty what are u upto....Hmm
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
The sky seemed dark that afternoon Betty notice as she stepped out of her car "it might rain today" she said to herself then shrugged and stared at the magnificent black gate.
"yes am sure this is it" she muttered with a smile and knocked on the gate.
"yes? Can i help you?"
the security guard asked looking suspiciously at her from head to toe.
"umm is your oga at home?"
"wait make i go tell am say person they find am" he replied and made to leave but Betty quickly stopped him.
"no, don't bother. He is expecting me" she said flashing him a very charming smile. The guard quickly opened the gate wide enough for her to pass through. She thanked him and headed for the main door.
Nosa lived in a very beautiful,modern and magnificent duplex betty noticed nodding with approval.
'he sure has taste for good stuff. Lets see how true that is' she said to herself with a smile. Adjusting her dress, she knocked on the door.
After few hours of tedious work, Alex stepped out of her room and made for the kitchen.
A very sweet aroma coming from the kitchen rented the air. Alex didnt remember cooking anything. She opened the kitchen door and found Nathan cooking, she leaned closer and inhale deeply.
"hmmm, that smells great,"
"yep dont you know am the master cook. There is nothing i cant cook" Nathan bragged.
"hmm indeed. I must have some o" Alex grinning
"sure na"
Just then Alex's phone rang, it was Daniel. She picked up her phone. She was expecting to hear the usual sweet greetings,but his voice was cold,he didnt even bother to greet her.
"Alex, i just got a call from the boss. Am at the office now and things dont look so good" Daniel said angrily.
"whats going on, i dont understand" alex replied confused.
"look, just come to the office before things get out of hand" Daniel suggested impatiently.
"okay! Am on my way" she said before hanging up.
She told Nathan that she might not come on time so he should be comfortable. She then raced to her room to get dressed. She picked her bag and took one last look at the pot of rice Nathan was cooking and sighed in frustration. The only regret she had was that she didnt get to taste it, she thought biting her lower lip then hurried to her car.
Nosa groaned aloud as he stood up from his bed wondered who the person that has decided to interupt his nap was. He remembered he specifically told his guard not to let anyone in. "this had better be important" he sighed as he opened the door.
"Elizabeth? Hey come in"
"thank you" betty said grinning from ear to ear as she went in and sat down. His living room was beautifully furnished.
"so what's up now?, its been a long time. How have you been" Nosa asked sitting on the chair opposite hers.
"very fine. Hows your work coming up?" she asked still grinning
"awesome. Hows yours"
"very fine." she said and even though she knew better, she added. "so how is Alex doing? I havent heard from her in a long time" she said faking a serious look.
"i thought you both work together" Nosa said raising a brow.
"yeah thats true. Umm i have been ill so i have neither been going to work nor heard from her. But am better now."
Nosa simply nodded he was still trying to figure out why she choose to visit him of all people. As if Betty was reading his mind she said,
"i was just driving by the estate when i decided to drop by and say hi" smiling as she gestured with her hand.
Just then there was a clap of thunder and rain began to drizzle.
"perfect." she muttered. Nosa offered her a small bottle of wine and a glass then they chatted for a while about work.
She was getting more tipsy as drank more wine. She moved to the two-sitter chair Nosa sat beside him.
"so umm how is your relationship with Alex?"
"i really dont know we havent really been getting along well lately" he replied scratching his head.
"i understand she only cares about her work and nothing else." she said shrugging nonchalantly and then leaned closer to rest her head on his shoulder.
"has anyone ever told you how cute you are" she asked smiling placing her face close to his.
Nosa simply stared mesmerised and confused at her. He didnt know what she was up to but he must have to admit that she was damn sexy.
"i dont know what to say" he said
"you don't have to say anything. We dont have to talk at all."
Now he knew what she was offering, even before she tilted her head and kissed him.
TBC...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
*in dbanj's voice* finaly my anty don resume ...BTW welcom
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
Shey una don see am. woman - Woe unto man
No woman no cry
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 20, 2013
A sudden and powerful force sent Betty straight to the other end of the chair. She wasnt sure if it was the lightening that had struck her probably as God's sign of the punishment for her sins. It took her few seconds after she opened her eyes to realise that nosa had pushed her away from him.
She stood up and faced him,anger burning fiercely in her eyes.
"what was that for? Why are you pretending like you werent enjoying it?" Betty barked. He just made her feel ashamed and stupiid. she felt like giving him a hard slap.
Nosa stood and looked pitifully at her.
"elizabeth, I am sorry i cant do this with you. I really love Alex and i cant cheat on her." he said with a mixture of dissapointment and pity.
Betty's anger doubled
"you love her? Yet you treat her like that huh? Is that your own definition of love?" she barked clenching her fists trying hard to resist the urge to punched him in the face.
"What do you care? Arent you here for a different purpose? So now what? You are trying to make me feel like the bad guy here?" he shouted at her losing his temper.
"don't judge me nosa" betty replied raising a hand.
"i was only testing you anyway" she added defending her self.
"alex and i are good friends and i wouldn't hurt her"
Nosa simply scoffed and rolled his eyes. He had had enough experience with women to believe Betty's flimsy tale.
Betty continued "yes i wouldnt hurt her, at least i wasnt the one who forgot her birthday." she said standing akimbo staring at a stunned nosa.
Damn! He had forgotting his girlfriend's birthday. Oh no not again' he murmured to himself rubbing his palms on his face. He had always known that too much dedication to his job would oneday put him into some serious shii*.
He walked to the dining table to retrieve his phone that was charging and dialed Alex's number hoping to talk to her. He didnt even notice when Betty hissed, grabbed her purse and stormed out of the house.
Betty walked fast towards her car, she didnt mind that the rain was pouring heavily. She entered her car and bursted into tears.
Nathan sat in living room watching a movie on t.v after he had finished eating lunch. He was trying to decide which was more boring, his parent's house? Or Alex's house. Sighing he picked up his phone and dialed both of his girlfriends numbers. Although Nathan was a quiet guy, he was a typical definition of a playboy. He didnt have to do much work in getting the girls he wanted because they easily fell for his charm, gentle character, goodlooks and fat pocket. He had two girlfriends he was serious with. One was his school girlfriend- sarah and the other at home-Lola. He dialed sarah's number first, it was switched off. 'she is probably sleeping' he said shaking his head recalling how sarah loved to sleep. She could virtually sleep her life away, any time of day, any where as long as the place was comfortable.
He dialed lola's number next, she picked up and they gisted for a long time before he hung up. His knew that both his girlfriends loved him but he wasnt quite able to determine who he loved most between the two girls although he knew neither of them was the right one for him. He hadnt just met the right girl yet or she probably didnt exist.
After about an hour of watching, he decided to stroll out. He went to his room to change. He wore a long sleeve white shirt and a pair of black jean, and then he brushed his curly hair. He grabbed his ear piece and his phone and left the house. He stepped out unto the street and observed carefully. Lots of people were walking up and down the street chattering.
"chai fine fine babes full this place o!" he said smiling to himself. He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked towards the end of the street humming to the song he was listening to. That was when he spotted them. Two girls walking towards him gisting happily about only-God-knows-what. One was dark skinned, the other was a little fair. Nathan fixed his eyes on the fair one. She was tall and very pretty with a spotless skin. She had chubby cheeks, small pink lips and beautiful eyes behind long eye lashes. She wasnt wearing any makeup and her natural long hair was neatly parked into a pony tail. She wore a long pink gown that did very little in concealing every of her curve. Nathan stared mesmerised at her, he had been with a reasonable number of pretty girls but he had never seen any girl as beautiful as she was. He stopped walking and suddenly everything around him seemed to also stop moving.
TBC....
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2013
Now u are trying to bring in d chistar-like story line....
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by aprilwise(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Dis story is superb but am not getting enough of it. Plz kip up ur gud work
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2013
Ghyft: Now u are trying to bring in d chistar-like story line....
hmmm
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2013
april wise: Dis story is superb but am not getting enough of it. Plz kip up ur gud work
thanks a lot.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2013
The dark girl noticed Nathan first. She was shorter and curvier and also very beautiful. She suddenly changed her walking position by deliberatly swaying her hips. The fair girl seemed to notice her friend's weird steps and raised her eye brows at her.
"what is it? Why are you walking like that?" the fair girl asked her friend wondering whether her friend had suddenly developed a leg problem.
"do you see what i am seeing?" the dark girl asked nodding at Nathan who suddenly looked lost.
The fair girl looked up confused, she didnt seem to get her friend's excitement because all she saw was a normal dude walking on the street.

Nathan started moving fast towards them and greeted.
"hi girls. Whats up?"he said flashing them a very charming smile revealing white set of teeth.
The dark girl grinned back widely obviously mesmerised while the fair one simply folded her arms impatiently.
"hi, am clara and this is my friend chidera" the dark girl said pointing to her friend who stood a reasonable distance away from them.
"hi" chidera simply said uncomfortable at the fact that the guy kept on staring at her.
"oh. Nice to meet you ladies. Do you stay around here" Nathan asked with eyes still fixed on chidera.
Before her friend could say anything chidera replied.
"no we dont, we only came here to see someone. Now if you will excuse us, we have to get going" she said sending Nathan a disgusted look.
Clara started to protest but chidera drew her hand and started pulling her away.
"nice to meet you!"
clara said waving at nathan before they finally went away.
Stunned, nathan stared at them,
"what the hell! Can you imagine?!" he said angrily to no one in particular. He felt a serious urge to run after them and give that chidera of a girl a resounding slap that would render her permanently deaf.
"chai. Upon all ma packaging" he said checking out his outfit.
He hissed totally pissed, his ego obviously dented. No girl had ever been so rude to him. Ever!
Nathan turned swiftly and stormed back to the house. He knew he would forget the girl in no time, he had to. But no matter how hard he tried he couldnt get her off his mind, through out the night and the next few days....
On monday morning, Alex woke up very early, got dressed and left the house before Nathan woke up. She dropped some money and a note for him telling him to help her pay the PHCN bills, she scribbled the address on the note dropped it on the dining table before racing out to her car.
She switch it on but the darn thing refused to start.
"seriously? Come on!" She tried again several time before getting frustrated. She came out of the car and angrily slammed the car door shut. The stupid honda really needed some servicing.
Alex quickly dialed betty's number and told her told her to stop by her house on her way to work, she then sat outside to wait for betty.
The previous saturday's meeting didnt go too well. There had been a recent development, they had found out that part of the company's fund had been going into an anonymous account that they all found very difficult to trace. Her boss and daniel had been very furious but she had assured Daniel that she knew nothing about it and daniel had believed her and promised to help her with the issue. They had another board meeting that day.
Alex shook her head and clenched her fists.
"i swear if i find out who is doing this, i will..."she didnt complete the statement before Betty's car honked. Alex raced to the car and hopped in.
"thank God. Morning pretty how are you?" alex greeted.
Betty chuckled
"am fine o. how far?" she asked as she glided the car off Alex's street unto the main road taking a short cut to the company.
"not so good o" Alex sighed sadly narrating the discussion of the meeting to betty.
"don't worry. Everything will be fine. Just dont let that weigh you down" betty assured her.
"you are a smart girl na" she teased Alex who simply chuckled.
"thanks jare. Hmmm so what's up are you better now?" she asked betty glancing at her.
"yes oh i dey kampe."
betty replied as she drove in to the parking lot.
They both got out and headed straight for the elevator. Alex spotted Daniel at a distance and waved at him, he waved back while alex giggled.
"hmm you and this mr manager sha. I go love o" betty teased as they both stepped into the elevator.
"oh dont even go there sweety" alex replied smiling.
They got to Alex's office, stood outside the door to talk for a while. Betty's facial expression suddenly changed.
"alex there is something i have to tell you"
"what is it?"
"its about nosa" betty starte
d with a sober look. "what about him?" Alex asked with a frown.
Betty looked around them to make sure nobody was listening to them, then she said. "alex, i think Nosa is cheating on you"
Alex had to hold unto the doorknob to prevent her from collapsing.
TBC.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 11:02am On Nov 20, 2013
my anty wit d way tins dy happen ppl don dy forget your thread oo abeg try 2 update regularly i knw say e no easy bt abeg try.... tnx 4 d update anyway
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2013
m003: my anty wit d way tins dy happen ppl don dy forget your thread oo abeg try 2 update regularly i knw say e no easy bt abeg try.... tnx 4 d update anyway
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
m003: my anty wit d way tins dy happen ppl don dy forget your thread oo abeg try 2 update regularly i knw say e no easy bt abeg try.... tnx 4 d update anyway
thank you jare. I will always try my best. Gracias.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Melancholy(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Betty don't need this...mehlena gud job u doing
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by DEllaluv(f): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ds Betty sef,tufia
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Melancholy: Betty don't need this...mehlena gud job u doing
thanks bro
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Ds Betty sef,tufia
hmm lol
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by DEllaluv(f): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Mehlena: hmm lol

d tn vex me well well o,strtd wishn I cn gv dt betty sm spankn...

Ehee..Lena,update nau,plssssss
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 21, 2013
... "i think nosa is cheating on you" the words kept on echoing in Alex's brain as she struggled to prevent herself from falling.
Betty immediately grabbed her arm and helped her into the office to sit. She move to the water dispenser and gave Alex some water to drink to calm her down. When Alex had gathered enough strenght to talk, she said.
"i i i don't believe you. Nosa lo lo lo loves me" she stuttered staring at betty and then she continued
"look, i know nosa can be weird at times but he cant cheat on me. Never!" she said almost raising her voice.
Betty looked sympathetically at Alex.
"i doubt that alex. Look yesterday, on my way home from church, i passed through the road leading to nosa street. I saw nosa escorting a girl to the bustop, they were holding hands and laughing" she paused then continued.
"i stopped to watch them and i saw nosa kissing the girl briefly before she boarded a bus."
Alex gazed dumbfounded at betty, she couldnt believe what she just heard. She knew betty would never lie to her. She felt weak and her hands were visibly shaking. She couldnt risk uttering any word.
"am so sorry alex, i have always known you cant trust that Nosa of a guy"Betty said sympathetically, she placed both her hands on Alex's shoulder and hugged her.
Just then Aishat walked into the office holding some papers.
"hey elizabeth, some handsome guy named chris is here to see you" aishat said winking at Betty.
"morning Alexi, boss told me to give you these" aishat dropped some papers on alex's desk and walked out gracefully.
"you will be fine ok. Dont think too much. I will see you at lunch." betty said standing up. Alex simply nodded quietly. After betty had left, she picked up the papers aishat had dropped on her desk and without thinking or checking them, she tore them angrily into shreds.
Betty walked down the hall towards her office. "mission accomplished" she muttered to herself with a smile. Then she saw chris coming out from the receptionist's cubicle.
'urrgh, not this fisher man again" betty sighed with disdain. She looked around to make sure her boss wasnt somewhere watching. Then she walked up to him with a frown.
He greeted her first.
"hi elizabeth, we meet again"
"hi, what are you doing here?"
"i just came to check up on you. Since you have refused to give me a call or pick mine up." he said grinning at her.
"how do you know where i work?" she asked folding her arms across her chest looking up to his cute face.
"umm, i saw your i.d card remember?"he asked arching a brow he was getting fed up with her numerous questions.
Just then betty spotted her boss, daniel and two other men, coming out of the elevator discussing.
"follow me"she said quickly dragging chris towards her office.
Few hours later, Alex stepped out of her office and made for the canteen to have her lunch. The truth was, she had lost her appetite but she wasnt going to spend one more minute in her office working. She needed some air.
She walked towards the canteen and spotted betty and a familiar face coming out of the building discussing.
"chris?" alex said to herself her face suddenly lightened up.
She walked up to them. Betty saw her first, smiled and immediately said
"well chris, meet my friend and colleague........"
"alexandra" chris completed for her grinning at alex.
"you know each other?" betty asked her smile had suddenly vanished.
"yes, his firm supplies catfish and sea foods for my dad's hotel" Alex explained then turned to chris.
"its so nice to see you chris, so what are you doing here?"
"i actually came to see elizabeth" he replied still smilling, while alex raised a questioning brow at betty.
"he was the guy who helped me when i almost had an accident" betty explained.
"oh thats so nice of you chris, Very nice. So how's business?"
"very fine thank you. You know i......"chris and alex chatted away for sometime almost forgetting that betty was still there.
Betty folded her arms with annoyance as she looked from one person to the other. First it was daniel now chris? Hell no! Never gonna happan she told herself then politely interrupted the conversation.
"umm chris and i were about to go have lunch. We have business to talk about." she told alex then added. "alex dear, you would be fine dont thing too much ok?" she whispered holding alex's hand.
"sure. Thanks for telling me betty" she smiled as betty nodded and led chris to the canteen. Just then Alex received a text message from daniel.
"turn around" the text read.
She turned and saw daniel sitting at the company's garden waving at her. She waved back, smiled and slowly started walking towards him, she really needed his company at that moment.
TBC....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / Perfect For Us / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.