Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

>>one Last Minute....<< - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>one Last Minute....<< (20853 Views)

A Minute Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
Eazybuhfocuz: No keep us 4 suspense.....we await d continuation of ur intriguing prose work......proceed sharp sharp Prof Mehlena
prof ke? Lol. Update coming right up.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Kenexcel(m): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice work dear.....abeg make u continue oooo....
No worry i go sponsor d work.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
The remaining days of that week were uneventful but stressful. Alex made sure she never woke up or got to work late for the rest of that week, infact she practically slept everynight hugging her alarm clock to her chest.
It was a friday morning, a day every worker at Dee's and Bee's always looked forward to, because they knew after the day's work,they get to spend their weekends at home with their families away from the watchful eyes of 'the madam'. Alex sat in her office sniffing a bunch of flowers and grinning widly... Hmm so thoughtful of Nosa to send me flowers this morning. He is such a sweet guy . She said to herself, still smilling as she placed the flowers in a jar filled with water. Her relationship with Nosa had been rocky right from the start, Nosa never paid too much attention to her but she loved him anyway. He is a very busy man, she said consoling herself.
Then her mind wandered to handsome Daniel, she had been thinking too much of him lately and she didnt know why....she thought to herself sighing.
Daniel had been trying to engage her in small talks at office,but she always managed to escape from starting a conversation with him or getting too familiar with him. He looks dangerous Alex told herself, you need to get yourself together and stop thinking about him besides, you know nothing about him she warned herself. Just then Alex thought about Betty they hadnt been able to have any real gist together because of their work... Alex wanted to hear about her progress with Daniel.....because betty had really been dressing provocably this past fews days, wearing very tight trousers and paying extra attention to her make up. Alex needed to speak to her, sighing she reached for her blackberry and pingd betty asking where she was.
Betty sighted him at the far end of the hall as she was on her way to Alex's office. He was talking to one of the sales reps, giving the fellow some instructions. Adjusting her shirt, she walked up to him.."hi Daniel" she said flashing him a lovely smile.
"hi miss phillips, good morning" he said casually
"oh stop with the miss whatever, i have told you to just call me Elizabeth". She said playfully slapping his shoulder.
Bemused Daniel said, " ok Elizabeth how are you this morning?"
"i am fine thanks. How are you?"
"i am good. I am just coming in so i have to head to the office right now. See you later Elizabeth" he said as he strode past her towards his office.
Betty watched as he left. What is wrong with him? He hadly acknowledges me, or am i not pretty enough to be noticed.. Betty asked noone i particular and sadly moved towards Alex's office.
#to be continued...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ken excel: Nice work dear.....abeg make u continue oooo....
No worry i go sponsor d work.
lol thanks
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
Betty maga she cant device smart means to woo men
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Aarh.aarhn!
U guys are wicked o.
So cinema open una nor fit call home boy like me.
Tis nat gud. God is watching in HD.
Ehn! Odizeey...ur head was dia jawe. If nor be u...how person go knw sey future writer dey our midst.
Mehlena....e be like sey we go collabo o.
Lols! Nice wan babe.
*continues...reading with goggles*
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Asakel: Aarh.aarhn!
U guys are wicked o.
Ehn! Odizeey...ur head was dia jawe. If nor be u...how person go knw sey future writer dey our midst.
Lols! Nice wan babe.
LWKMDead u too funny, thanks tho. I apprc8
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by IamSylva(m): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
I c a new SUZANNE COLLINS arising.. Weldone mehlena
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by IamSylva(m): 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Asakel: Aarh.aarhn!
U guys are wicked o.
Lols! Nice wan babe.
dnt mind dem jawe.. Mehlena just told me on 2go a few moments ago.. I be wan cum call u sefgrin

Aunty mehlena.. U must gimme sumtin oo.. I'm the first to comment on ur story and c hw my goodluck has brought viewers cool
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva: dnt mind dem jawe.. Mehlena just told me on 2go a few moments ago.. I be wan cum call u sefgrin

Aunty mehlena.. U must gimme sumtin oo.. I'm the first to comment on ur story and c hw my goodluck has brought viewers cool
lol sure na no prbz..wetin you want? Shey make i give you Betty? Or Alex?
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mehlena: lol sure na no prbz..wetin you want? Shey make i give you Betty? Or Alex?
gud story line.....giving sylva betty o alex....dat wil be interesting, introduce a new character, sylva(hope e iz handsome, if e iz, betty go lyk am die n 4get daniel)......*winkz*
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Eazybuhfocuz: gud story line.....giving sylva betty o alex....dat wil be interesting, introduce a new character, sylva(hope e iz handsome, if e iz, betty go lyk am die n 4get daniel)......*winkz*
sylva na swagless boy,na d ceo go like am
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: sylva na swagless boy,na d ceo go like am
hehehe:-D.....sylva ngbo.....d ceo no tew bad sha......ah no fit laff
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
WoW!
Nice prose fiction Mehlena.
And me z loving da "omniscient point ov view"
#le kudoz.
#next chapter o.
If Betty no c Daniel catch...add me abeg. Ah go gri 4 am.
Lol!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wow! You're a good writer. Keep it up. You should also try as much as possible to proof read as I noted some grammatical errors here and There. *In Joke Silva's Voice* WELDONE cheesy.
*Grabs Popcorn and Alomo* Let the show Begin cool
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dis una in dis one voice in dat one voice dey vex me,n dis one again,*grabs beans n bread etc still dey vex me too,dis no b d section for dat abeg
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by chistar01(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice work Lena *following*
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
"Yo! Whats up?" Alex asked as Betty entered her office and then she noticed Betty's gloomy look.
"what is it? Who died?"
"nobody jare am a little tired that's all" Betty said as she sank into a chair"
"tired? This early morning?" alex asked with a raised eyebrow "abeg tell me a better lie whatsup?"
"is it ur mum again?" Betty mum had been pressurizing her to bring a decent man home. Being the eldest of 5 children, Betty's parents wanted Betty to settle down and bare them grandchildren but things arent always that easy. Betty came from an average but respectable family..her dad was a retired soldier and her mum was a teacher.
"no its not my mum"
"then what is it?" alex asked getting up from her chair and sitting on the edge of her desk.
"what's up with that Daniel guy sef? I have tried everything i can to get him to notice me, all to no avail" betty lamented bitterly. She had never gone through so much trouble getting men's attention before
" its probably because you are trying too hard." alex said choosing her words carefully, she wouldnt want to add to her friend's grief.
"just calm down a little or you might just scare him away"
shaking her head and biting her lower lip, Betty said"you are probably right, although i am suspecting him. It is either he is gay or he is interested in someone else."
Alex frowned at betty's last comment. I just hope its nt me o, she thought to herself as she sat back on her seat.
"calm down Elizabeth, you will be fine" calling betty's full name for the first time in a long time.
"tanks jare"
"Wait o betty i thought 'the madam' told you yesterday to report to her office this morning"
"oh my God thats true o!" she exclaimed jumping up immediatly like a hungry predator who just found a prey.
She waved at alex and made for the door"see ya later girlfriend!". The door opened before she got to it and Daniel stepped in.
"hey Elizabeth, boss needs ya Asap" he said as he walked past her towards Alex. Betty neither uttered a word nor moved, she just stared wide eyed at Daniel.
"morning Alexandra" he greeted smilling at a confused Alex who was asking herself when they started addressing each other on a first name basis.
He sat down and scanned her office, nodding at the bunch of flowers at a corner, he said grinning "oh you got my flowers"...
#to be continued...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
chistar01: Nice work Lena *following*
so na here sochistar hide??i've bin waiting for u like forever...oya run go update nw
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
chistar01: Nice work Lena *following*
woah ma oga at the top i see ya.. Tanks and oh i am waiting for your update o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: Dis una in dis one voice in dat one voice dey vex me,n dis one again,*grabs beans n bread etc still dey vex me too,dis no b d section for dat abeg
bros relax let us speak in any voice we like while grabbing anytin GRAB-ABLe...anytin for dis superb story
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by chistar01(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ghyft: so na here sochistar hide??i've bin waiting for u like forever...oya run go update nw
lol.. I'm just trying to keep my self busy as I wait 4 my turn at "you know where" .

@Lena, loved this last updat, the twist is top notch smiley.. Keep on flowing
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dat daniel sef no dey pray? He for see say betty dey like ma,d tyn deypain me
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
chistar01: lol.. I'm just trying to keep my self busy as I wait 4 my turn at "you know where" .

dnt tell me u're still waiting? Its almost 5p.m nd more dan 8hrs.....hmmmm...sha use d opportunity take update na
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ghyft: dnt tell me u're still waiting? Its almost 5p.m nd more dan 8hrs.....hmmmm...sha use d opportunity take update na
wat is he updating na
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: Wow! You're a good writer. Keep it up. You should also try as much as possible to proof read as I noted some grammatical errors here and There. *In Joke Silva's Voice* WELDONE cheesy.
tanks a lot sis would work on my mistakes. Kip fllwn
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: Dat daniel sef no dey pray? He for see say betty dey like ma,d tyn deypain me
na the one wey he like dey hin eyes.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: wat is he updating na
his own story...d link is on his signature nd i swear down dat story is fabulous
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: Wow! You're a good writer. Keep it up. You should also try as much as possible to proof read as I noted some grammatical errors here and There. *In Joke Silva's Voice* WELDONE cheesy.
doc-miss,wat a combi Pop corn and ALomO.....SMH
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
chistar01: lol.. I'm just trying to keep my self busy as I wait 4 my turn at "you know where" .

gracias bro
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ghyft: doc-miss,wat a combi Pop corn and ALomO.....SMH
lol dats true o. Doc miss hwfa? Which be pop corn and alomo again?
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Asakel: WoW!
Nice prose fiction Mehlena.
And me z loving da "omniscient point ov view"
#le kudoz.
#next chapter o.
If Betty no c Daniel catch...add me abeg. Ah go gri 4 am.
Lol!
lol tanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / Perfect For Us / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.