Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

>>one Last Minute....<< - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>one Last Minute....<< (20852 Views)

A Minute Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ghostie:
Tell ur totz shez wong.
Tiz ma 1zt time tokin to a ladty.
Hiiz.....Gazper.
Dnt telme ur namez ah zee it awedy. Ur namez "Ghyvt"
ghostie Asakel......nice name sha
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alex sat on her bed on monday morning with her laptop on her lap. She had already received a lot of calls and text messages and gifts from families and friends that morning but she hadnt received any call or text message from Nosa. She knew he was planning something nice for her birthday and she also wanted to make their date special. She picked her phone and dialed Bobby's number. Bobby was both Alex and betty's close friend,they graduated from the same university. He owned 'L.carters' a very unique and chic resturant in V.I which was always bubbling day and night with customers.
"hey bobby?"
"hi Lexi? Watsup now? Happy birthday! Was about to call you just now sef" only Bobby called her 'lexi' because he felt the name suited her perfectly.
"tanks Bobby, its been a while. How have you been and how's the resturant coming up?"
"very fine o,we thank God. How are we spending your birthday na? You should come around sometime lexi" he suggested.
"yeah well i was actually calling to make reservations for 2o'clock for two people would that be possible"she inquiried
"woah a reservation for me and the beautiful Lexi, so awesome!" bobby teased as Alex chuckled
"very funny bobby"
"request granted Lexi! I really want to see the lucky guy that has succeded in stealing your heart" he said smiling as Alex chuckled again.
"thanks a lot Bob"
"no problem, and happy birthday once again lexi"
"thanks bud, see ya at 2" alex said and hung up.
Hmmm a lady calling to make reservation for her and her boyfriend on her birthday? How odd or maybe romantic.. Bobby thought to himself shrugging. At least he would get to see her again after such a long time. Smiling, he dropped his phone and turned to face his business.

Alex stood up from the bed and raced to her wardrobe and stood akimbo in front of it, trying to decide what to wear. She picked a beautiful pink dress and placed it on her bed. Just then her phone rang, it was Nosa..
"hey babe watsup?" alex blurted grin sheepishly
"am good, umm Alex, sorry we cant hang out today, i have an impromptu meeting with the chairman at Abuja very early tomorrow, so i have to leave today"
"but what about today? Dont you have any plans for us?"
"we can make plans during the weekend Alex"
"but dont you know what today is?"
"yeah independence day" Nosa replied bemused
Alex stared at the name on the phone to be really sure she was speaking with the right person then she replied.
"okay Nosa, have a safe flight"
"alright then, will call you later" he said then hung up.
Impossible, how can he forget my birthday?, has it gotten to this? Alex asked noone in particular.
Just then her door rang, Alex face brightened, "oh so Nosa was just trying to prank me huh?" she said giggling as she raced to get the door. Alex gasped with wide eyes as she opened the door and saw someone holding a very big box....
"Happy birthday Alexandra"
#to be continued...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by IKJ1000000(m): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Adex097:
*sits next to his boss with a jar of cuban_coffee on standby*

Nice one @mehlena
#Following grin
*comfortably sitting on z SUV*Gud one mehlena,i dy folowfolow o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
I don hate nosa now,Daniel abeg toast dis girl well for me joor,na wetyn I dey tlk b dis,gals wen lyk money,at d end una go c say na love mata pass
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
odizeey: I don hate nosa now,Daniel abeg toast dis girl well for me joor,na wetyn I dey tlk b dis,gals wen lyk money,at d end una go c say na love mata pass
shuuuu? Lol....U dey provoke o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
IKJ1000000:
*comfortably sitting on z SUV*Gud one mehlena,i dy folowfolow o
tank a lot bro.. Keep follwn
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by IKJ1000000(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mehlena: #continuation...
The next day, Alex sat on the sofa in her living room, with a bowl of popcorn in her hand watching her favourite soap opera, she lived in a self contain apartment at Victoria island, Lagos. Alex had left work late the day before because she didnt want to burdened with extra work next week tuesday, monday was a public holiday- 1st of october, and luckily for her it was also her birthday.

Daniel had left her office on friday morning, when she told him she had a boyfriend
"he is a lucky guy" he had said before leaving. A little relieved Alex had thought he would back off after that, but he offered to drive her to her apartment after work because her car had been faulty lately an offer she reluctantly accepted.
Sighing she stuffed a hand full of pop corn into her mouth, Betty had called her early that morning sounding very happy, she told Alex she was coming to her apartment because she wanted them to have lunch together and plan for Alex's birthday. Alex felt relieved that Betty was neither mad at her nor suspicious of anything, her friend's happiness meant a lot to her. She thought of what to do that morning, then her mind went to Nosa, he hadnt called her for days or visited her for close to 3weeks.. She reached for her for phone and dialed his number..
"hello...hey babe whats up?"
"hi, am good. how are you doing?" Nosa asked. He was a 29 year old rich guy, handsome and classy. He worked for an oil company and lived at Ikoyi Lagos.
" am fine, i have missed you" she said
"me too"
he cant even apologise for not calling me sef she said to herself.
"where are you now?
"i am work" he answered.
"on a saturday?"
"yeah i dont want to leave any work undone till tuesday any problem?"
"no i just thought we could hang out today...its been a while you know"
"i would have loved to but i gat to work, maybe on monday we could work something out"
"okay, sure" Alex feeling dejected
"alright then, will call you later bye" he said and then hung up
I dont even get this guy anymore sef, she said to herself frowning... Shrugging she picked up her bowl of popcorn and stuffed some in her mouth. Just then her door bell rang, 'hmm this one that Betty is here so early i hope she brought breakfast o' smiling, she said to herself as she walked to her door and then she opened it only to see the last person she expected to visit her....
#to be continued...
desperate daniel
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Interesting.........diz iz wonderful prof...........*gbosa gbosa 4 my sharp guy daniel*
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nosa 4get her birthday?
Jesus iz Lord o.
If dat person nah be Daniel or her landlord eh...me nah read again.
Wait o....landlord knw im tenants birthday?
Lol!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Must be Betty
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by MsSpaqs(f): 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hmm...Nice story but u dnt have 2 begin ur story with # continuation,am sure evryone reading the story knws it is.It's just an opinion tho do watever suits you best.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Hmm...Nice story but u dnt have 2 begin ur story with # continuation,am sure evryone reading the story knws it is.It's just an opinion tho do watever suits you best.
I will beat u o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
odizeey: I will beat u o
Abeg beat am.
If u nid sledgy lemme know.
Lol!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by chistar01(m): 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mehls, nice update. Try and compile your posts before updating. The posts are too short individually, compilng them makes your work look more organised, professional and easy to read... Also, work more on your spacing, its fair but I think it can be better... Just a thought.

PEACe
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
Asakel:
Abeg beat am.
Lol!
bring am mk I break d head
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Mickey7(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Asakel:
Abeg beat am.
Lol!
shut it! U too Odizeey tongue
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
"happy birthday Alexandra" Daniel said grinning as he entered and dropped the box on the table.
"wow Daniel! Thank you" Alex was still surprised "how do you know where i live?"
"do u really want me to bore you about how i got to know?"he asked raising a brow. "can i sit?"
"ofcourse please sit"
she gazed at him. That was the first time she would see him without wearing a suit. He wore a pair of sneakers, jeans and a white shirt. He was cleanly shaven and looked more handsome...she noticed she had been staring and quickly looked away when his eyes met hers.
"Alex! You horrible!" he said trying to portray a disgusted look.
"really?" she remembered that she wasnt wearing any makeup and was wearing just a t-shirt and shorts.
"oh! I look like frankenstein right?" she said, her cheeks flushed, as she watched him roared uncontrolably with laughter on the sofa holding his stomach..
After managing to get himself together, he said stil grinning
"nah... am just kidding,You look very beautiful"
"thank you" her cheeks flushed with embarrasment. She felt comfortable, she always did when she was with him.
"so where is your boyfriend" he said scanning every corner of her room with his eyes "abeg i no fit fight o, tell me now so that i can find my square root" he teased, he had no intention of leaving, boyfriend or no boyfriend.
"he is not here joh.." she said giggling
"what's in the big box"she asked nodding at the box on the table
"well lets find out" he said and leaned towards the table taking the cover off revealing a very big beautiful pink, blue and white two-step cake decorated with bits of rose flowers.
"woah! So beautiful" Alex gasped as she gazed wide eyed at the cake.
"you like it?"
"what!? I love it! Thanks Daniel"
"i have never gotten any gift like this before" she blurted before realising what she said.
"your boyfriend never got you one before" he said, that was more like a statement than a question.
"he is a busy man" she said sadly
"but are you happy Alex? He wont be here today right?" Alex didnt reply, she simply shook her head and looked away biting her lip.
"hey! Why dont we go somewhere and just have fun. You cant spend this wonderful day locked up here" he suggested
"that would be cool" she said smilling
"do you have any place in mind? Its your day just name your favourite place and we are off" he said snapping his fingers. "yeah i think i do. Let me go and change" she answered chuckling carrying the cake to her fridge.
"wait before you go, let me sing you a birthday song"he offered grinning and started singing.
Now i was her turn to laugh, he might be perfect and all,but he had a terrible voice.

Alex had never laughed so hard in such a long time, Daniel is really something she thought to herself as she made her way to her bedroom to change.
Betty walked briskly into the ever busy resturant, she looked very smart and elegant in her black dress and a black purse. She reached the counter and greeted one of employees,"hi, how are you. Is your manager in?"
"no, he just stepped out he would be back soon. Would you like to leave a message"
"no thanks, i would be back" she said and walked away.
As she stepped into her car, she spotted Daniel and Alex walking into the resturant giggling. Betty simple shook her head,narrowed her eyes and bit her lip. Although Alex was her bestfriend,she felt Alex was playing games. 'but she doesnt know am a professional in games playing" betty said to herself and then drove off. TBC...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
chistar01: Mehls, nice update. Try and compile your posts before updating. The posts are too short individually, compilng them makes your work look more organised, professional and easy to read... Also, work more on your spacing, its fair but I think it can be better... Just a thought.

PEACe
got it! Tanks a lot chistar
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Hmm...Nice story but u dnt have 2 begin ur story with # continuation,am sure evryone reading the story knws it is.It's just an opinion tho do watever suits you best.
noted. Tank u.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Mickey7(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
chistar01: Mehls, nice update. Try and compile your posts before updating. The posts are too short individually, compilng them makes your work look more organised, professional and easy to read... Also, work more on your spacing, its fair but I think it can be better... Just a thought.

PEACe
I dnt think I agree with you.not everyone luvs to read lengthy posts...I think the length is ok.it makes it very easy to follow.besides u dnt want her to bore odizeey with long posts,do u? ...
Thumbs up Mehlena.you started the story like a pro. the dialogues relates well to the(nigerian) setting..overall,nice one
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: I dnt think I agree with you.not everyone luvs to read lengthy posts...I think the length is ok.it makes it very easy to follow.besides u dnt want her to bore odizeey with long posts,do u? ...
Thumbs up Mehlena.you started the story like a pro. the dialogues relates well to the(nigerian) setting..overall,nice one
lol. I sight ya jawe. thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Chai Alex don enta o
Dis one na nollywood o,genevieve n omotola
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: I dnt think I agree with you.not everyone luvs to read lengthy posts...I think the length is ok.it makes it very easy to follow.besides u dnt want her to bore odizeey with long posts,do u? ...
Mickey u r ryt,d guy want mk mhelena story quick finish so him market go move.hahaha
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Mickey7(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
odizeey: Mickey u r ryt,d guy want mk mhelena story quick finish so him market go move.hahaha
kai..u too funny
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by IKJ1000000(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
more update pls
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Melancholy(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hmm...i pray it ends well btw this good friends
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
odizeey: Mickey u r ryt,d guy want mk mhelena story quick finish so him market go move.hahaha
i no dey there o...am sure he means well.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mehlena: i no dey there o...am sure he means well.
u dey dere o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
odizeey: Chai Alex don enta o
Dis one na nollywood o,genevieve n omotola
lolz
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mickey7: shut it! U too Odizeey tongue
U will shut it.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by sconp: 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fflwn
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Asakel(m): 7:10am On Oct 26, 2013
Hmmmph!
Ah jez read da last piece now....and i'm SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / Perfect For Us / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.