Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (356673 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2015
Drgreatone:

Didn't see ur reply,It said I cudnt pm u directly unless I sent that first which was why I did,not seen any reply.guess I need help learning ow to pm ppl on NL

Lhtjtm.
Re: Club-Lexus by Drgreatone: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2015
Thanks,mail sent
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
Drgreatone:

Thanks,mail sent
I've sent the rely. Pls re edit my email address you copied so that spammers won't disturb me
Re: Club-Lexus by Realone018(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello Lexus users. I am driving a Lexus ES300 2003 model. I acquired like 2 months ago, I changed the front brake pads few days after driving it. Everything was fine then. Few weeks later, I noticed some changes when pressing the brake. I went to Elegun's shop (my mechanic). He checked the brake pads, said everything was fine with the brake pads but something might be wrong. He built the four brake pads, after few hours it worked perfectly and few days back to normal. I had to change the back brake pads and rebuild them again and still facing the same problem. Can anybody please help me out?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
Realone018:
Hello Lexus users. I am driving a Lexus ES300 2003 model. I acquired like 2 months ago, I changed the front brake pads few days after driving it. Everything was fine then. Few weeks later, I noticed some changes when pressing the brake. I went to Elegun's shop (my mechanic). He checked the brake pads, said everything was fine with the brake pads but something might be wrong. He built the four brake pads, after few hours it worked perfectly and few days back to normal. I had to change the back brake pads and rebuild them again and still facing the same problem. Can anybody please help me out?
Do they build any brake pads in Naija?
Will you save yourself the stress and extra expenses and save the car the stress and quicker wear out of parts by replacing defective brake pads with a good new one?
Re: Club-Lexus by Amantuegbe: 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
Dear lexus users, i am having challenge with my gearbox. I recently replaced the gearbox of my Lexus Rx350, 2007 model, but on driving home from the mechanic workshop i realised that the vehicle wasn't moving freely. I tried forcing it to accelerate, but it was moving too slowly. After awhile it stopped moving, so i stepped out to check what was the problem and realised that the gearbox was leaking profusely. The entire ATF (Type IV) was on the ground. I was later informed that the gearbox was bad and would require a replacement. I took it back to the gearbox seller and i was required to add additional money for a replacement. After the replacement the seller insisted that they would prefer their expert to work on it or else they will not be liable for another damage to the gearbox. I agreed and allowed their mechanic to come-around and fix the gearbox. After fixing, we then tried to test the vehicle, i realised that after driving for about 5 minutes, i was having difficulty in accelerating so i sensed that the gearbox was still having a similar problem as earlier. I informed the mechanic and parked the car immediately. We realised that the gearbox was graduallly leaking, the mechanic decided to apply four (4) minutes glue to stop the leakage. Thereafter we tried driving it, but it was still moving slowly. We stopped again and checked, it was still leaking but not that serious, just drops. We checked the gauge and it was ok. So he informed me that the gearbox requires another replacement. The mechanic later left, and i tried taking it home, but it finally stopped moving along the way except for the reverse. I managed to drive home with the reverse in the night. The reverse is perfectly working. But the drives only work when the car engines cools down. That is it works for like 5-7 minutes, then it stops working. I will like to know what is the problem, is it a faulty gearbox or wrong fixing of the gearbox? Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Amantuegbe:
Dear lexus users, i am having challenge with my gearbox. I recently replaced the gearbox of my Lexus Rx350, 2007 model, but on driving home from the mechanic workshop i realised that the vehicle wasn't moving freely. I tried forcing it to accelerate, but it was moving too slowly. After awhile it stopped moving, so i stepped out to check what was the problem and realised that the gearbox was leaking profusely. The entire ATF (Type IV) was on the ground. I was later informed that the gearbox was bad and would require a replacement. I took it back to the gearbox seller and i was required to add additional money for a replacement. After the replacement the seller insisted that they would prefer their expert to work on it or else they will not be liable for another damage to the gearbox. I agreed and allowed their mechanic to come-around and fix the gearbox. After fixing, we then tried to test the vehicle, i realised that after driving for about 5 minutes, i was having difficulty in accelerating so i sensed that the gearbox was still having a similar problem as earlier. I informed the mechanic and parked the car immediately. We realised that the gearbox was graduallly leaking, the mechanic decided to apply four (4) minutes glue to stop the leakage. Thereafter we tried driving it, but it was still moving slowly. We stopped again and checked, it was still leaking but not that serious, just drops. We checked the gauge and it was ok. So he informed me that the gearbox requires another replacement. The mechanic later left, and i tried taking it home, but it finally stopped moving along the way except for the reverse. I managed to drive home with the reverse in the night. The reverse is perfectly working. But the drives only work when the car engines cools down. That is it works for like 5-7 minutes, then it stops working. I will like to know what is the problem, is it a faulty gearbox or wrong fixing of the gearbox? Thanks.

1. Who use a Toyota ATF Type T-IV on an 350 when the recommended ATF is type WS?
Well, call or send a whatsapp message to Lomomike 07034581213 ASAP. He'll help out.
Re: Club-Lexus by Amantuegbe: 12:47am On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks Bro. I will do that.
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
Let me share this, though I do not know what it means (if it means anything at all)

I noticed of recent when I turn off my ignition and remove my key, there is this sharp beep sound. But not a full beep just the beginning of a beep and it is suddenly cut off.

I may just be overreacting for Notting or does this indicated something?

2004 Lexus 330 awd.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
kakameks:
Let me share this, though I do not know what it means (if it means anything at all)

I noticed of recent when I turn off my ignition and remove my key, there is this sharp beep sound. But not a full beep just the beginning of a beep and it is suddenly cut off.

I may just be overreacting for Notting or does this indicated something?

2004 Lexus 330 awd.
Does it sound like the door minder sound, headlamp sound or what?
Re: Club-Lexus by basisop(m): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2015
Please the brake of my RX300 failed on Tuesday, my mechanic changed the master, I drove it for 30minutes, it failed again. On both incidents I hit cars on the road.

The ABS light is on the dashboard. Please how do I fix this issue. Any good mechanic in PH?
Re: Club-Lexus by autotrader2: 11:56am On Sep 24, 2015
basisop:
Please the brake of my RX300 failed on Tuesday, my mechanic changed the master, I drove it for 30minutes, it failed again. On both incidents I hit cars on the road.

The ABS light is on the dashboard. Please how do I fix this issue. Any good mechanic in PH?

Call Kofi 08035403609
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
basisop:

In a week 2 accidents? Na wa o!!!!! Help required ASAP
Re: Club-Lexus by basisop(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
autotrader2:

Call Kofi 08035403609

Thank you
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Going through all the post and analysis from siena i must say you are a genius. I wish meeting you one on one some day. Pls which city are you based @ siena and lokomike??
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
jesussaves22:
Going through all the post and analysis from siena i must say you are a genius. I wish meeting you one on one some day. Pls which city are you based @ siena and lokomike??
Siena is based in London, Lomomike is based in Abuja, here's his number: 07034581213.
Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
kingreign:

Siena is based in London, Lomomike is based in Abuja, here's his number: 07034581213.
Thanks kingreign . You are a genius too. Will like to communicate with you and probably meet you. Drop ur contacts
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
jesussaves22:
Thanks kingreign . You are a genius too. Will like to communicate with you and probably meet you. Drop ur contacts
Kingreign's contact is 07034581213, Abuja based.
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Realone018:

Original brake pads for your vehicle are between 12-18k
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
Amantuegbe:

When that gear gets bad fixing it is not an easy task. If you search for kashif on cartalk he might sell you a tested gearbox
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
basisop:

Digital Carsolutions Ltd. 36 Eze Gbakagbaka Avenue Woji off Woji Elelenwo road by Chelsea filling station.

Call chuks 07017081067

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by jesussaves22: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
kingreign:

Kingreign's contact is 07034581213, Abuja based.
Ok thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by princejones(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
jesussaves22:
Ok thanks
check the contacts kingreign gave you as his number and lomomike if they are not the same number
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
princejones:
check the contacts kingreign gave you as his number and lomomike if they are not the same number
lipsrsealed
Re: Club-Lexus by lungwun(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
Kingreign = Lomomike
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Hi you remember my post on p03xx ignition Coil fault and engine misfire, just happy to tell all that we have successfully resolved the issues. Had been ignition Coil pack 2b,4d and 6f errors. We changed all the coil and my RX 07 bounce back better and sweeter. No more vibration, Thanks all.
Car scanner is really good.
Please some should help me and explain this symbol on my dash board I don't know what it means. Please help
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Image refused to upload. I don't know why but for sure I have a very good network. Any thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by maballack(m): 10:10am On Oct 02, 2015
what does the symbol look like.....Exclamation mark in a bowl like bracket?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2015
maballack:
what does the symbol look like.....Exclamation mark in a bowl like bracket?

Tyre Pressure Monitor System.

Re: Club-Lexus by maballack(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
yea know that just wanted to confirm if thats what he meant ......
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
maballack:
yea know that just wanted to confirm if thats what he meant ......
Yea
Re: Club-Lexus by Kashif(m): 5:45am On Oct 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

When that gear gets bad fixing it is not an easy task. If you search for kashif on cartalk he might sell you a tested gearbox

His vehicle is fitted with U660. The one I have on the bench is a U151.....

I really feel for him. Imagine the pain and all the spend. sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.