Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353041 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 3:14am On Aug 01, 2014
lomomike:
I'm glad you know the specified oil. If you stay within Nigeria, you can check online and order it if you're in Europe, Asia or the Americas, then you can easily get the oil. Once again, you're welcome.

I appreciate your prompt response.
I stay within Nigeria, Kaduna to be precise. Not used to online purchases. What alternatives do I have?
Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2014
mdenigma:

I appreciate your prompt response.
I stay within Nigeria, Kaduna to be precise. Not used to online purchases. What alternatives do I have?
Thanks

Check konga.com
Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2014
lomomike:

Check konga.com

Roger that.
I discovered the transmission is sealed so one can't check to know if its due for a change. It shifts seamlessly in motion but I don't wanna take chances since I got it @ 160k miles. Any thoughts on how to go about this will be appreciated.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2014
mdenigma:

Roger that.
I discovered the transmission is sealed so one can't check to know if its due for a change. It shifts seamlessly in motion but I don't wanna take chances since I got it @ 160k miles. Any thoughts on how to go about this will be appreciated.

If its sealed, leave it at that, you don't wish to bear pains from mechanics in Nigeria. However, check/download your maintenance schedule booklet/guide and see when its due for change but still refer to your owner's manual for specific type of ATF.

Check the service stickers and booklets to find out if yours has been serviced and what mileage it was serviced.
I was glad to see my RX330 was comprehensively serviced by lexus of watertown prior to shipment. The ATF, engine oil, Diff oil, coolant, and the serpentine belt was changed by them and I saw it in their service.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Guys, what are your thoughts on changing timing belt and tensioner?
Got my ES330 at 118k and currently at 120k. . . . .I am not sure what it says as to when to change it.
But this is one preventive maintenance i am conscious of.

Also, my check engine has gone from emission system below threshold to P2214, something about the 02 sensor current being high.
I am so sure this is a sensor issue.

What are your thoughts? Before now, i had an emission below threshold code, small fuel vapour leak code. Now after clearing these codes twice, it is now the 2214 above that keeps coming up.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Emperoh: Guys, what are your thoughts on changing timing belt and tensioner?
Got my ES330 at 118k and currently at 120k. . . . .I am not sure what it says as to when to change it.
But this is one preventive maintenance i am conscious of.

Also, my check engine has gone from emission system below threshold to P2214, something about the 02 sensor current being high.
I am so sure this is a sensor issue.

What are your thoughts? Before now, i had an emission below threshold code, small fuel vapour leak code. Now after clearing these codes twice, it is now the 2214 above that keeps coming up.

Toyota and Lexus recommends replacement of timing belts @ 90,000 miles or 9 years. If vehicle has a service history, check if belt has been replaced.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Toyota and Lexus recommends replacement of timing belts @ 90,000 miles or 9 years. If vehicle has a service history, check if belt has been replaced.

I am unable to ascertain this unfortunately.
Couldn't find any detailed service history. Quite sad.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Emperoh:

I am unable to ascertain this unfortunately.
Couldn't find any detailed service history. Quite sad.

If unsure, save to replace. Cost of replacing is cheaper than fixing a faulty engine.
Ensure replacement is performed by a capable hand.
NB: I replaced my belt and tensioners @75k miles @ a Lexus dealership.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

If unsure, save to replace. Cost of replacing is cheaper than fixing a faulty engine.
Ensure replacement is performed by a capable hand.
NB: I replaced my belt and tensioners @75k miles @ a Lexus dealership.

Are you in Abuja?
Can you recommend?
Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
lomomike:

If its sealed, leave it at that, you don't wish to bear pains from mechanics in Nigeria. However, check/download your maintenance schedule booklet/guide and see when its due for change but still refer to your owner's manual for specific type of ATF.

Check the service stickers and booklets to find out if yours has been serviced and what mileage it was serviced.
I was glad to see my RX330 was comprehensively serviced by lexus of watertown prior to shipment. The ATF, engine oil, Diff oil, coolant, and the serpentine belt was changed by them and I saw it in their service.

The service manual says 'periodic checks and replacement of the transmission fluid are not required'. The car was maintained by Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth, Texas from purchase until it was auctioned @ 160k miles. There was no transmission service during that period. What kind of preventive maintenance can I carry out on the transmission? I discovered online that some sealed transmissions begin to fail from 120k miles.
Thanks lomomike. You've been very helpful
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello fellow CLUB LEXUS. My tranny packed up. Please how much does a toks tranny ( gearbox) cost here in nigeria. I need to buy one asap. 2001 rx300

Ps: contact of seller will be highly appreciated.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 8:13am On Aug 25, 2014
patttcom: Hello fellow CLUB LEXUS. My tranny packed up. Please how much does a toks tranny ( gearbox) cost here in nigeria. I need to buy one asap. 2001 rx300

Ps: contact of seller will be highly appreciated.

Hello Guys, please I need assistance, my power window is not working well, they can only go down but can not move up except the passager side.....LEXUS 350 2008. please assist.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2014
Hello Guys, please I need assistance, my power window is not working well, they can only go down but can not move up except the passager side.....LEXUS 350 2008. please assist.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 25, 2014
jimmrozz:

Yove posted this before in another thread, but for the sake of this thread (and the issue being a lexus related stuff), I'd post it again.

If its the power buttons on the door side, it is all
power one touch 'auto all' down/up button and it is programmable, but it loses its program which control it as it is suppose to work if you remove the battery terminal of the car, however you have to reprogram the buttons again to enable them regain the functions.

To reprogram the 'auto all' down/up button to re-function again, do these, close all doors, While holding d individual door power button. hold right side rear door power button on the driver side and on d passenger side and press down simultaneously until all the glass winds down, den press up till glass fully closes. Repeat same step again. Then release buttons. Test the power
All button on driver door side for right rear door if 'auto all' function works. If it doesn't, repeat the step again. If it does, repeat steps for all doors.
But the 'auto all' glass roll down on the remote
control fob of the car only rolls down the glass and doesn't raise them.
Hope this help?

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=lomomike]

Yove posted this before in another thread, but for the sake of this thread (and the issue being a lexus related stuff), I'd post it again.

If its the power buttons on the door side, it is all
power one touch 'auto all' down/up button and it is programmable, but it loses its program which control it as it is suppose to work if you remove the battery terminal of the car, however you have to reprogram the buttons again to enable them regain the functions.

To reprogram the 'auto all' down/up button to re-function again, do these, close all doors, While holding d individual door power button. hold right side rear door power button on the driver side and on d passenger side and press down simultaneously until all the glass winds down, den press up till glass fully closes. Repeat same step again. Then release buttons. Test the power
All button on driver door side for right rear door if 'auto all' function works. If it doesn't, repeat the step again. If it does, repeat steps for all doors.
But the 'auto all' glass roll down on the remote
control fob of the car only rolls down the glass and doesn't raise them.
Hope this help?[
Hello Sir,
Thanks very much, I appreciate, I will perform and revert.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=jimmrozz][/quote]
Thanks a lot Sir,
I appreciate, I will perform and revert.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 6:24am On Aug 26, 2014
Please house, whenever I turn my steering, it gets stiff and refuses to return automatically except I control the steering back. Even while driving the steering is hard.
Lexus RX300
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 26, 2014
colossus2: Please house, whenever I turn my steering, it gets stiff and refuses to return automatically except I control the steering back. Even while driving the steering is hard.
Lexus RX300
Check power steering pump and pipings. They maybe weak and failing.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2014
lomomike:
Check power steering pump and pipings. They maybe weak and failing.
Okay tnx bro. Will get to the mechanic today then.
I also hearing a bubbling sound from behind like the sound of a beating drum, tho' it's not very loud.
Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Hello house. My 08 es350 was hit by another motorist on the rear passenger side. The impact was more on the wheel. The mech changed the shock and arms on dat side.
Problems: since then check VSC keeps flashing on my dash
AFS off also keeps flashing even though I've pushed the button under the dashboard
Are these serious problems?
How do I solve them?
Please help
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
mdenigma: Hello house. My 08 es350 was hit by another motorist on the rear passenger side. The impact was more on the wheel. The mech changed the shock and arms on dat side.
Problems: since then check VSC keeps flashing on my dash
AFS off also keeps flashing even though I've pushed the button under the dashboard
Are these serious problems?
How do I solve them?
Please help

Do you have a check engine light on?
If not, then the impact on the wheel must had damaged or mis-aligned the VSC wheel sensor.
As for the AFS, maybe the impact had moved a critical component in the Automatic Frontight System. To check if your AFS still operates, in a dark straight area while at stop, turn on the head lamp, then turn on the ignition if the Headlamp swivel and re-aligns themselves, they are still operational but if they don't, it might be the AFS sensor, potentiometer or any ASSY that's got issues. But then you need to scan the car.

Go thru this thread for more info www.justanswer.com/lexus/2a7m4-afs-light-flashing-dash-light-go-periodically.html
Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
lomomike:

Do you have a check engine light on?
If not, then the impact on the wheel must had damaged or mis-aligned the VSC wheel sensor.
As for the AFS, maybe the impact had moved a critical component in the Automatic Frontight System. To check if your AFS still operates, in a dark straight area while at stop, turn on the head lamp, then turn on the ignition if the Headlamp swivel and re-aligns themselves, they are still operational but if they don't, it might be the AFS sensor, potentiometer or any ASSY that's got issues. But then you need to scan the car.

Go thru this thread for more info www.justanswer.com/lexus/2a7m4-afs-light-flashing-dash-light-go-periodically.html

The Check engine light is not on. The check vsc light came on with the master warning light. I didn't notice any sensors while the wheel was being worked on(I may be wrong). I've just parked the car cos I don't wanna do more damage.
I'll get it scanned as you've suggested. Are these sensors(AFS and vsc) readily available?
Where can I get them?
This club rocks. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
mdenigma:

The Check engine light is not on. The check vsc light came on with the master warning light. I didn't notice any sensors while the wheel was being worked on(I may be wrong). I've just parked the car cos I don't wanna do more damage.
I'll get it scanned as you've suggested. Are these sensors(AFS and vsc) readily available?
Where can I get them?
This club rocks. Thanks
What's master warning light? Never heard about that before. Pls take a picture of the instrument cluster gauges when the car is on and running and the fault lights showing.
As for the AFS sensors , is your car using air suspension?

If you want to get the sensors, check online and purchase in www.ebay.com or lexus.sewellparts.com if you have the means or check ladipo in Lagos.
Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
lomomike:
What's master warning light? Never heard about that before. Pls take a picture of the instrument cluster gauges when the car is on and running and the fault lights showing.
As for the AFS sensors , is your car using air suspension?

If you want to get the sensors, check online and purchase in www.ebay.com or lexus.sewellparts.com if you have the means or check ladipo in Lagos.

The master warning light is a red triangle that flashes during a system malfunction. My es 350 doesn't have the airs. I'm as green as they come regarding online transactions. How can u help a brother out if I need 2 source for parts? I reside in kaduna, Nigeria.
How are pictures uploaded here?still learning
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 5:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Morning house,
1) I got the steering issue fixed before the weekend and it became free. 3 days later it gets hard/strong to turn it sometimes while driving (could give me shoulder/hand ache) embarassed

2) Since Sunday, while I am driving, the car forces itself to accelerate. It kinda drags while accelerating like it's being pushed to move.

3) I tried to reverse that sunday evening but it's reversal failed even when it indicated "R" on the dashboard. Instead of it reversing, it stays put, then drags itself, moves like 3 inches forward (while on REVERSE) cry
Almost trapped me that evening where I went to. All I did was place it on Drive and kept moving forward. After a while of driving I tried the reverse then it responded.
Normally, before you change a gear position, you need to place your foot on brake before you could press the knob on the gear. But when reversal failed, I could press the knob without stepping on brake just like when it's on Neutral.

4) I was travelling yesterday evening and the accelerating ish came up again, after sometime it starts going smoothly, after sometime again it drags....this was on the highway (frightening tho' cos someone could hit you from behind when it occurs). I will travel back this morning and I guess I will drive sluggishly on the way.

I'm sorry for my lengthy post. Please kindly treat this issue and give suggestions on a remedy.

Lexus RX300.
Tnx
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Colossus, good morning sorry about the palava you're facing with your lexus. However, there are questions I'd like you to answer before I go ahead to profer solution.

1* did you change the ATF (gear box oil), if yes, whY did you change it, when did u change it and what type/brand did you use to refill it again?

2* have you scanned the car, if yes, what are the codes shown, if no, what are you waiting for, why not scan it?

RESOLUTION
1* Stop driving that car, I feel its got serious issue and it might be in limp mode.

2* Don't tamper with anything, don't let any mechanic touch the car without scanning it.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 7:05am On Sep 02, 2014
lomomike: Colossus, good morning sorry about the palava you're facing with your lexus. However, there are questions I'd like you to answer before I go ahead to profer solution.

1* did you change the ATF (gear box oil), if yes, whY did you change it, when did u change it and what type/brand did you use to refill it again?

2* have you scanned the car, if yes, what are the codes shown, if no, what are you waiting for, why not scan it?

RESOLUTION
1* Stop driving that car, I feel its got serious issue and it might be in limp mode.

2* Don't tamper with anything, don't let any mechanic touch the car without scanning it.

(1)
Yes I changed the transmission oil.
Why I changed it was because the gear box seal was leaking underneath so it was replaced.
It was changed in June.
It was refilled with Seahorse ATF Dextron.

(2)
Presently it has not been scanned. The last scan was done towards the end of May or early June.

While I was driving yesterday, A/T Oil Temp came on. After sometime it went off. It later came on again until I got to my destination (a 3-hour drive).
I need to travel back this morning.
Regards!!!
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2014
colossus2:
[center]1[/center]
Yes I changed the transmission oil.
Why I changed it was because the gear box seal was leaking underneath so it was replaced.
It was changed in June.
It was refilled with Seahorse ATF Dextron.

[center]2[/center]
Presently it has not been scanned. The last scan was done towards the end of May or early June.

While I was driving yesterday, A/T Oil Temp came on. After sometime it went off. It later came on again until I got to my destination (a 3-hour drive).
I need to travel back this morning.
Regards!!!

Seahorse dextron 2

You've poisoned your tranny, your lexus uses genuine toyota type T-IV automatic transmission fluid ONLY and lexus recommend regular change at 30,000miles but I recommend 15,000mile because of the well documented issues with RX300 sensitivity of Atf. Any other fluid use in the atf will kill it.

Jeez, bro at this instance, go drain that poison, get 4 number of 4 liter cans of genuine toyota type T-IV ATF and refill it, drive for some distance (30km), return, drain it, get another type T-IV aft and refill and drain till the last can.

Mehn just pray you've not bricked that tranny.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 8:21am On Sep 02, 2014

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 02, 2014
colossus2:
all correct chief, carry on bro ask for the price and lemme know
Re: Club-Lexus by jimmrozz: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dear Folks,
Please how can I remove maintenance prompt from coming on after service was done (Lexus Rx 350), the light always blink once the car is started in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
jimmrozz: Dear Folks,
Please how can I remove maintenance prompt from coming on after service was done (Lexus Rx 350), the light always blink once the car is started in the morning.

It indicates your oil is soon due for change.

Change the oil and follow this procedure:

1.Turn ignition to 'LOCK'
2. Then turn the Ignition to 'ON' simultaneously while you are pressing the ODO/TRIP button for 5 seconds. If the Odometer resets to '0000', it is successful, if not, remove the key and repeat procedure again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.