Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (355740 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:08am On Jun 14, 2020
willian10:

Yes it is, but 11MPG is the consumption for a G Wagon
Luxury pass luxury my brother
I am just concern about d MPG cos what I saw online is 18MPG cry
Re: Club-Lexus by Swaginton(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Praxtech:

Depends on what you want in the car
I just want a reliable car that feels luxurious both in the exterior and interior
Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 12:47am On Jun 15, 2020
Fingalin:

Sad it's happening on a recently bought car. I would suggest you check it out with another mechanic before fixing anything. I noticed my car's (rx330) mpg dropped as well and I felt maybe it's because I don't always take it for long cruises, because I know cars consume less fuel on highway than city/urban cruises. all the same 11mpg is quite low so check another mechanic. Cheers
I used 34 litres for a 190KM journey yesterday
I don’t think it’s bad for a 3.5L V6 engine
Re: Club-Lexus by falansa: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Evening bosses,
Mr es350 2008 engine cover was removed at the port. I suspect the clearing agent might have hand in it.
My Mech said cover is 65k and it's quite much for my pocket now, so I'm looking for where to get this cover at least for now and the the the likely price

Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
willian10:

CITY OR HIGHWAY
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
falansa:
Evening bosses,
Mr es350 2008 engine cover was removed at the port. I suspect the clearing agent might have hand in it.
My Mech said cover is 65k and it's quite much for my pocket now, so I'm looking for where to get this cover at least for now and the the the likely price

Jesus lord. It wasn't more than 12k pre covid.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by thebigkendo(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
falansa:
Evening bosses,

Drive the motor without the cover na!!!
till you can afford it.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Conductor261:

CITY OR HIGHWAY
Highway
Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
willian10:

willian10:

Highway

high 340km or 300km..... if driven optimally no mashing of accelerator pedal

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by HolyHero: 1:30am On Jun 16, 2020
Hello guys,

I use a Es330, I noticed recently that whenever I’m on the highway driving the engine is very loud... I thought maybe The exhaust pipe was leaking but the mechanic said it’s not... whenever I’m accelerating, there’s always this revving sound... I don’t know what’s wrong.
Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 9:18am On Jun 16, 2020
Conductor261:

high 340km or 300km..... if driven optimally no mashing of accelerator pedal
I don’t think you can use what we see on the internet
My friend IS350 fuel consumption shows same MPG, same consumption about 12.5MPG on the highway
Re: Club-Lexus by Praxtech: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
willian10:

My friend IS350 fuel consumption shows same MPG, same consumption about 12.5MPG on the highway
You can and you should!
Re: Club-Lexus by Eddee(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
HolyHero:
Hello guys,

I use a Es330, I noticed recently that whenever I’m on the highway driving the engine is very loud... I thought maybe The exhaust pipe was leaking but the mechanic said it’s not... whenever I’m accelerating, there’s always this revving sound... I don’t know what’s wrong.

My brother your problem be say you no get problem - you're also lucky your mechanic isn't in the mood to "obtain" you.

You don't want to be within ten feet when I'm in the mood to have a go!

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Praxtech:

You can and you should!
No boss, the octane rate of the gas might be different
Re: Club-Lexus by Praxtech: 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
willian10:

No boss, the octane rate of the gas might be different

Modern engines are designed to retard timing to accommodate the lower octane rating. Then you are supposed to use octane boosters.

Note Mercedes Benz is driven in Nigeria and they also require high octane fuel.. Yet we get close to factory or factory MPG.

UNLESS LEXUS FORGOT TO COPY THAT FROM MERCEDES BENZ
Re: Club-Lexus by 4crownfortress(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
BarrSly:

Toks 06/07/08 Lexus Is250 needed clean title duty Fully paid... quote me if available serious buyer.

07 available call or WhatsApp 07082219278
Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 8:03am On Jun 17, 2020
Praxtech:

Modern engines are designed to retard timing to accommodate the lower octane rating. Then you are supposed to use octane boosters.

Note Mercedes Benz is driven in Nigeria and they also require high octane fuel.. Yet we get close to factory or factory MPG.

UNLESS LEXUS FORGOT TO COPY THAT FROM MERCEDES BENZ
Okay
Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 12:56am On Jun 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

You seem so so bothered about MPG over anything else on your Lexus, yet, you own a premium SUV.

Well, since you're interested in getting to the root of the matter, run a live data scan on the car and a normal scan to pick up codes.
Take note of the live data recordings and post pictures of the readings here for my interpretation then we'll take it up from there.
This

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
willian10:

This

I can't make of what's written in that sheet due to the handwriting (pardon me). Please, type the write up here so I can easily look and tell you better.
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2020
willian10:

Truth is i ignore some of these readings that flicker on the dashboard...because there are confusing. What I am more concerned with is how much fuel do i buy on my normal routine driving. Now I regularly buy 6k fuel once a week for my car and i even get left over at the end of the week before top up.
Another thing we have to consider is that some filling stations mix all sorts of chemical in the PMS before selling them. All these adulteration dey affect how fast the PMS dey burn. I have experienced it
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2020
HolyHero:
Hello guys,

Is it a new car? If you have been driving it....did you just notice the noise/rev? Unusual engine noise should not be ignored because that's the heart of your car. Check for the basics ..eg ensure there is enough engine oil and since it's an ES 330 check the service and maintenance history, timing belt, water pump etc. Then check wheel hub and bearing, all of them dey contribute to noise. Cheers
Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 8:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Fingalin:

Truth is i ignore some of these readings that flicker on the dashboard...because there are confusing. What I am more concerned with is how much fuel do i buy on my normal routine driving. Now I regularly buy 6k fuel once a week for my car and i even get left over at the end of the week before top up.
Another thing we have to consider is that some filling stations mix all sorts of chemical in the PMS before selling them. All these adulteration dey affect how fast the PMS dey burn. I have experienced it
You’re right, tho I’ve been getting about 15MPG lately
But the truth is, some gas station sells shitty fuel which burns faster, I’m still trying to get the station that sells better, cos I didn’t notice this on my previous car, I only keep tabs on the gauge, but now I will keep tabs on everything atleast until I get a station that sells better fuel.
Spending less than 30k on fuel monthly is very good, some spends more than that to fuel their generators.
What year is your RX?
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2020
willian10:

You’re right, tho I’ve been getting about 15MPG lately
But the truth is, some gas station sells shitty fuel which burns faster, I’m still trying to get the station that sells better, cos I didn’t notice this on my previous car, I only keep tabs on the gauge, but now I will keep tabs on everything atleast until I get a station that sells better fuel.
Spending less than 30k on fuel monthly is very good, some spends more than that to fuel their generators.
What year is your RX?
mine 012...i don't spend more than 5k weekly on fuel with AC and hold-up
Re: Club-Lexus by HolyHero: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Fingalin:

Is it a new car? If you have been driving it....did you just notice the noise/rev? Unusual engine noise should not be ignored because that's the heart of your car. Check for the basics ..eg ensure there is enough engine oil and since it's an ES 330 check the service and maintenance history, timing belt, water pump etc. Then check wheel hub and bearing, all of them dey contribute to noise. Cheers

Thanks so much
Re: Club-Lexus by Carfreak966: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2020
falansa:
Evening bosses,

Something they were selling 15k before
Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 10:51am On Jun 21, 2020
Carfreak966:

Something they were selling 15k before
Have you bought the Hyundai Sonata?
Re: Club-Lexus by willian10: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2020
austino677:
mine 012...i don't spend more than 5k weekly on fuel with AC and hold-up
Does it display MPG on the dashboard ?
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2020
willian10:

Does it display MPG on the dashboard ?
i don't even check it
Re: Club-Lexus by Carfreak966: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Have you bought the Hyundai Sonata?

Just left the place now. About 4 mins ago. Body is to be painted and fixed and the engine day do somehow
Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2020
Carfreak966:

Just left the place now. About 4 mins ago. Body is to be painted and fixed and the engine day do somehow
Buy a MERCEDES
Re: Club-Lexus by Carfreak966: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Buy a MERCEDES

Boy get off my mentions. You aren’t a car owner
Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
Carfreak966:

Boy get off my mentions. You aren’t a car owner
Uncle buy a MERCEDES

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.