Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic (13684 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Jonathan - No Nigerian To Die Of HIV Henceforth / Widow, Daughters Die Of Food-Poisoning In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by nanime(f): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Careless mother what stopping u from providing another means to fan ur child,what rubbish,that child blood is in ur hands
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by esbjaygmailco(m): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2013
na waoooo, wetin lagosians go do nau
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by doctimi(m): 9:22am On Oct 23, 2013
Oh my God.....the mother could av done something......quite unfortunate....Tell me why dey won't say Nigeria is the worst place to be born! RIP to the dead
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm...RIP 2 the dead...
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by twogood: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2013
I feel for the child. Giving the child some water to drink and dabbing the body with water at intervals may have helped.
Well, at least he is in a better place, away from Naija stress.
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by lafuria1(m): 9:33am On Oct 23, 2013
nanime: Careless mother what stopping u from providing another means to fan ur child,what rubbish,that child blood is in ur hands
It does change the story that the traffic at the Niger bridge is horrible. Easy to blame the mother, who do you blame for the other man that died? I guess he committed suicide for travelling from North to East.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by MrAboki: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2013
odua son: And who are you to determine if a yoruba man/hausa man would not become the president.

An eligible Voter.. Thats who!!

1 Like

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Reference(m): 9:47am On Oct 23, 2013
simpleseyi:

It is impossible because the governors are busy LOOTING. Two South-South governors bought private gets with the people's money. Ex-militant Government Tompolo just bought a private jet recently. Asari Dokuboh has built private University in Benin Republic. Mrs. Dezaini Allison-Madueke has a private jet too, Stella Oduah is busy acquiring the latest automobiles. Jonathan has 10 presidential jets. How will they be able to build infrastructures?

On the one hand you claim to offer suggestions but discredit others in line. Are you sincere or sincerely mocking. This is too obvious nau.
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2013
pics of the dead people,or it ddnt happen. angry
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Afritop(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2013
The style at which this government kill its citizens is really alarming and they will use intelligent reports to shift the blame on its citizens
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Debee15(f): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Well till Nigerians are or get courageous enough to start an uprising or a revolution, there is no changing anything for the better. Jona can sell off 1 of the so called presidential fleet and start up a second bridge, that is incase there is no more money left in the treasury to start it oooo. Like I always say, everyone in naija is a president to himself cos no one has come out to say they gained anything from the government, not in health, education or social amenities and its a big shame. What we need is re-colonialism or an uprising, if not, I suggest everyone just shut up and keep shaking their heads!

1 Like

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by KenDStar: 11:04am On Oct 23, 2013
simpleseyi:

The Ikoyi floating electric bridge that Fashola built is longer than the Onitsha bridge, apart from the Ikoyi floating electric bridege, he has built two other bridges. Ask Mr Google, he will tell you more. All SE & SS governors cannot put their stolen wealth together and built the all important bridge.

Stop parading your ignorance here.

The Niger bridge is a Federal Govt owned facility. It does not belong to Anambra or Delta State.

And if the Fed Govt can build the 3rd Mainland Bridge to link Lagos Island with the rest of Lagos, what then is wrong in people reminding them of their resposibility in building a bigger bridge at Onitsha to cater for NIGERIANS travelling on that road?

And if you're so much for regional development of federal govt infrastructure, how come the SW states have not fixed the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, the Sagamu - Ore portion of Lagos- Benin expressway or the Ibadan - Ilorin stretch?

Stop tribalising serious national issues.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by KenDStar: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2013
simpleseyi:

The Ikoyi floating electric bridge that Fashola built is longer than the Onitsha bridge, apart from the Ikoyi floating electric bridege, he has built two other bridges. Ask Mr Google, he will tell you more. All SE & SS governors cannot put their stolen wealth together and built the all important bridge.

The so-called floating Ikoyi bridge Fashola built is less than 500m.

For you to claim that the Ikoyi 500m bridge is longer than the Niger Bridge, it's obvious you have never been on the Niger bridge.

1 Like

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Akeem79(m): 11:12am On Oct 23, 2013
R I P
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2013
I exhausted my RIP, can someone lend me some ?
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by cameogirl(f): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2013
Waiting for the new Governor to come and do something.
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by TonySpike: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2013
KenDStar:

For you to claim that the Ikoyi 500m bridge is longer than the Niger Bridge, it's obvious you have never been on the Niger bridge.

Bro, this is not a thread to engage in undue bickering because it is indeed a news to make one sober. I however want to correct your bogus claim that the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is 500m in distance. The new bridge constructed by Fashola's government is approximately 1.3 km in distance as shown in the first picture below from Google Map. The Onitsha-Asaba on the other hand is approximately 1.2 km in length, although I think the terrain for the new bridge might make it longer as seen from the map.

It's time we appreciated the power of the internet and eschew bogus claims on public forums like this. By the way, I am just a neutral observer.

1 Like

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by simpleseyi: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2013
KenDStar:

I did my youth service in Anambra state at km 11 Onitsha - Owerri Express Road, that is Grundtvig Institute, Oba, so even if I have not been on the Niger bridge before youth service at least youth service took me there. Go to Google and find out the length of Ikoyi floating electric bridge and the length of Niger bridge. Niger bridge is shorter than Ikoyi floating electric bridge. But, wait a minute, if you Easterners are not complaining about the performance of your governors, who am I to complain on your behalf. Sorry, for my poke-nosing, ENJOY THE FRESH AIR.
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by lastmessenger: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2013
Lets stop being tribalistic in issues like this.it is the federal government responsibility to build the second niger bridge and not that of the SS and SE. governors

3 Likes

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by juman(m): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2013
^^
Their governors are unserious ones. Why are they waiting for federal government forever?

Why can't their governors build that small bridge?
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by GentleMimi: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
Could I said that was a little negligence from the mother.
Mothers shud paid proper attention to their kids since they can only cry while in discomfort and cant talk.
RIP to both of them.
But why is our govt found it difficult fulfilling their promises?
You're obviously not a mother,because if u were,u wld'nt be too quick to make this statement. Children are always cranky in traffic situations. What do u want the mother to do,throw the baby into river Niger? She was on top of d bridge,in d middle of a traffic jam!

1 Like

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by babyblissShop: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
I think that before the Federal government builds another bridge the government of Anambra state should put in place proper traffic control mechanisms. It is sad that two people died due to exhaustion but how many more people will have to die before the government will due what they were put in place to do? Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that state has a commissioner for transportation. What is he commissioning? Once you get to the head bridge sometime till you cross Umunya, it is traffic unlimited. What is causing the traffic? Total break down of law and order. They should get the traders, agberos and bus parks off that road. Is the traffic police in Anambra on sabbatical? As long as the government decides to neglect their duties, even if they build ten bridges across the Niger, the story may remain the same.

1 Like

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by GentleMimi: 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
simpleseyi:

My brother from another mother, it is unfortunate that you are seeing it from that perspective, but my intention is far from that. My intention is to make South-Easterners and South-Southerners hold their leaders accountable and also stay home and develop their region. Jonathan has just been deceived by the Northerners to build Centenary City in Abuja, why Abuja again? All oil money is going to develop the North and the rest shared among jet flying militants. This fraud called Nigeria will end soon because lies cannot last forever. Let the South start developing its region, SW, SE and SS. there is no reason why Ibos will be "developing" Lagos, go and develop your Biafran Republic so that you will not be start from Level Zero when this fraud called Nigeria finally ends.
Thank u for ur so called ''advice'' dripping with sarcasm and tribalism. Pls get ur facts straight b4 u spew comments here. Do u know anyfin abt the history of Niger bridge.Pls stop exhibiting ignorance laced with tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by KenDStar: 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
juman: ^^
Their governors are unserious ones. Why are they waiting for federal government forever?

Why can't their governors build that small bridge?

Brother, for the same reasons why the SW governors have not repaired the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway!

3 Likes

Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by juman(m): 12:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
KenDStar:

Brother, for the same reasons why the SW governors have not repaired the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway!

SW governors requested many times from federal government to take over the repair of the Lagos-Ibadan road, but the federal government refused to allow them do the road.

The federal government know that if they are reluctant to repair the road the SW governors will certainly take over and do it. That is certain.
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by swedbase(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is one of the reasons i hate this fraud called Nigeria, We who have the oil have little or no infrastructure but LAGOS AND ABUJA who have nothing are being develop everyday with our oil wealth.
Re: 2 Die Of Exhaustion At Onitsha Bridge Traffic by KenDStar: 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
simpleseyi:

I did my youth service in Anambra state at km 11 Onitsha - Owerri Express Road, that is Grundtvig Institute, Oba, so even if I have not been on the Niger bridge before youth service at least youth service took me there. Go to Google and find out the length of Ikoyi floating electric bridge and the length of Niger bridge. Niger bridge is shorter than Ikoyi floating electric bridge. But, wait a minute, if you Easterners are not complaining about the performance of your governors, who am I to complain on your behalf. Sorry, for my poke-nosing, ENJOY THE FRESH AIR.

People are not bereft of common sense, you know.
Read all your comments on this topic and show me where your so called empathy is. There's no point coming online to mock people that you're not even better off. Since you claim to have served in Oba, Anambra State, you can attest to the quality of the Anambra State owned roads.

When you develop Ibadan, Ife, Osogbo, Akure, Ado-Ekiti, Lagos, Abeokuta, etc into world class cities, then you can come and complain about the performance of the SE, SS, NC, NW and NE governors but for now brother, keep your poorly disguised mockery to yourself.

And if you must know, Obasanjo was president for 8 years and Nigeria witnessed the worst degradation of federal roads from Lagos-Ibadan, Sagamu - Benin, Onitsha-Enugu-PortHarcourt, Abuja - Suleja, Ibadan-Ilorin, to even the gateway to Nigeria- the Badagry Expressway. Even the federal road that passes through Ota was in serious disrepair.

What I believe we should be discussing here is getting the Federal Govt to do its job otherwise the revenue allocation formular should be restructured and the States given a larger share and take over the responsibility for maintaining the current trunk A roads (Federal roads). It is only when this is done that I will hold state Governors responsible for the state of trunk A roads in their domain.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency. / National Hugging Day: Five Health Benefits Of Hugging / Improving Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Self Fertility Massage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.