Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days (88534 Views)

Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Hollyb(f): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2013
Who remember this one * Ojo ife ro si mi lara, iwo oko mi raga bo mi dakun fife re si mi lara o o bla bla av forgotten the singers name and this one wadada wadada you sing for everyone. I soo loved it

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2013
igbsam: Where is Daniel Wilson ? Junion and Pretty ? Alex O ? Where dem go hide ?

I heard the Pretty of the Junior and Pretty fame died some years back.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2013
Feeling so nostalgic. I had many of these songs until my memory card went missing. I loved Nel Oliver's baby girl, Blacky's Rossie, Onyeka's wait for me, Christy's Seun Rere. Liberty's Ifeoma is just CLASSIC!.

Please, who has a link to this song.... "joy joy joy, would you marry me?
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by NNMUU(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2013
How about AGOLO by Angelique Kidjo.
I know it's not a Nigerian song but it does sound like Yoruba tho.
I never understood a word she said back then but i always loved it each time it came on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4dERzdBon0

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by chucky234(m): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2013
Temps_okes: ANGEL GABRIELA.... Faze!!!... I must confess d lord has been good to me, sent me gabriela from above... Ogini ka ichoro... M ga enye gi times two!
Wetin dis pikin dey talk sef,we dey talk about oldies you dey mention Faze and dat him angel gabriella song.
Go play with your mate dem for outside,we go call make you come sweep this hall wen we through with the gathering.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Okikiade(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2013
You're my sugar,my honey,my tender lover!If you say love me,I love you forever. Love me jeje...
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by igbsam(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2013
who remember one lady like that....I think she's nicknamed African Oyinbo.....tall and very fair in complexion. Can't remember her name, but i can picture her face very well.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Okikiade(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2013
Angelique Kidjo's Babalawo!Brenda Fazie...
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Tinkybabe(f): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2013
franktolk: Funmi Adams - Nigeria
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIODtxBX8ug[/flash]

This song!!!!!!!nostalgic cry
I loved this song...used to sing it like everyday though with the lyrics jumbled together
When our faith in Nigeria was still resolute.

then there's love me jeje,love me tender
I used to say love me jeje,love me tender (2ce)locosuna,I send I send my lover... grin enough nonsense in the name of singing the lyrics

Anyone know where to get this song ?

Caro yellow baby,Caro yellow sisi
Caro carry my money follow oyinbo....

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by yat11: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by babseg(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2013
NNMUU: How about AGOLO by Angelique Kidjo.
I never understood a word she said back then but i always loved it each time it came on.

Yeah she is not a Nigerian and I think she is from Republic of Benin and most of the lyrics were in yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Epic epic epic... Just listen to wait for me by Oyeka Owenu and King sunny ade again, how many of our ladies and guys are ready to wait and plan their lives together from the scratch now?
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by chucky234(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2013
igbsam: who remember one lady like that....I think she's nicknamed African Oyinbo.....tall and very fair in complexion. Can't remember her name, but i can picture her face very well.
Thats no doubt Tina Onwudiwe.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by olarkaycee(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2013
pls how can i download the soft copy of these audio old schl music
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2013
johnnobles:
thanks my bro
Sister, I be woman o tongue

vivacious vivi:

Definitely my best evergreen song! Loved this song to pieces. I actually had an exercise book even at such a young age where i wrote down lyrics of songs! grin Kai, the young shall grow.
At Poster: thanks for all the Youtube links. You have brought back pleasant memories from my childhood. cheesy

My pleasure smiley

Tinkybabe:

This song!!!!!!!nostalgic cry
I loved this song...used to sing it like everyday though with the lyrics jumbled together
When our faith in Nigeria was still resolute.

then there's love me jeje,love me tender
I used to say love me jeje,love me tender (2ce)locosuna,I send I send my lover... grin enough nonsense in the name of singing the lyrics

Anyone know where to get this song ?

Caro yellow baby,Caro yellow sisi
Caro carry my money follow oyinbo....

Exactly!... it kinda strengthened our faith in Nigeria. You know, one of those songs that makes you love your country. I always used to listen to it every day.

igbsam: who remember one lady like that....I think she's nicknamed African Oyinbo.....tall and very fair in complexion. Can't remember her name, but i can picture her face very well.

Yeah, Chucky's right, Its Tina Onwudiwe
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2013
Oh no!
I've been missing something here.

I will always lv oldies! 70s,80s and the likes. I just don't know why I lv them.

I went to my village for burial and they played osita, oliver and all those old highlife musik. I bought them and always play them in my house anytime I feel homesick and miss my mum(cos she lvd them)
My FIL visited and requested I should by oldies for him. C me that thought I sabi oldies! Hv to write them down and it took me up to one week to get them and we danced away to their rythmns.
Soo sweet.
Infact, I hv collection of old hymns. Anything old. Don't know if I'm actually ok.is that not an obsession?
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2013
Anytime my pple want me to cry, they will sing this song for me;
Yellowsis dey for corner
(Hv forgotten the 2nd line)
Wetin dey cause am o!
Money palavar!

(Since my tender age, they ve been calling me yellowsisi so for my mind, I will be like so I be ashewo, and it will always make me cry)
Whoever that sang that song wasn't my friend. I loathe that song and was ready to kill the artist cos I was no ashewo!
(Can't help but laugh as I remember that)
Years of innocence.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Xion: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Anytime my pple want me to cry, they will sing this song for me;
Yellowsis dey for corner
(Hv forgotten the 2nd line)
Wetin dey cause am o!
Money palavar!

(Since my tender age, they ve been calling me yellowsisi so for my mind, I will be like so I be ashewo, and it will always make me cry)
Whoever that sang that song wasn't my friend. I loathe that song and was ready to kill the artist cos I was no ashewo!
(Can't help but laugh as I remember that)
Years of innocence.

Orlando Owoh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Ribaman(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mine is "Mother and Child" by Sunny Okosun

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Prodigee: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mike Okri - Omoge, Veno Marioghae - Nigeria go survive, Alex O - Celebrate...
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
vivacious vivi:

Definitely my best evergreen song! Loved this song to pieces. I actually had an exercise book even at such a young age where i wrote down lyrics of songs! grin Kai, the young shall grow.
At Poster: thanks for all the Youtube links. You have brought back pleasant memories from my childhood. cheesy

Blacckky : Hi Rosie, can I have a dance

Rosie : No Blacckky do you know who you are talking to..
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Egbagirl(f): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
NNMUU: How about AGOLO by Angelique Kidjo.

I love Angelique Kidjo!! She's one of my favs! Amazing singer/artist
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by pofolo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
about 6 days ago ,it was raining and my dstv lost signal and there and then i tuned to because.......
and guess what video they were playing?
SHINAMANIA.......................!!!
The next day , i went to get ACE, SHINAMANIA and EXPERIENCE......................
I still have more than 600 tracks of obey and sunny ade. love dayo kujore, orlando owoh, tunji oyelana,victor olaiya, victor uwaifo, etc......
of all these so called NEW SCHOOL, i only love selected few that sings meaningful songs...........and 1st on the list is BEAUTIFUL NUBIA, tubaba,
asa, lagbaja etc.
orin ti taan as my dad would always say.....................

now, knowledge no dey for most songs again.
na woman and there body part, fast money, party and slangs wey no benefit our lifes we dey hear !!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by zeelo2014: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
chucky234: Inferno was in Sweden not UK
Thought it was Switzerland. Among all the old-timers,I think Bongos Ikwue is the most successful till date. HE has a resort & hotels in Otukpo,he has a big furniture company in Abuja + other solid investments scattered across the country,he was also linked romantically to Maryam Babangida.
No one has mentioned Oliver de coque,his tribute to the 1994 Airforce air disaster.
Shina Peters greatest track,chei! I've forgotten ooo.
Then this advert then "make una call police ee,make una call police eee,call call call police ooo.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by carl07(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hi Nairalanders this post is nostalgic,i relish songs like Banana,Nwandama,In the name of love,I cant do without u,Look in the mirror by Alex O;Taxi driver-Mandy Brown;Monica-Pretty & Junior;Kinky raggaeman-Andy Shurman;chase them-Maxwell Udo;cool down no vex-Emphasis;Miss Jane-Black Banana and lots more

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Norberto: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
nanidee: Trying to find one of the most played songs in every birthday those years... Song goes like this..."oo, yeah I wish you happy birthday, oooo yeah, very many many happy returns".

Anyone remember it?

Her name is Evi- Edna Ogholi- 'Happy Birthday' is the song title...hit me up if u need it.. smiley
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by zeelo2014: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Double K owned by Bongos Ikwue. But come to think of it, In 20yrs to come won't people also feel nostalgic about songs like skelewu lagga diz lagga dat,lol or Alingo she's making me bark like a bingo and durosoke?

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by zeelo2014: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ohhh, Tina Onwudiwe the lady gaga of Africa. She dIed of lung cancer in the 90's.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
I can't believe nobody posted this song. This was the TUNE back then.

Love me jeje, love me tender cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi33GuzaY6g
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Lilimax(f): 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
proevan: Onyeka onwenu - Dancing in the sun

Victor Uwaifo - Mr Austerity * Poco-a-Poco

Felix Liberty - Ngozi * Ifeoma * Lover boy

Osayomore Joseph * Ododo

Peter side Otong - They can get me now : this song was hilarious grin grin grin

Alex Zito - Tickle me. : men that guy should have died of laughter been tickled cry

Isaac Black. - 'Omo no zozo'.

Sunny Okosun - Ziga 'Ozi. : don't really know the title of this track

Alex O - it takes some time to bobo and shuffle : nice rap

Chris Okotie - ABC, , , 123

Shina Peters - Dancing Time, Afro juju

Evi Edna Ogoli Ogosi - Look road before you cross

Bright Chimeze. - JJC

Felix and Moses - errrmmmm fogoten their songs now... Someone remind me

Majek Fashek - mama dede oyoyo' , majek fashek ina'new york

Ras kimono. - Gimme Little sugar for me tea

Chaka chaka - unkor boti'

Ecetera . . .
Correct!
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Peterkleva(m): 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Dis 1ns na wetin oyibo dey kall ''klasic muzik''
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by puyaca(m): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
nanidee: Mike Okri with Rumba dance
Evi Edna Ogoli

And a classic between Onyeka Onwenu and King Sunny Ade... embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY&list=PL6EB86F2BAE06B39E&index=13

@OP ! You nailed it , big time . Thanks for creating this thread , you've really brought back memories . I dont even know where to start from , amazing stuff from those great musicians . Tickle me from Alex Zito ! Holy Moses ! that was the bomb . Danny Wilson ! Great guy ! there was this tingy he did with Lemmy Kwarioku , Omolakeji (hope i got that right ) . Blacky's Bang bellee ! Puyaca !!! Does it have a video , never saw it then , if anybody's got that , plz . Junior and Pretty , chai ! Monica ! Monica !! Monica !!! Not sure that had a video as well . I tink they were the ones that started the rap tingy then , there was this other guys Emphasis ! anybody heard of them ? Ras Kimino (whata gwan !) , Oritz Wiliki , Mike Okri ,Rumba Dance , Omoge ! , or juju music , Sunny Ade , Shina Peters , Obey commander , Fuji sef !! growing up was ................... n so , many moreeeeeeeee !

Meeeenn ! pple don sing oooo ! and the thread is devoid of ............... . great stuff every one .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Song Are You Addicted To Right Now? / R. City Ft Adam Levine – Locked Away Mp3 Download / Lil Ameer Hassan Is Dead, To Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.